Re: activation question

Hi Tian,
Thanks for the reply, but nothing new in that information.

I'm trying to make a custom control that has a drop down
window. If I make this window a child of a dialog bar,
it's clipped to the dialog bar. If I make it a child of
the frame, I can draw on it, but I can't get focus and I
can't force it to the top of the z order to get focus
even if I call SetWindowPos with insert after the dialog
bar or using the constant for top. Specifically how can I
make a window that will not be clipped by the dialog bar
it's placed in, and will recieve focus?

0
kermit1 (12)
10/3/2003 7:50:44 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi kermit,

Thanks for yuor post!

Based on my understanding, you want to create a custom control whose
behavior is something like the Address Bar in the IE brower. If that is
right: you can try to make the custom control as a member varible to your
derived CDialogBar class, and create it with proper window style just after
the CDialogBar object has created.

Here has a sample about this topic, but the program use the combo box
instead of custom control:
CTRLBARS Sample: Illustrates Custom Control Bars
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vcsample/ht
ml/_sample_mfc_CTRLBARS.asp

Hope this helps!

Gary Chang
Microsoft Online Partner Support
Get Secure! � www.microsoft.com/security
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,and confers no rights.

--------------------
| From: "guysmiley" <kermit@thefrog.com>
| Sender: "guysmiley" <kermit@thefrog.com>
| Subject: Re: activation question
| Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 12:50:44 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.vc.mfc
|
| Hi Tian,
| Thanks for the reply, but nothing new in that information.
|
| I'm trying to make a custom control that has a drop down
| window. If I make this window a child of a dialog bar,
| it's clipped to the dialog bar. If I make it a child of
| the frame, I can draw on it, but I can't get focus and I
| can't force it to the top of the z order to get focus
| even if I call SetWindowPos with insert after the dialog
| bar or using the constant for top. Specifically how can I
| make a window that will not be clipped by the dialog bar
| it's placed in, and will recieve focus?

0
v-garych (605)
10/6/2003 9:35:17 AM
Hi Gary,

I can get a combo box to work fine, and I've written
custom controlbars. It's the custom control part that's
driving me nuts.

In my frame window, right after the dialog bar is created
I add this. (txtColorPicker is a CWnd derived class.)

txtColorPicker.Create(
                AfxRegisterWndClass(CS_HREDRAW |
CS_VREDRAW | CS_PARENTDC),
		"PALETTEPICKER",
		WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE,
		CRect(474, 5, 474 + PALETTEBTN_SIZE_X, 5
+ PALETTEBTN_SIZE_Y),
		(CWnd*)&m_wndDlgBar,
		IDC_TXTCOLORPICKER);

In the Create for txtColorPicker, right after it's
created I create a button, then I have this to create my
drop down window. (pw is a CWnd derived class.)

		if (!pw.CreateEx(WS_EX_NOPARENTNOTIFY |
WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE,
			AfxRegisterWndClass(CS_HREDRAW |
CS_VREDRAW),
			"PALETTEWINDOW",
			WS_CHILD,
			CRect(0, 0, PALETTEWND_SIZE_X +
w, PALETTEWND_SIZE_Y),
			(CWnd*)this->GetParentFrame(),
			NULL))

When I want to display this window I use
	pw.SetWindowPos(NULL, pt.x, pt.y, 0, 0,
SWP_SHOWWINDOW | SWP_NOSIZE | SWP_NOZORDER);

What I get is a window that displays entirely, but does
not receive focus, and no setting for z order in the
SetWindowPos will allow me to get focus. In spy++, the
only messages it received besides the initial draw were
two successive WM_CHILDACTIVATEs.

If I make this window a child of the dialogbar instead of
the GetParentFrame(), it's clipped to the dialog bar,
when it's supposed to be about 100 pixels square. If I
change the style to WS_POPUP it works like it should,
except activation is given to the popup window, and I
want the activation to stay with the frame just like a
dropdown combobox or menu would do. I can force this by
using my own message loop inside the popup window, but it
seems like there should be a clean way to do it.

0
kermit1 (12)
10/6/2003 11:22:25 AM
Hi kermit,

Thanks for your reply!

Based on your replied message, you should set the drop down window
control's parent handle to its direct container, if its embedded on dialog
bar, then use "&m_wndDlgBar", if embedded on
txtColorPicker, use "&m_wndDlgBar", don't use the Mainframe window:

if (!pw.CreateEx(WS_EX_NOPARENTNOTIFY |
WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE,
   AfxRegisterWndClass(CS_HREDRAW |
CS_VREDRAW),
   "PALETTEWINDOW",
   WS_CHILD|WS_VISIBLE,
   CRect(0, 0, PALETTEWND_SIZE_X +  //use the container's client rect as
base rect
w, PALETTEWND_SIZE_Y),
   (CWnd*)this->GetParentFrame(),  //use &m_wndDlgBar or &m_txtColorPicker
insteadly
   NULL))

If the drop down window control is clipped to the dialog bar, I think the
reason might be that the dialog bar hasn't allocated proper room to contain
the child control(in the Example file
MainFrame.cpp(196):"m_wndStyleBar.SetButtonInfo(0, IDW_COMBO,
TBBS_SEPARATOR, 100)", Can you implement the same operation on your
dialogbar or txtColorPicker), or you don't set the rect configuration
correctly, and it's no need to call the SetWindowPos(...) method.

By the way, yuo had better to use the drop down window control as a child
control instead of  popup window, it looks strange with a popup style
window.

Wish this works!

Gary Chang
Microsoft Online Partner Support
Get Secure! � www.microsoft.com/security
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,and confers no rights.
--------------------
| From: "guysmiley" <kermit@thefrog.com>
| Sender: "guysmiley" <kermit@thefrog.com>
| Subject: Re: activation question
| Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 04:22:25 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.vc.mfc
|
| Hi Gary,
|
| I can get a combo box to work fine, and I've written
| custom controlbars. It's the custom control part that's
| driving me nuts.
|
| In my frame window, right after the dialog bar is created
| I add this. (txtColorPicker is a CWnd derived class.)
|
| txtColorPicker.Create(
|                 AfxRegisterWndClass(CS_HREDRAW |
| CS_VREDRAW | CS_PARENTDC),
| 		"PALETTEPICKER",
| 		WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE,
| 		CRect(474, 5, 474 + PALETTEBTN_SIZE_X, 5
| + PALETTEBTN_SIZE_Y),
| 		(CWnd*)&m_wndDlgBar,
| 		IDC_TXTCOLORPICKER);
|
| In the Create for txtColorPicker, right after it's
| created I create a button, then I have this to create my
| drop down window. (pw is a CWnd derived class.)

| 		if (!pw.CreateEx(WS_EX_NOPARENTNOTIFY |
| WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE,
| 			AfxRegisterWndClass(CS_HREDRAW |
| CS_VREDRAW),
| 			"PALETTEWINDOW",
| 			WS_CHILD,
| 			CRect(0, 0, PALETTEWND_SIZE_X +
| w, PALETTEWND_SIZE_Y),
| 			(CWnd*)this->GetParentFrame(),
| 			NULL))
|
| When I want to display this window I use
| 	pw.SetWindowPos(NULL, pt.x, pt.y, 0, 0,
| SWP_SHOWWINDOW | SWP_NOSIZE | SWP_NOZORDER);
|
| What I get is a window that displays entirely, but does
| not receive focus, and no setting for z order in the
| SetWindowPos will allow me to get focus. In spy++, the
| only messages it received besides the initial draw were
| two successive WM_CHILDACTIVATEs.
|
| If I make this window a child of the dialogbar instead of
| the GetParentFrame(), it's clipped to the dialog bar,
| when it's supposed to be about 100 pixels square. If I
| change the style to WS_POPUP it works like it should,
| except activation is given to the popup window, and I
| want the activation to stay with the frame just like a
| dropdown combobox or menu would do. I can force this by
| using my own message loop inside the popup window, but it
| seems like there should be a clean way to do it.

| >|
| >| Hi Tian,
| >| Thanks for the reply, but nothing new in that
| information.
| >|
| >| I'm trying to make a custom control that has a drop
| down
| >| window. If I make this window a child of a dialog bar,
| >| it's clipped to the dialog bar. If I make it a child
| of
| >| the frame, I can draw on it, but I can't get focus and
| >| can't force it to the top of the z order to get focus
| >| even if I call SetWindowPos with insert after the
| dialog
| >| bar or using the constant for top. Specifically how
| can I
| >| make a window that will not be clipped by the dialog
| bar
| >| it's placed in, and will recieve focus?
| >|
| >|

| >.

0
v-garych (605)

Track activities by relationship role
Here's a curly question - is it possible to track activities based on the other persons relationship role with an opportunity? I know that doesn't really make sense, so I'll give an example: The opportunity involves doing work at company A. However, since it's such a big job and we can't do everything, we are offering services via two companies (company B and company C) which are both tendering for the project at company A. It would screw up our pipeline forecasts if we entered this as two opportunities, as winning work with company B or company C is mutually exclusive, s...

Re-arranging table using pivot-table?

Simple question : IMAP detetion
Hi, Is it possible to configure outlook to *delete* messages arrived via IMAP, but not to *mark for deletion* Thank you -- Regards, Tamir Khason Especially those days you need a flexible IT service provider that can meet your needs through a broad set of offerings. TCON - A technology company that understands your business. www.tcon.co.il The e-mails never "arrived". They are still back on the IMAP server. When you do a mail poll, you just get the headers. The e-mail is still back on the IMAP server. When you download the e-mail, you get a *copy* of the e-mail. The e-mail is...

Solution for: Windows XP (NL): Windows Activation Problem + Windows Automatic Update Problem = Very Slow Computer.
I think I have found a solution on the internet, I will sum it up shortly because the description wasn't that accurate, my description will be more accurate with additional information about what I think might have happened, but first a little story what I wanted to do today: Today I wanted to try and install Service Pack 3 for Windows XP dutch version (NL). This was not possible because Windows Automatic Updates was required by the Microsoft website to be able to download it and windows automatic updates is malfunctioning, so that became a short attempt. Then I decided to ...

Question on CDialog and OnInitDialog
Hi, I have a question on CDialog. Upon calling DoModal() on a dialog, I need to connect to a server and retrieve some info, this could take a few seconds. Currently, I do this in OnInitDialog method of my dialog. The drawback is if it takes 5 seconds to finish the task, the dialog will not be shown for 5 seconds until it returns from OnInitDialog. Is there any other CDialog method that I can override, so I can display my dialog first, and then perform my data retrieval task later? Thanks. Either post yourself a message in OnInitDialog and do your connecting in the message handl...

Re-install Outlook 2002

A question about thread,please help me
My program environment is .net2005.The partial code is shown as below: void CfinalView::OnRButtonDblClk(UINT nFlags, CPoint point) { CRect rc; GetClientRect(&rc); if(point.x>rc.left&&point.x<(rc.right/2)&&point.y>rc.top&&point.y<rc.bottom) { //AfxBeginThread(RUNTIME_CLASS(CDetailPlot)); } if(point.x>(rc.right/2)&&point.x<rc.right&&point.y>rc.top&&point.y<(rc.bottom/2)) { //AfxMessageBox(_T("haha")); AfxBeginThread(RUNTIME_C...

Adventure Works licenses question
Hi all, My company is using the Adventure Works Cycle MSDN license for testing purpose. We also bought the full Suite Pro license with about 25 users to be put on the prod environment. My question is: is it possible to extend the number of users (from the initial 15) in the Adventure Works Cycle test platform? Thanks Eric Only if your actual company name happens to be Adventure Works Cycle The key is specific to the exact company name, capitalisation included "Eric" <NOSPAMerich742001@yahoo.fr> wrote in message news:OjjGD0LTFHA.2520@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > H...

Re-Enable CRM User

Graphing Question #4
Greetings! I am trying to graph a set of data in 'XY (Scatter)' and am running into a problem I've never seen before. There are only seven values for 'X' - numbers 0 through 6. 'Y' is a set of percentages ranging from '0.00%' to '13.00%' I have about 7,000 of these pairs. When I graph this, I am not of seeing the six discreet bands of percentages that I would expect. For some reason, instead of graphing the 'X' value, it is graphing the order that the 'Y' value comes in the list. Instead of graphing: RATING INCREASE 4 ...

Userform question
How do you select an item on a user form? This is incorrect - txbFaceAmt.Select But it would be great if this worked. Try Me.txbfaceamt.SetFocus Brad wrote: > > How do you select an item on a user form? > > This is incorrect - txbFaceAmt.Select > > But it would be great if this worked. -- Dave Peterson Unfortunately that didn't work - when I put in me.facecheck.setfocus - it gave an error facecheck.setfocus - didn't do anything. Code Sub txbFaceAmt_Exit(ByVal Cancel As MSForms.ReturnBoolean) Call FaceLimitCheck(txbFac...

RE:Excel will not open from a web link

Questions on Bar Chart
Hello all, I have 2 sheets, "Data Sheet" and "Chart Sheet". Data Sheet contains data to create a bar chart in the Chart Sheet, including the data for bar chart title. I have no problem creating the bar chart using the data in the Data Sheet. I am just wondering whether I can make the chart title dynamic, which means whenever the value for chart title in the Data Sheet changes, the chart title will change. In addition, I want to insert an area on the bar chart for the Source information. I also want the source information dynamic from the value from the Data S...

Visor PDA Questions
I currently use Microsoft Outlook 2000 that I sync with my Visor (application v. 3.5H). Lately when I am done syncing, it does not ask me to "re-set Handheld bases" like it had in the past. Can anyone tell me how to get my Visor to "re-set Handheld bases" without re-setting the entire Visor (and losing all programs) and any disadvantages to going back to the way I had it before? Thanks. Kim You might want to post this to a Visor support group. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest vi...

Problem with Active X Control
Sir, I am integrating flash with VC++. I am using Dialog Based App. I inserted this Active X Control. I wanted to show both this Control and Dialog Window in a maximized state. I called ShowWindow(SW_MAXIMIZED) in OnInitDialog. When I execute the App I get the main window in maximized but the control in that is not at all maximized. Pls help. Regards Chintu YKUT wrote: > Sir, > > I am integrating flash with VC++. > > I am using Dialog Based App. > > I inserted this Active X Control. > > I wanted to show both this Control and Dialog Window in a maximized ...

CAsyncSocket Question ???
I am developing a live streaming application. Clients connect to the server and server streams data (audio/video) to clients. There could be various clients and i need to stream data in real time. Thus I need to develop a multi-threding application. Now the questions are coming :) I am usinging CAsynsSocket. Main thread would have server socket listening to some port. Every time it accepts a new socket i would create a thread and assign the client connected socket to the created socket. My questions are: 1) Is there any better way of implementation. 2) Which thread will recieve the callbacks ...

rule cannot be activated
i have a problem with one user and their rule everyone has a rule setup in outlook that will move any messages starting with spam: (subject modified by spam filter) to their junk mail folder. all but one user is working. this one user has a rule set, exactly like the others, but can't be activated. outlook says it can't be uploaded to exchange server either because the parameters are not supported or not enough space. this is the only rule and it is called spam so it isn't an issue with too many rules or the name of the rule being too long. the methods in article 886616 ...

Re: exmerge error

Sumif and zero values question
I have a long list of product codes. Against each code is a number obtained from a sumif calculation from another long list of the same codes. A large number of these sumif results are zero. Is there a way of automatically hiding the zero lines such that if one became greater than zero it would automatically appear in the list? In other words I would like to be able to automatically only list those product codes where the sumif result was greater than zero. (Hope that's clear!) Thanks "Gordon" <GordonBP1@yahoo.invalid> wrote in message news:elseLfUeEHA.596@TK2MSFTNGP1...

followup to my question
I just ran the debugger and did a CWnd* wnd = GetOwner(); It showed me that the dialog is the owner of the toolbar. So why is the dialog box not getting the message? How can i confirm whether or not it is getting the message or than sitting in the message handler for the ON_NOTIFY and running to cursor? >How can i confirm whether or not it is getting the message Use Spy++. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq ...

Surprisingly dumb DLL question...
If I want to use LoadLibrary to load a DLL at an arbitrary point during execution, can I get a hold of my DLL's global app object, or can you only (when explicitly linking) get addresses of functions? Or, can you get the address of the DLL global app object's methods (hairy, but you never know...)? WTH A dll can be loaded any time. In fact delayed loading is one of the powerful features that is not utillized enough. Once a dll is loaded, you can access any of its exported functions/data. If you want access to app object, you will need to export it. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC+...

email assigned activity owner
is there a way to email when an activity is assigned to another user? This would be a great feature so users know to look to crm. If someone has a solution, I would be interested in buying it. ...