Property Sheet Problem

I have a property sheet with three pages. It is old, been around for
many years.

Out of the clear blue sky the second page's OnInitDialog does not get
called when the tab is pressed and the tab disappears. The first and
third tab continue to work properly.

All I did was add a checkbox and bound a bool variable to it. Simple
wizard stuff.

I've traced and checked and some google, but I'm still baffled. Has
anyone seen anything like this?

Note, I had upgraded my app to VC 9.0 from 7.1 just a month ago. But
there was no problem with this tab until tonight that I know of. My wife
has been to that page frequently since the change to take pictures for
the docs. She told me so! :)

Thanks, Dan.

-1
DanB
4/22/2010 2:47:37 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

>I have a property sheet with three pages. It is old, been around for
>many years.
>
>Out of the clear blue sky the second page's OnInitDialog does not get
>called when the tab is pressed and the tab disappears. The first and
>third tab continue to work properly.
>
>All I did was add a checkbox and bound a bool variable to it. Simple
>wizard stuff.

Dan,

If you remove that - does it then work correctly again?

Dave
0
David
4/22/2010 8:46:01 AM
On Apr 22, 4:47=A0am, DanB <a...@some.net> wrote:
> I have a property sheet with three pages. It is old, been around for
> many years.
>
> Out of the clear blue sky the second page's OnInitDialog does not get
> called when the tab is pressed and the tab disappears. The first and
> third tab continue to work properly.
>
> All I did was add a checkbox and bound a bool variable to it. Simple
> wizard stuff.

Could it be that dialog control's ID in DDX_Whatever isn't the one you
have in resource.h?

Goran.
0
Goran
4/22/2010 10:24:47 AM
Try setting the "ignore creation errors" flag in the dialog properties--I forget its exact
name--and see if the dialog comes up.  If a control is missing, that's your culprit
				joe

On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 19:47:37 -0700, DanB <abc@some.net> wrote:

>I have a property sheet with three pages. It is old, been around for
>many years.
>
>Out of the clear blue sky the second page's OnInitDialog does not get
>called when the tab is pressed and the tab disappears. The first and
>third tab continue to work properly.
>
>All I did was add a checkbox and bound a bool variable to it. Simple
>wizard stuff.
>
>I've traced and checked and some google, but I'm still baffled. Has
>anyone seen anything like this?
>
>Note, I had upgraded my app to VC 9.0 from 7.1 just a month ago. But
>there was no problem with this tab until tonight that I know of. My wife
>has been to that page frequently since the change to take pictures for
>the docs. She told me so! :)
>
>Thanks, Dan.
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
Joseph
4/22/2010 2:12:30 PM
David Lowndes wrote:
>> I have a property sheet with three pages. It is old, been around for
>> many years.
>>
>> Out of the clear blue sky the second page's OnInitDialog does not get
>> called when the tab is pressed and the tab disappears. The first and
>> third tab continue to work properly.
>>
>> All I did was add a checkbox and bound a bool variable to it. Simple
>> wizard stuff.
>
> Dan,
>
> If you remove that - does it then work correctly again?

Hi Dave,
No. And I have also commented the DDX_Check that got left behind.

Gordon:
Could it be that dialog control's ID in DDX_Whatever isn't the one you
have in resource.h?

I've gone through the numbers from resource.h to ars.rc, they all look
good. There is no overlap of the number with anything else in the sheet
page. The 'title' does show on the tab when the sheet comes up so it is
the right resource.

Joe:
Try setting the "ignore creation errors" flag in the dialog
properties--I forget its exact
name--and see if the dialog comes up.  If a control is missing, that's
your culprit

Thanks, but same symptom. And now I've gone so far as to comment most of
the code. I've changed the tab order and it remains that tab.

So I started editing the rc. If I un comment ether of these lines, it
causes the trouble:

CONTROL         "",IDC_RTPO_FOOTER,"RichEdit20A",ES_MULTILINE |
ES_READONLY | WS_TABSTOP,5,78,285,30,WS_EX_STATICEDGE

CONTROL         "",IDC_RTPO_COVER,"RichEdit20A",ES_MULTILINE |
ES_AUTOVSCROLL | ES_AUTOHSCROLL | WS_VSCROLL |
WS_TABSTOP,5,139,285,73,WS_EX_STATICEDGE

But these controls have been there for many years. And my wife swears
this page was fine after 9.0. I have to go with what she says as I had
not gone to the page until I added the check box.

Now it gets stranger. So I tried to bring up my 'About' box and it won't
come up now. It did just a couple of days ago, I know that for sure. It
has a:

CONTROL         "",IDC_COPYRIGHT,"RichEdit20A",ES_MULTILINE |
ES_AUTOVSCROLL | ES_AUTOHSCROLL | WS_VSCROLL |
WS_TABSTOP,8,102,347,88,WS_EX_STATICEDGE

Next dialog with a rich control, this one works!?:

CONTROL         "",IDC_RICHEDIT21,"RichEdit20A",ES_MULTILINE |
ES_AUTOVSCROLL | ES_AUTOHSCROLL | WS_BORDER | WS_VSCROLL |
WS_TABSTOP,7,7,263,104

So I removed the static edge and added a border to the copyright control
so as to match the good one, it still doesn't work. I have to comment
the rc to get the 'about' dialog to come up just like the property page.

The only other thing I did in the recent past was to remove 7.1 from my
machine. But to keep in mind that my wife patched up on her machine the
problem follows the software. There is no Visual Studio on her machine.

(Why do the weird ones show up every time there is a dead line?)

///time///time///

Found it! So if I bring up any of my 'Views' that use rich text all
these dialogs start working. That is because I make sure msftedit.dll is
loaded, (if available, and it is back to xp sp2 now). It was a very long
time ago I took out the load in the app init, it was when I started
using RichEdit50W2. And it just didn't show as I have a lot of rich
views and the dll gets load early most of the time.

Thanks for the comments and letting me ramble on. It really helped to
solve the problem.
Best, Dan.

0
DanB
4/22/2010 6:15:28 PM
>So I started editing the rc. If I un comment ether of these lines, it
>causes the trouble:
>
>CONTROL         "",IDC_RTPO_FOOTER,"RichEdit20A",ES_MULTILINE |
>ES_READONLY | WS_TABSTOP,5,78,285,30,WS_EX_STATICEDGE
>
>CONTROL         "",IDC_RTPO_COVER,"RichEdit20A",ES_MULTILINE |
>ES_AUTOVSCROLL | ES_AUTOHSCROLL | WS_VSCROLL |
>WS_TABSTOP,5,139,285,73,WS_EX_STATICEDGE

It looks like you need to call AfxInitRichEdit2 in your application's
initialisation.

Dave
0
David

A Problem with ADODB and update
i have been progrmaing in Vb Access and this script send me an error. "the recorsert don't allow updates" what's should i do? it's is the script --------------------------------------------- Private Sub button_1_Click() Dim rs As New ADODB.Recordset rs.ActiveConnection = CurrentProject.Connection rs.Open "Select * From example_tabla", CurrentProject.Connection, adOpenDynamic, adLockOptimistic If IsNull(box_a) Then Beep MsgBox "Falta seleccionar A", vbExclamation, "Formulario de Prueba" box_a.SetFocus ElseIf IsNull(box...

Problem replying to emails #2
Hi all, I have imported emails/address book from Outlook Express into Outlook and when I hit reply to any emails that were NOT in my address book in Outlook Express I cannot send the message as it does not find the email address like Outlook usually does. Is there any way around this or would I have to manually add an email address to each contact? Thanks Scott Ashton <wibble@wobble.com> wrote: > I have imported emails/address book from Outlook Express into Outlook > and when I hit reply to any emails that were NOT in my address book > in Outlook Express I cannot sen...

create sheets from data
I would like to see I can create a new sheet from souce data that we create a new sheet from a group of data and name the sheet after the group and copy the data into the sheet... so the below would create 3 new sheets called a,b,c and would hold the data against each group... so 1 sheet would be a and hold a1 to e5 data in it... a b c d e Group Data 1 a aa aa aa aa 2 a aa aa aa aa 3 a aa aa aa aa 4 a aa aa aa aa 5 a aa aa aa aa 6 b bbb bbb bbb bbb 7 b bbb bbb bbb bbb 8 b bbb bbb bbb bbb 9 b bbb bbb bbb bb...

Formatting all sheets in a workbook to print the same
I am having trouble getting all sheets in the workbook to print the same. I have tried selecting all sheets and setting up my header and footer, margins, etc. But, when I then go to print preview, only the first sheet in the workbook has held the settings. You need to do each sheet individually, or copy the sheet that you have set up and use it as your sheet template. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "mreed46112" <mreed46112@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC8B95D0-898D-4F23-9423-6175298FB596@microsoft.com... > I am having trouble getting all sheets in the w...

License problem, replacing users in CRM
Hi All, I have CRM1.2 with the MSDN license installed, I have tried to replace two of the users... Removed license from user, diabled user in crm, and removed the uesr from the OU's.. Then addes new user, assigned the license to them.. They are not able to login and get a license error. Anyone know what I did wrong? Thanks! Are the old users still in AD? If you delete a user from AD before removing the CRM license, it causes big problems. You can try putting them back in AD, with the appr rights etc, then remove the license. MS will tell you to re-install or restore....pretty ...

Print different labels on a sheet
I'm using Publisher 2000 and trying to print 4 different labels on a sheet is this possible? If so, how Thanks A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Anita <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > I'm using Publisher 2000 and trying to print 4 different labels on a > sheet is this possible? If so, how? It is perfectly possible. You have two options: 1) Lay out your page manually. Use appropriate Layout Guides to position each card on the page, and design into the four card areas. 2) Use Mail Merge. Check out the Business Card...

charting problem #3
I'm running Office 2000. In my chart format axis tab there's no pulldown menu for showing the axis in thousands. How can I get the pulldown menu. On the the Scale tab, there should be a dropdown list for 'Display Units'. The default is 'None' -- change it to 'Thousands' Another way to format the numbers on the axis is to create a custom number format -- On the Number tab, select the Custom category. In the text box, type: #, Click OK For more examples of custom number formats, see Jon Peltier's web site: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/NumberFo...

Hide a sheet
Is there a way of hiding a worksheet and only allowing it to be unhidden if a password is supplied? Or is there any other way of achieving this? Thanks for any help! Gavin I do believe that this might do the very thing I need - I'll test it first thing in the morning! http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=380 "gavin" <no-one@home.co.uk> wrote in message news:dg9md0$g2l$1@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk... > Is there a way of hiding a worksheet and only allowing it to be unhidden if > a password is supplied? Or is there any other way of achieving this? &...

Why are sometimes seconds not shown in cell? timestamp format problem
I have a column in Excel which contain timestamp information. When I right click on all the cells the format is Number->Custom->TT.MM.JJJJ hh:MM Much to my surprise some of the cells show a value of e.g. 00.01.1900 13:30 At first there are TWO (!) blanks between date and time. Why? Furthermore the seconds are not shown. Why? I expected (at least) "00". Claudia Are you sure that your format wasn't TT.MM.JJJJ hh:MM rather than TT.MM.JJJJ hh:MM ? If you want seconds, what happens if you change it to TT.MM.JJJJ hh:MM:ss ? -- David B...

Having Problems with CFile
Hello I am new at this . But CFile is giving me trouble. I got visual studio 6 and . The CFile is in a function. that starts a file that will be a report file. The program compiles ok, but runs and gives a debug error and crashes help int write_rpt(void) { // begin Report function CFile fileMyFile; char initFile[200]; fileMyFile.Open("c:\rept.html", CFile::modeCreate); fileMyFile.Write(initFile, 15); fileMyFile.Close(); return 0; } Thanks Jim Problem is you didnt give permission to write while opening the file (CFile::modeCreate | CFile::modeWrite). catch th...

caps problem
in some excel sheat i can't write "a" in cell. can only write the other letters. pls help thnx Does it convert to uppercase A? If yes, I'd look at: tools|Autocorrect Options|Autocorrect tab and remove the autocorrect entry that changes a to A. Yossi Cohen - RCS wrote: > > in some excel sheat i can't write "a" in cell. can only write the other > letters. > pls help > thnx -- Dave Peterson ...

Thread problem
The code CClientThread* pThread = (CClientThread*) AfxBeginThread(RUNTIME_CLASS(CClientThread), THREAD_PRIORITY_NORMAL, 0, CREATE_SUSPENDED); crashes at CWinThread* AFXAPI AfxBeginThread(CRuntimeClass* pThreadClass, int nPriority, UINT nStackSize, DWORD dwCreateFlags, LPSECURITY_ATTRIBUTES lpSecurityAttrs) { #ifndef _MT pThreadClass; nPriority; nStackSize; dwCreateFlags; lpSecurityAttrs; return NULL; #else ASSERT(pThreadClass != NULL); ASSERT(pThreadClass->IsDerivedFrom(RUNTIME_CLASS(CWinThread))); //CRASHES HERE!!!! and gives the following error message when the program...

File Properties
Is there a way to change the details in the Summary tab of the File Properties dialog box (e.g. Title / Keywords / Comments) through using a macro? Thanks, Andrew activeworkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties("title") = "Test book" -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Andrew" <Andrew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3986D848-BF81-4120-A878-D9B3E80E1A1D@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to change the details in the Summary tab of the File > Properties dialog box (e.g. Title / Keywords / Comments) thr...

horrible problem with division in Excel
Hi, I've recently purchased Office2003 and there is a horrible problem in Excel that none of friends can help me solve. I cannot make it divide two cells. The formula =A1/A2 is not working and returns an #ARG! Other calculations are fine. It is just dividing that causes the problem. I also switched off the option for "/" as Excel menu button but it is no good. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions for possible solutions. Many thanks to all. Marek I'm not familiar with the #ARG! error - perhaps it's a Polish localization. By any chance do you have R1C1 referen...

shape property based on other shape property
I am documenting the electrical circuits in 90 some labs. I am using Visio 2007. I have created circuit shapes with the Property Types: Circuit ID and Phase. The Circuit Phase can be a number between 1 and 42. The Phase corresponds with that specific number and will be A, B, or C. I want to know how to make the Phase Property be based on the Circuit ID property. Also, there is another type of circuit, where the circuit ID lists two Circuit IDs. Same numbering as before, so an example might look like "2,4". In this case, I would need the Phase Property to be A,B. I fi...

Merge - Create New Sheets
I have a worksheet with a price list on it. I also have a sheet wit names and addresses in rows.....column names are Customer Name Address City State What I want to accomplish is to end up with new worksheet tabs for eac customer name - with the Customer Name , address ect shown on eac worksheet that contains the pricing. Hopefully that makes sense.... -- mpalme ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mpalmer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2678 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?thr...

Changing a forms properties under program control
I have a form caled "frm _Main" and that form has a Sub Form called "frm_Sub_Address" embeded in it. I am wanting to make the "frm_Sub_Address" get its information from two different Tables depending on what info the user wants. The two Tables are called "tbl_Stores" and "tbl_Suppliers". I know that you will raise the question, why do I have 2 tables containing Adddress info but putting that pointy to one side for the moment, my code is as follows, depending on what info the user wants :- iF user wants this info For...

4 postcards on one sheet
How do you create 4 postcards on one sheet using publisher 2003? -- dns7080 All the same? In page setup select postcards. If each card is different, page setup, landscape, Arrange menu, grid guides, two rows, two columns. If you know the margin limitations of your printer, be certain to create your publication within the limitation. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "dns" <dns@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2B8631AE-9D2B-437B-80A6-2EFA60BA238F@microsoft.com... > How do you create...

can't display address properties
our envirnment is exchange2k3 sp2 and outlook2k3. In outlook,open a message,double click local domain sender/recipient, we can't get address properties,if we double click external domain sender,it's no problem. how do i setup it in exchange server that we can get local domain sender address information? thanks jack ...

Problem installing MS Office 2003 Pro on New Laptop
Hello Everyone, Trying to install MS Office Pro 2003 OEM (New) on New Computer using Windows Vista Home. It should be a simple thing, right??? Can't get the software installed. I let my nephew try it, who graduated from college recently and has a degree in computer programing and he could not do it. The problem, he said, is the Windows Installer needs Updated. He clams they evidently do not know the problem exists or have not found a fix for it. I have used computers when Windows did not exist yet and grew with Windows and have never had a problem putting older software on ...

custom list problem
Changed from Excel 2003 to Excel 2007. Excel 2007 custom lists will only let me enter about 18 entries. I have several longer lists than that. Is there a way I can make it accept more than 18? I tried to import my lists from the previous version but the newer version cuts it off. -- :/ Hi The behavior of Custom Lists is identical in 2007 compared with 2003 for me. How is it stopping you from entering beyond 18 values? Regards Roger Govier "aemorri" <neaca1> wrote in message news:C0B0B5AD-C763-4922-98F0-B11E76A9E0A7@microsoft.com: > Changed...

Exchange 5.5 OWA Questions/Problems
Greetings, We are running Exchange 5.5 SP4 on a Windows 2000 SP4 server. And have several issues... 1) We run an offline backup on every other day and occasionally have problems with the OWA not being responsive after restarting the Exchange services. I have added the "stop and start WWW services" to the batch files that I use to stop and restart Exchange after the offline backup. However the problem remains. OWA will not be responsive and the WWW service will hang in the "stopping" state. It requires a reboot to get things going again. 2) Ever since we upgraded...

Merged Sheet & List Problem (XL2007)
HI, I have just merged three worksheets in the the same workbook into 1 worksheet, the resulting worksheet will not allow me to use a 'Named Range' as a list in data validation. It lets me select the type in the 'Named Range' (=list) but will not show it as a dropdown in the new sheet. The old workbook with the separate worksheets works as expected. Anybody any ideas? -- Steve To be great is to be misunderstood. - Ralph Waldo Emerson Might be that =list is referring to a named range on a sheet that no longer exists if you deleted sheets after the merge. Try deleting...

Adding a property sheet to System Properties
Is it possible to add a property sheet to the Windows System Properties dialog? Thanks ...

Attachment problem #2
When a PC user send me an email with an attachment, it comes through fine. When a MAC user send me an email with attachments, the attachments don't seem to come through. There is no little paperclip next to the email in my inbox. But I can still get them by going to file, save attachments. I'm using W2K with OffXP. Thanks ...