Random

How to get random numbers random(0xff) ?
0
yousefk (7)
11/11/2003 12:07:13 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

int RandomNumber = (rand() * 0xff) / RAND_MAX;

--
Bjarne Nielsen

"]GHO[" <yousefk@taux01.nsc.com> skrev i en meddelelse
> How to get random numbers random(0xff) ?

rnd()%0x100;

or

rnd() & 0xff;

Ruben

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 04:07:13 -0800, "]GHO[" <yousefk@taux01.nsc.com> wrote:

>How to get random numbers random(0xff) ?

0
ruben1 (50)

Random
How to get random numbers random(0xff) ? int RandomNumber = (rand() * 0xff) / RAND_MAX; -- Bjarne Nielsen "]GHO[" <yousefk@taux01.nsc.com> skrev i en meddelelse news:0b6a01c3a84c$5733a890$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How to get random numbers random(0xff) ? rnd()%0x100; or rnd() & 0xff; Ruben On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 04:07:13 -0800, "]GHO[" <yousefk@taux01.nsc.com> wrote: >How to get random numbers random(0xff) ? ...

Random Numbers not Random
When I create random numbers for an application with the following code, they do not appear to be truely random. Me.RandomNumber = Int(9 * Rnd + 1) ' Random Number 1-9 If I have two users setting side by side, they frequently get the same results when they start up Am I missing somthing? Any help would be appreciated -- Frank Wagner fwagner111@aol.com Frank, Have you tried a Randomize statement just before the RND? That should do it. -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft Access MVP http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html "Find a job tha...

Exchange server randomly asking random users to Authenticate randomly...
Has anyone had a problem like this where a user is in their Exchange mailbox using Outlook 2003 and the server prompts them for their credentials? If they hit cancel and exit out of Outlook and run it again it lets them into their mailbox. Thank you, Benjamin Pls make sure the outlook 2003 Client does not using Cache mode If is ,pls clearn this option -- Jammy "Benjamin Chan" <bchan[pleasenospam]@controlproductsinc.com> ���g��l��s�D :#BxdizrtEHA.3972@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Has anyone had a problem like this where a user is in their Exchange mailbox > using Outlo...

Generating Correlated Random Values in Excel
Hi Mike, Thanks so much for your advice. I think that I have it figured out, but can you confirm this for me? I can't afford to screw this up. If mean(inflation) = .031 stdev(inflation) = .047 mean(stock return) = .106 stdev(stock return) = .204 Column Headers: A B C D 1 Z1 Z2 Inflation Stock Return Data Generation Formulas A2 =NORMINV(RAND(),0,1) B2 =NORMINV(RAND(),0,1) C2 =0.031+0.047*A2 D2 =0.106+0.204*(A2*rho+B2*(1-rho^2)^0.5) Are these formulas correct to generate the random data? Particularly cell D2. Does this give me a complete value that t...

random pages
I have developed pages that randomly define a set of normal lung function data based on gender, age and height. I have applied formulas to this data simulate 5 classic lung function abnormalities (normal, restrictive, obstructive, mixed and early obstructive.) Currently the sheets that define the abnormal are named by one of the above lung abnormalities. I would like to present data from random pages in a work book to students and rather than have the pages named by the abnormality be named a simulated patient name. My questions. Can I have the name of a sheet set to equal data from to ...

Random Distribution
I need to randomly order numbers from a list or range of consecutive whole numbers, such that each number is listed only once. Can this be done in excel using functions, formulas or whatever? I want to incorporate it into a spreadsheet with a macro to automatically generate the list and use it to randomly designate selected entries. "Rick via OfficeKB.com" wrote: > I need to randomly order numbers from a list or range of consecutive whole > numbers, such that each number is listed only once. Can this be done in > excel using functions, formulas or whatever? I want to...

How to Retrieve Random Records through webservice method
Hi All, I'm writing an application that retrieve records from CRM 3.0 automatically using the web service. My question is, is there any way we can retrieve records randomly by using any webservice method? Like we can use RAND() or NEWID() to achieve this in SQL. Please help me if you have any idea about it. My sample method code is given below: CrmService service = new CrmService(); RetrieveMultipleRequest request2 = new RetrieveMultipleRequest(); // Create the ConditionExpression object. ConditionExpression condition = new ConditionExpression...

Random numbers
How exactly do i generate random numbers in VC++.Is the a function similar to random() in C++.Thanks in advance Fenn On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 22:42:52 -0800, "Fenn" <fenn_j@yahoo.com> wrote: >How exactly do i generate random numbers in VC++.Is the a function similar >to random() in C++.Thanks in advance > VC++i is C++. Besides, there is no random() in C++. I think you mean rand(). And besides, that is a C function imported into C++. In any event, generate random numbers in Visual C++ using MFC exactly the same way you would in any C++ (or C) program. .. yeah, b...

Random Number not so random
I am trying to create a random Job number when my form loads using the onLoad event to process this: Me.Textfield = Format(Date, "mmddyyyy") & "" & Int((99 - 1 + 1) * Rnd() + 1) Which will create a job number like 08212007** with the last two numbers being "random". The numbers are created fine, but ALWAYS the same numbers are generated on the initial load and subsequent loads of the form as follows: 0821200770 0821200753 0821200758 0821200729 0821200730 and so on. I guess it really isn't a random number function in it's truest sense. ...

Create random file
Hi, I wish create a large random file (for testing copy in powershell between servers on WAN) i'm using a get-random function but it's very slow. A file can have a size of 1-5 Gb Do you have ideas for accelerate this program? Thanks and happy new year. My tiny program function GenChaine([int]$n) # G�n�ration d'une chaine al�atoire de n caract�res { $caracteres = "a|z|e|r|t|y|u|i|o|p|q|s|d|f|g|h|j|k|l|m|w|x|c|v|b|n" $caracteres += "A|Z|E|R|T|Y|U|I|O|P|Q|S|D|F|G|H|J|K|L|M|W|X|C|V|B|N" $caracteres += "0|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9&...

Seemingly random .tmp files
Seemingly random temp files are appearing in a directory where I maintain three excel files that are accessed by multiple users. I have three excel files stored in a single directory on my company's network. The files are accessed by Store Managers through our VPN via Citrix. I update these files in the mornings, and Store Mgrs add their comments throughout the day to sections relevant to their particular store. For the past three weeks, when I access the directory to update the files, there are up to 100 files that look like .tmp files. However, there are no endings on the file...

Random assignments
I am attempting to set up a staff rotation. Lets say I have anywhere from 3 - 8 stations. I would like to randomly assign a name to a station on a daily basis to assure faireness. Example: Monday Bill = 1 Jane = 2 Sue = 3 John = 4 Tuesday Jane = 1 Sue = 2 John = 3 Any advise is most appreciated ...

New Tabs open Randomly
I am running XP Home (SP3) In the last few days I have had new tabs open randomly under my open tab. Can anyone tell me why this is happening and how to prevent it? Thank you. ...

Word Launches Randomly???
What could cause Word to launch randomly? There is not a shortcut key set up in the Properties for the icon. I have a suspicion a key stroke of some sort may be causing it. Thanks for any ideas!! ...

random sample
I have a list of 1500 people and I want to get a random sample of 300 people out of the 1500. Does excel have a formula to do this? Hi Alongside your entries, type =RAND() and fill down. You can then sort on this random number to randomise your list. -- Andy. "wagergirl" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3FF85E48-966B-4263-8864-8604B9A85FBB@microsoft.com... > I have a list of 1500 people and I want to get a random sample of 300 people out of the 1500. > Does excel have a formula to do this? Please refrain from multiposting! -- Regard...

Paypal Randomizer ! Get random 4$ transactions into your account!
Paypal Randomizer ! Get random 4$ transactions into your account! http://www.instantcashier.com/promo.php?from=business_mmah ----== Posted via Newsfeed.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups ---= 19 East/West-Coast Specialized Servers - Total Privacy via Encryption =--- ...

Random Exchange mail not being received/delivered to extenal compa
Over the past few weeks I've had quite a few staff members compain that certain emails are not be recieved or deleivered into there mailboxes to/from external companies. What steps should I take to troublshoot this major problem? Turn on some sort of logging? Test connections? (how??) Version: Exchange 2003 Thanks Rex Rex <Rex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Over the past few weeks I've had quite a few staff members compain that >certain emails are not be recieved or deleivered into there mailboxes to/from >external companies. > >What steps should I ta...

why does Random: Rnd() not work for random sort?
Hi I'm trying to generate some random numbers in a query in order to allow a random sort of the query using a calculated field called Random: Rnd(). Problem is, the exact same random number is generated for every record in the query thus negating any ability to create a random sort. I've also tried Random: Rnd(-1) Random: Rnd(0) and Random: Rnd(1) as well as other integers with the same result. I'm using Access 2007. Any help/thoughts? thanks, craig On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 22:35:19 -0600, "Craig" <msaccess@howardhowardfine.com> wrote: >Hi >...

random split dataset
For modelling purposes I have a list with records of plant species. I need of each species randomly 50% to run in my modelling software and the other 50% I use for testing. Any suggestions on how to split this dataset? Regards, Niels Add two helper columns (Say A and B). Put 1 in A1 and 2 in A2. select A1:A2 and drag down. (you can use this to resort to the original order). Put: =rand() in B1 and drag down. Sort your data by column B and take the top 50%. Sort by column A to return to the original order. Delete/hide columns A:B when you're done. "news.leidenuniv.nl"...

Random?
Hi I need to take numbers from a list (the list is R1:R20) and use them randomly to fill cells C2:H65535 on 15 sheets , BUT no row can have nore than 2 of the same number, I don't know if it'll be possible, but it's a lot of cells to fill be hand! Maybe a macro? Thanks again! Steven Copy and Paste Special|Values from R1:R20 twice into a column (say AR1:AR40) and put =RAND() in the adjacent column (say AS1:AS40). The macro should then sort both columns (AR1:AS40) by the second column (AS1:AS40) and Copy/Paste Special|Transpose the first 6 values (AR1:AR6) into the next row....

Random Items Caught in the SMTP Queue
Hi Over the past few days a the odd couple of emails are caught in teh SMTP Queue. I have checked the below: They are not infected with viruses. All filtering has been disabled. IMF has been disabled. Groupshield has been disabled. On access virus scanning has been disabled (the queue folder is also excluded) I have restarted the virtual server. The internet connection is fine and i have temporarily disabled ISA firewall to check that this isnt causing the problem. Other outbound emails queue for longer than usual but are sent after a few seconds. We are running exchange 2003. Any advice ...

Randomizing
Hello All! I have been using a sort on a helper column of random numbers [generated by RAND() ] to randomize a data set but I notice that the column of random numbers changes when I do the sort. Can any expert tell me if the sort or the recalculation occurs first? -- James Silverton Potomac, Maryland Email, with obvious alterations: not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not The sort comes first. You can see this by using a small list of data. For example, in A1:A4 enter 1, 2, 3, and 4, and in B1:B4 enter =RAND(). Next, copy the values in B1:B4 to D1:D4. Copy/paste as val...

random number
How to generate integer random numbers (between 0 and 99) "mosfet" <tricubes@wanadoo.fr> wrote: >How to generate integer random numbers (between 0 and 99) Look up rand() and srand(). You call srand() once to initialize the generator, then each call to rand() returns a random integer between 0 and RAND_MAX. You could mod that result by 100 to get what you want. -- Tim Slattery MS MVP(DTS) Slattery_T@bls.gov "mosfet" <tricubes@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message news:bu6gnj$mcb$1@news-reader3.wanadoo.fr... > How to generate integer random numbers (between ...

Removing random extra spaces
I have a column for comments there are 900 rows (A1:A900) this data is being imported from another source and some users have extra spaces that I want to remove and place in (B1:B900)...I also want to format it so that it is converted from all caps to all lowercase. For example: A1 reads "INT IN A FREE QUOTE ON 50000 CASH FOR DEBT CONSOLIDATION" B2 reads "int in a free quote on 50000 cash for debt consolidation" -- jermsalerms ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jermsalerms's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/mem...

how do I create a random list whilst keeping some entries from randomizing?
I need to create a large number of randomly sorted lists from a single master list (random team order per event based on a list of teams entered for all events). Some of the entries must remain in the same order in each list, but the remaining entries must be shuffled. ie. Teams are A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, J, K and L . CD and HJK must always appear in the same order. Therefore B.CD.ME.HJK.FAGL, AF.HJK.GMLEB.CD, HJK.FL.CD.EBAGM etc are all valid solutions. I can create a fully random list easily, but can't find an easy way to keep the important entries in the same order. Cheer...