RE: Control

Can some one point me right direction to achive this following.

Need to dispaly a data in a table format. some of the column data may have
to display a image/icon based on a value from the table (1 :- Red color icon,
2:-yellow color icon...)

Once the data is loaded and displayed on the format , able to search
particular row by column index and update the values including the
images(change different image).

I tried with Listview control,

with the report view I am not able to search row and update the columns

with the List vew I am not able to show the image/icon.

do not want to use any third party controls.

Any help appriciated.

0
Murali (5)
5/28/2005 1:37:01 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You should be able to handle it in a listview if you do an owner-draw list control.

An alternative is a grid control. The MS FlexGrid control is available; it is hard to use
and largely undocumented. An alternative I have used years ago and liked very much at the
time is the Stingray grid control. It is fairly complex but comes with good example code
and good documentation. It also comes with source code, which is the usual issue involved
with third-party controls, so if that's your concern, you may want to re-evaluate your
decision.

But I'd suggest trying an owner-draw list control first, if you don't want to look at
third party controls.
					joe
On Fri, 27 May 2005 18:37:01 -0700, Murali <Murali@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Can some one point me right direction to achive this following.
>
>Need to dispaly a data in a table format. some of the column data may have
>to display a image/icon based on a value from the table (1 :- Red color icon,
>2:-yellow color icon...)
>
>Once the data is loaded and displayed on the format , able to search
>particular row by column index and update the values including the
>images(change different image).
>
>I tried with Listview control,
>
>with the report view I am not able to search row and update the columns
>
>with the List vew I am not able to show the image/icon.
>
>do not want to use any third party controls.
>

>Any help appriciated.

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15974)

Re-arranging table using pivot-table?

how to use STATIC control to display temperature in degree (oC)?
I want to use the Static control as a label to display temperature unit in degree (that is oC). How to do that? CString Temp; Temp.Format("%ld%cC",Degrees,0xB0); AliR. "kathy" <yqin_99@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1129056720.751477.33580@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > I want to use the Static control as a label to display temperature unit > in degree (that is oC). How to do that? > ...

Re-install Outlook 2002

Display text with Unicode format (ex: Chinese) on controls written by VC6.0
Hi all, We can write a project with Debug-Unicode mode and display text with Unicode format? Ex: Chinese or Japanese Idea? Thanks. >We can write a project with Debug-Unicode mode and display text with Unicode >format? Ex: Chinese or Japanese With VC6 you can build a debug (or release) Unicode project that when run on a proper Unicode platform (like XP) should be able to display Chinese or Japanese texts (providing the font you're using has the characters). Dave Tittle bar, menu, button can display text with Unicode format when i build a debug Unicode project? We can use fo...

retain items in the list control when application is close
how do i retain items in the list control so that even when i close the application, the items would be availiable in the list control. Dear dspman, You can do this by either writing into a file or write to registry. Cheers Alvin To add to what others have mentioned about writing to the registry (or a file if you'd like) remember to keep the "string" not just the index in case the things in the list change the next time you run the program. You can serialize all of the settings in your program using this method. Tom "dspman" <dspman@dspman.com> wrot...

Custom Controls 04-27-04
I am looking for a set of custom controls that exhibit similar behaivour to existing MSCRM controls. We are going to develop an add-on; it will have a set of pages that will extend the functionality. Any pointers would be appreciated. I seem to remember Gary on this group mentioning he had developed a set of controls. You might want to contact him. "D Bolak" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8BA4CB4C-836F-4AA7-AAAA-C5ADA7C9CAA7@microsoft.com... > I am looking for a set of custom controls that exhibit similar behaivour to existing MSCRM controls. ...

Re-Enable CRM User

Control panel hangs
Vista 32 bit Ultimate Local printers - USB Network printers - SBS2003 R2 When I boot system, shared files access to SBS are OK and internet access through SBS is OK. I just stopped printing. When I launch control panel the green line takes forever to complete in normal and does open in classic. When I open devices and printers, the green line takes forever and when it complete, no printer objects are shown. This just started happening. I did turn off sidebar because that seemed to be corrupt. I manually launch it ( sidebar) and get rotating circle and have to "close th...

RE:Excel will not open from a web link

Assign Form Controls to a Group
I am working with a form that has some client-specific fields. Client X has three bound controls, a,b and c. Client Y has two bound controls, e and f. Right now, I show or hide the controls with an OnCurrent event. If Me.txtClient = "X" Then Me.cboStatus.Visible = True me.lblStatus.Visible = True 'etc. Else Me.cboStatus.Visible = False me.lblStatus.Visible = False 'etc. End If Can I group controls a,b and c? I imagine it would looks something like this: If Me.txtClient = "X" Then ClientX.Visible = True Else ClientX.Visible = False End If Where ClientX rep...

Re: exmerge error

Problem with Active X Control
Sir, I am integrating flash with VC++. I am using Dialog Based App. I inserted this Active X Control. I wanted to show both this Control and Dialog Window in a maximized state. I called ShowWindow(SW_MAXIMIZED) in OnInitDialog. When I execute the App I get the main window in maximized but the control in that is not at all maximized. Pls help. Regards Chintu YKUT wrote: > Sir, > > I am integrating flash with VC++. > > I am using Dialog Based App. > > I inserted this Active X Control. > > I wanted to show both this Control and Dialog Window in a maximized ...

re re re ????
nefertiti ??? ...

Re:

Re-enter payee information
I have been using MS Money to pay bills and frequent annoyance is when I type in the payee, the selection list never shows the payees. I type it in and have to re- enter the account number and everything. Doesn't make sense that i have to keep putting this in. Anyone know what I am doing wrong? I've checked these boards and found help with my passport problem but no entries on this issue. Money has two kinds of Payees. Explicit--those on the explicit list that shows in Accounts & Bills|Categories & Payees|Payees--and implicit--those that are recorded somewhere in a tra...

Re: Where should be the best place to stored Applcation Data Files?
"Giovanni Dicanio" <gdicanio@_NOSPAM_email_DOT_it> ha scritto nel messaggio news:... > BTW: this post by John Robbins is very interesting reading: > http://www.wintellect.com/CS/blogs/jrobbins/default.aspx copy-and-pasto - the correct link is this: http://www.wintellect.com/CS/blogs/jrobbins/archive/2008/07/10/in-defense-of-vista-and-the-challenges-facing-windows-7.aspx Giovanni And then there's this Vista security discussion from last Friday (cool date, 8/8/8): http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/08/08/1155208 -GB On Fri, 8 Aug 2008 18:50:23 +0200, ...

Do you konw HOW TO ADD A ActiveX control developed by MFC in ATL Project
I build a activeX control using MFC, and now, I won't insert it in a ATL project without creating a window for containing the control.I ever did it as a COM, but I only can get the interface point, I can't using interface function defined in the control.Did anybody know how to make the control fine??????????????????????? In your MFC control override IsInvokeAllowed( DISPID) and return TRUE. ----- HongHan wrote: ----- I build a activeX control using MFC, and now, I won't insert it in a ATL project without creating a window for containing the control.I e...

Re: Outlook locks up with a officelifeboathang
"Andy Lay" <58746@gmail.com> wrote in message news:... > Message-ID: <a7b660e6180d48ddae1e1df6c5775272@newspe.com> > X-Mailer: http://www.umailcampaign.com, ip log:72.24.97.26 > Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general > NNTP-Posting-Host: 22.bb.5446.static.theplanet.com 70.84.187.34 > Path: TK2MSFTNGP01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl!newspe.com > Lines: 1 > Xref: TK2MSFTNGP01.phx.gbl microsoft.public.outlook.general:737044 > > Hi Swinglower- > > I have luck as you do :) A Chief Exec machine with this very issue....

Need calculated control to work
Have a subform with fields: first name, last name, phone, expiration date, membership status. Need the calculated control to display the total number of records that appear in the subform. How to I do this? -- jj Answered where you posted the same q. in the Forms group. ...

RE: Apply this critical update from M$
--wmhrdizzoa Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="axyeonzy"; type="multipart/alternative" --axyeonzy Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="innmlsikefhcqjc" --innmlsikefhcqjc Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to continue keep...

Re: Share sub-folder in Inbox
I already grant the permission to right person and add secondary mailbox to the exchange account, in his outlook folder list, he can see the shared mailbox, but only mailbox not the sub-folder, if we share those sub-folders individually, then we can view under shared mailbox, but this shouldn't be the way. we want it sub-folder can be viewed and not be set one by one. any idea? thanks Henry "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote in message news:%237hESO3PFHA.508@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... Either you haven't completed the process of granting permission...

Re: How to delay ToolTip display time in CListCtrl Control
"Smallfrogs" <super_smallfrogs@hotmail.com> д���ʼ� news:... > Thanks > "Ali R." <nospam@nospam.com> д���ʼ� > news:snPYb.436$1V5.123111568@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com... > > ((CListCtrl > > *)GetDlgItem(IDC_MYLIST))->GetToolTips()->SetDelayTime(TTDT_AUTOPOP,5000); > > > > or if you have variable for your list > > m_MyList.GetToolTips()->SetDelayTime(TTDT_AUTOPOP,5000); > > > > that will set how long it stays up after it is displayed. > > > > Change TTDT_AUTOPOP with TTDT_INITIAL to change the...