Problem: "Debug Assertion Failed", File:afxcmn.inl

Hi,
I have created an ActiveX ocx control in VC++6.0. When I run it in an
ActiveX container of TSTCON32.exe. (the one that is shown while debugging)
it runs perfectly.
Iam  trying to include it in a webpage (I am using visual-interdev for web
page creation) by first customizing the toolbox for that ActiveX control and
then dragging it to the web page from the toolbox.
As soon as I drag it to the webpage, the IDE crashes with a message "Debug
Assertion Failed",  File:afxcmn.inl
Can u suggest me why the problem is occurring and whets the probable
solution.
Thanks in advance
Vijay.

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi,

Either use visual interdev as the debug target and recreate the steps to the
crash using debugging in VS, or create a simple web page with the control in
it and use IE and the web page as the debug target.

- Tim

"Vijay" <hello_vc2003@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I have created an ActiveX ocx control in VC++6.0. When I run it in an
> ActiveX container of TSTCON32.exe. (the one that is shown while debugging)
> it runs perfectly.
> Iam  trying to include it in a webpage (I am using visual-interdev for web
> page creation) by first customizing the toolbox for that ActiveX control
> and then dragging it to the web page from the toolbox.
> As soon as I drag it to the webpage, the IDE crashes with a message "Debug
> Assertion Failed",  File:afxcmn.inl
> Can u suggest me why the problem is occurring and whets the probable
> solution.
> Thanks in advance
> Vijay.

0
Tim

Tips to hide "Debug Assertion Failed!"
I am using Visual Studio 6.0 to develop a GUI software. Sometimes when I tested the software in a different OS, I can get the following error message: "Microsoft Visual C++ Debug Library Debug Assetion Failed! Program:... File: ... Line: ..." I do not like this kind of message box being displayed, since it looks like that I am releasing a "debug" version. In case there is an error occurred, I would like to use my own warning message box instead. For example, I would like to show "You have encountered a problem caused by your operating system. Try to run the sof...

show Image with CImage
Hi, I tried to show a png Image using CImage ( Visual Studio 2008 prof ) It works pretty good, but only in Release Mode. If I run it in Debug Mode there is a Message: "Debug Assertion Failed! Program: ....[..]\application.exe File: g:[...]\atlimage.h Line: 503 Expression: m_hbitmap == 0 [..] if I ignore the message the picture is schown. How can I avoid this Failure My Code: BOOL OK; LPCTSTR lpBitSource=_T("D:\\Daten\\Visual Studio 2008\\Projects\\LitLaunchTestbox\\LitLaunch\\brett1.png"); CRect rect; GetClientRect(&rect); CWindowDC...

Debug Assertion Failed
I have been getting the following error message: Debug Assertion Failed! Program:Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\OUTLOOK.EXE File: j:\olxpeer\wkslib\rpccommon.cpp Line: 114 For information on how your program can cuase an assertion failure, see the Visul C++ documentation on asserts (Press Retry to debug the application) Any ideas what is causing it? Regards, Jon ...

Debug Assertion Failed #3
I have the following code in my thread: while (true) { FData * pData = new FData(); ..... ..... ..... if (something==true) { Sleep(1000); delete pData ; continue; } } i get Debug Assertion Failed because of the delete pData. Why? Regards, Mystique Assuming pData is properly allocated, deleting should not cause the assert. You dont show the line of code where the assert is coming from. Are you using pData after it has been deleted? ----- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com Mystique wrote: > i get Debug Assertion Failed because of t...

Problem: "Debug Assertion Failed"?
After adding some code to a project and some controls to a dialog in the project, when I run the program I get the following error dialog: Debug Assertion Failed! Program: {path to my program executable and executable name} File: afxwin2.inl Line: 590 followed by an application error dialog. I am not using asserts in my code and when I remove conrols from the dialog, the line number changes. Any idea what might be causing this or where to look for a cause? Is there a limit to the number of controls on a dialog? (There are about 150 on this one. It is a data readout dialog for a piece ...

Debug assertion failed with CListCtrl...
In an SDI application I am creating I want to create a listview in my child window (not a dialog), much like Windows Explorer. I create an array of filenames in OnNewDocument in my Document class. Then, in my View class, I want to create a listview with just one column containing these strings. My code is as follows: // NOTES: // m_documentList is a member variable of the view class // pDoc->m_files is an array of CStrings CArchieDoc* pDoc = GetDocument(); ASSERT_VALID(pDoc); // get the size of the view window CRect rect; this->GetClientRect( &rect ); // create list view m_...

Debug assertion failed trying to CAsyncSocket::Connect()
Hi, I have a client (locally) trying to connect to a server locally. If i connect (using CAsyncSocket::Connect()) with the IP that IPconfig gives, i get a debug assertion failed. After pressing the RETRY button on the debug assertion failed dialog the source goes to : /* * If this ASSERT fails, a bad pointer has been passed in. It may be * totally bogus, or it may have been allocated from another heap. * The pointer MUST come from the 'local' heap. */ _ASSERTE(_CrtIsValidHeapPointer(pUserData)); in dbgheap.cpp If i connect on 127.0.0.1 e...

Problem: "Debug Assertion Failed", File:afxcmn.inl
Hi, I have created an ActiveX ocx control in VC++6.0. When I run it in an ActiveX container of TSTCON32.exe. (the one that is shown while debugging) it runs perfectly. Iam trying to include it in a webpage (I am using visual-interdev for web page creation) by first customizing the toolbox for that ActiveX control and then dragging it to the web page from the toolbox. As soon as I drag it to the webpage, the IDE crashes with a message "Debug Assertion Failed", File:afxcmn.inl Can u suggest me why the problem is occurring and whets the probable solution. Thanks in advance Vijay...

Debug Assertion Failed
First the problem, then I'll attempt to post all of the info I think may be pertinent. I get the following message when I try to register a dll on a machine other than the one I built it on Debug Assertion Failed Program: C:\B7\DV7333\bin32\REGSVR32.EX File: olelink.cp Line: 29 When developing, it builds fine and I am able to register it on the development machine This is an MFC dll which implements the class wizard generated: DllGetClassObject, DllCanUnloadNow, and DllRegisterServer functions I have used depends.exe on the target machine and all it's dependcies are accounted for...

Debug Assertion Failed!
Hi Pals, I am trying to create a application like Wanderer, a sample app provided by MS. I have created a SDI application using MFC wizard. I have attacted a TreeCtrl for display the Drives those are in my system. When i am trying to run my app, i am getting this following Error in popup window, Debug Assertion Failed! File: winsplit.cpp Line: 364 I tried via debug mode by setting breakpoints. if (!ProcessShellCommand(cmdInfo)) return FALSE; On this line i am geeting the err information. Give me a good solutions for how to eradicate this situation? Regards, Seenu. Infovation Inc. ...

Debug Assertion Failed (_CrtCheckMemory)
We have a console application which has been built with VC++ 6.0 (pure C++ project) and runs without any runtime errors. But when the same project has been ported to VC++ 7.0 environment, application asserts as "Debug Assertion Failed" (dbgheap.c, line 1100 & 346, _CrtCheckMemory). It continues to run, if the assertion is ignored at several places. Could anyone throw light on why this could happen specifically. (We have already digged through mixed usage of new, malloc, delete, delete[], free etc.,) If anything else corrupts heap memory, please suggest the same. Thanks ...

Debug Assertion Failed #5
Hi, I have an application that I support that was developed with VS6, 7, and now I am using VS2005. It is being installed and tested on a PC elsewhere. The person testing it for me is having a runtime issue with the following message, Debug Assertion Failed! names the executale with this line after, File f:\rtm\vctools\vc7libs\ship\atlmfc\include\atlsimpstr.h Expression: (iChar >=0) && (iChar <= GetLength()) Almost seems like the wrong lib is being used on the test machine, vc7libs. Should that be vc8 since I am using VS 2005? Not sure what to make of this. The application work...

Debug assertion Failed! #4
Hi all! I have created an mfc application that would create a text file containing a comma-separated data. These data from the text file can be imported to Excel. Here's the scenario: I have generated/created a .txt file using the MFC application (ex. MyData.txt). After that, i opened the "MyData.txt" file in the Excel application: File-> Open-> MyData.txt-> Select 'Delimited' & Next-> Select 'Comma' & Finish The data was then imported by the Excel application. Afterwards, i run the MFC application again and created a .txt file with ...

Debug Assertion Failed #4
Hi, when i create a new second form and add in FileOnPrint and FileOnPrintPreview command from the MFC classwizard. On the Constructor, i added the following code: void CProduct::OnFilePrint() { // TODO: Add your command handler code here CFormView::OnFilePrint() ; // code added } when execute and press the print button to test whether it is working or not, I got the following error: Debug Assertion Failed. File: viewprnt.ccp Line: 161 How do I remedy the problem. Thanks. Newbie & Noobie wrote: > Hi, > when i create a new second form and add in FileOnPrint and > Fi...

Debug Assertion Failed! #3
Hi, I have a MFC project written by VS2005, the project has been put into use for almost 1 year, but recently when I execute this program ,it will turn out the following problem, Debug Assertion Failed! Program F:\.......\MyProject.exe File: F:\rtm\vctools\vc7libs\ship\atlmfc\src\mfc\winocc.cpp Line: 329 For information... Could anybody give me a help, thanks in advance! -ja Kinda hard to debug without some code to look at "jos" <josndrsn@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:#fiw6S3dIHA.1208@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hi, > I have a MFC project written ...

Debug Assertion Failed! #2
While running my program in debug mode, I had the next problem and can't find out what's wrong. ------ Debug Assertion Failed! Program: c:\VC7\test.exe File : Occmgr.cpp Line: 410 Unhandled exception at 0x7c1a9b1e (mfc71d.dll) in test.exe: User breakpoint. ------ The last line in my code from where the mfc71d.dll is called is. BOOL CMediaPlanFrm::OnCreateClient(LPCREATESTRUCT lpcs, CCreateContext* pContext) { CSplitterWnd m_wndSplitter; if ( m_wndSplitter.CreateStatic( this, 2, 1 ) ) { m_wndSplitter.CreateView( 0, 0, RUNTIME_CLASS(CPlanboardView), CSize(400,350), pContext); // &...

Debug Assertion Failed #2
Hi, What is wrong with this bit of code please if(message == WM_COPYDATA) { WmCpyDta_SetEncrypt('d'); WmCpyDta_SetMessageId(WmCpyDta_BaseDefaultMsgId()); CString strTag, strData; WmCpyDta_SendMessage_TI_SetCountMsg(NULL, NULL, lParam, strTag.GetBuffer(0), strData.GetBuffer(0)); m_ctrlAddress.SetWindowText(strData); m_ctrlCount.SetWindowText(strTag); strData.ReleaseBuffer(); strTag.ReleaseBuffer(); } I get a Debug Assertion Failed error with the expression line as nLength <= GetData()->nAllocLength ...

Debug Assertion Failed by using CView
Hi everybody! I'm using VisualC++6 with MFC. I have a assert when I quit my program (SDI) Here is the code: I created Document templates : CSingleDocTemplate* pDocTemplate; pDocTemplate = new CSingleDocTemplate( IDR_MAINFRAME, RUNTIME_CLASS(CMyListViewDoc), RUNTIME_CLASS(CMainFrame), RUNTIME_CLASS(CMyView)); In my CMyView class, I've got a member variable : protected: CView2 m_View; with class CView2 : class CViewExt:public CView { public: CViewExt(); DECLARE_DYNCREATE(CViewExt) virtual ~CViewExt(); virtual void OnDraw(CDC* pDC); }; For Creating a new view, I do i...

afxwin1.inl
I am running the debugger in VC++ 6.0. It says the assert is on the following line (27): { ASSERT(afxCurrentAppName != NULL); return afxCurrentAppName; } This happens when one of my dlls is executing. I tried adding the following as a global in the main code, but this did not help. CWinApp MyApp("xxxx"); // attempted to remove assert Also, I use multiple dlls. One of the dll's uses MFC (not the new problematic one) and is a normal dynamically linked dll. (use MFC shared dll and NO DllMain). Any ideas on how to fix the assert? TIA! Is it possible that you need to...

Debug Assertion Failed! File: winocc.cpp
In my COM Server i have added Dialog Box. i have registered OCX file and added that Activex Control to my Project also. It has created 1 header file and 1 source file. After that i have created an instance(object) of that ActiveX control and trying to call functions, But its giving run time error. Debug Assertion Filed! File: winocc.cpp Line: 345 Please help me karspy@gmail.com wrote: > In my COM Server i have added Dialog Box. i have registered OCX file > and added that Activex Control to my Project also. It has created 1 > header file and 1 source file. > > After that i...

using CFileException
When I call "GetErrorMessage" on the CFileException object, as in the following snipet, I get a "Debug Assertion Failed!" error dialog: Code snipet: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- CString fileName = _T("C:\\someFile.xsd"); CFile XSDFile; CFileException fileException; if ( !XSDFile.Open(fileName, CFile::modeRead, &fileException) ) { // Problem opening the file, determine error TCHAR errCause[1024]; //TODO - Debug assertion raised on this line, why?? fileException.GetErrorMessage(errCause, 1024); ...

Debug Assertion failed while deleting a CObject derived class
Hello, after some changes in Visual project settings I got=20 an=20 "debug assertion failed File: dbgheap.c Line: 1084 Expression: pHead->nBlockUse=3D=3DnBlockUse" The error occcurs at the last line of the following code=20 section: ------------------------------------------------------ CMobiles* test =3Dnew CMobile; if(test=3D=3DNULL) AfxMessageBox("Allocation error"); delete test; ------------------------------------------------------ The error occurs only if "CMobile" is derived from=20 CObject. It is independent how simple "CMobile" is. ...

Debug assertion failed (in afxwin1.inl) line 21
Hi, I have an application using MFC. The application code is compiling fine But when the application is executed using debug mode following error is getting generated: Debug Assertion Failed! File: f:\..\..\afxwin.inl Line: 21 Hope somebody could help me out by advising what may be wrong with my code!! On 17 Feb 2007 10:26:13 -0800, "abhichamp" <abhigup1986@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I have an application using MFC. The application code is compiling >fine >But when the application is executed >using debug mode following error is getting generated...

using CFileException
When I call "GetErrorMessage" on the CFileException object, as in the following snipet, I get a "Debug Assertion Failed!" error dialog: Code snipet: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- CString fileName = _T("C:\\someFile.xsd"); CFile XSDFile; CFileException fileException; if ( !XSDFile.Open(fileName, CFile::modeRead, &fileException) ) { // Problem opening the file, determine error TCHAR errCause[1024]; //TODO - Debug assertion raised on this line, why?? fileException.GetErrorMessage(errCause, 1024); ...

debug assertion failed. File: cmdtarg.cpp Line:52
Hi, I made a MFC ActiveX with a CwinThread Class in VC ++. Then i used it on Visual basic. When i try to make an exe i got this error : Debug Assertion Failed! Program: C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO\VB98\VB6.EXE File: cmdtarg.cpp Line: 52 For information on how your program can cause an assertion failure, see the Visual C++ documentation on asserts. (Press Retry to debug the application) A microsoft website says that this bug was corrected in the latest service pack for Visual Studio 6.0. But i already have the latest service pack and this error still occurs. Can anyone tell m...