printing vertical text

Hi

For my project I have to print a table with 5 rows and 5 colums. The text in
the first row has to rotated over 90� so that the colums not get to wide.
The  first row has text and the rest of the table has 3 digit numbers.
To print this I create a font for the first row and a different font for the
rest of the table. The font for the first row I give the lforientation and
lfescapement the value 900. This works a fine on my win2000 system where I
develop the program but when I trie to use this on a win9x PC sometimes the
orientation gets wrong. The text aperas not to be rotated 90� but -90�. This
means that the text is not shown in the first row but is placed over the
folowing rows.
In an other print I have to print an arc and on the same win9x PC's the
direction of the arc is wrong : counterclockwise in stead of clockwise
although the parameter is set correct (the direction is correct on win2000,
XP and some win9x PC's)

Does anyone know what causes this problem. Normally I use dynamic Linking
but the problem occurs also when I use static Linking so wrong DLL's is not
the problem I think.
Or is there a way I can work around this problem so I can give my clients
software that prints correct.

        Thanks,

        Louis

0
louisccc (1)
9/26/2003 11:08:22 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

louis,

Form the murky depths of my admittedly faulty memory, I have a recollection
of some printer dirvers for 95/98 exhibiting just this odd behaviour
(switching the directions of the coordinate system). In the cases where I
was involved, the solution was to explicitly set the mapping mode with
SetMapMode for each page of the printout.

Johan Rosengren
Abstrakt Mekanik AB

"louis" <louisccc@hotmail.com> a �crit dans le message de
> Hi
>
> For my project I have to print a table with 5 rows and 5 colums. The text
in
> the first row has to rotated over 90� so that the colums not get to wide.
> The  first row has text and the rest of the table has 3 digit numbers.
> To print this I create a font for the first row and a different font for
the
> rest of the table. The font for the first row I give the lforientation and
> lfescapement the value 900. This works a fine on my win2000 system where I
> develop the program but when I trie to use this on a win9x PC sometimes
the
> orientation gets wrong. The text aperas not to be rotated 90� but -90�.
This
> means that the text is not shown in the first row but is placed over the
> folowing rows.
> In an other print I have to print an arc and on the same win9x PC's the
> direction of the arc is wrong : counterclockwise in stead of clockwise
> although the parameter is set correct (the direction is correct on
win2000,
> XP and some win9x PC's)
>
> Does anyone know what causes this problem. Normally I use dynamic Linking
> but the problem occurs also when I use static Linking so wrong DLL's is
not
> the problem I think.
> Or is there a way I can work around this problem so I can give my clients
> software that prints correct.
>
>         Thanks,
>
>         Louis

Import large text file
Hi, Which options do I have to import a text file to Excel, with more than 200.000 records. Thanks Luis Hi Luis, Did you try opening the file from Excel (file,open) then after going through the file import wizard and you have what you want you can use file, save as, ...) Since you are not used to this suggest you start with a copy of your flat text file. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "L. A. M." ...

vertical look up problem with date and time
hi, I'm trying to compare intraday stock volume data for 2 stocks. The stocks do no trade every minute. I have made a new table that consists every minute of the day. With the vertical look-up function I try to get the volume quotes in my new table for every minute that a trade has occurred. So, since not every minute the stocks trade I expect to see a zero or (N/B) in my new table. But instead of doing this my new table shows a volume from the trade that has happened 1 or 2 minutes ago. How can I overcome this problem?? (I've attached an example xls with some comments) Thanks, ap...

How put Static elements into Vertical Scrolling field?
I read some data from file and print it to dialog-window. As count of filds with data may be different I suppose put this filds into another fild with VerticalScroll control but i have no idea how to do it. Creating of filds: //////// CStatic* stat1[100]; for (int i=0;i<10;i++) { stat1[i]=new CStatic(); stat1[i]->Create(_T("my static"), WS_CHILD|WS_VISIBLE|SS_LEFT, CRect(10,10+i*25,100,25+i*25),this); } ///////// First, beware of any code that has a CRect with constant parameters. It will only work on your machine. Why don't you consider CListBox, or even better, ...

printing copies

wrap text in a chart data table #2
Hi, Im have created a graph, which ive had no problem, but i when i click the option to "show data table" i cannot get the titles to wrap to the box, i have searched but i cannot find an option to wrap the text as i need it for a presentation. I do not want to just simply alter the font size if possible. Is there anyway of doing this? ...

Ghosted print and print preview

Print Dynamic Range

TCP/IP printing

Number to Text Value
Hey, I have data coming from Access via ODBC with a value of 0 (NO) or 1 (YES) from a tickbox in Access. Is there a way I can covert these 0 & 1's to a text word in excel in another column. 0 = NO or FALSE 1 = YES OR TRUE Thanks in Advance. "=?Utf-8?B?S1lNTw==?=" <KYMO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:C7FAFC78-67BA-4747-905D-497AF99727DB@microsoft.com: > Hey, > > I have data coming from Access via ODBC with a value of 0 (NO) or 1 > (YES) from a tickbox in Access. > > Is there a way I can covert these 0 & 1's to a text word ...

Printing booklet

Check printing in GP 7.0

"Tiled" print setting.

CHtmlView and Printing

Can not Display Russian Text
How do I display Russian text? When I receive an e-mail from friends in Russia, the text in jumbled and unreadable. This isn't because I can not read Russian but the display of the text is not correct. How do I fix this. I am using Windows XP Pro and I have already included the Russian text in the control panel options, the only thing I can think of it might be Outlook, can onyone help? Hy, have you installed the whole Russian language from the Office CD? >-----Original Message----- >How do I display Russian text? When I receive an e-mail >from friends in Russia,...

Disappearing Combobox Text
Just opened up a number of existing databases and found the same problem in each. It is not possible to see the list of options in a ComboBox although the list is there. It is as if the fore colour is white and the back colour is white. If you select one of the options the text then appears in the control, black text on a white back ground. As a quick test i have created a new form and inserted a combobox, again the details of the options is not visible although the selected option text appears in the control after i make a random selection. I have checked all the visibility and colou...

Problems with printing

Printing--How not to Print Bkground

Sections of Text Being Marked as Figures
When I add and position images in a Word 2007 document, it will (apparently randomly) decide that some sections of text are figures. They can be edited as usual, but this messes up the automatic figure numbering in image captions. If the document has an automatically updating field for the figures, it will insert the whole body of text that it thinks is a figure into the table (this is sometimes several paragraphs). Deleting and re-typing the text does not seem to help (this can also be very time-consuming to re-type several sections that add up to a few pages in larger docu...

Text vs. Number
Why is is that if I have a tab-deliminated file or csv file that I open in excel the following happens: If the field has twelve digits (a UPC code) -- say 068888701648 -- that when it gets into the Excel spreadsheet is drops the front zero and calls it a number. I don't want that to happen. Also when I export to a csv file I want the field to be a text field -- "068888701648" -- as opposed to a number. This is the reason. What I've been doing up to this point is creating a custom format -- 000000000000 -- twelve digits. Most UPC codes have a zero at...

How do you customize the 'Print View'?

converting column of text to text box for repetitive records
Hi, I have a spreadsheet which contains employee information including job skills. My problem is that each skill (cook,candlemaker, etc.)creates a new row for that employee, duplicating fields that don't change, name, ss#,etc with the only new info in the row being the skill Like this: Jane doe,123456789,555-555-5555,cook Jane doe,123456789,555-555-5555,candlemaker What I want is 1 row for each employee with the last column containing all the skills in a text box or separated by commas. Is there an easy way to do this in Excel? Or even Access? Thanks, Clark --- Outgoing mail is certifie...

Printing in Vista

When hitting REPLY my picture in my signature (Rich Text Format) doesn't show up
Instead of the picture i get: << OLE Object: Microsoft Word Picture >> How can I get the picture to also be shown after I hit REPLY? Any ideas anyone? Tim :-) ...