property page - help

Can anyone point me to some information about using a property page within
my project.

I want to display data about the MFC document and selected Object to the
user so they can view/change them at the same time as looking at the
document view.

I am using VC++ v6.0 with MFC

Any help will be much appreciated
Phil

0
EXPRESS1 (13)
3/22/2005 9:35:53 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

>Can anyone point me to some information about using a property page within
>my project.

Phil,

See "Property Sheets and Property Pages" in MSDN.

>I want to display data about the MFC document and selected Object to the
>user so they can view/change them at the same time as looking at the
>document view.

Sounds like you need a modeless property sheet - there's a link to
"Creating a Modeless Property Sheet" in the page I mentioned.

Dave
0
davidl7375 (2060)
3/22/2005 10:41:07 AM
HI!
you can find some useful article here
http://www.codeproject.com/property/

--

With Regards
Alok Gupta

                           "I Believe this will Help"

"Phil Cunningham" <EXPRESS@oakleafsoftware.co.uk> wrote in message
> Can anyone point me to some information about using a property page within
> my project.
>
> I want to display data about the MFC document and selected Object to the
> user so they can view/change them at the same time as looking at the
> document view.
>
> I am using VC++ v6.0 with MFC
>
> Any help will be much appreciated
> Phil

0
thatsalok1 (226)
3/22/2005 11:22:26 AM
thanks for the information.

Rather than a dialog I am really looking for a similar window that appears
in Visual Basic as the dockable Properties Window. This looks like a
scrollable list of properties whose values can be changed or selected.

Is this part of a standard control?

Phil

"thatsalok" <thatsalok@NO_gmail.com_I_DONT_NEED_SPAM> wrote in message
> HI!
> you can find some useful article here
> http://www.codeproject.com/property/
>

> --
>
> With Regards
> Alok Gupta
> Visit me at http://alok.bizhat.com
>
>                            "I Believe this will Help"
>
> "Phil Cunningham" <EXPRESS@oakleafsoftware.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Can anyone point me to some information about using a property page
within
> > my project.
> >
> > I want to display data about the MFC document and selected Object to the
> > user so they can view/change them at the same time as looking at the
> > document view.
> >
> > I am using VC++ v6.0 with MFC
> >
> > Any help will be much appreciated
> > Phil

0
EXPRESS1 (13)
3/22/2005 12:21:15 PM
I Believe you are looking for flexgrid control
 this will help you a lot
http://www.codeproject.com/miscctrl/gridctrl.asp

--

> thanks for the information.
>
> Rather than a dialog I am really looking for a similar window that appears
> in Visual Basic as the dockable Properties Window. This looks like a
> scrollable list of properties whose values can be changed or selected.
>
> Is this part of a standard control?
>
> Phil
>
> "thatsalok" <thatsalok@NO_gmail.com_I_DONT_NEED_SPAM> wrote in message
> > HI!
> > you can find some useful article here
> > http://www.codeproject.com/property/
> >

> > --
> >
> > With Regards
> > Alok Gupta
> > Visit me at http://alok.bizhat.com
> >
> >                            "I Believe this will Help"
> >
> > "Phil Cunningham" <EXPRESS@oakleafsoftware.co.uk> wrote in message
> > > Can anyone point me to some information about using a property page
> within
> > > my project.
> > >
> > > I want to display data about the MFC document and selected Object to
the
> > > user so they can view/change them at the same time as looking at the
> > > document view.
> > >
> > > I am using VC++ v6.0 with MFC
> > >
> > > Any help will be much appreciated
> > > Phil

0
thatsalok1 (226)
3/22/2005 1:25:39 PM
No, I think I am after a PropertyTree

there are some good examples for VC7 and .Net but I am stuck in old VC6.0

> I Believe you are looking for flexgrid control
>  this will help you a lot
> http://www.codeproject.com/miscctrl/gridctrl.asp
>
> --
>
> With Regards
> Alok Gupta
> Visit me at http://alok.bizhat.com
>
>                            "I Believe this will Help"
>

> "Phil Cunningham" <EXPRESS@oakleafsoftware.co.uk> wrote in message
> > thanks for the information.
> >
> > Rather than a dialog I am really looking for a similar window that
appears
> > in Visual Basic as the dockable Properties Window. This looks like a
> > scrollable list of properties whose values can be changed or selected.
> >
> > Is this part of a standard control?
> >
> > Phil
> >
> > "thatsalok" <thatsalok@NO_gmail.com_I_DONT_NEED_SPAM> wrote in message
> > > HI!
> > > you can find some useful article here
> > > http://www.codeproject.com/property/
> > >

> > > --
> > >
> > > With Regards
> > > Alok Gupta
> > > Visit me at http://alok.bizhat.com
> > >
> > >                            "I Believe this will Help"
> > >
> > > "Phil Cunningham" <EXPRESS@oakleafsoftware.co.uk> wrote in message
> > within

> the

0
EXPRESS1 (13)

Sending page by mail
Hi, I am using Microsoft Office 2000. I have Outlook setup as my defaul mail client. I am using Internet Explorer 6.0. When I click the mail button on the Internet Explorer toolbar an choose send link or send page I should get a new mail message window Instead I get an error asking if I want to send an error report to MS I get the same error if I am using Word, Excel or Power Point and go t file, send to, mail recipient ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Is Ou...

Can I set up Publisher to print Filofax pages?
I know that Filofax gives a CD to use to print off your address book, but I don't know how to mail merge that with stuff I've created in Publisher. I don't think it's possible. So I was wondering if there's a template within Publisher, or whether I need to make one up myself - surely there's an easier way?!! There is a FiloFax template here for Publisher, it is old but it should open okay http://desktoppublishing.com/templ_mspub.html Scroll down. Lots of Mail Merge help here http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH062524751033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP ...

In Publisher,mirror image text (not page)?
I want to print onto a transparency and then use the text image as a transfer. If I don't mirror the text before printing the transparency, it will be reversed and unreadable (backwards) after I do the transfer. Any suggestions? (Flip, rotate, do NOT work. I am not talking about page mirroring. )Thank you Copy the text box, paste special as an image, flip. Depending on the font and size this may not be the best way, the text will be dark. A better way would be paste it into Paint and flip and then paste it back into Publisher. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ h...

Word 2007
I know this can be done by header/footer, but I am trying to put the logo on the right side of the page. I can do this manually, basically copy and paste the logo (which I have made using the auto-shape feature), but they don't appear in the exact same location on each page and I have to play with it a lot. Anyway to have this 'logo box' to appear on every page of the report (except for teh first page) automatically? Enable "Different first page" and then anchor the logo to the primary Header (omitting it from the First Page Header). Header content can b...

How do I print multiple charts on one page?
I've got all of my graphs in different sheets, but I can't figure out how to print 2 per page. Is there any possible way to do this?! Embed the charts onto a single worksheet. If the charts are on separate chart sheets (no underlying cells), right click the chart and select Location, and choose the target sheet from the As Object In dropdown. If the charts are embedded on different worksheets, copy each and paste it onto a single worksheet. Finally, print out the worksheet with all of the charts. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Pelt...

HOWTO add pages into CTabCtrl!
Hello! Completely lost here. How can I add items to a tab control? I know all I have to do. I create a dialog, Child, and with no borders. I create three pages during startup, and how can I add these three dialogs into the CTabCtrl? -- - Lars ...

Blank pages
I have created a report that is set up and prints like letters. I recently had to put a footer on the letter and now I get a blank page in between letters. Is there a way to not get that blank page since before I added the footer I did not have one? Thanks for all the insight and help. LG, The usual cause of a blank page in between each printed page, is that your data is a bit too wide, given the margin/s you set up. Just move what you just added to the footer to the left, or decrease your right margin (if possible), and that should do it. -- hth Al Campagna ...

Unwanted Pages
I have a workbook with six sheets. Four of these sheets behave quite normally. However, one sheet, which should print on onto two pages, shows four pages in Print Preview. The extra (unwanted) two pages have a continuous line down the left hand side. No matter what I do I cannot get rid of this line. It appears like a border but deleting all borders, highlighting all the cells and deleting them and checking in Format/Cells/Borders shows nothing. The other rogue sheet should should print on only two pages but shows six pages in Print Preview. The last four are completely blank except fo...

File Properties
Is there a way to change the details in the Summary tab of the File Properties dialog box (e.g. Title / Keywords / Comments) through using a macro? Thanks, Andrew activeworkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties("title") = "Test book" -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Andrew" <Andrew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3986D848-BF81-4120-A878-D9B3E80E1A1D@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to change the details in the Summary tab of the File > Properties dialog box (e.g. Title / Keywords / Comments) thr...

formatting a page
I have 3 pages of names that I would like to combine into 1 page. How would I do this? Create a 3 column report. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.accessmvp.com http://www.mvps.org/access Co-author: "Access 2010 Solutions", published by Wiley "patty44" <patty44@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:375F9BB6-48F6-4885-8787-86ED8FAA098C@microsoft.com... >I have 3 pages of names that I would like to combine into 1 page. How would >I > do this? aaa "patty44" <patty44@discussions.mi...

Showing all pages at one time
How do I have all pages I'm working on showing at one time? I have to go to "go to page" to see them individually. It's a pain. -- seal the deal If you have Publisher 2003 and below, View Status bar. If you have Publisher 2007 there is a fix here, sixth FAQ http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Woody05" <Woody05@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C48C0D92-2BC5-4FDF-A1BF-06F178FAB2F2@microsoft.com... > How do I have all pages I'm working on showing at one time? I have to go to > &qu...

Print same column headings on each page
In Page Setup, Sheet tab, under Print titles, both the "Rows to repeat at top" and "Columns to repeat at left" boxes are greyed out and unavailable. Any clues? If you access Page Setup from the Print Preview, those commands aren't available. Close the Print Prieview and go in to the Setup option from the file menu tj >-----Original Message----- >In Page Setup, Sheet tab, under Print titles, both the "Rows to repeat at top" and "Columns to repeat at left" boxes are greyed out and unavailable. Any clues? >. Vino I don't know why the...

shape property based on other shape property
I am documenting the electrical circuits in 90 some labs. I am using Visio 2007. I have created circuit shapes with the Property Types: Circuit ID and Phase. The Circuit Phase can be a number between 1 and 42. The Phase corresponds with that specific number and will be A, B, or C. I want to know how to make the Phase Property be based on the Circuit ID property. Also, there is another type of circuit, where the circuit ID lists two Circuit IDs. Same numbering as before, so an example might look like "2,4". In this case, I would need the Phase Property to be A,B. I fi...

Changing a forms properties under program control
I have a form caled "frm _Main" and that form has a Sub Form called "frm_Sub_Address" embeded in it. I am wanting to make the "frm_Sub_Address" get its information from two different Tables depending on what info the user wants. The two Tables are called "tbl_Stores" and "tbl_Suppliers". I know that you will raise the question, why do I have 2 tables containing Adddress info but putting that pointy to one side for the moment, my code is as follows, depending on what info the user wants :- iF user wants this info For...

dialog on tab page getting lost
Hi I have followed http://www.codersource.net/mfc_ctabctrl.html to place the tab control on the dialogbox which is derived from CDialog. But when I enter the return or escape key , tab page dialog is getting disappeared. I put the following code for the dialog but no use. BOOL CCableDia::PreTranslateMessage(MSG* pMsg) { if (pMsg->message == WM_KEYDOWN) { if(pMsg->wParam == VK_RETURN || pMsg->wParam == VK_ESCAPE) { pMsg->wParam = NULL; return TRUE; } } return CDialog::PreTranslateMessage(pMsg); } yang__lee@ausi.com wrote: > ...

Adding a property sheet to System Properties
Is it possible to add a property sheet to the Windows System Properties dialog? Thanks ...

can't display address properties
our envirnment is exchange2k3 sp2 and outlook2k3. In outlook,open a message,double click local domain sender/recipient, we can't get address properties,if we double click external domain sender,it's no problem. how do i setup it in exchange server that we can get local domain sender address information? thanks jack ...

Master Pages #3
I have created a new master page, and as long as I am using my open document, it is in the task pane. When I get out of Publisher and then go back in, the master page I created is gone. How do I save a new master page Thanks for you help View, clear ignore Master Page. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "antssistr" <antssistr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9455CE64-E5E2-4D41-8F52-A34C6479C1D1@microsoft.com... >I have created a new master page, and as long as I am using my open do...

Outlook 2003 "Tools|Mail and News|Send Page" from MSIE
This post addresses two separate issues. *** ISSUE 1 *** When I click Tools|Mail and News|Send Page in MSIE 6.0 (Windows XP), the Outlook editor, rather than Word, is invoked to create the message. Outlook Options are set as follows: Compose in this message format: Either Rich Text <or> HTML. Use Word 2003 to edit e-mail messages: Checked. Use Word 2003 to read Rich Text e-mail messages: Checked. Internet Format|Outlook Rich Text Options: Either Convert to HTML Format <or> Send using Outlook Rich Text format. Is there an option setting or a fix for this? *** ISSUE ...

Custom document properties
I am using Excel 2003. I read in help that I can link content to custom document properties, but on the custom page of the document properties dialog window the checkbox "Link to content" is grayed out! The file is created, saved and opened. How do I gain access to the "Link to content" feature of the custom document properites? You need to create a name next to the formula bar to link to. I've been searching for this for a while and finally figured it out., Read this doc for more info. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP052036901033.aspx "...

some user have no mail properties in GAL
After a recent move of all my people to the new ex2k server, I have a few users who have no properties when the GAL entry if viewed from a LAN client. The properties are there in ADUC, but if a user tried to select that person from the gal and send a message it is returned saying that the persone doesn't exist in that organization. When I look at the propertied of that person, in the last tab on the left there is no information there. No SMTP, CCMAIL, X.400 , nothing. Most other users have info there but not these few. It seems to be a local LAN problem. internet mail is not affected. Wher...

Project Properties gone blank (Property Pages)
I've just encountered a really weird problem with VS2003. When I pull up the project properties dialog for a project (the dialog that lets you set compiler & linker options) that big white rectangle in the central right which normally lists all the current settings has vanished, leaving a big grey area. There is one exception to this, and that is when I click on the Command Line option under C/C++ or Linker, in which case it displays correctly. I've tried shutting-down the environment and starting fresh, without change, and it does this with any project I load. This is particul...

How do I change the properties of specific points in a scatter plo
....more specifically, I have been creating elevation profiles of state park trails and have been changing the points that coincide with intersections to large circles while leaving the rest of the data series unchanged. Hovering over the line with a pointer until I locate the precise point, and then manually changing it's properties is becoming very time comsuming. Is there a way I can automate the process, or at least do multilple points at once?? If I understand the problem correctly, here is a suggestion: use a second series for the intersections Let's say the distance val...

Doing things on entry and exit to wizard pages?
A wizard, with several pages. Normally if one wants to do something on entry to a page it's in OnInitiDialog() if it's got to happen once ever (bearing in mind that the page may or may not ever be instantiated, depending on whether the user gets that far) or in OnSetActive() if it's got to happen every time the user moves to that page; and if one wants to do something on exit from a page it's in OnKillActive(), remembering to put an OnWizardFinish() somewhere in a base class that calls OnKillActive() because it's a "feature" of MFC that when you finish a wizard t...

Page Numbering #17
Hi, I'm working on my first newsletter using Publisher 2003. It is going well, but I have a confusing problem with page numbering. The newsletter is four pages long. I took the original page numbers off, and made new text boxes for the title and page #. Page 1 is fine (and not numbered) Page 4 is fine. But page 2 and 3 keep changing back and forth. If I save page 2, page 3 becomes page 2 also. Same if I save page 3 - page 2 changes back to page 3. I've tried everythinig I can think of. Any ideas? Thanks -- LeslieJ You are changing the Master page, by doing so you are ...