Project Properties gone blank (Property Pages)

I've just encountered a really weird problem with VS2003.  When I pull
up the project properties dialog for a project (the dialog that lets
you set compiler & linker options) that big white rectangle in the
central right which normally lists all the current settings has
vanished, leaving a big grey area.  There is one exception to this, and
that is when I click on the Command Line option under C/C++ or Linker,
in which case it displays correctly.  I've tried shutting-down the
environment and starting fresh, without change, and it does this with
any project I load.

This is particularly inconvenient since I just created a new project,
imported an existing class from another project, and am encountering
that error about not being able to find precompiled headers (I really
hope VS2005 defaults to automatic on this) ... I just want to disable
use of precompiled headers so that I can get this simple application to
compile.  It won't let me change or add the switch under the Command
Line option.

Weird problem, I've been using VS for many years without seeing this
one.

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

This is a difficult one, but did you change display drivers?  Also, you
should check for viruses in case there is something there.  Finally, I'd try
reinstalling VS and C++ just to make sure something didn't get zonked.  I've
never seen this (or heard of this) happening so...

Tom

<algorimancer@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I've just encountered a really weird problem with VS2003.  When I pull
> up the project properties dialog for a project (the dialog that lets
> you set compiler & linker options) that big white rectangle in the
> central right which normally lists all the current settings has
> vanished, leaving a big grey area.  There is one exception to this, and
> that is when I click on the Command Line option under C/C++ or Linker,
> in which case it displays correctly.  I've tried shutting-down the
> environment and starting fresh, without change, and it does this with
> any project I load.
>
> This is particularly inconvenient since I just created a new project,
> imported an existing class from another project, and am encountering
> that error about not being able to find precompiled headers (I really
> hope VS2005 defaults to automatic on this) ... I just want to disable
> use of precompiled headers so that I can get this simple application to
> compile.  It won't let me change or add the switch under the Command
> Line option.
>
> Weird problem, I've been using VS for many years without seeing this
> one.

0
tserface (3860)
3/6/2006 3:10:52 PM
Could be a resource problem.  Try rebooting.

Drew

<algorimancer@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I've just encountered a really weird problem with VS2003.  When I pull
> up the project properties dialog for a project (the dialog that lets
> you set compiler & linker options) that big white rectangle in the
> central right which normally lists all the current settings has
> vanished, leaving a big grey area.  There is one exception to this, and
> that is when I click on the Command Line option under C/C++ or Linker,
> in which case it displays correctly.  I've tried shutting-down the
> environment and starting fresh, without change, and it does this with
> any project I load.
>
> This is particularly inconvenient since I just created a new project,
> imported an existing class from another project, and am encountering
> that error about not being able to find precompiled headers (I really
> hope VS2005 defaults to automatic on this) ... I just want to disable
> use of precompiled headers so that I can get this simple application to
> compile.  It won't let me change or add the switch under the Command
> Line option.
>
> Weird problem, I've been using VS for many years without seeing this
> one.

Yes, I rebooted, no, I haven't messed with display drivers.  Virus
scanner running.  I decided to just go ahead and uninstall VS2003 &
VS2005beta and do a clean install of VS2005Pro.  Now I can see the
properties and get the compiler running... and it's complaining about
bad OpenGL code in the PlatformSDK.  True, I don't need OpenGL in this
app, so I can just comment out the code that refers to it (an imported
class), but I sure hope VS2005pro doesn't have serious issues with
OpenGL since that's predominantly the world I work in.  I'll assume for
now that the error is due to this being a command line application (not
the sort of thing I usually do).

Thanks for the suggestions :)

Your problem is a little unique so it was difficult to come up with a "do
this and that will fix it" solution :o)

So far as I know VS2005 supports OpenGL just fine.  You may have to
reinstall a library.  You probably know more about this than I do since you
live in that world, but here's a link:

http://www.opengl.org/applications/installing.html

> Yes, I rebooted, no, I haven't messed with display drivers.  Virus
> scanner running.  I decided to just go ahead and uninstall VS2003 &
> VS2005beta and do a clean install of VS2005Pro.  Now I can see the
> properties and get the compiler running... and it's complaining about
> bad OpenGL code in the PlatformSDK.  True, I don't need OpenGL in this
> app, so I can just comment out the code that refers to it (an imported
> class), but I sure hope VS2005pro doesn't have serious issues with
> OpenGL since that's predominantly the world I work in.  I'll assume for
> now that the error is due to this being a command line application (not
> the sort of thing I usually do).
>
> Thanks for the suggestions :)

0
tserface (3860)

WPF non visual dcependancy property inheritance for non-visual objects
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post ths question - feel free to point me to the proper group if it isn't. I am trying to implement WPF dependancy property inheritance in a non-visual object hierarchy. Below is the complete code for a simple console app test - it just requires references to PresentationCore, PresentationFramework & WindowsBase to compile. I am stuck on how to implement the object relations. How does WPF programatically implement containership to enable property inheritance ? It would be a shame if this is only possible with visual elements. Gerr...

create page 2 in check register
How do I create a second, third and fourth page in the check register? I am very new and am lost Hi I'm not sure what the check register is, maybe an Excel template. But, creating a new sheet in Excel, right click on the Sheet tab>Insert>Worksheet. Regards Roger Govier star_gate wrote: > How do I create a second, third and fourth page in the check register? I am > very new and am lost Could elaborate please. What is a check register? Thanks. Bill Ridgeway Computer Solutions "star_gate" <star_gate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88EF...

Adding dependencies to a Setup Project.
When I add an exe developed in VB to a setup Project it adds dlls to the Detected Dependencies. When I add an OCX created in C++ no dependencies are added. Is there a way for the setup project to detect dependencies for an OCX and add them? If not is there a way to add dependencies manually? I wrote an OCX with one simple method. Is there way to eliminate some of the dll dependencies needed for the project? Right now it needs MFC70.DLL MSVCR70.DLL KERNEL32.DLL USER32.DLL GDI32.DLL OLEAUT32.DLL Thank You for you help. Jim wrote: > When I add an exe developed in VB to a setup Proj...

re arranging page order
I have a multi page document that I am hoping to print out like a book. However, I am trying to change the order of the pages and can't figure out how to do it. Any help? You should be able to just drag and drop the pages at the bottom of the screen (the little numbered ones). "Sherpa" wrote: > I have a multi page document that I am hoping to print out like a book. > However, I am trying to change the order of the pages and can't figure out > how to do it. Any help? What size are your pages? Does your printer support 11 x 17 (tabloid)? If it does, setup ...

Installing Project Time and Expense on Business Portal
When I try to install this component, it tells me that Project Time and expense is not installed/registered in the backoffice. Now, I do have Project Accounting installed, up and running. How do I get Project Time and expense to register in the backoffice Hi We had the same problem but now solved this. First you need to make sure Project is registered in GP. Then you need to setup Project in GP (system level), once done you should be able to install BP 2.5 with Project time and Expense. If you have not setup Project in GP (after the Project installation etc..) you will still get t...

Averaging List with Blank Cells #2
My apologies if this is a repeat post. I'm having news reader problems. I was given this formula for averaging the last five numbers in a column of numbers: =AVERAGE(OFFSET(A2,COUNTA(A:A)-5,0,5,1)) It works fine unless there are some blank cells like below: 1. 3 2. 3. 4. 6 5. 7 6. 8 7. 8. 35 9. 10. 11 Is there a way to change it so that it will average the last five numbers in this column and ignore the blank cells? Thanks for your help. Frank <Mr. X> wrote... .... >I was given this formula for averaging the last five numbers in a >column of numbers: > >...

Handling events from a class in an asp.net page
I have a class called Headline. It is a data object that represents a Headline (news article) for use on a website. It (the headline object) will have events linked to it. Some of the events will be something like: 1. Saving - just before the Headline gets sent to the database. 2. Saved - just after the Headline got sent to the database 3. Deleting - just before the Headline gets deleted. 4. Deleted - just after the Headline is deleted. Just for a few examples. There could be quite a few more, but I am still in the planning stage right now and haven't come up with all of them ...

Managing Project with only Project Server and not Project Professi
My company is currently testing Project Server 2007. While we also have the desk top client Microsoft Office Project Professional our Portfilio Manager would like to know if it is possible to also have projects managed using only the web face applicaiton. While we have Project Managers here we also have other positions here that will manage task like projects who have never used the desk top applicaiton. Rather than having to have the application installed on everyone's computer and training half our department my manager wanted to know if it could be done just using web. ...

Opening Projects with Project Pro is slow
Hi, do you have any recommendations how to tackle performance bootlenecks when opening project plans wiht Project Pro is sometimes very slow? Thanks for any advice Adrian -- Adrian Miller Which version of Project Server, what service packs and CU's do you have installed and what circumstances? -- Rod Gill Microsoft MVP for Project - http://www.project-systems.co.nz Author of the only book on Project VBA, see: http://www.projectvbabook.com "Adrian Miller" <adrian.miller@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:#YhVTuevKHA.404@TK2MSFTNGP...

Tab from one page to the next page in Tab Control
I'm stumped!! How do you get your tabs to go from one page in tab control to the next page? Right now, when I get to the bottom of the page, it tabs back to the top. I am using Access 2003 with Windows XP. I want to be able to tab from one page to the next as I complete my form. Any help is appreciated. -- retired_vol You'll need to use code to set the focus to the first control on the second tab in the LostFocus event of the last control on the first tab: Private Sub Control1_LostFocus() Me.Control2.SetFocus End Sub -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSte...

Recall Message gone berserk...
I initiated recall of a message that I sent in error 3days ago. I have since deleted copy of this message even from my Deleted folder, but for last 3 days I have been getting 'Message Recall Failure: Recall: ref. Jser90' - (my subject line), about 100 times a day...help!!! Whats up? how can I stop this recall attempt gone mad.....Outlook Help seems useless.... Help please....Nisar No Help for you Nisar but I can say your recall message screwed up one of my user's mailbox who had received your message and recall! Thanks for three days of work!!!!! Scott >-----Origina...

Project Accounting
Hi, I have had a question from a customer who uses project accounting (V10). They have set up a project with 2 fees attached. Originally the Tax Schedule against the Fee IDs was set as 'Based on Customer' and they have processed some invoices. Now it has been establised that one of the Fees should be 'Non-taxable'. The Fee ID has had this change made. For the project, when drilling back against the individual Fee line -the fees still shows as 'Based On Customer' Is it just a simple matter of changing the tax schedule at this point? I am a complete beginner at Pro...

change column properties from text to number
I am collating keyword info which I have cut and pasted into excel. There are two columns: 1. Has ranking number of key word (shown as a number but in text format) and 2. the keyword itself. I want to altar the 1st column to number format so that I can sort the results by the ranking number. Hi Copy a blank, unused cell. Select the range you want to change and Edit / Paste / Special / Add Andy. "Elizabeth Walling" <mfoo@dial.pipex.com> wrote in message news:406c3bdc$0$31719$fa0fcedb@lovejoy.zen.co.uk... > I am collating keyword info which I have cut and pasted into ex...

help in my project
this is a big question and hope I'll find a help I enter in the cell B1 sheet1 the name of the material and in the cells from B2 to B10 the prices my question so if I'll enter the name of the material(B1) in the cell A1 sheet2 it will show all the prices of B2 to B10 in the cells A2 to A10 so what is the code for that? -- nader ------------------------------------------------------------------------ nader's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=10881 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=470988 nader Wr...

Publisher 2003
Hi, I'm trying to create a membershipcard with publisher. I used a mail merge to create all the cards with different names and picuters. On the screen everything looks fine. I want to have multiple cards on one page with a total of eight per page. When looking at the print preview every card shows the same name. I read about the bug with the preview so I printed some pages. Now I get a page full of cards with the same name and then a page with the second name in all the cards and so on. What am I doing wrong? Maarten Maarten <rijt@dse.nl> was very recently heard to utter: ...

Modifying the Appointment Print page to add address fields
is there any way to modify the appointment print page to add the customers address. I've tried adding stuff to it but the included fields don't correspond to any of the tables, plus they are included from a .dll, so i can't really see where they come from. Anyone got any ideas as I think i've tried everything, minus adding it in from XML as I don't really know how to do that Regards Paul Tozer ...

Changed location of a few files in a vc7 project, now project can't find stdafx.h despite it not moving
Hello, thanks for trying to help. I have a project in which I moved some files out of the project directory into a sibling directory of the project directory because more than one project refers to these files. But, after that, the compiler just can't seem to find a bunch of files, in particularly stdafx.h, despite the fact that I did not move that file. I tried putting the sibling dir in project properties under additional includes directories, but that did not work, either. The only thing that (partly) worked was to hardcode the path of all included files into the include directives,...

MS Project integration
Can someone help me... If I am in the wrong group, please direct me to a more appropriate one. Even point me to a help system online would be fine... I am trying to write some software that links into MS Project and collects resource information through the API. I am using Microsoft Visual Studio, C++ 6. I have an MSProject Application and I want to call the FileOpen() method. There are 15 parameters in the method, but I don't know what values the method is expecting for those parameters. The only help I can find is in the VB Object Browser within MS Project and it just repeats the ...

Want labels of columns to display on each page when printing work.
I am tring to print a work book with many pages and would like to have the titles of my columns display on each page. I have tried the header function and it does not line up correctly with the correct columns. Any advice? Thank you in advance. Allen File>Page Setup>Sheet tab. Go to the "Rows to repeat at top" box and either type in the rows you want to repeat at the top of each page or use the mouse to highlight the rows. "justinlind44" <justinlind44@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1035C341-634F-4948-9334-E317C1A1FDB6@microsoft.com......

Multiple Page Chart
How can I create a chart that spans multiple pages? Thanks, ...

Fonts on Property Sheets ???
Greetings: I have used the "OnInitDialog" of a CPropertySheet derived sheet to expand the size of the sheet and also move the tabs, pages and buttons down to make room for some additional controls along the top of the sheet. This all went very well. Until I tried to add some edit boxes and static controls along the top of the property sheet. The static text boxes are being rendered with this font that is different from and is much larger that the "MS San Serif" pitch 8 font that most dialogs default to. I created a pointer to a CFont and obtained the LOGFONT structure th...

The macros in this project are disabled.
From the ControlBox when clicking on the Exit Design Mode button, I get a message: The macros in this project are disabled. This is preventing me from running my project. Any Ideas ??? Try Help>About Ms Excel>Disabled items. Anything there that you can re-enable? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 10 May 2008 14:16:53 -0700 (PDT), Greg <ApexData@gmail.com> wrote: >From the ControlBox when clicking on the Exit Design Mode button, I >get a message: > >The macros in this project are disabled. > >This is preventing me from running my project. > >Any Idea...

code generate: property's?
Hi, how do I generate proeprty's with the code Generate of Visio? I want to design my VB.NET-application with it, but it seems it's only possible to design just 'normal' variables? Any help would be really appreciated! Thans, Pieter Ok I found it already myself on this page: http://applicationdevelopmentadvisor.com/doc/13998 "DraguVaso" <pietercoucke@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23uRRhI5WFHA.3320@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > how do I generate proeprty's with the code Generate of Visio? I want to > design my VB.NET-application ...

Project IV Transfer from Project to another project
A great feature for Project accounting Inventory Transfers would be a Transfer of Inventory costs from one job to another job. Right now, it is a 2 step process. Users have to return to inventory and then immediately create another IV transfer to the new job. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then cli...

Unable to access Home page
I completed the installation of CRM 1.2 on our SBS 2003 box (No ISA installed); installation completed successfully but now I am unable to access our company web site:( http://companyweb/) I get the following error message: "You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied." " HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden: Access is denied. Internet Information Services (IIS)" This happens both trying from the server and the desktops. Any idea what could be wrong? TIA Stefano Hi Stefano Is your company website installed on the same box...