Precompiled Headers and error C2859

Hi,

I have just converted a project from VS2003 to VS2005 and am now
encountering the following problem.

WHen rebuilding my project i get the error message C2859 reporting that the
pdb file is not the pdb file that was used when the pch was recreated,
recreate the pch file.

Bearing in mind the project had just been rebuilt after I manually deleted
the pch file this seems a strange warning.

This happens consistently.

The only solution I have found to remove this problem is to delete the pch
file as a pre-build event. That seems the wrong solution as it defeats the
object of a pch file.

Is there a solution property that I should set to either prevent the error
in the first place, or to avoid the rpoblem altogether?

TIA

Tony

-1
7/10/2006 10:41:43 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

This happens when you try an incremental build after switching compilers.  Do a "rebuild
all".  If this also fails, just delete the .pdb file or .pch file once.
				joe
On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 11:41:43 +0100, "Tony" <lazyherbert@homeandresting.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have just converted a project from VS2003 to VS2005 and am now
>encountering the following problem.
>
>WHen rebuilding my project i get the error message C2859 reporting that the
>pdb file is not the pdb file that was used when the pch was recreated,
>recreate the pch file.
>
>Bearing in mind the project had just been rebuilt after I manually deleted
>the pch file this seems a strange warning.
>
>This happens consistently.
>
>The only solution I have found to remove this problem is to delete the pch
>file as a pre-build event. That seems the wrong solution as it defeats the
>object of a pch file.
>
>Is there a solution property that I should set to either prevent the error
>in the first place, or to avoid the rpoblem altogether?
>
>TIA
>
>Tony

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15972)

MTA error 9318
We have just installed a new server to work with our current Exchange 2003 server. The first thing I did was use ADUC to move my mailbox to the new one and send/receive mail, all OK. Then I tried to set up Public Folder replication. Seems OK and shows both source and destination if I try to send contents etc BUT the public folders never get to the second server. Event viewer on the first server shows event ID 9318, an RPC communications error occurred. Unable to bind over RPC. Locality table (LABT) index 3, Windows 2000/MTA error code 9297 comms error 9297, bind error 9297 The fi...

internal error 2755.110
Hi, I have packaged my program in .msi file. But installation does not work in some computers, run time error "internal error 2755.110". Can anybody help me? Thanks in advance. Fred Google this error. There are tons of hits regarding this. OR post it in a installation/MSI related group. -- Ajay On Jun 9, 11:15 pm, "Fred Yu" <jean_y_f...@sohu.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I have packaged my program in .msi file. > But installation does not work in some computers, run time error "internal > error 2755.110". Can anybody help me? > > Than...

Error report on Outlook Express
Unable to logon to the server using Secure Password Authentication. Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'mail.comcast.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR authorization not enabled', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18- This is the error message I am receiving. I have talked with Comcast and my settings are correct. I called microsoft and this is what they told me to do. I can read my mail on Comcast, but much prefer Outlook. I hope someone can assist. Thank you. D'Ann Runk <grandmarunkinfl@comc...

HTTP 500 error opening mails in OWA
First, an apology for a large cross-posting... Since upgrading our Exchange 2000 Standard to Exchange 2000 Enterprise, then applying Exch SP3, we have been having a problem with OWA. When any user (internally or externally) tries to open any email they receive an HTTP 500 error. They can logon ok, create messages, read posts, contacts, appointments etc, just not open emails. We are encrypting the OWA server with SSL which sits behind ISA server which all worked well until the upgrade. This also occurs if the administrator logs on. To date, I have reapplied Exchange SP3, Windows 2000 SP4, co...

'Freeze' Report Header and Page Header in screen view
Hello everyone, I have multiple reports that are quite long when viewed on screen. They print fine, with appropriate 'headings' on each page, but is there any way to 'freeze' the Report Header section and the Page Header section so they remain visible on screen when scrolling down through the report? (Like 'freeze panes' in Excel). I'm working with Access 2007. I have gained a great deal from these newsgroups; I really appreciate the people who give up their time to answer questions. Thank you in advance for any response! -- cheers pamb Pam ...

Insert statement with errors
Hi, I am getting the error Too few parameters Expected 1 when i try to run the following SQL statement: strSQL = "INSERT INTO BudgetGST ( Idbranch, Avril )" & _ " SELECT Idbranch, (Avril*cGST)" & _ " FROM GrossMois WHERE GrossMois.IdBranch = " & num Avril is a field from GrossMois that contains a value and cGST is a constant. can anyone tell me what is wrong Thanks Alain What's this: (Avril*cGST) If it is meant to be 2 fields multiplied together, supply an alias for the result: strSQL = "INSERT INTO B...

Ever Seen this error in a Fresh Install of CRM?
When I start the locahost and try to create a Sales Territiry and Save I get this error: ------------------------- Server Error in '/' Application. A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (crmFormSubmitXml="<territory><name>Oak..."). Description: Request Validation has detected a potentially dangerous client input value, and processing of the request has been aborted. This value may indicate an attempt to compromise the security of your application, such as a cross-site scripting attack. You can disable request validati...

text box truncating on access group header
I have an access report that I have placed a text box in one of the group headers and it is only showing 255 charecters. If I place the same text box in the detail section it shows all charecters. How do I get all to show in the header, I have got can grow/shrink to yes and it is not in the sorting/grouping under view. I am guessing that the textbox's ControlSource field is in the Sorting & Grouping list for the report? If yes, ACCESS will truncate the string to 255 characters because it must group on that field -- and grouping on a field causes ACCESS to limit the string to 2...

Error on Page Internet Explorer 6
I am getting messages which say error on page which are in a yellow triangle Some internet sites which you normally click on dont respond at times. Muc of the functions of web sites work. javascript is mentioned but the fault is not given I am running Win 2000 Pro and I have loaded SP1 and sun java latest version from web site I have played about with the java controls in Explorer- tools- internet options without sucess I have a net gear hardware firewall. I think as I computer user I'm really stuck and having jus spoken to our pc guy he's got the same problems too Can anyone help me- ...

Headers / footers in Excel
Hello there This drives me mad.... how can I automatically repeat a header or footer into each worksheet of an Excel workbook? Somebody please help!! I currently go in and manually change each one, which is a real pain, when I want exactly the same header/footer in each worksheet. Any advice gratefully received! Thanks. Hi select all required sheets (hold down the CTRL key while doing this). After this apply your header/footer -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Airbags" <Airbags@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:340C971B-1B7F-409A-8896-A...

How to fix the header & Footer.
We send invoices in EXCEL format every month. We use the file and path to insert the month of the invoice. but when our customers open the file. It shows THEIR path instead of ours. Is there any possibility of sending this information without changes? we need to see the same text in the footer regardless the computer that we use. we know we can make a pdf and in this way it doesn't change but we need to know if there is an option WITHIN excel that we can use. Thanks a lot and have a good day! Hi AFAIK there's no option for this. you have to enter the path information manually!...

Buffer Overflow Error
I can not get on my system because of a buffer overflow error titled "lsass. exe" Is there something I can do without having to re-image my hard drive and lose all my data? Please help The Local Security Authority Service is a critical Windows component. What happened to cause this problem? Can you access your system at all? You should post this in the Windows Admin newsgroup. Nue "Confuses" <u20196@uwe> wrote in message news:5de894e67636a@uwe... >I can not get on my system because of a buffer overflow error titled >"lsass. > exe" > > ...

Publisher 2003 Banner Printing error
I just purchased Publisher 2003 and want to print some banners, but the print is different to what is on my moniter screen. When I had Pulisher 2002, everything was fine, but with the Publisher 2003 in my system, the second I click the print button, what I see on my monitor suddenly enlarges way beyond the top and bottom of the page, resulting in a print I cannot use. Can someone out there please help me with this error? Have you actually printed the banner? What does it look like in print preview? You might want to look into an updated printer driver. Go to the manufacturer's web ...

Error code 80070424 02-02-10
I can't update windows, can't validate windows, can't download from microsoft, Tried all the possable setting adj. I could find within IE tools/Internet options/security/custom level... My O.S. is vista home basic that came with my acer laptop. Active x seems to be the problem more than likely cause I think would be a virus that got to activex. I did try some differant tools even found a scanner repair tool on a microsoft site, it did find the errors but when it connected back to the site for repair it had a connect error and failed. just like everthing on the microso...

Progress Tracking in Group headers
A customer has an interest in seeing summary level tasks for work that is of interest to them. I guess most of these could be considered phases from their point of view. Unfortunately our schedule was built to suit our WBS divisions and our phases. I found that by using a custom field with predefined values, I was able to simulate their summary schedule by carefully populating representative tasks and grouping on a custom field. In our case we happened to use Text3 for Grouping. The initial planning cast forward, works fine with summary-like Gantt bars that extend from t...

Error Message: RPC Server is unavailable. Win32 c00706ba
Hi! Since a couple of days I get an error message within the System Manager MMC of Exchange 2003 SP2 if I try to open the database property tab of a mailboxstore from my desktop. This is very strange because if I try to open the same tab from the Exchange Server directly everthing works fine. SP2 is installed on both - server and desktop. Does anybody has got a hint for a solution or even an explanation for that?! Hi Take a look at the following MS KB: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/320073/en-us The symptoms are a little similar and the error is the same, and I suspect the problem...

Close header button
I am in a footer and the "Close Header and Footer" button is not illuminated and will not work. If you can't get the "Close Header and Footer" button to work, press the escape key and it will close the head and footer. "Miriam" wrote: > I am in a footer and the "Close Header and Footer" button is not illuminated > and will not work. If the "close header and footer" button does not work, press the escape key and it will close the header and footer. "Miriam" wrote: > I am in a footer and the "Cl...

ROLLBACK on error
I would like that on error, the rollback of transaction is executed. But I don't wont to check @@error after each INSERT or some other statement. Is it possible to check it only at the end of the procedure? Otherwise I'll have hundreds of IF statetements to check after each insert or similar. In this example the first and last record remain in the table. Rollback is not executed, because I check @@error after last insert, which is successfull . thanks, Simon CREATE TABLE [dbo].[testTable]( [rowID] [tinyint] NOT NULL, [rowValue] [varchar](50) NOT NULL, CONSTRAINT [...

Question About Creating Precompiled Headers
I added an #include at the end of stdafx.h. All seemed to work well in debug mode. Then, when I switched to Release mode, I get a bunch of the following errors: MyFile.cpp(4) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open precompiled header file: 'Release/SCLib.pch': No such file or directory What am I supposed to do to tell VS to create the file? Thanks! -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits Programming http://www.softcircuits.com "Jonathan Wood" <jwood@softcircuits.com> wrote in message news:uUwbsJbkDHA.988@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I added an #include at the end of stdafx.h. Al...

Precompiled headers
I have been using precompiled headers with no problem until now. I wanted to try something and so made another project and copied all of the .cpp and .h and .rc files out of the working project into the new project and I can't seem to make a precompiled header file. I don't remember ever having to make one before, it just happened I guess, but not this time. What do I need to do? I'm using vc6 Thanks, Ken Select the stdafx.cpp file from your File View tab, right click and select settings. On the C++ tab select Precompiled Headers from the combobox. Make sure Create precompile...

Headquarters Error
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0015_01CA19B3.1DB545E0 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1"; reply-type=original Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Does anyone know how to resolve the following Headquarters error: <<CStateMachine::ExecuteState>> Error 7: Not enough storage is available to complete this operation. (Unhandled Error, state = '9') I received the error while running a Worksheet 401. My environment is the following: Server 1 Windows Server 2003 SP2 SQL Server 2000 EE SP4 4 GB ...

VS7 Add Variable Wizard Error
All of a sudden, the Add Variable wizard is crashing out with 'Line 479 -= Invalid Procedure call or argument'. Anyone come across this ? I get around it by adding the control variables by hand which actually is a= lot faster so I might stick to that. Ian Semmel wrote: >All of a sudden, the Add Variable wizard is crashing out with 'Line 479 - Invalid Procedure call or argument'. > >Anyone come across this ? Yes. I've got a project in which one dialog (out of several) is effectively dead to the wizard. >I get around it by adding the control variables by...

does anyone know how to stop a rtl100.bpl error
I am getting the rtl100.bpl error on startup anyone know how to fix it "gigi" <gigi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:81F59F48-CB0C-4286-A924-2121BB8CF0C5@microsoft.com... > I am getting the rtl100.bpl error on startup anyone know how to fix it Google's first hit referenced Spyware Doctor. Do you have it or have you just uninstalled it? -- "Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." And this is something to do with Office? "gigi" <gigi@discussions.micros...

Applying a Header to Workbook
How do I apply a header to an entire workbook? What I really want is for the header to print on every page. I would also like the page numbers to appear as the footer. Thanks for your help, Kerri You need to right click over any Sheet tab and choose Select all sheets. The tabs will all appear white. This means that they are linked and whatever you do to one sheet will be done to them all. Go ahead and insert the Header and Footer as normal. Hope this helps Judith >-----Original Message----- >How do I apply a header to an entire workbook? What I >really want is for the ...

Installation problem with error message
This message appears when I try to install my old Publisher 98 CD: "Object 95 - Your setup files may be damaged. Try restarting the Setup program from where you originally ran it." The CD itself is clean. I get as far as Typical Installation and then the message comes up. Thank you in advance for your help. Disable your anti-virus software. Create a new folder on your hard-drive and install Publisher there. You might be able to install in safe mode. PUB98: TSRs May Cause Setup Problems for Publisher http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;178567 PUB98: &...