Problem in user created edit box...

Hai all,

  I created a user defined edit box(MyEdit)..

  I have some problems in it... as follows

     1. When i click the edit box,the cursor is not visible

     2. Initially I set the color for border of edit box, but when
        I enter the text in it,the topmost border is disappearing..

     3. How to clear the buffer in edit box

   Can anyone provide me the solution...
   Thanx in advance...

   Looking forward for the reply...

Regards,
Rajkumar

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I don't know if these are the only solutions, but what I would do ...

"sridev" <rajkumar.mopati@gmail.com> wrote in message

>  I created a user defined edit box(MyEdit)..
>
>  I have some problems in it... as follows
>
>     1. When i click the edit box,the cursor is not visible

Perhaps the box is not tall enough for the font being used in the dialog?
Or there may be some other control slightly over it.

>     2. Initially I set the color for border of edit box, but when
>        I enter the text in it,the topmost border is disappearing..

Same problem?

>     3. How to clear the buffer in edit box

The easiest way is to assign a variable (CString) using the wizards and then
just clear that variable with myString.Empty(); and then do
UpdateData(false); to set the control data.

Tom

0
tserface (3860)
8/24/2005 3:21:01 PM
What's a "user defined edit box"?  There is no such thing.

Do you mean that you have a subclass of CEdit? If so, exactly what is it you do in this
subclass?
				joe

On 24 Aug 2005 00:16:19 -0700, "sridev" <rajkumar.mopati@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hai all,
>
>  I created a user defined edit box(MyEdit)..
>
>  I have some problems in it... as follows
>
>     1. When i click the edit box,the cursor is not visible
>
>     2. Initially I set the color for border of edit box, but when
>        I enter the text in it,the topmost border is disappearing..
>
>     3. How to clear the buffer in edit box
>
>   Can anyone provide me the solution...
>   Thanx in advance...
>
>   Looking forward for the reply...
>
>Regards,
>Rajkumar
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15974)
8/25/2005 2:57:00 AM
hi Tom,

    Thanks for ur solution.See what i have done is, i subclassed
CEdit(MyEdit).
Now i have two edit box in my dialog box i have to change the border
color of the edit box.If i check edit box's property BORDER and change
the border means
the border is drawn inside the edit box...So i removed it.After i
remove the BORDER property and set the color means the result is
perfect but when i click the edit box the the top side of the rectangle
border is disappearing.So what i did is i set the focus on that edit
box and again i called OnPaint()method.In OnPaint method i have drawn
the rectangle with the border.

     Now when i click the edit box i get 2 problem
1) The cursor is not visible
2)When i enter the character in edit box the border color at the top is
getting disappeared.

Tom Serface wrote:
> I don't know if these are the only solutions, but what I would do ...
>

> "sridev" <rajkumar.mopati@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
> >  I created a user defined edit box(MyEdit)..
> >
> >  I have some problems in it... as follows
> >
> >     1. When i click the edit box,the cursor is not visible
>
> Perhaps the box is not tall enough for the font being used in the dialog?
> Or there may be some other control slightly over it.
>
> >     2. Initially I set the color for border of edit box, but when
> >        I enter the text in it,the topmost border is disappearing..
>
> Same problem?
>
> >     3. How to clear the buffer in edit box
>
> The easiest way is to assign a variable (CString) using the wizards and then
> just clear that variable with myString.Empty(); and then do
> UpdateData(false); to set the control data.
>
> Tom

hi joe,

This is my problem

[...]

I'm not sure what is happening (from the description), but here is are some
links to code that may help (many edit control examples):

http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/editctrl/
http://www.codeproject.com/editctrl/

Tom

> hi Tom,
>
>    Thanks for ur solution.See what i have done is, i subclassed
> CEdit(MyEdit).
> Now i have two edit box in my dialog box i have to change the border
> color of the edit box.If i check edit box's property BORDER and change
> the border means
> the border is drawn inside the edit box...So i removed it.After i
> remove the BORDER property and set the color means the result is
> perfect but when i click the edit box the the top side of the rectangle
> border is disappearing.So what i did is i set the focus on that edit
> box and again i called OnPaint()method.In OnPaint method i have drawn
> the rectangle with the border.
>
>     Now when i click the edit box i get 2 problem
> 1) The cursor is not visible
> 2)When i enter the character in edit box the border color at the top is
> getting disappeared.
>
> Tom Serface wrote:
>> I don't know if these are the only solutions, but what I would do ...
>>

>> "sridev" <rajkumar.mopati@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> >  I created a user defined edit box(MyEdit)..
>> >
>> >  I have some problems in it... as follows
>> >
>> >     1. When i click the edit box,the cursor is not visible
>>
>> Perhaps the box is not tall enough for the font being used in the dialog?
>> Or there may be some other control slightly over it.
>>
>> >     2. Initially I set the color for border of edit box, but when
>> >        I enter the text in it,the topmost border is disappearing..
>>
>> Same problem?
>>
>> >     3. How to clear the buffer in edit box
>>
>> The easiest way is to assign a variable (CString) using the wizards and
>> then
>> just clear that variable with myString.Empty(); and then do
>> UpdateData(false); to set the control data.
>>
>> Tom

0
tserface (3860)
8/25/2005 3:27:41 PM
You can't do an OnPaint handler for an edit control.  Assume that any attempt to do so is
doomed.

I would be inclined to create a CStatic frame just outside the edit control and paint it
to simulate a border.
					joe

On 24 Aug 2005 22:18:07 -0700, "sridev" <rajkumar.mopati@gmail.com> wrote:

>hi joe,
>
>This is my problem
>
>See what i have done is, i subclassed CEdit(MyEdit).
>Now i have two edit box in my dialog box i have to change the border
>color of the edit box.If i check edit box's property BORDER and change
>the border means
>the border is drawn inside the edit box...So i removed it.After i
>remove the BORDER property and set the color means the result is
>perfect but when i click the edit box the the top side of the rectangle
>border is disappearing.So what i did is i set the focus on that edit
>box and again i called OnPaint()method.In OnPaint method i have drawn
>the rectangle with the border.
>
>     Now when i click the edit box i get 2 problem
>1) The cursor is not visible
>2)When i enter the character in edit box the border color at the top is
>getting disappeared.
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15974)

Problem shortcuts in Word

EFT remit numbers on an edit list
When printing a check batch that accidentally includes an EFT payment, the user does not have the capability to verify it when printing the edit list as the Remitxxxxx number only appears if you post the batch. The kb article: Payables EFT Option for Printing Remittances Now or Later (851283), says it was entered as a quality report (32944) and development turned it into a suggestion. However, the suggestion does not seem to exist here so I am re-submitting it as this feature has not yet been updated. The suggestion is to automatically assign the REMITXXXXX number to all EFT payments r...

Outlook 2003 PST problems

Problem with Authentication

Create a Variable from First 4-5 chars of a existing value ??
In a current table, the values in a particular field are all items like: MD45 Tuesday PM or TX341 Friday AM or FL12 Monday PM ...in other words...2 parts seperated by a space. The first part is always a State Abbrv. followed by either a 2 or 3 char. number. That first part will always be 4-5 characters long (or...everthing before the first Space). I'm needing to create a varible that is the First Part of the existing value.. ..in other words...the variable would need to be (from the above examples)... MD45 or TX341 or FL12 I'm kind of familiar with LEFT command. Would usin...

calendar problem

OpenArgs and unwanted Parameter Boxes
I am building a project using Access 2003 sp2 linked to a SQL 2000 Database. All tables and queries are SQL based. I have a search form that supplies between one and three parameters to a searchresults subform. The subform displays employee wage information, and the parameters supplied can be any combination of Insurance No, Date of Birth and Surname. The parameters are passed to the subform as a pipe delimited string via the OpenArgs property of the Openform method. Code in the subform disassembles the Openargs string using the Split function and generates up to 3 arguments. These argu...

problem #4

Making End User Recovery Work
I've seen a lot of people commenting how EUR never works for them. It does work for me after a lot of fiddling, and here are some brief comments that might help: 1. Don't just turn it on within DPM itself; go to one of your domain controllers and run the EUR setup utility. For DPM2010 it can be found at: \\dpmserver\c$\Program Files\Microsoft DPM\DPM\End User Recovery\DPMADSchemaExtension.exe For DPM2007 I believe it's at: \\dpmserver\c$\Program Files\Microsoft Data Protection Manager\DPM\End User Recovery\DPMADSchemaExtension.exe Remember, run this on your...

Can an activity be created and managed by a Team Member?
Hello, I was thinking that TM where allowed to create and manage activities because in the Security Team Member Group the “Create New Proposal or Activity” box is checked. But when trying it, a problem occurred. They are allowed to fill the Summary Information for a new activity, but after clicking on the save button, nothing appear in the Proposal and Actities view, neither in the project Center. Looking at it from an administrator account the activities do exist but are not visible for the TM who created them. So what’s the problem? ...

Can not Create cases
I'm having a problem creating cases. Everytime I try to create a new case I get the message Duplicate Record. A record of this type with this name already exists. Please choose a different name and try again. No what I use for the account, title or subject. Even Log Error Category: None Event ID 3 Description MSCRM Platform Error Report: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------- Error: The statement has been terminated. Error Message: The statement has been terminated. Error Details: Details on this error have not be...

95 and 97 problem

Date problem

sync problems

Extender-Create a new data entry window
Is it possible to create a new extender form or window (not sure of the terminology) to enter data into Dynamics? Specifically the Sales Forecast Window in Manufacturing is terrible for entering data, everytime you move to the right, it the scrolling window jumps back to the top and you have to find the item again. Anyway, I would like a new window to enter a sales forecast, is this possible? thanks -- Doug Unfortunately Extender data is stored in Extender tables and cannot be stored in the Sales Forecast tables. I agree with you that the data entry screen is horrible. I am tal...

Office 2007 - HELP

Installation Problem!!

How to get a Dial-up Connection dialog box?
I just got Outlook 2003 with new laptop which I carry back and forth to work. I use the same ISP at both locations, but with different dial-up phone numbers. When I launch Internet Explorer, I get a "Dial-up Connection" dialog box that lets me select which phone number to use. I want to get that same dialog box if I'm not already online and I launch Outlook 2003, but I can't figure out a way to get Outlook to give it to me. I had Outlook Express on my old laptop, and it gave me the same dialog box as IE. Is that function no longer available? -- Friday714 Set th...

Resource editor problems

Directory Replication Problem #2

Cell Format