Problem with LoadFromResource...please help

Dear All,

I have a piece of code that loads an html page (using LoadFromResource) on
to the dialog as a GUI. Every time after the user does something then a
different html page will be loaded.

After I ran my code for a few thousand transactions then I see a big
increase in the memory size of my application.

I used Rational Purify and it said that mshtml.dll is leaking memory.

MLK: Memory leak of 10240 bytes from 5 blocks allocated in mshtml.dll

        Distribution of leaked blocks

             10240 bytes from 5 blocks of 2048 bytes (first block:
0x09f493d8)

        Allocation location

             [KERNEL32.dll ip=0x6C8033C8]

             [mshtml.dll ip=0x7CCD284A]

             [mshtml.dll ip=0x7CD3FABC]

             [mshtml.dll ip=0x7CD3FA85]

             [mshtml.dll ip=0x7CD3FBE8]

             [mshtml.dll ip=0x7CD3FBAA]

             [mshtml.dll ip=0x7CD3FAE2]

             [mshtml.dll ip=0x7CCF110F]

             [mshtml.dll ip=0x7CCF0FF2]

             [mshtml.dll ip=0x7CCF0F72]

Also I loop test the code that responsible for loading the html and I found
from the Window Task Manager that each time the memory increases more first
and later it decreases but not to the initial level.

Ex : Memory before the code �V 100 K

 After the Call �V 300K

And Later it comes down to 200K.

Here is a sample of the loop test I did. Is there any function I can call to
make sure that resource loaded are released properly? Or could the memory
increase due to another factor? I am using VC++ .NET and Window XP
Professional ver.2002 SP1 and mshtml.dll (ver. 6.0.2800.1106).

CENTRANCEDlg ent_dialog;

..

..

..

class CENTRANCEDlg : public CDHtmlDialog

..

..

..

//helper function inside the CENTRANCEDlg class

BOOL CENTRANCEDlg::LoadFromResource2( int id )

{

            try

            {

                        BOOL result = LoadFromResource(id);

                        Sleep(300);

            }

            catch (...)

            {

            }

            return S_OK;

}

// loop testing the function

for(int i=0; i<10000; i++)

{

ent_dialog.LoadFromResource2(IDR_HTML_PF_ENTER);

}

Thank you very much.

Joe

0
joezhu (3)
1/18/2005 3:21:09 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Problem shortcuts in Word

Outlook 2003 PST problems

formula help #26
Is this possible? Find all cells in a column which match an item from a pull down list. Perform a sum of those rows in a different column and divide by a count of the matches to obtain an average. for one cell it might be like this. If X1 = C3 then R1=(Running SUM of C column matches)/ Count of C Column matches Where X1 is the pulldown value selected. R1 is the result -- Rikk Flohr gallery: www.fleetingglimpse.com consulting: www.fleetingglimpse.net blog: http://spaces.msn.com/members/fleetingglimpse/ =AVERAGE(IF(C1:C100=X1,C1:C1000)) which is an array formula, it should be com...

Problem with Authentication

Still need help
Here's my last dialogue. I'm still unable to clear a cell upon Close Thanks FSt1 ! I'm a novice and need further clarification. The subroutine did not run as I received the Macro Disabled message. I clicked OK, and next time I opened the workbook, I didn't get the Macro Warning, but the subroutine apparently didn't run as the chosen cells were not blank. I don't want people who use my workbook to have to deal with macro warnings. Is this something that must be set on each user's computer, or can I set it in my workbook so the subroutine automati...

We had a disaster on our Great Plains SQL Server I need help
We are in the process of restoring our MS SQL Server and the 24 Company databases. We could not reinstall to the orginal sql Server instance name, but we could create a new instance and restore to it. But now security does not appear to be working I believe because we didn't restore the master. Is this a problem that we restored to another instance name. Will this casue us a problem with anything in the dynamics database? How can I get my security back without restoring the master database. There is nothing in the GP application or in te Dynamics database that would cause the...

calendar problem

problem #4

95 and 97 problem

Date problem

sync problems

Office 2007 - HELP

Installation Problem!!

Scolling in email, help!
I can't scroll down to see emails. The bar on the right keeps going to the top. I can't scroll it down and stop where I want it to. Thanks Cindy "Cindy Didrick" <cdidrick@verizon.net> wrote in message news:O91ez0x1KHA.260@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I can't scroll down to see emails. The bar on the right keeps going to the >top. I can't scroll it down and stop where I want it to. > > Thanks > Cindy Nothing in WM can cause this. Does this behaviour only occur in WM, or in all scrolling applications? Have you checked y...

Resource editor problems

Directory Replication Problem #2

Cell Format

How do I keep the active file open after saving copy, please?
I am using Excel 97 with OS WINNT. I have recorded a macro which copies the first sheet called "Daily from my source workbook to a new workbook, names this new workbook "PO Commencements (Today's date)".xls, and closes the new workbook. It i also closing the source workbook. I would like to keep the source workbook open after the copyin process. Alternatively, automatically reopen the source workbook a there is another step to be undertaken before I finish with the boo for the day. If I perform these steps manually, only the destinatio workbook closes and I can continue w...

outlook web access redirect problem

help, please, using titles in email.
Hi.. Using Outlook 2000. I have a few contact that have titles (example- Mr., Mrs., Fr., etc) Is there a way to have the title show in their name, when one is specified??? Thank you! -- B'Regards, Vinnie Vinnie, You did not indicate for what purpose e.g. viewing the contact or doing a mail merge. If you would like to see the titles when viewing contacts then check to see if it is specified in the actual contact by doing the following. Open contact and click on Full Name - there is an option there to add the title. Once this is done you will be able to see it in the contact ...

Need to Hire Outlook 2003 Help