Post-Create hook for CListCtrl

Hi,

I've got a class CListCtrlEx derived frmo CListCtrl and I want to enable
    Full Row Select somewhere.
But in which message handler should I put this call?

SetExtendedStyle(GetExtendedStyle() | LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT);
0
OlafvdSpek (88)
10/14/2004 2:04:17 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Olaf van der Spek wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've got a class CListCtrlEx derived frmo CListCtrl and I want to enable
>    Full Row Select somewhere.
> But in which message handler should I put this call?
>
> SetExtendedStyle(GetExtendedStyle() | LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT);

Normally I would say overwrite the Create. There first call the the
Create of the basic class followed by the SetExtendedStyle or modify the
styles parameter before calling the basic Create.
I think PreSubclassWindow could be used to.

crimson13
"Olaf van der Spek" <OlafvdSpek@GMail.Com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I've got a class CListCtrlEx derived frmo CListCtrl and I want to enable
>     Full Row Select somewhere.
> But in which message handler should I put this call?
>
> SetExtendedStyle(GetExtendedStyle() | LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT);

See if you can do this in an override of PreSubclassWindow.
--
Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP]

0
jeffp (1711)
10/14/2004 2:23:23 PM
crimson13 wrote:

> Olaf van der Spek wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've got a class CListCtrlEx derived frmo CListCtrl and I want to
>> enable    Full Row Select somewhere.
>> But in which message handler should I put this call?
>>
>> SetExtendedStyle(GetExtendedStyle() | LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT);
>

> Normally I would say overwrite the Create. There first call the the
> Create of the basic class followed by the SetExtendedStyle or modify the
> styles parameter before calling the basic Create.
> I think PreSubclassWindow could be used to.

Can you also use LVS_ styles there? I thought only WS_ styles could be
used there.
And I tried this call after calling Create, but that didn't work (the
style wasn't enabled).

> crimson13
0
OlafvdSpek (88)
10/14/2004 2:26:28 PM
If you are not creating the control using the ListCtrlEx.Create() call (that
is, if you use DDX_Control to do the subclassing from a dialog resource),
PreSubclassWindow should be used as OnCreate wont be called. Otherwise,
OnCreate is the place to make style modifications.

To make sure that the control will get initialized with fullrowselect when
created using dialog resource or dynamic create calls, an Init function
which does the style modification could be called from OnCreate and
PreSubclassWindow.

HTH

Jeff Partch [MVP] wrote:
> "Olaf van der Spek" <OlafvdSpek@GMail.Com> wrote in message
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I've got a class CListCtrlEx derived frmo CListCtrl and I want to enable
>>    Full Row Select somewhere.
>>But in which message handler should I put this call?
>>
>>SetExtendedStyle(GetExtendedStyle() | LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT);
>

> See if you can do this in an override of PreSubclassWindow.

void CListCtrlEx::PreSubclassWindow()
{
	SetExtendedStyle(GetExtendedStyle() | LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT);
	CListCtrl::PreSubclassWindow();
}

I put a breakpoint in this function and it's not called at all.
0
OlafvdSpek (88)
10/14/2004 2:33:06 PM
> void CListCtrlEx::PreSubclassWindow()
> {
> SetExtendedStyle(GetExtendedStyle() | LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT);
> CListCtrl::PreSubclassWindow();
> }
>
> I put a breakpoint in this function and it's not called at all.

If it's not called at all, I can only assume that the control HWND is not
being subclassed by the framework at all. Please elaborate on your
implementation.
--
Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP]

0
jeffp (1711)
10/14/2004 2:48:26 PM
"Priyesh" <PriyeshPadmavilasom@cougarmtn.com> wrote in message
> If you are not creating the control using the ListCtrlEx.Create() call
(that
> is, if you use DDX_Control to do the subclassing from a dialog resource),
> PreSubclassWindow should be used as OnCreate wont be called. Otherwise,
> OnCreate is the place to make style modifications.
>
> To make sure that the control will get initialized with fullrowselect when
> created using dialog resource or dynamic create calls, an Init function
> which does the style modification could be called from OnCreate and
> PreSubclassWindow.

FYI, PreSubclassWindow is called in both cases. About the only two things
that can't be done directly in PreSubclassWindow are creation of secondary
windows and SendMessage calls that rely on the subclass message-map. For
those things, you can usually use PostMessage.
--
Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP]

0
jeffp (1711)
10/14/2004 2:53:48 PM
Jeff Partch [MVP] wrote:
> "Olaf van der Spek" <OlafvdSpek@GMail.Com> wrote in message
>
>>void CListCtrlEx::PreSubclassWindow()
>>{
>>SetExtendedStyle(GetExtendedStyle() | LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT);
>>CListCtrl::PreSubclassWindow();
>>}
>>
>>I put a breakpoint in this function and it's not called at all.
>

> If it's not called at all, I can only assume that the control HWND is not
> being subclassed by the framework at all. Please elaborate on your
> implementation.

I've got an MFC dialog app. I've got member vars for the controls and I
just changed the type of those vars from CListCtrl to CListCtrlEx.

This is my DoDataExchange():
void CXBTClientDlg::DoDataExchange(CDataExchange* pDX)
{
	ETSLayoutDialog::DoDataExchange(pDX);
	//{{AFX_DATA_MAP(CXBTClientDlg)
	DDX_Control(pDX, IDC_PEERS, m_peers);
	DDX_Control(pDX, IDC_FILES, m_files);
	//}}AFX_DATA_MAP
}

0
OlafvdSpek (88)
10/14/2004 2:57:01 PM
> Jeff Partch [MVP] wrote:
> > "Olaf van der Spek" <OlafvdSpek@GMail.Com> wrote in message
> >
> >>void CListCtrlEx::PreSubclassWindow()
> >>{
> >>SetExtendedStyle(GetExtendedStyle() | LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT);
> >>CListCtrl::PreSubclassWindow();
> >>}
> >>
> >>I put a breakpoint in this function and it's not called at all.
> >

> > If it's not called at all, I can only assume that the control HWND is
not
> > being subclassed by the framework at all. Please elaborate on your
> > implementation.
>
> I've got an MFC dialog app. I've got member vars for the controls and I
> just changed the type of those vars from CListCtrl to CListCtrlEx.
>
> This is my DoDataExchange():
> void CXBTClientDlg::DoDataExchange(CDataExchange* pDX)
> {
> ETSLayoutDialog::DoDataExchange(pDX);
> //{{AFX_DATA_MAP(CXBTClientDlg)
> DDX_Control(pDX, IDC_PEERS, m_peers);
> DDX_Control(pDX, IDC_FILES, m_files);
> //}}AFX_DATA_MAP
> }

That looks and sounds all right. The only other thing I can think of is that
your DoDataExchange isn't being called. Can you do the breakpoint thing and
verify that?
--
Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP]

0
jeffp (1711)
10/14/2004 3:21:25 PM
Thanks Jeff. You are right, PreSubclassWindow will be called in both cases.
Sorry about the incorrect information in my post.

Could you also explain why creation of secondary windows from
PresubclassWindow would be a problem?

Jeff Partch [MVP] wrote:
> "Olaf van der Spek" <OlafvdSpek@GMail.Com> wrote in message
>
>>Jeff Partch [MVP] wrote:
>>
>>>"Olaf van der Spek" <OlafvdSpek@GMail.Com> wrote in message

>>>If it's not called at all, I can only assume that the control HWND is
>
> not
>
>>>being subclassed by the framework at all. Please elaborate on your
>>>implementation.
>>
>>I've got an MFC dialog app. I've got member vars for the controls and I
>>just changed the type of those vars from CListCtrl to CListCtrlEx.
>>
>>This is my DoDataExchange():
>>void CXBTClientDlg::DoDataExchange(CDataExchange* pDX)
>>{
>>ETSLayoutDialog::DoDataExchange(pDX);
>>//{{AFX_DATA_MAP(CXBTClientDlg)
>>DDX_Control(pDX, IDC_PEERS, m_peers);
>>DDX_Control(pDX, IDC_FILES, m_files);
>>//}}AFX_DATA_MAP
>>}
>

> That looks and sounds all right. The only other thing I can think of is that
> your DoDataExchange isn't being called. Can you do the breakpoint thing and
> verify that?

Yes, it's being called.
0
OlafvdSpek (88)
10/14/2004 4:10:42 PM
> Jeff Partch [MVP] wrote:
> > "Olaf van der Spek" <OlafvdSpek@GMail.Com> wrote in message

> > not

> >>I've got an MFC dialog app. I've got member vars for the controls and I
> >>just changed the type of those vars from CListCtrl to CListCtrlEx.
> >>
> >>This is my DoDataExchange():
> >>void CXBTClientDlg::DoDataExchange(CDataExchange* pDX)
> >>{
> >>ETSLayoutDialog::DoDataExchange(pDX);
> >>//{{AFX_DATA_MAP(CXBTClientDlg)
> >>DDX_Control(pDX, IDC_PEERS, m_peers);
> >>DDX_Control(pDX, IDC_FILES, m_files);
> >>//}}AFX_DATA_MAP
> >>}
> >

> > That looks and sounds all right. The only other thing I can think of is
that
> > your DoDataExchange isn't being called. Can you do the breakpoint thing
and
> > verify that?
>
> Yes, it's being called.

Then I am completely stumped, Olaf. Sorry. :(

Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP]

0
jeffp (1711)
10/14/2004 4:23:54 PM
Jeff Partch wrote:
> "Olaf van der Spek" <OlafvdSpek@GMail.Com> wrote in message
>
>>Jeff Partch [MVP] wrote:
>>
>>>"Olaf van der Spek" <OlafvdSpek@GMail.Com> wrote in message

>>>not

>>>That looks and sounds all right. The only other thing I can think of is
>
> that
>
>>>your DoDataExchange isn't being called. Can you do the breakpoint thing
>
> and
>
>>>verify that?
>>
>>Yes, it's being called.
>

> Then I am completely stumped, Olaf. Sorry. :(

Hmm, me too. In BOOL CWnd::SubclassWindow(HWND hWnd) I see the call to
PreSubclassWindow() but it goes to CWnd:: instead of CListCtrlEX::.

> Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP]

0
OlafvdSpek (88)
10/14/2004 5:07:02 PM
Jeff Partch wrote:
> "Olaf van der Spek" <OlafvdSpek@GMail.Com> wrote in message
>
>>Jeff Partch [MVP] wrote:
>>
>>>"Olaf van der Spek" <OlafvdSpek@GMail.Com> wrote in message

>>>not

>>>That looks and sounds all right. The only other thing I can think of is
>
> that
>
>>>your DoDataExchange isn't being called. Can you do the breakpoint thing
>
> and
>
>>>verify that?
>>
>>Yes, it's being called.
>

> Then I am completely stumped, Olaf. Sorry. :(

A Rebuild All solved the issue. And this code does the trick:
void CListCtrlEx::PreSubclassWindow()
{
	CListCtrl::PreSubclassWindow();
	SetExtendedStyle(GetExtendedStyle() | LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT);
}

Thanks everyone.
0
OlafvdSpek (88)

Right click to create new file with Excel 97
We use Excel 97 at our office on Windows XP Professional. A couple of users want to be able to create new files by using new from the right click menu and selecting Microsoft Excel Worksheet. The creation of the file works fine in that the filename is filename.xls. When they open the file and add information and then try to save the file, Excel wants to save as tab delimited. Creating a file by opening Excel first works just fine. We have tried this on several computers and the results are the same. For convenience is there some way to change this behavior? ...

Posting old bills
I am setting up Money 2006 to tract income and expenses for a rental property, but I need to back date it to 1/1/2007. How do I enter bills and deposits made in the past? Thanks Go to the account register and enter the manually. Just click on the next blank transaction and go to town. You may want to make sure you are using Advanced Register. If there are subsequent transactions already in these accounts and you have balanced the accounts to statements--as though these transactions were already entered--then you will have to adjust account beginning balances and/or Account Adjustment...

* OWA... (Third Post)
Microsoft? If you're concerned about security then you should respond to this question. We cannot make this OWA server available on the Internet without applying the latest SP and critical updates. =========================== Our OWA Exchange 5.5 server (Windows NT Server) recently died and we replaced it with a Windows 2000 Server. We installed Exchange 5.5 OWA then applied Exchange SP4. Everything was working until we apply Windows 2000 SP4. Everytime we logon we get "OWA was unable to get to your inbox" error. As soon as we un-installed Windows 2000 SP4, OWA wo...

Can't create public folders
I'm in the middle of setting up and deploying a new Exchange 2003 server. This is a new server and was not upgraded from a previous version of Exchange. This is also the only Exchange Server in the organization. I am able to create a public folder from my Outlook client. This folder is available to other users but it does not show up in AD Exchange Objects. When I go to System Manager, it does show up under Servers/Server/FSG/Public Folder Store/Public Folders. It does not show up under Folders/Public Folders. When I try to create a new folder in SM under Folders/Public Foldes it...

How Do I create a worksheet with rows and columns #2
I need help Creating A document in Excel, with rows and columns When you open Excel it should by default open a new workbook (file) with 3 worksheets. Each worksheet in Excel has 256 columns and 65536 rows (even if you do not use them). Simply fill out the cells that you need. Does this help? "airpage" wrote: > I need help Creating A document in Excel, with rows and columns ...

How do I create a drop down list in Excel 2003
How do I create a drop down list in Excel 2003. I've tried to use the help menu and I cannot figure it out. See: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Lenny" <Lenny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F05DEA1-E264-4760-9DDE-3C97319AA1D4@microsoft.com... > How do I create a drop down list in Excel 2003. I've tried to use the help > menu and I cannot figure it out. ...

In excel, how do i create a box on a form for a customer to click
how do I create a box on a email excel form for a customer to click on to acknowledge they agree with the terms and it automatically put a check mark in the box. ...

To the sender of the MI5 posts
I am not sure if you read responses or (like most other spammers) just see the web as a place where you are free to say whatever you want without fear of contradiction. Who knows? Either way - this section of this site is site is specifically here so that anyone with a comment, question, point to rise, etc regarding access databases can post with the knowledge that other likeminded people may read their post. It is not here as a general forum to discuss other matters. I have no doubt that if you are blocked from posting you will see this as yet another indication that MI5 is after yo...

Custom draw not working with CListCtrl
I have a subclass of CListCtrl that I've created so that I can do my own custom drawing. The problem is that the NMHDR being passed in doesn't seem to be of the NMLVCUSTOMDRAW type. I can cast the pointer to LPNMCUSTOMDRAW and all of the data is good. If I cast it to LPNMLVCUSTOMDRAW, only the data in the nmcd members are valid. The iSubItem, clrText, etc are all garbage values. What's going on here? I've included some relevent code here: class CSeriesListCtrl : public CListCtrl { .... public: afx_msg void OnNMCustomDraw(NMHDR *pNMHDR, LRESULT *pResult); } BEGIN_MESSA...

How do you create a pull down menu
I'm trying to create a pull down list for a column of cells that you can only select one of three names from this pull down menu. Thanks in Advance Ted 3M You can use Data>Validation. There are instructions in Excel's help files, and here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html Ted Jillett wrote: > I'm trying to create a pull down list for a column of > cells that you can only select one of three names from > this pull down menu. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

How do I create very small graphics in ONE cell?
I have data like following and I want to creat a line or 3 bars to reflect the numbers in ONE cell so that people can quicky scan through the trend. 3,225 2,356 1,087 I tried wizard but it doesn't look good when you minimize it. I tried autoshape but couldn't let the ahotopshap connect to the numbers. My boss said he has seen people do this before. Does anyone know how to do it? Thanks! There's a couple of ways to go. The first is to adapt the idea behind Using Worksheet Cells to simulate a graph http://www.tushar- mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/worksheet_as_chart...

What's the difference between Cross-posting and Multi-posting
And thanks for the discussion earlier... although the rudeness was unneeded. Sign me, A New User (and learning from you all) rochgal, you wrote on Thu, 22 Sep 2005 14:53:03 -0700: > What's the difference between Cross-posting and Multi-posting Cross-posting = You send one posting to several newsgroups. Multi-posting = You send several postings (with the same content) to several newsgroups. -- Best Regards Christian Goeller Some misspellings, grammatical or linguistical mistakes found? All corrections would be appreciated! ...

Post to GL
Hello I am having a problem with a setting within Great Plains 8.0 service pack 2. I have posting setup to only allow posting from the batch level for Inventory. But when you go into Inventory Batches the check box for post to gl is not marked. If I have it setup in posting to post to the gl shouldn't this check box be marked in inventory batches? -- Thanks, Brian Apples and oranges. The post to GL checkbox on the inventory batch window tells the system whether an IV transaction will post at all. The posting settings in tools --> setup --> posting tell the system w...

Crash in CFileDailog when called from hook procedure (OFNHookProc)
I have created a customzied CfileDialog dialog box by attaching a child dialog to it using the hook procedure (OFNHookProc (....) ). Now that child dialog also has a browse button that also uses CfileDialog to select another file. This is done in repsonse to the WM_COMMAND message. The creation of the modal dialog box is fine. It does all the operations for selecting the file but when I select the concerned file and press the open button then the application crashes and the control goes to objcore.cpp as shown below BOOL CObject::IsKindOf(const CRuntimeClass* pClass) const { AS...

Intrastat posting issue
We are a UK company using intrastat. At the moment we cannot post invoices directly (thru) to the General ledger because we are getting an error saying that the 'intratsat information is missing'. When we click on an invoice that won't post in the Sales Transaction Entry screen, and click on the blue EC flag box, all the intrastat data is there and correct. Then when we post it goes through to the GL correctly. It seems that it will only post to the GL if every single line is checked (via the Blue EC flag) on the sales invoice regardless of the fact that all the date is alr...

Access 2002 bug: "dynamic" forms problem
There was no respond to my original post in microsoft.public.access.forms (May 5th 2007) about a fortnight so I try it here... ��������������������������������� A while ago we had a discussion about A2002 (sub)form which changes dynamically from code (hide/unhide controls, change subfom's width, etc.). There's a problem if I make some changes in code when the form is open: if I save changes, A2002 saves controls positions & subform's size as well. This is a BIG A2002 BUG and it's really annoying. Why Access forms don't behave as Visual Basic forms? I don't want Acc...

I want to use publisher to create a cover for a CD case
-- Rod the video guy I want to have a picture on the front and back and text info on the spine. Can this program do this and if so, which template or how do I do it? In the Wizard under labels is a good place to start. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Rod" <Rod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3B83AD9-B181-46B6-AD80-98724B311061@microsoft.com... > > -- > Rod the video guy > I want to have a picture on the front and back and text info on the spine. > Can this program do this and if so, which template or how do I do it? Templates here http://ww...

where is my post??
twice now I have typed up my post & sent it. So where is it? On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 08:41:36 -0700, Stapes <steve.staple@gmail.com> wrote: >twice now I have typed up my post & sent it. So where is it? On Google Groups: 1184773041.958329.270430@e16g2000pri.googlegroups.com Google's been having some problems lately, maybe it's temporarily unavailable. John W. Vinson [MVP] You mean the multiple posts with subject "Cancel = true"? I see 3 of them, and Allen Browne's already provided an answer. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I...

My post not posted!
A couple of times when I've posted a reply to a recent post (same day), and later tried to view it, I found the header with a line drawn through it, and the following in the message body view pane: Message is no longer available on the server Windows Live Mail is unable to retrieve the requested message because the server no longer has the message available. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- News servers regularly expire articles as they get older to make space available for newer articles. IMAP servers can be accessed by multip...

Cannot send newsgroup post with an attachment
I can send and receive posts using Outlook Express 6 newsgroups. I do not use html. When I send a post that has an attachment, e.g. a 160kB jpg that post never shows up as having been sent. How can I fix this? regards, "nobody" I can't speak for others, but msnews has a 100KB limit. If I have a need to post a graphic, I upload it to TinyPic and post the link to it. TinyPic: http://tinypic.com/ -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "news.microsoft.com" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message ...

Editing Sales Rep in a Posted Transaction
Does anyone know if there is a way to recall a transacrion just to change the associated sales rep? Hello Scarpa, You cannot change a transaction that has happened via the system's interface. You could modify the database using SQL or Access or a number of other tools... however that may not be the right thing to do. One of my clients was having this happen quite often... for example John sold it but it was rung up under Peter... so we created a return reason code for wrong sales rep... the cashier basically recalls the transaction for return.... picks the reason code and then eit...

I cant create an MDE File
Hi all , In my project in Access, i have converted to acess 2003, then I tried to create an MDE but not able to do it. when i tried to create any other simple access file, it is creating in seconds.... but when i try to make my project , the access screen blank, and hourglass will appear for long time , more than 30 minutes, finally i will close the access... can any one help me how can i create it.... Open up the VBA window by pressing Ctrl + g at the same time. Go up to Debug on the menu. Then select Compile which is the top option. If it is already grayed out, th...

creating snapshot during development
Because of the annoying feature that I cannot remove unwanted fields, I want to take 'snapshots' during development to create multiple undo's -- is it enough just to backup database _metabase & _crm & simply restore them to undo changes ? Hi, this should be fine, If you are creating new business units and security roles, I would also backup your system state (AD info) as the BU and roles are stored in the AD. I have discovered (the hardway), that restoring the CRM database to a point before the changes to the BU etc will cause your installation to be out of sync. I...

Using Acces or Excel How Can I create a Raido Button or Something to Click on to Dial a Phone Number?
Using Access or Excel we are going to create a database including phone numbers. How can we create a radio button something that can be clicked on to dial a phone number? when the call is answered a person needs to discuss an appointment time. The large database will be sorted daily so a point/click phone dialer will be very helpful. Thanks, Mike There is some wizard code to an autodialer. In the form's Design View, make sure the tool box wizard is on (the magic wand) amd click on the command button tool and draw a button on the form. When the wizard starts, click on Miscellane...

Unable to create new calendar item appointment
This was my question. Google and Google groups did not answer. Here's the solution: Open Task Manager End Outlook.exe process Restart Outlook You should be able to create a new appointment or meeting. 1. Yes I know restarting computer works but some of us work for a living, have many programs open and restarting is a hassle. 2. Something I also tried - might help with other problems. ~ Close Outlook, then Start > Run = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\OUTLOOK.EXE" /cleanserverrules 3. What flagged it for me was I've got my settings so that Outlooks asks ...