Problems with MFC using CAsyncSocket::

Snippet from my code. Being a client connected to a Server, I have 3 member
functions below to use. OnClose, OnConnect and OnReceive.

If I were to loose the connection to the server I have no knowledge of it.

Any ideas, how I can get notified when I loose my connection to the Server?
Also, when I poll the "sock.m_SockStatus" it doesn't give me an error as
well.

Beging a newbie at this, any help is surely appreciated.

Thanks!
JT

/
// mysock member functions

void mysock::OnClose(int nErrorCode)
{
 // TODO: Add your specialized code here and/or call the base class

 CPsnstatuspttApp::m_LogTrace.WriteLine("Socket Closed: %d",nErrorCode);

 theApp.m_sockconnected = false;
 CAsyncSocket::OnClose(nErrorCode);
}

void mysock::OnConnect(int nErrorCode)
{
 // TODO: Add your specialized code here and/or call the base class
 if (nErrorCode == 0 ){
  CPsnstatuspttApp::m_LogTrace.WriteLine("mysock::OnConnect:%d",nErrorCode);
 }
 else{
  CPsnstatuspttApp::m_LogTrace.WriteLine("mysock::OnConnect - Failed
Error:%d",nErrorCode);
 }

 m_SockStatus = nErrorCode;
 CAsyncSocket::OnConnect(nErrorCode);
}

void mysock::OnReceive(int nErrorCode)
{
 // TODO: Add your specialized code here and/or call the base class
 if (nErrorCode == 0 ){
  CPsnstatuspttApp::m_LogTrace.WriteLine("mysock::OnReceive:%d",nErrorCode);
 }
 else{
  CPsnstatuspttApp::m_LogTrace.WriteLine("mysock::OnReceive - Failed
Error:%d",nErrorCode);
 }

 m_DataRecvd = true;
 CAsyncSocket::OnReceive(nErrorCode);
}

0
jtsoft (29)
3/17/2005 3:43:50 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

well there has never been a proper way to determine socket connection
termination. OnClose event is fired only if the peer socket terminates
normally. You have got to implement a keep-alive protocol by your self or
read the documentation for SO_KEEPALIVE socket option.
"jt" <jtsoft@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Snippet from my code. Being a client connected to a Server, I have 3
member
> functions below to use. OnClose, OnConnect and OnReceive.
>
> If I were to loose the connection to the server I have no knowledge of it.
>
> Any ideas, how I can get notified when I loose my connection to the
Server?
> Also, when I poll the "sock.m_SockStatus" it doesn't give me an error as
> well.
>
> Beging a newbie at this, any help is surely appreciated.
>
> Thanks!
> JT

> /
> // mysock member functions
>
> void mysock::OnClose(int nErrorCode)
> {
>  // TODO: Add your specialized code here and/or call the base class
>
>  CPsnstatuspttApp::m_LogTrace.WriteLine("Socket Closed: %d",nErrorCode);
>
>  theApp.m_sockconnected = false;
>  CAsyncSocket::OnClose(nErrorCode);
> }
>

> void mysock::OnConnect(int nErrorCode)
> {
>  // TODO: Add your specialized code here and/or call the base class
>  if (nErrorCode == 0 ){

CPsnstatuspttApp::m_LogTrace.WriteLine("mysock::OnConnect:%d",nErrorCode);
>  }
>  else{
>   CPsnstatuspttApp::m_LogTrace.WriteLine("mysock::OnConnect - Failed
> Error:%d",nErrorCode);
>  }
>
>  m_SockStatus = nErrorCode;
>  CAsyncSocket::OnConnect(nErrorCode);
> }
>
> void mysock::OnReceive(int nErrorCode)
> {
>  // TODO: Add your specialized code here and/or call the base class
>  if (nErrorCode == 0 ){

CPsnstatuspttApp::m_LogTrace.WriteLine("mysock::OnReceive:%d",nErrorCode);
>  }
>  else{
>   CPsnstatuspttApp::m_LogTrace.WriteLine("mysock::OnReceive - Failed
> Error:%d",nErrorCode);
>  }
>
>  m_DataRecvd = true;
>  CAsyncSocket::OnReceive(nErrorCode);
> }

Problem shortcuts in Word

How to use CPicturHolder class? #2
Hello, I am fresher for the VC++. I Want to display .jpg, .bmp etc. images in my Dialog box picture controle. I have created one object of of CPictureHolder class as dialog class member. But using that I am not able to show the picture in Picture contrl Plz show simple some code for better understanding...... plz tell me. Klic Klic wrote: > Hello, > > I am fresher for the VC++. I Want to display .jpg, .bmp > etc. images in my Dialog box picture controle. I have created one > object of of CPictureHolder class as dialog class member. > But usin...

Outlook 2003 PST problems

Problem with Authentication

calendar problem

problem #4

95 and 97 problem

Date problem

sync problems

how to read XML with entities using C#
Hi there, I have two xml files, one is a master file and the other is just a fragment of xml. Master xml file uses 'DOCTYPE' to define the other file as an entity. Then, the master uses entity references that are supposed to be expanded into real content at parsing time. Examples are provided below. When I open master xml file in InternetExplorer , IE shows correct content. All the entities are transformed into right xml. So far I have been unsuccessfull in getting similar result when I try to do the same programmatically using C#. I was trying to use XmlDocument and XmlVal...

Office 2007 - HELP

Installation Problem!!

Directory Replication Problem #2

Using Checkboxes to add data to a table.
I have been having trouble developing this form for a couple of days. It seems the solution should be simple but so am I. I have an input form with four text boxes. I need to use the same data and create a new line in the table for up to but not always 9 different company positions. I was given a possible way of keeping the info on the form for the next position using the AfterUpdate event and setting the default back to the same box. But in using his suggestion I get #NAME? for the boxes with text when I select the next new record. The boxes with numbers come back the way he said it wo...

Resource editor problems

Cell Format

outlook web access redirect problem

help, please, using titles in email.
Hi.. Using Outlook 2000. I have a few contact that have titles (example- Mr., Mrs., Fr., etc) Is there a way to have the title show in their name, when one is specified??? Thank you! -- B'Regards, Vinnie Vinnie, You did not indicate for what purpose e.g. viewing the contact or doing a mail merge. If you would like to see the titles when viewing contacts then check to see if it is specified in the actual contact by doing the following. Open contact and click on Full Name - there is an option there to add the title. Once this is done you will be able to see it in the contact ...

Problem after sorting

Summary of data using array formula
I have a spreadsheet where there are several columns with data using validation picklists as well as free-entry columns. I would like to create a summary of the data in the form of counts based on the existence of specific values in these columns with the ability to change the date range. I've created the array formula and have set up a 'startdate' and 'enddate' cells where the user can enter the range they're looking for. No matter what I do the value always reports a zero. I have used these types of array formulas before, however, not using date rang...

IF AND problem