reading and displaying memo fields

I got an ODBC database with a memo field. Now I use a CRecordSet in
VC6 to read the database with CLongBinary for the memo field. After
reading 18 fields he's out of memory.
Is there a way to use CString instead of CLongBinary, cause it's only
text in the memo fields (I already tried, but then I get an error
message that the database could not be read)? Or is there a way to
read all other fields first and only read the memo field when the user
choose a specific item in the database?

Thank you for helping me!
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Reading only a specific portion of XML file.
I created the following test XML file, containing the translations of all my reports's labels in all available languages. Every report has all its localized texts under the proper CultureID node, under the report's name. The question is, (as I'm new to XML/XPath/etc...) using ASP.NET(VB), how to read all the labels of a report in a specified language, into a dataset? Imagine that for a report (e.g. Report_A) the user selects the CultureID from a dropdown list, to display the proper translations. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> &l...

Date calculation on 2 fields
I have a query that calculates captures a date filed 20 days after the date which is entered. It then gathers all the dates after the 20 days has been calculated. I need to code another date field that doesnt grab info 45 days past the date. Example: works now user - puts in date 1/28/2010 query - subracts 20 days from that date = 1/08/10 query - then gathers all the dates after 1/8/10. Need - To look at another date field and make sure no data is gathered 45 days from the date in field. Are you talking about two separate queries, or a single query with two criteria? ...

display value axis on both sides
I'm trying to display the y axis on both the left and right side of the chart; is this possible, and if so, how to i go about it? thanks. This requires having a primary and secondary axis. The minimum requirement here is to have two series. The best way to manage this is to add a range to the worksheet using, say, the first two X values for X, and the minimum and maximum values in all of your Y data for Y. Add this range to your chart as a new series. If your main chart is a column chart, change this series only to a line chart type (Chart menu > Chart Type); otherwise use the s...

MSXML4 (Document Object Model XML), read the file, read the variables, fill it, send over socket
Hello together, I would like to make the following. - <root> - <header eventId="" version="" eventName="" timeStamp=""> <location lineNumber="" stationNumber="" stationIdent="" toolPosition="0" processName="" application="" /> </header> - <event> <Processed identifier="" /> </event> - <body> <identifierType></identifierType> I would like to read the XML file from harddisk. I look for the Variables or for all, de...

Read-only error saving to network
We have many Excel files saved to a server. All but one of our users can open the files directly from the server and make changes. They can then save the file back directly to the server. One user gets a read-only error message each time he tries to save the file on the server. It prompts him to make a copy. None of the files are marked as read-only. He has no problem opening the files, just can't save them. Doesn't seem to matter if he created the file or someone else did. Thanks for any help Will ...

How do I remove read-only
I have created a workbook and set it up as "shared". I have completed it and sent it to another user who cannot open it as it is "read only" and he needs to be able to add/amend it. I have gone into properties and the box "read only" is NOT checked. Where am I going wrong? Thanks To change read only, go into Windows explorer, right click on the file name, click on <Properties> and click Attributes/read-only on/off as appropriate. To change shared, click on <Save as><Tools><Properties><Sharing> Regards. Bill Ridgeway Compute...

Mailing Labels-Two Line Fields
I have a mailing label report with four fields, the first being Name. If the person's or family's name is too long, it truncates. How do I get it to finish on the line below, pushing the other fields down. I have all fields set to grow and shrink. Access 2002, WinXP. Thanks. Usually, you would set the section properties to allow growing but since this is for a label report, I doubt you want this. If the text box needs to grow, is there room to push the other text boxes down or do the fill already to the bottom of the section? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Alan&qu...

Read Receipts on internal domain only??
I am running Exchange 2003 with clients using Outlook 2003. Is there any way to limit read receipts to the internal domain only. I want staff members to be able to utilize this functionality but not have our customers and clients being plagued with the annoyance of these receipts. I have gone into ESM -> Global Settings ->Internet Message Settings -> Default Properties. There is nothing in there to configure "read" receipts. I have disabled delivery receipts there though. Thanks in advance for the help. ...

Strange "not read" receipt after reading email via quick reading pane in exch2003/ol2003
Hi there, Exch2003 SP1 system with FE & BE, both running on W2K3 server without sp1. Client side outlook2003sp1 in caching mode. Found that after using quick reading pane to view an email & delete it, at "deleted items" folder this email still in unopen status with blue (1). If this email further emptied from "deleted items" the sender of the email got an "not read" mail receipt, in which the recepient already read the email via quick reading pane. So this create confusion about my users, they ask why they already read the email but sender got su...

Combo Box
Hi, AFTER a user has choosen a row from a combo box, it appears that the combo box automatically display the first printable column. Is there a way to display someother column than the 1st printable column? Sometime I would like to print the 2nd or 3rd column. Is there a way to do this? -- Dennis Dennis wrote: > Hi, > > AFTER a user has choosen a row from a combo box, it appears that the > combo box automatically display the first printable column. > > Is there a way to display someother column than the 1st printable > column? Sometime I would...

Web Page Display is Slow
Windows XP(Home) SP3, 32Bit, OE6, IE8; Plenty of RAM & HHD space. Continuous checks for Virus/Malware 1.4Ghz, VIA Technologies, Inc. 8 kilobyte primary memory cache, 256 kilobyte secondary memory cache, P4X266-8233, Enclosure Type: Desktop V2 Premier, 2 External USB 500/1TB Hard Drives (NTFS), 1.5 GB Ram, Upgraded PSU, Belarc Advisor, Multimedia - lists, MPU-401 Compatible MIDI Device - Realtek AC'97 Audio for VIA (R) Audio Controller - Standard Game Port. Circuit Board: P4X266-8233, Bus Clock: 100 megahertz, BIOS: Award Software International, Inc. 6.00 PG 09/05/2001,...

Can't read email
Why can't I read email send from publisher 2007 with outlook 2007? It shows up as imagejpg -- Mark ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=0aa50d6b-100c-4567-bc76-f5e436fc70c7&dg=microso...

work flow wait condition is not working for datetime field added to entity in MS CRM
Microsoft CRM : Does the work flow wait condition work for a customised(added) datetime field? This is not working for datetime field added to case entity? any help will be appreciated ...

Reading Pane 2003
I was advised not to use the Preview Pane in earlier versions of Outlook because it could show a message which had a link to a website on which there was a virus and the virus would then be on my system even though I use a virus protector (Norton). I now have Outlook 2003 and read that sometimes the Reading Pane will not display a message and indicate instead that it contains "active content". Does this mean that in the example given above the message would not be displayed? Can I now safely use the Reading Pane without fear that a virus will get through it when it wou...

at least read it!!)- RETRACTION..PLEASE READ
do not respond to my earlier post not send me anything do not follow any of the directions on that erroneous post I thought it would be "funny"...I do not want any money, mail (email or otherwise) Please realize that this is illegal and respect my wishes to not receive any mail (i get enough crap in the mail already) I apologize for the post and any trouble it might have caused, if I could retract it I would ! Best ...

SOP Blank Invoice History
I am amending this report. I am happy with the report footer with the Net, Tax, Document total fields. I note where these come from and the 'Funtional/Originating' calculation to force a functional currency/ originating currency field (per the option picked when the report is written). However, how do I 'emulate' this at the line item level. I see no F/O calculated fields (other than extended cost) - which fields should I use for my own F/O calculation i.e. which field are the 'net amount', 'tax amount' and 'gross amount' in originationg and f...

BUG?!: PP 2007 does display all "Paste as link" charts of Excel 20
I discovered a bug in Excel / PP 2007 which I can easily reproduce. I have a simple "test" files if somebody wants to take a look. The basic outline is like this. 1) I create some graphs in Excel with considerable distance, so that they are not both visible on the screen simontainously. 2) I copy (by selecting a range containing the graphs), then paste-link (as dynamic graphics) the two chars into PP, each in its separate slide. 3) Now, If I rightclick and choose "update", the one which is not visible in Excel will not be shown! To me, it seems like Excel saves...

How to read "noteproperty" ?
is reading "noteproperty" field the same as reading any other fields ? It's the same as any other property: PS > $test="foo" PS > $test.length 3 PS > $test|add-member -type noteproperty -name "my_prop" -value "foo" PS > $test.my_prop foo PS > "IT Staff" <jkklim@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eibTPYFiKHA.2184@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > is reading "noteproperty" field the same as reading any other fields ? > ...

How to read MSR
I need to read our membership card ID when it is swiped through a MSR. Is there anybody having experience in reading MSR? The Register class has a member of MSR. But what does MSR object contain? How could a COM addin retrieve the information that MSR object contains? Any help is greatly appreciated. -- Thanks, -lz MSR object allows you to access an OPOS based MSR. Most MSRs are keyboard emulators - they just act as really really fast typists. If you have an OPOS MSR device - like some Cherry USB keyboards contain, you have to configure them as devices in RMS Manager - Register Pro...

Linked Fields not Updating
I have a Macro attached to the start up of a FE Database. It runs a query that updates a table with one date- That date is linked to all the other tables in the DB. You can't fill out the forms unless that date is filled in. For some reason the tables won't pull in the date. The Macro and query ran. The date was correct in the date table, but blank on the other tables. I added it in by hand but am wonmdering how to fix this problem Thanks in advance I'm unclear what you mean by "that dates is linked to all the other tables in the db." How are you doing the linkin...

To get fomula to display a Zero
I Have a foumula in G35 that takes the sum of 2 other cells(G32).This formula "=SUM(G32,-69.4*113/119)" in G35 generates a number when the sum in the cell G32 is 0, which is probably what I'm telling it to do. But in reality I would like G35 to display a "0" (Doing the formula on my calculator yields -65.9008 which is what excell G35 does.) I have tried using a fix that was supplied to me earlier. Can someone Help please? -- Geo =IF(G32=0,0,SUM(G32,-69.4*113/119) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Geo" <Geo@dis...

Excel 2007
In Excel 2003, when you create a Pivot Chart with a field in the Page Fields area, you can choose an item to filter by, which is then displayed on the chart so that when you print, you know which item has been chosen. However, with the 'advances' made in Excel 2007, the Page Field is now the Report Filter in the Pivot Table Field List so when you print the chart, nowhere does it say what the item is! Surely this is a backward step - unless I'm missing an option somewhere? ...

Displaying temparature data in degrees
How we display temparature information in degrees in an excel spreadsheet? Thanks for helping. "Jijy" <jijy.jacob@agfa.com> wrote in message news:ac7e01c3811d$9e704b60$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How we display temparature information in degrees in an > excel spreadsheet? > > Thanks for helping. Format the cell with a custom format. Make this format a number with as many decimal places as you want followed by the degree symbol. This is 0176 in the standard Arial font. So in the custom format window, you would type 0.0 (if you want one decimal place), then hold down AL...

Great Plains SOP Table Date Fields
I looking for clarification on what DOCDATE and ORDRDATE are in the SOP tables. I believe that DOCDATE is the date the line was entered and that the ORDRDATE is the date that the date that the Order goes into effect. Could anyone clarify this for me? Go to the SDK and look at SOPTRX.RTF. It is the Sales Order Transaction flow by table and field. "Chris Hornung" wrote: > I looking for clarification on what DOCDATE and ORDRDATE are in the SOP > tables. I believe that DOCDATE is the date the line was entered and that the > ORDRDATE is the date that the date that the...

Reading .dmp files?
Hey. I've been getting a bunch of BSODs lately, and I'd like to check out the .dmp files created by it. So, my question is where I can find them? -- Blackknight1239 It depends on the type of dump file. Usually it is minidumps and in c:\windows\minidump Type in a command prompt wmic recoveros get autoreboot,writetosystemlog,debuginfotype,writedebuginfo debuginfotype return no. ----------------------- 0 None 1 Complete memory dump 2 Kernel memory dump 3 Small memory dump -- .. -- "Blackknight1239" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in mess...