Put app and icon in task bar?

I have an MFC application that I want to be able to
put in the task bar as a small icon and have it pop
up the dialog when selected from the task bar.
This app is intended to be run from the start up menu
and be minimized in the task bar along with all the other
start items...

Pointers on how to please...

0
GoAway (21)
2/13/2005 7:49:15 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

By default app goes on the task bar. Do you mean system tray (that by
default appears on the bottom right of the screen)?

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

"ShipHead" <GoAway@SpamBoy.com> wrote in message
> I have an MFC application that I want to be able to
> put in the task bar as a small icon and have it pop
> up the dialog when selected from the task bar.
> This app is intended to be run from the start up menu
> and be minimized in the task bar along with all the other
> start items...
>
> Pointers on how to please...

0
ajaykalra (6841)
> By default app goes on the task bar. Do you mean system tray (that by
> default appears on the bottom right of the screen)?

Yes.. My appologies.. I meant the system tray.

> --
> Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
> ajaykalra@yahoo.com
>

> "ShipHead" <GoAway@SpamBoy.com> wrote in message
> > I have an MFC application that I want to be able to
> > put in the task bar as a small icon and have it pop
> > up the dialog when selected from the task bar.
> > This app is intended to be run from the start up menu
> > and be minimized in the task bar along with all the other
> > start items...
> >
> > Pointers on how to please...

0
GoAway (21)
2/13/2005 8:30:43 PM
There are examples of system tray at codeguru/codeproject. That should help
you in what you want.

--

> "Ajay Kalra" <ajaykalra@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > By default app goes on the task bar. Do you mean system tray (that by
> > default appears on the bottom right of the screen)?
> >
> Yes.. My appologies.. I meant the system tray.
>

> > --
> > Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
> > ajaykalra@yahoo.com
> >

> > "ShipHead" <GoAway@SpamBoy.com> wrote in message
> > > I have an MFC application that I want to be able to
> > > put in the task bar as a small icon and have it pop
> > > up the dialog when selected from the task bar.
> > > This app is intended to be run from the start up menu
> > > and be minimized in the task bar along with all the other
> > > start items...
> > >
> > > Pointers on how to please...

0
ajaykalra (6841)

Sample app at http://www.microsoft.com/msj/archive/sdbe.aspx

--
Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

0
Scott
2/13/2005 11:16:08 PM
On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 12:49:15 -0700, ShipHead wrote:

>I have an MFC application that I want to be able to
>put in the task bar as a small icon and have it pop
>up the dialog when selected from the task bar.

Tray icon stuff:

http://bobmoore.mvps.org/Win32/framed_tip001.htm

Invisible dialog stuff (also needed)

http://bobmoore.mvps.org/Win32/framed_tip026.htm

--
Bob Moore
http://bobmoore.mvps.org/

PUTTING NUMBERS IN A CELL
I AM TRYING TO ENTER A NUMBER THAT BEGINS WITH ZERO'S AFTER I ENTER IT THE ZERO'S DISAPPEAR, HOW DO I KEEP THEM IN Please turn off the CAPS Lock, more than two lines would be extremely difficult to read. Reading caps is annoying. Format the column as text, if the leading zero is important to you then it is an identification not a number. The default alignment for text is left aligned which is also better for most identification "numbers". Credit card numbers are 16 digits, are identification and can not be entered as numbers, ever, because Excel only retains 15 si...

In a chart how do I make the bars bigger?
How can I change the size of bars in a chart??? Click once on the bars. Right-click on your mouse. Choose Selected Object from the menu. In the Format Data Series dialog box, go to the Options tab. You can adjust the width of the bars via the Gap Width input. ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "doxylady" wrote: > How can I change the size of bars in a chart??? I had this problem myself today. I found that the gap and width sizing weren't changing to width of the bars in my graph. It seems to have something to do with using a date as the Categor...

Can you put white space outside a textbox?
When I put pictures in my publisher file, sometimes I want captions for the pictures. So I make a tiny textbox that I put under the picture, and type in a caption into that textbox. The problem is that I can make the picture have some space to left and right of it so that text doesn't crowd into the picture, but I can't do that with the textbox containing the caption. Is there any way to prevent outside text from crowding the borders of a textbox? You can move that textbox wherever you need. You don't need to leave space inside when you can steer clear of the textbox itself. ...

My home key isn't working in Office 7 apps.
New computer: Windows 7: in Word & Excel 2007 the home key and end key are taking me to the beginning and end of individual lines, but not to the start and end of the document as in XP and Office 2003. Control home and end go to the top of the next or previous page. Home key functions properly in browser. Help! I need these keys to work. Thanks! Hi FSS, The Home and End keys (on their own) are working as they should - Ctrl-Home and Ctrl-End should provide navigation to either end of the file. XP & Office 2003 was the same. -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - ...

Word top menu script icon lingering onscreen after quitting

The icons in attachment files change
I've got Outlook 2000 - When attaching a file to an email, for example, an Excel file, the icon for the file changes to one completely off base - like a solitaire icon, or something else bizarre. Recipients even see the incorrect icon and are skeptical of opening the file - even though the file extension is still correct. This problem occurs intermittently, on all file types at that particular time. This just doesn't look so good on those critical business related emails... Any help greatly appreciated! Thanks! KT ...

start app without setting focus
Hi, i want to start my app (modless dialog) and I do not want, that my application gets the focus. How can I realize that? I tried such tings like GetForeGroundWindow()->SetFocus, but nothing worked. Everytime my app has the focus (wether running hidden with tray icon or showed). Does anybody has some ideas how I can do that? thanks a lot, Holger -- www.kreissl.info In CDialog::OnInitDialog() return FALSE instead of TRUE -- With Regards Alok Gupta Visit me at http://alok.bizhat.com "I Believe this will Help" "Holger Krei�l" <n...

Business Portal 3
We have an issue with business portal where the response is really slow. A look in Event Viewer on the server shows the app domain is continually getting recycled. It also sometimes shows thread exceptions prior to recycling. Is there some log that would show what process caused the failure or anyone have any suggestions. Mystified, Thanks for using the newsgroups. I have a few questions regarding your issue. 1. Have you checked the settings on your app pool identity? How often the app pool recycles is set there. 2. Is the app pool for your BP site running multiple sites? ...

Where to put SQL statements in VC++ Application
I am wondering if putting all my SQL statements in the string table is a good idea. Is there a better place to store these statements?? Thanks in advance for any responses. Dominic Inline in the code, they arnt particually helpful to put in the string table. -- - Mark Randall http://zetech.swehli.com "Those people that think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do" Isaac Asimov <dominicgualtieri@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1129050897.519688.176820@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I am wondering if putting all my SQL statements in...

schedule a task to run a report
I need to use the Windows task scheduler to run a report, I can see how to do this if the access file is closed. What if the file is currently open ? regards Trevor -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-gettingstarted/200911/1 Hi Trevor, use a different database for the scheduler task ... link to all your tables, put your report in there and anything else it needs create an AutoExec macro that opens the report (which will automatically print unless you specify otherwise) and then exits Access Warm Regards, ...

Excel Icons
Hi, All of my Excel files do not have the Excel icon any more, that is to say if I look in a folder, say My Documents, thee files are all there and work fine, but do not show the familiar green Excel icon, they show the icon for an application. I don't know how or why this has happened, does anyone have any ideas as to restore the status quo? Thanks, Alan. This is a Windows setting. Looks like the application has "stolen" th .xls file suffix. Open Windows File Explorer. Menu - View/Options/File Types and look fo Microsoft Excel WorkSheet (or Extension : XLS) and Edit...

How could I know how many memory used by my app?
I know I can get system memory status by using GlobalMemoryState,but how can I know memory size my app used? Thanks in advance. Are you looking for the GetProcessMemoryInfo() API ? -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Daniel" <yilu@21cn.com> wrote in message news:34oivvs7h2ahch0l4b4t5f6uet5thir2di@4ax.com... > I know I can get system memory status by using GlobalMemoryState,but > how can I know memory size my app used? > > Thanks in advance. Always remembering that interpretation of those numbers can be tricky. And they ...

Get icon to show only in specific view
Is there a way in OL2003 to put an icon on the icon bar in one view (tasks) and not have it show in another view (contacts)? I would like to do this both for some of the built in icons and also for several macros that I have created that only apply to a specific view. I was able to do this in a much older version of OL. Thanks ...

Calendar and tasks reminders in the systray?
hi! Is it possible to set the calendar and tasks reminders not to pop up in the reminders window, but as Outlook systray alerts? -g No, not currently, however, you can check on slipstick to see if there is a third party utility that can do this for you. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, grendi asked: | hi! | | Is it possible to set the calendar and tasks reminders not to pop u...

Task
Hello, Earlier, I posted a question about the Task Scheduler. I received some helpful suggestions, and I was able to successfully "Add" a new task. However, I noticed, depending on the log on information, that I enter (in CMyFormView), determines which capablities are visible. In other words, if I log on with "Domain name\User Name" the "Added" tasks performs all of the tasks. But, if I log on with "Computer name\User name" the pop-up window, that the program runs, does not display. The pop-up window is only displayed, when I log on with t...

Put app and icon in task bar?
I have an MFC application that I want to be able to put in the task bar as a small icon and have it pop up the dialog when selected from the task bar. This app is intended to be run from the start up menu and be minimized in the task bar along with all the other start items... Pointers on how to please... By default app goes on the task bar. Do you mean system tray (that by default appears on the bottom right of the screen)? -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "ShipHead" <GoAway@SpamBoy.com> wrote in message news:#g1K8UgEFHA.2700@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > I...

Icons Shown for Attachments
I have written an icon shell extension for AXS files (bespoke format file) which is working fine through windows explorer but when the .AXS file is attached to a message in outlook 2003. The problem is down to the filename I am being passed by outlook which is always set to C:\WINDOWS\filename.AXS Even worse, outlook express 6 passes me C:\WINDOWS\.AXS This cannot be the correct location for any temporary file created by outlook as a user may not have permission to write to C:\WINDOWS. Has anybody seen this problem before? Any ideas on how to fix it? ...

2004 SP2 on G4 OS-free apps partition: What do I migrate G4->NEW G5! from 10.4.2/Library?
IMPORTANT BACKGROUND TO QUESTION Office 2004 SP works great on my 2001 QuickSilver G4 where the Office applications folder resides in an OS-free, non-Apple applications partition. I'm about to set up a brand new G5 with the same structure. I will use the Setup Assistant to migrate via FireWire cable from my old G4. It will bring over my Users folder. And I will transport the partition in which Office 2004 resides. (My MUD folder resides on an OS-free data partition with MUD aliased to the OS 10.4.2 Users/~/Documents folder) In my Spotlight searches when I tried several keywords, a...

outlook ka-put
After I installed the service pack updates for Microsoft XP, my Outlook has been uable to send or receive any email. I have gotten a few error messages: "unable to connect to network," "server found but did not respond." etc. What the heck do I do? ...

Using an external USB drive to run apps from?
Is this going to be too slow? Compared to say an internal IDE (PATA) or SATA drive? "BertieBigBollox@gmail.com" <bertiebigbollox@gmail.com> wrote in message news:0ffa8ca9-9c8f-40ab-a4c2-8a52a8e12b69@o8g2000yqo.googlegroups.com... > Is this going to be too slow? > > Compared to say an internal IDE (PATA) or SATA drive? == I think you know what the answer is already. == "BertieBigBollox@gmail.com" wrote: > Is this going to be too slow? > > Compared to say an internal IDE (PATA) or SATA drive? > . > Depends on w...

Calculate and display individual error bars for individual points
Generally error bars (standard deviations) vary point-by-point in a graph depending on the distribution of individual values for each point. Excel can calculate these separate standard deviations, but there appears to be no way to display them in a graph. Has anyone found a way around this? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-...

Icons gone black again!
My 3rd question following my upgrade to VS2005 from VS2002: Any idea why all the icons that I load in my CImageLists have black backgrounds when using a 32bit desktop. Details: We have recently moved to using 32bit, alpha channel, XP icons and we hit a number of problems along the way. After a lot of juggling and investigating, my CImageList are created like this: int nColorDepth = CWindowDC(this).GetDeviceCaps(BITSPIXEL); m_ImageList.Create(16, 16, nColorDepth > 16 ? ILC_COLOR32 : ILC_COLOR24|ILC_MASK, 1, 1); This worked perfectly when compiled in VS2002. Icons were loaded correc...

Where to put error handler code for "No current record" error?
Hello, to brighten the essence of my current problem I woud like to describe the situation from scratch. I use Acess 2007. I have two tables 'tblOrders' and 'tblOrderDetails' linked as ODBC tables from MS SQL 2000 Server. Both tables have primary keys: 'tblOrders' has 'orderId' primary key and 'tblOrderDetails' has a pair 'orderId' and 'itemId' as primary key. On server there is also a foreign key constraint defined on key 'orderId' between both tables. In access I have a main form 'frmOrders' bounded to 'tblOr...

Missing category on menu bar
The menu item "View," which was between "File' and "Edit" is no longer visible. How can I get it back on my menu bar? Thank you You could try this: Tools|Customize|Toolbars Tab select "Worksheet menu bar" click reset this will toss any customizations you've made to that toolbar, though. Stewart Marshall Lindh wrote: > > The menu item "View," which was between "File' and "Edit" is no longer > visible. How can I get it back on my menu bar? > > Thank you -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

How do I put it back?
In Microsoft money 2003. Used to: When I put on my paycheck I would have a window pop up with seperate catagories, "taxes", "healthcare", ect. there were four of them. Now when I put them in I just get one "spit catagories" window. I don't know how I changed it or how to change it back. I can't even find any support that can/ will help me. If anyone knows Please let me know. I will be greatly indeted to you. thank You. Derek "Derek" <Derek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9D38C7E-D837-4376-99D3-79C760EC4F85@mic...