possible to show an XML file using CHTML?

I have a XML file, and it uses XSL to parse it to HTML. That XSL file
also contains javascript.
I just want to know if CHTML would be able to display the XML file and
parse it usign XSL just like internet explorer does?
Is CHTML basically an "IE plugin" that we use in MFC? If so then I'd
assume it would work.
I just want to make sure....

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You can use CHtmlView to display it.

Or you can use the IWebBrowser control.
http://www.codeproject.com/miscctrl/simplebrowserformfc.asp

AliR.

"Kourosh" <kderakhshan@msn.com> wrote in message
> I have a XML file, and it uses XSL to parse it to HTML. That XSL file
> also contains javascript.
> I just want to know if CHTML would be able to display the XML file and
> parse it usign XSL just like internet explorer does?
> Is CHTML basically an "IE plugin" that we use in MFC? If so then I'd
> assume it would work.
> I just want to make sure....

0
AliR3470 (3235)

Files opening with different file names
Good afternoon/morning. Having a strange issue with Excel at present. If a file is sitting on my desktop, called invoices.xls, I click on it to open, and it opens as invoices1 The same happens if I 'explore' to the file. However, if I open excel and then click 'file''open' then click on the file, it opens as invoices.xls. When trying to save invoices1 it will save as invoices1.xls, then if I open this it will open it as invoices11 I'm running Windows 2000 with Excel 2000. Any help/guesswork would be appreciated! It sounds like the default behavior when you ...

Is it possible

having trouble creating chart to show monthly totals
Hi I'm using office XP. I keep a single spreadsheet were I record orders received. Its a very simple sheet with one order per row. In col B I place the date the order was received (in the format DD/MM/YY) I'd like to make a chart (pie or column) which displays the total number of orders per month so that I can see at a glance when were busy and quieter periods. I've tried using the wizard but all I ever get is a mess and not what I expect to see at all. I suspect I may need to separate my data by month? But is there a way for Excel to work that out for itself from a sin...

Menu bar not showing after API Call
Thanks for reading this. I'm trying to get my custom menu bar working after an API call that maximizes the screen. It is from a Login form that puts the form on the desktop. These are the two routines that I'm using. The problem is that when Access Hides and then reopens [Maximizes] it maximizes so big that none of the menus are showing. Not even my custom menu which I need. Maybe there's something in the code that shuts out everything else. I don't know Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) 10 On Error GoTo ErrorPoint DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSizeToFitFor...

Inserting Customers into HQ using SQL
We are writing an integration to RMS HQ Customers from an application called Campus View. I'm trying to write an insert statement to insert into the Customer table. I first tried inserting a record without explicitly setting the ID or HQID fields in the script to see if SQL would auto-generate these key fields for me. I received an error that null values weren't allowed. I tried manually creating a customer to see what ID values it would assign. Rather than starting at 1 and auto incrementing it appears to be choosing very long numbers to assign as the ID fields. For exampl...

Personal Folders in OWA

Merging excel files
Hello everyone, I have one excel file for every day of the month since June 2003. I would like to create one file per month and merge the daily file into it...is there another way to do it other than copy/paste? Please help there is a lot of files what are the names of your files "Raul V" <pacificinet@aol.com> wrote in message news:0fa401c377e3$026dd5e0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hello everyone, I have one excel file for every day of the > month since June 2003. I would like to create one file per > month and merge the daily file into it...is there another > way t...

MFC and batch files
Greetings, I posted similar topic here few weeks ago. I appreciate the responses. I have succesfully converted a batch file into a MFC dialog based application. Immediate results are a lot faster execution and detailed error reporting. Instead of calling other programs to do the task like a batch file does, I embedded C++ code, MFC and WinAPI functionality to do the same things. However, since this is my first major project, I am certain there is room for improvment by following good software engineering practices. One place where I am encountering trouble is terminating application. S...

embedding Word files in cells of Excel 2003
(I am a beginner with Excel) Each month I send an email with an xls attachment. The xls contains cells which contain quotation reference numbers for Word documents. This is for ISO2000 documentation tracking. Now I also send seperate emails each with the Word quotation attached but I'm being told that when these emails are later opened the attachment is not always present. Is it possible for me to link the quotation to the cell so that after emailing the xls the recipient can open the Word quotation by clicking on the relevant cell? Beemer I'm not sure you could link the ...

Formatting to show/not show "DUE" and "RECEIVED" in cell
Hi, I am setting up a register to show when/if my drivers have handed in their Tacho charts on time. So far I have this formula at C7 and now I'm stuck :-( =IF(A2>B4+14,"DUE") A2 is =today() B4 is whatever the week commencing date may be. What I would like is for "DUE" to appear in C7 14 days after the week commencing date at B4 (so far so good!!), but when I put the number of charts received in B7 "DUE" would be changed to "RECEIVED". Hope it makes sense and you can help. Thx "kevhatch" wrote: > Hi, I am setting up a r...

Search file and within the file
Hi, I have several files in a folder most of them are CVs in word format, I want to create a query or access program to get the subject with some criteria - any ideas? If I search for a particular Text, that should check and matching file name and also inside the word file. I tried google desktop search, coppernic search and even the MS Search - but nothing helped in a way I want. I appreciate your valuable time. Rgds Anver, To develop a bespoke Access application will take much effort and involve using Windows APIs. I suggest you don't want to do this. Instead consider upgrad...

Blocking fields to avoid use in formulas
Is there any possibility to block the particular field in order to avoid users to use invalid fields in formulas ? regards Peter You can lock and unlock cells (then protect the worksheet) so that users can't change certain cells. But if you allow them to type a formula into a cell, then I can't think of anyway of stopping them from pointing at A1 when A1 shouldn't be used. Is that what you meant? If it is, maybe someone else has a way... If it's not, maybe you should rephrase your question. Piotr wrote: > > Is there any possibility to block the particular field i...

.eml file extension
When trying to open an attachment that has a *.eml extension I get the following pop-up error message. "Paint cannot read this file. This file is not a valid bitmap file, or its format is not currently supported." Any suggestions? Regards Rightclick the file, choose Open With... and select Outlook Express. Mark it to set it as the default application for eml-files. Note that this is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsg...

How do I copy a Word File to an email that has numbered lists in
When I send an email and copy a Word Document that has a numbered list in the body such as 1. 2. 3. etc. the numbers for each line disappear in the email message. How can I prevent this? Email messages generally don't preserve formatting. Send the Word doc as an attachment, or (probably better) convert it to pdf and send that. On Feb 23, 4:05=A0pm, Edward P <Edward P...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I send an email and copy a Word Document that has a numbered list in= the > body such as 1. =A0 2. =A0 3. =A0etc. the numbers for each line disappea...

Problem saving spreadsheet as xml
I have MS Office 2003 and an Excel spreadsheet that I want to save as an "xml", for use on my website but I want to password it so that anyone viewing it online can't change anything. When I select "Save" and then "Tools" (as I have been shown to do and it worked for them!) and then "General Options", I get a dialogue box headed "Save Options" but both "Password to View" and "Password to Modify" are greyed out and I can't do anything with them. I selected, instead, "Read-only recommended", thinking t...

Animated GIFs and file types
Sorry about this, I'm a neophyte when it comes to Publisher, but I am the support person. I have an upper leverl mgr who is heck bent on using Publisher to create a company newsletter. I know he can save it has an html, but I'm unable to get it to (& he demands that) his GIFs be animated. Any ideas? Thanks! Ooops, version is Pub 2002. >-----Original Message----- >Sorry about this, I'm a neophyte when it comes to >Publisher, but I am the support person. >I have an upper leverl mgr who is heck bent on using >Publisher to create a company newsletter. I kno...

form calculation not showing in table
Hi i have a table with loan amount and charges which add up to create a balance which is also a field in the table. i have created the form for this table and created the calculation for the balance field to add up the loan amount and charges. The calculation on the form adds up correctly, the problem is that i dont understand why the balance data is not going into the balance table. the loan amount and charges inputted on the form is being entered onto the table, yet the balance is not. Can someone tell me what i am doing wrong, or if i should be doing it a different way. thanks in ...

Disable Recieving of files
I want to setup a mailbox on my server so that a user can send emails to their home email account, but not be able to recieve. Is this possible? Michael, Could you rephrase the question? I am not sure what you are trying to do. You can setup a contact that will forward e-mails sent to the server to another address. -- Jared Gradle Exchange Support Professional ****** Disclaimer ****** This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Note: Please do NOT reply to this e-mail address. It is used for newsgroup purposes only. "Michael San Filippo...

Huge 460MB file inside' \exchsrvr\imcdata\out ' folder
This is been happening for a few days and just started. Exchange5.5 SP4 on Win2k AS SP2 cluster. I would get a huge ass 460MB file inside the \exchsrvr\imcdata\out folder. This file disappears as soon I perform an online backup using Veritas Backup Exec utilizing Exchange Agent. I don't know if this is related to the fact that we have only some 5.7GB out of 50GB free where the information store files reside. Can someone please shed some light on this before it blows up.. thanks "dude" <dude@aol.com> wrote: >This is been happening for a few days and just started....

Editing XML data relation line
I am working on a program where I am retrieving data from an Access database through one common dataset. I have already put the database connection component on the form as well as the two data adapters. Here is where I am having problems. I double click on the .xsd file and then go to the schema menu and select add|new relationship. My table names are Employee and Payroll. Employee ID is a primary key in the Employee table and a foreign key in the Payroll table. I need to define a DataRelation link with Employee ID. The problem is that when the parent table is set to Employee and the ch...

ON 07: Huge File Size
I have a section in ON 07 with about 7 pages. Most have very little on them. There are 2 or 3 screen clips and several items that were pasted. When I check Windows Explorer it shows the section is 52MB (MEGA, not kilo)! This seemed impossible to me, so I saved it as a pdf file. As a pdf file, it is 804KB (KILO)! This seems like the right size. I have WinXP (sp3)-- if it matters. What is happening here? David What size are the pasted files? And how large (would you estimate) the screen clippings are? -- Thanks, John Guin OneNote Test Team http://...

Macro / Autofilter / Show All Data
Hi, I wrote in the macro ActiveSheet.ShowAllData but if no filtering is set, I get error message. Is it possible to say something like If 'filtered...' Thanks and regards, Cousin Excel The easiest way will be by adding: On Error resume Next as the first command of the macro. Micky "CousinExcel" wrote: > Hi, > > I wrote in the macro > ActiveSheet.ShowAllData > but if no filtering is set, I get error message. > Is it possible to say something like > I...