Reading a URL

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me how to use VC6 to read the source of a web page into a
string (just as you can in Perl)?

Thanks in advance

Wayne

0
xadsl (2)
3/17/2005 10:54:46 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

This article may help you !!!
http://www.codeproject.com/internet/amhttputils.asp

--

With Regards
Alok Gupta

                           "I Believe this will Help"
"Wayne Power" <w.power@xadsl@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> Can anyone tell me how to use VC6 to read the source of a web page into a
> string (just as you can in Perl)?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Wayne

0
thatsalok1 (226)
3/17/2005 11:18:23 AM
You can use URLDownloadToFile. There is some other code at codeproject
which will let you load it in memory directly.

-------
Ajay Kalra
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

0
ajaykalra (6842)
3/17/2005 2:03:12 PM
Sir,
  Could i ask one question, how to make application which provide resume
download facility..... i mean how what command required for resuming
download

Thanks Sir

--

> You can use URLDownloadToFile. There is some other code at codeproject
> which will let you load it in memory directly.
>
> -------
> Ajay Kalra
> ajaykalra@yahoo.com

0
thatsalok1 (226)
3/17/2005 2:07:05 PM
URLDownloadToFile allows communication during download by use of
IBindStatusCallback. I am not aware of anything which will let you keep
the connection and resume when you want at the point where you left
of(If thats what you are asking).

Michael Dunn's article shows IBindStatusCallback in action:
http://www.codeproject.com/internet/urldownload.asp?select=721306&df=100&forumid=145&exp=0

--------
Ajay Kalra
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

0
ajaykalra (6842)
3/17/2005 2:20:08 PM
- Thanks Alok, Ajay and Anders Molin for all that. I'm working through it
and I've joined the Code Project (which I didn't know about) as well!

Regards,

Wayne