Problem in CPropertySheet::DoModal

Hi,

when I add more than 99 property pages, the
CPropertySheet::DoModal is returning zero by which it is
failing to open tabbed dialog box. Is there any limit in
adding more than 99 pages? If i need to add more than 99
pages, how i can do it?

Thanks and Regards,
Ratna Kumar.
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Why would you want to have 99 pages in a Property Sheet?  I think that would
be very cumbersome, slow to display and very confusing for the user.

"Ratna Kumar" <ratnakumar75@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> when I add more than 99 property pages, the
> CPropertySheet::DoModal is returning zero by which it is
> failing to open tabbed dialog box. Is there any limit in
> adding more than 99 pages? If i need to add more than 99
> pages, how i can do it?
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Ratna Kumar.

0
w_gower (280)
9/29/2003 8:33:03 PM
In our tool, there is such requirement. our tool is just
like a modeling tool. For an object, depending on the
number of associations, that many number of pages are
required. so when ever the number of associations increase
more than 99, it is crashing. so i tried with a sample
application on this "CPropertySheet" class. it is failing
when number of pages is more than 99.
do we have any solution if we want more than 99 pages?

Ratna,

Can I suggest as an alternative to use an mdi child (as an example & if MDI)
with  treeview on the left, splitter, and child dialogs on the right?

The child dialogs would use the same resources and code as your current
CPropertyPages but be CDialog derived instead - this is an easy edit to do
due to the similarity. With the large number of potential 'tabs' to show,
you no doubt have interdepencies and conditional display of many tabs. This
type of information could be shown in the Tree View quite readily with
visual feedback on the progress through the design process allowing
incremental saves and restarts if needed.

You could also Mix the alternatives: In the above, present Wizards for each
design phase (transaction if you will) and have the wizards (CPropertySheet)
as child controls...

Have you looked at the source code for CPropertySheet and CPropertyPage to
see if there is a hardcoded limit? Perhaps this can be overriden.

With '99' I would not be surprised at running out of resources. You may need
to ensure that historic tabs are destroyed systematically and recreated if
needed to ensure that GDI and other resources don't get stretched. 99 does
seem a little low to be hitting a GDI limit under NT4 or later...

- Tim

> In our tool, there is such requirement. our tool is just
> like a modeling tool. For an object, depending on the
> number of associations, that many number of pages are
> required. so when ever the number of associations increase
> more than 99, it is crashing. so i tried with a sample
> application on this "CPropertySheet" class. it is failing
> when number of pages is more than 99.
> do we have any solution if we want more than 99 pages?

0
Tim