Printer status?

Hi to everyone!

I don't know if this argument is OffTopic. Anyway I would like to seriously
discuss about Getting the status of a common windows printer.

I think I've read most of the threads about this argument. Most of them
suggest to view an example on an MSDN article ... something like Q160129
"How To Get the Status of a Printer and a Print Job"...or anyway suggest to
use the  PRINTER_INFO_n structures...

Well, this DOES NOT WORK!. Probably I make some mistakes... but if is true
that there are some structures like PRINTER_INFO_n, that have an entry for
the status... is also true that this entry is not correctly updated by the
printer driver.

In my application I would like to know at least if the printer is
ONLINE/OFFLINE... but the best would be knowing the status like..
Printing... out of paper...etc...

If someone could do this (non only using MFC...every method is accepted),
please tell me!!

I use Windows XP professional.

Thank you and sorry if I am Off-Topic.

Antonio

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

[Your message is not really off-topic]
It's entirely possible that your printer driver is not properly
cooperating with the Win32 API and not filling the structure members as
necessary.  However, in order for us to give better help, we need to
know what your code looks like, and what printer/driver combination you
are working with.

In article <eqLpJh$FEHA.712@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>,
supNOerpSPetta@hotAMmail.com says...
> I don't know if this argument is OffTopic. Anyway I would like to seriously
> discuss about Getting the status of a common windows printer.
>
> I think I've read most of the threads about this argument. Most of them
> suggest to view an example on an MSDN article ... something like Q160129
> "How To Get the Status of a Printer and a Print Job"...or anyway suggest to
> use the  PRINTER_INFO_n structures...
>
> Well, this DOES NOT WORK!. Probably I make some mistakes... but if is true
> that there are some structures like PRINTER_INFO_n, that have an entry for
> the status... is also true that this entry is not correctly updated by the
> printer driver.
>
> In my application I would like to know at least if the printer is
> ONLINE/OFFLINE... but the best would be knowing the status like..
> Printing... out of paper...etc...
>
> If someone could do this (non only using MFC...every method is accepted),
> please tell me!!
>
> I use Windows XP professional.
>
> Thank you and sorry if I am Off-Topic.

Citrix Printer Problem
When running on our Citrix server, everytime we change companies in Dynamics the printer changes from the user's default to another printer. Anyone know how to make Dynamics stay with the default printer? We are running Dynamics Ver 7.0 and Citrix Metaframe XP Ver 1.0 on a Windows Sever 2003. Thanks Hi How is the GP client installed on the Citrx server? Are all the users using the same DEX.ini file? "JEK" <JEK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0BB7F031-0E3C-4BF0-91AD-1160B34EC642@microsoft.com... > When running on our Citrix server, everytime...

Payables Cheque
When printing a payables cheque (Transactions > Purchasing > Print Cheques), after selecting Process, I am prompted to print to the screen, printer or a file. Is there a way to default this always to the printer & not even be prompted for it. Thanks Yes, in Posting Setup (Administration>Posting>Posting) select the Purchasing Series and Computer Checks Origin. In the bottom section of the window, you'll see each of the reports that print when you hit Process. You can de-select the ? to prevent the system from asking for the destination, de-select the Scre...

Printer status?
Hi to everyone! I don't know if this argument is OffTopic. Anyway I would like to seriously discuss about Getting the status of a common windows printer. I think I've read most of the threads about this argument. Most of them suggest to view an example on an MSDN article ... something like Q160129 "How To Get the Status of a Printer and a Print Job"...or anyway suggest to use the PRINTER_INFO_n structures... Well, this DOES NOT WORK!. Probably I make some mistakes... but if is true that there are some structures like PRINTER_INFO_n, that have an entry for the status... is...

Why is printer driver receiving JPG?
Hello, I'm working on a printer driver based on the Oemuni example from the DDK. The problem is that OEMBitBlt (and other functions) are receiving jpegs as the destination source (as identified by psoDest- >fjBitmap == BMF_JPEG). In my EnablePDEV, I'm setting the DEVINFO->flGraphicsCaps2 flag to 0 (even though it should already be 0). Am I understanding the documentation wrong or should psoDst not be in jpeg format? On Jan 19, 4:51=A0pm, Agromatic <sutton1...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I'm working on a printer driver based on the Oemuni ex...

PDF Printer as default GP printer
I have my PDF printer set up as my default printer. When printing a SOP Invoice - it asks me where to create the file to....is there a way to setup a default file location for the creating of PDF's? Thanks Andrea, This issue cannot be done through GP since GP is only sending the printing job to the printer, you may need to look in the application settings that created this printer. For printers created by Adobe PDF follow steps below: 1. Right click the printer. 2. Go to Advanced Tab 3. Click on Printing Defaults. 4. Uncheck "Prompt for Adobe PDF filename" Regards, -- M...

Domain users cannot print on networked printer in SBS 2003 R2 netw
Hi , I have an Epson CX11NF printer networked to a server running SBS 2003 R2. The printer has been added to the server and I can print from the server. When logged onto a network client as a domain admin I can print. When logged on as a domain user on a network client I cannot print (error printing). When logged on as a domain print operator on a network client I cannot print. Domain users have the correct permissions on the server Windows Temp and Spool folders. I have the same results whether the printer properties are set for spooled printing or direct to printer printing....

How to add OnHold status to the close task form
Hi, I am new to CRM and would like to add a new status "OnHold" in the drop down in the task close form. Can anyone pls help me out??? Thanks and Regards Prasad HI Prasad, With the current version it is not possible , you can definitely do it in the next version. Rgds SAM "Prasad" wrote: > Hi, > I am new to CRM and would like to add a new status "OnHold" in the > drop down in the task close form. Can anyone pls help me out??? > > Thanks and Regards > Prasad > ...

MSPOS: Number of printers available
Refresh my memory please, why are we allowed only 2 printers for each register? I have access to 7 printers on my network, why can't I print to most of them. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/News...

Stock Status timing
I am struggling to determine the exact timing of when to run this report at month-end. In other words, at what point in the various modules posting process is the perfect timing? Is it run after all SOP transactions are posted? How about Receivings transactions - after these are all posted? If month-end is 9/30, and a SOP transaction is created in Oct, will this be a problem (even if it isn't posted)? Sorry for the basic question, have just really had a difficult time getting this report to match the GL at month end. Thanks ...

users should administer printers not administrators
Great Plains administration of printers (Unnecessary administration is required) Named Printers is obviously a flawed idea. The administrator of the GP program should not be involved with the user period…. The basic concept is that the administrator knows every printer in the company or multiple companies in my case, the users and where all things should print… That’s a phenomenal amount of memory required to do a simple job… As an administrator it’s best to stay out of the way of all the users needs, keep with the security issues and have as little to do with Let the user assign his ow...

Networked Printer
We have a HP 2605dtn that is shared out on a Windows 2003 server. This week people have been complaining that PDF files take a long time to print. It prints a page, then stops, then starts back up. The driver on the server is a PCL6 driver. I have had problems in the past with PCL6 drivers, so I went to HP's site, but did not find a PCL5 driver, just a PostScript driver. I downloaded that and changed the driver on the server. Now on my PC, it's saying "printer not found on server". The share name is the same. If I change it back to the PCL6 driver, my ...

what is printer port set-up for wireless printer
I'm having difficulty printing to hp adhoc lan See http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00035871&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=&product=305980&rule=8674 -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professional basis. "arubabob" <arubabob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1DC43EB1-2F98-4A40-87AD-80034B45BF59@microsoft.com... > I'm having difficulty printing to hp adhoc lan ...

Status Bar #3
I am writing an MDI application. Is there any way I can update the text on the status bar from CMyAppView.cpp (inherits from CFormView)? The help that I saw on MSDN only tells you how to update the text in CMainFrame, not in anywhere else... I am new to MFC, and I am so lost in all these doc/view/frame/wnd concept.. Thanks Hannah wrote: > I am writing an MDI application. Is there any way I can update the text on the status bar from CMyAppView.cpp (inherits from CFormView)? The help that I saw on MSDN only tells you how to update the text in CMainFrame, not in anywhere else... I am new t...

Random Users losing network printers in GP
Hello all, We are running 2 GP application servers on a Citrix environment, and randomly users are missing their network printers when trying to print. Becasue we have such tight deadlines, our users get frustrated having to log in/log out of GP to hopefully see the printers again (somtime 4-5 times). The network printers can be seen for the user on the server, however the individiual user does not have it as an option to choose in GP. SO I have ruled out the spooler. I don't know what to do next. Any suggestions? As always thanks for a response! We had a similar printer problem and solv...

print copies at printer instead of sending multi-copies to printer
Does anyone know how to send 1 copy of the page to a hp color laser and have the printer itself make the copies to save time / bandwidth. I noticed that it was sending a new copy of the page for each copy. ...

2.0
One annoying problem in 1.3 was having to print a workorder to reset the default printer after viewing a transaction from POS lane with different printer. I thought 2.0 was supposed to fix this problem? ...

Status Code
In the RMS manager,database, checks, inside the checks property, there are status code 3- status code 7, can i change the status code to something else. For example, if i can change the status code 3 to "call the police". hi TJW, Never do such thing, as these codes are maintain for the transaction type, and these transaction are, sales, return, inventory, PO, received, transfer etc. Don't do this ever. Akber "TJW" wrote: > In the RMS manager,database, checks, inside the checks property, there are > status code 3- status code 7, can i change the status ...

printer will not printer
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have successfully installed an HP DeskJet K60 and it shows as a valid, usable printer. When I try to print a document, it appears very briefly on the "printer screen" showing that it is printing, showing me as user and the correct document name with the correct sending time. But then it simply disappears from the screen without actually printing. Nothing is left in the queue. ????? Have you checked the HP site for an updated driver? Have you installed the 10.6.1 Update? Have you repaired disk permissi...

Remote Desktop Connection for Mac
Hi, I connect to a Windows 2000 terminal server with my Apple Powerbook G4 (running OS X 10.2.8). To connect, I use "remote desktop connection 1.0.1 for mac". http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.aspx?pid=download&location=/mac/DOWNL OAD/MISC/RDC.xml&secid=80&ssid=9&flgnosysreq=True I would like to be able to use my local printer on the terminal server. How do I do this ? I have an Epson Stylus Color 740i. The problem is, that I think I need to install it on the terminal server, but that's Windows so it expects Windows-drivers. Once I install it there, it won&...

check printer status.. emergency
i am baffled by this for a while already.. really frustrating... how can i check the printer status from my application program.. i used visual c++ 2005 professional, on the windows xp sp2 platform, while my program is running, i need to know after i send out a print command (StartDoc, StartPage, EndPage, EndDoc..), I want to know the printer status, i.e. whether there is a offline of the printer, or out of paper, jammed, etc. I checked nearly all the documentation about this, find all the code snippets are useless.. document Q160129 "How to get the status of a printer and a pri...

Auto-Install Printers on Clients SBS2008
SBS2008 I seem to recall a link to steps on setting up an AD policy for doing this. When I add a new XP client to an SBS2003 network the printers are automatically installed on that client including drivers. I know SBS2008 does not do this but can do this if I publish and create an AD policy to do this for me. Anyone that that link on the creating the policy? Thanks! -Richard K ...

Modifying Task Status List
Hello folks, I just have a small question about Outlook tasks. What I want to know is, is there any way I can add items or change the list of status. I want to add my own items like Wating for Parts, Wating for customer pick up. Can I do that? or can I create my own list? thanks for your time. No, they are hard-coded. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Jatt Surma asked: | Hello folks, | | | I just have a small q...

Dealing w/ Star Receipt Printers
I have to install some OPOS on a couple of Star200(?) series printers tomorrow. Anyone have any great suggestions or tricks? I have read alll over the boards the issues people have with the Stars, and I am really not looking forward to this. The documentation is spotty and I have been told that even if I do get it configed properly and everything working w/out issues, it will likely just drop the drivers again almost right away. -- Jocelyn I have to disagree with these statements. We have 2 Star200 printers in use and have not had ANY problems with using them. We have them with the ...

MSN Network status
This is interesting, considering that today's date is 11 Dec 2006: MSN Money Network Status Recent Events Date of Last update to Network Status Dec 17, 2006 Ah - Back to the Future! -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "Chris Cowles" <spam_magnet@remove-me-bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:uNE2xbaHHHA.3424@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > This is interesting, considering that ...

CRM 4.0 Email Router - Incoming Status: Failure
I just rolled out an upgrade from CRM 3.0 to 4.0, and my current issue is I cannot get the Incoming profile in the Email Router to validate. Every time I use "Test Access" using various setup options it replies: Incoming Status: Failure - The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel. The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure. The SSL certificate that our exchange site uses is self signed and installed on the server. According to IE it is a valid certificate and issues no errors. I...