problem with release and debug mode

hi all

I am using SetWindowText() for displaying text inside progress bar control.

It is working fine in Debug mode
It is not working in release mode

what to do to make it work in release mode also

pls help

thanks in advance

with regards
Harish

0
Harish
12/18/2003 12:31:04 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Post you code for better details..... Anywasy.. It looks like buffer
overrun...Packing is loose in debug build..that's why it doesn't crash in
debug mode.  Check the text buffer that you are passing to SetWindowText()
function.

HTH,
Parhar

"Harish" <harish.k at sify.com> wrote in message
> hi all
>
> I am using SetWindowText() for displaying text inside progress bar
control.

> It is working fine in Debug mode
> It is not working in release mode
>
> what to do to make it work in release mode also
>
> pls help
>
> thanks in advance
>
> with regards
> Harish

0
os_parhar (20)
12/19/2003 5:56:06 AM
hi

Thanks for ur valuable information

i am sending the code

CString strPrecisionSetting; //Variable for setting the precision value
strPrecisionSetting.Format(_T("%.2f%%"),first);
// I tried it with unicode
// firstProgressBar.SetWindowText(_T(strPrecisionSetting));

// here i am not using unicode it is also notworking
strPrecisionSetting.Format("%.2f%%",second);

secondProgressBar.SetWindowText(strPrecisionSetting);

strPrecisionSetting.Format("%.2f%%",third);
thirdProgressBar.SetWindowText(strPrecisionSetting);

where firstprogressbar, secondprogressbar and thirdprogressbar are of type
progressbar control

pls give ur suggesion

with regards

Harish

"Onkar Singh Parhar" <os_parhar@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Post you code for better details..... Anywasy.. It looks like buffer
> overrun...Packing is loose in debug build..that's why it doesn't crash in
> debug mode.  Check the text buffer that you are passing to SetWindowText()
> function.
>
> HTH,
> Parhar
>
> "Harish" <harish.k at sify.com> wrote in message
> > hi all
> >
> > I am using SetWindowText() for displaying text inside progress bar
> control.
> >
> > It is working fine in Debug mode
> > It is not working in release mode
> >
> > what to do to make it work in release mode also
> >
> > pls help
> >
> > thanks in advance
> >
> > with regards
> > Harish