Popup menu fails to notify ONE type of owner but not another

I have a problem with an owner-drawn popup menu class failing to notify its
owner window when the user clicks on items in it.  The strange thing is that
it only fails to notify SOME owner but not others.  If I supply a different
owner for the TrackPopupMenu calls, it works fine.

Call this class, "CPopup"

To illustrate:

1. I have a CWnd derivative called CMyCtl.  It has a button on it
2. The user presses the button and my control has a handler.
3. In the handler I instantiate a CPopup object and call TrackPopupMenu to
bring up the menu..  The menu pops up just fine.

    void CMyCtl::OnMenuButton(void)
    {
        CPopupMenu menu(this);

        (... code to Determine X, Y, and flags...)

        menu.TrackPopupMenu(uiFlags, x, y, this);
    }

Unfortunately, though the menu draws fine and highlights fine as I move my
mouse over it, clicking on any of the owner-drawn items does nothing.  My
owner receives no windows messages when the users clicks on the items and
the menu won't go away until I click OUTSIDE of it.

But if I use a DIFFERENT owner window -- ANY different owner window, it
works great.

    void CMyCtl::OnMenuButton(void)
    {
        CSomeOtherWindow* pOther = &m_wndOther

        CPopupMenu menu(pOther);

        (... code to Determine X, Y, and flags...)

        menu.TrackPopupMenu(uiFlags, x, y, pOther);
    }

Now, clicking the menu items properly dismisses the popup menu and sends a
WM_COMMAND notification to the owner ('m_wndOther').

Can anyone help me figure out why the menu will not disable itself when my
control is its owner?  Does TrackPopupWindow somehow check the STYLE of the
owner window?

(Note:  CMyCtl IS a valid window with a valid handle.  It already receives
WM_COMMAND messages for the button press so I know it's working).

Thanks for your time

-Joe

0
joe4469 (4)
1/19/2006 9:42:01 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

It's not very clear for me how you are currenly handling your events, but if
you should have BS_NOTIFY and handle the right WM_NOTIFY message.

for instance a WM_NOTIFY for a list view....
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/commctls/listview/notifications/nm_customdraw_listview.asp

Hope it helps.

--
None

"Joe O'Leary" wrote:

> I have a problem with an owner-drawn popup menu class failing to notify its
> owner window when the user clicks on items in it.  The strange thing is that
> it only fails to notify SOME owner but not others.  If I supply a different
> owner for the TrackPopupMenu calls, it works fine.
>
> Call this class, "CPopup"
>
> To illustrate:
>
> 1. I have a CWnd derivative called CMyCtl.  It has a button on it
> 2. The user presses the button and my control has a handler.
> 3. In the handler I instantiate a CPopup object and call TrackPopupMenu to
> bring up the menu..  The menu pops up just fine.
>
>     void CMyCtl::OnMenuButton(void)
>     {
>         CPopupMenu menu(this);
>
>         (... code to Determine X, Y, and flags...)
>
>         menu.TrackPopupMenu(uiFlags, x, y, this);
>     }
>

> Unfortunately, though the menu draws fine and highlights fine as I move my
> mouse over it, clicking on any of the owner-drawn items does nothing.  My
> owner receives no windows messages when the users clicks on the items and
> the menu won't go away until I click OUTSIDE of it.
>
> But if I use a DIFFERENT owner window -- ANY different owner window, it
> works great.
>
>     void CMyCtl::OnMenuButton(void)
>     {
>         CSomeOtherWindow* pOther = &m_wndOther
>
>         CPopupMenu menu(pOther);
>
>         (... code to Determine X, Y, and flags...)
>
>         menu.TrackPopupMenu(uiFlags, x, y, pOther);
>     }
>
> Now, clicking the menu items properly dismisses the popup menu and sends a
> WM_COMMAND notification to the owner ('m_wndOther').
>
> Can anyone help me figure out why the menu will not disable itself when my
> control is its owner?  Does TrackPopupWindow somehow check the STYLE of the
> owner window?
>
> (Note:  CMyCtl IS a valid window with a valid handle.  It already receives
> WM_COMMAND messages for the button press so I know it's working).
>
> Thanks for your time
>
> -Joe

0
xoreaxeax (3)
1/19/2006 11:22:01 PM
Sorry, I am not sure I understand your response.  It thought BS_NOTIFY was
for buttons?  I have a CMenu and a generic CWnd derivative (called CMyCtl)
neither of which are buttons.

Are you sure I should apply BS_NOTIFY to something?  To what then?

The button I mentioned early on in my description is just one that the user
presses to get everything started.  I should not have mentioned that as it
otherwise plays no part in this scenario.

"xor_eax_eax" <xoreaxeax@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> It's not very clear for me how you are currenly handling your events, but
> if
> you should have BS_NOTIFY and handle the right WM_NOTIFY message.
>

> for instance a WM_NOTIFY for a list view....
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/commctls/listview/notifications/nm_customdraw_listview.asp
>
> Hope it helps.
>
> --
> None
>

> "Joe O'Leary" wrote:
>
>> I have a problem with an owner-drawn popup menu class failing to notify
>> its
>> owner window when the user clicks on items in it.  The strange thing is
>> that
>> it only fails to notify SOME owner but not others.  If I supply a
>> different
>> owner for the TrackPopupMenu calls, it works fine.
>>
>> Call this class, "CPopup"
>>
>> To illustrate:
>>
>> 1. I have a CWnd derivative called CMyCtl.  It has a button on it
>> 2. The user presses the button and my control has a handler.
>> 3. In the handler I instantiate a CPopup object and call TrackPopupMenu
>> bring up the menu..  The menu pops up just fine.
>>
>>     void CMyCtl::OnMenuButton(void)
>>     {
>>         CPopupMenu menu(this);
>>
>>         (... code to Determine X, Y, and flags...)
>>
>>         menu.TrackPopupMenu(uiFlags, x, y, this);
>>     }
>>

>> Unfortunately, though the menu draws fine and highlights fine as I move
>> my
>> mouse over it, clicking on any of the owner-drawn items does nothing.  My
>> owner receives no windows messages when the users clicks on the items and
>> the menu won't go away until I click OUTSIDE of it.
>>
>> But if I use a DIFFERENT owner window -- ANY different owner window, it
>> works great.
>>
>>     void CMyCtl::OnMenuButton(void)
>>     {
>>         CSomeOtherWindow* pOther = &m_wndOther
>>
>>         CPopupMenu menu(pOther);
>>
>>         (... code to Determine X, Y, and flags...)
>>
>>         menu.TrackPopupMenu(uiFlags, x, y, pOther);
>>     }
>>
>> Now, clicking the menu items properly dismisses the popup menu and sends
>> WM_COMMAND notification to the owner ('m_wndOther').
>>
>> Can anyone help me figure out why the menu will not disable itself when
>> my
>> control is its owner?  Does TrackPopupWindow somehow check the STYLE of
>> the
>> owner window?
>>
>> (Note:  CMyCtl IS a valid window with a valid handle.  It already
>> receives
>> WM_COMMAND messages for the button press so I know it's working).
>>
>> Thanks for your time
>>
>> -Joe

0
joe4469 (4)
1/19/2006 11:50:49 PM
"Joe O'Leary" <joe@paragon.com> wrote in message
>I have a problem with an owner-drawn popup menu class failing to notify its
>owner window when the user clicks on items in it.  The strange thing is
>that it only fails to notify SOME owner but not others.  If I supply a
>different owner for the TrackPopupMenu calls, it works fine.
>
> Call this class, "CPopup"
>
> To illustrate:
>
> 1. I have a CWnd derivative called CMyCtl.  It has a button on it
> 2. The user presses the button and my control has a handler.
> 3. In the handler I instantiate a CPopup object and call TrackPopupMenu to
> bring up the menu..  The menu pops up just fine.
>
>    void CMyCtl::OnMenuButton(void)
>    {
>        CPopupMenu menu(this);
>
>        (... code to Determine X, Y, and flags...)
>
>        menu.TrackPopupMenu(uiFlags, x, y, this);
>    }
>

> Unfortunately, though the menu draws fine and highlights fine as I move my
> mouse over it, clicking on any of the owner-drawn items does nothing.  My
> owner receives no windows messages when the users clicks on the items and
> the menu won't go away until I click OUTSIDE of it.
>
> But if I use a DIFFERENT owner window -- ANY different owner window, it
> works great.

Only because I see nothing else, is there anything in the implementation of
CPopupMenu that could possibly account for this?
--
Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP]

0
jeffp (1711)
1/20/2006 12:02:19 AM
Here is the header

http://home.earthlink.net/~jmoleary/code/help/fillmenu.h

and implementation

http://home.earthlink.net/~jmoleary/code/help/fillmenu.cpp

This is the slightest bit simplified (collapsed a base and derived class
into one and removed some company-identifying information) but this is the
code which the menu runs

The "control" window that invokes all this contains two child windows.
1. On the left is a bitmap button that shows and applies a graphical "fill
style.  Pressing this button does other stuff in my program that has nothing
to do with any of this

2. a thin bitmap button with a down-arrow symbol on it.  Pressing THIS
button causes us to
bring up the popup menu in the two source files above.

Do you see anything in the menu class that could be causing this?  Note that
this exact same menu works just fine with any other window specified as the
owner.  It's only when I specify my control window that things stop working.
In once case I even specified button #1 (above) as the owner and THAT window
started getting the WM_COMMAND messages from the menu.

Strange

"Jeff Partch [MVP]" <jeffp@mvps.org> wrote in message
> "Joe O'Leary" <joe@paragon.com> wrote in message
>>I have a problem with an owner-drawn popup menu class failing to notify
>>its owner window when the user clicks on items in it.  The strange thing
>>is that it only fails to notify SOME owner but not others.  If I supply a
>>different owner for the TrackPopupMenu calls, it works fine.
>>
>> Call this class, "CPopup"
>>
>> To illustrate:
>>
>> 1. I have a CWnd derivative called CMyCtl.  It has a button on it
>> 2. The user presses the button and my control has a handler.
>> 3. In the handler I instantiate a CPopup object and call TrackPopupMenu
>> to bring up the menu..  The menu pops up just fine.
>>
>>    void CMyCtl::OnMenuButton(void)
>>    {
>>        CPopupMenu menu(this);
>>
>>        (... code to Determine X, Y, and flags...)
>>
>>        menu.TrackPopupMenu(uiFlags, x, y, this);
>>    }
>>

>> Unfortunately, though the menu draws fine and highlights fine as I move
>> my mouse over it, clicking on any of the owner-drawn items does nothing.
>> My owner receives no windows messages when the users clicks on the items
>> and the menu won't go away until I click OUTSIDE of it.
>>
>> But if I use a DIFFERENT owner window -- ANY different owner window, it
>> works great.
>>

> Only because I see nothing else, is there anything in the implementation
> of CPopupMenu that could possibly account for this?
> --
> Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP]

0
joe4469 (4)
1/20/2006 12:44:53 AM
> Here is the header
>
> http://home.earthlink.net/~jmoleary/code/help/fillmenu.h
>
> and implementation
>
> http://home.earthlink.net/~jmoleary/code/help/fillmenu.cpp

Joe,

Nothing obvious jumps out at me, and I can't imagine what else it could be.
Sorry for wasting your time. :(

--
Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP]

0
jeffp (1711)
1/20/2006 1:18:01 PM
No worries.  Thanks for taking a look.

It took me a couple of days to figure out exactly what was going on and I've
spent too much time on this so I decided to work around it.

I've worked around the problem by creating a tiny "forwarder" window class.
I overrode its WindowProc function to forward any WM_COMMAND messages it
receives to its parent.  My control creates it (as the parent) and now
passes IT as the owner of the menu.  The menu now properly sends the
WM_COMMANDs to this forwarder which then forwards it to the control as
intended.

Bizarre.

I appreciate the your efforts (and the those of xor_eax_eax)

-Joe

> "Joe O'Leary" <joe@paragon.com> wrote in message
>> Here is the header
>>
>> http://home.earthlink.net/~jmoleary/code/help/fillmenu.h
>>
>> and implementation
>>
>> http://home.earthlink.net/~jmoleary/code/help/fillmenu.cpp
>>

> Joe,
>
> Nothing obvious jumps out at me, and I can't imagine what else it could
> be. Sorry for wasting your time. :(
>
> --
> Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP]

0
joe4469 (4)

What type of graph and how?
I need to help my daughter graph her results of her scienc experiement...Which is the strongest paper towel? She used 3 brands o paper towel. She used 3 items each of a different weight. She trie the 3 items on the 3 brands for the first round. None broke. Th second round she doubled the weight of each of the 3 items. One pape towel brand failed on all 3. The third round she tripled the weight o each of the 3 items. Only one paper towel brand withheld all 3 items. Can't figure out how to graph this. 3 paper towel brands, 3 items o different weights, the 3 items increased in weig...

554 TRANSACTION FAILED
When anyone from my domain emails anyone at AOL, the message below is returned immediately. Any ideas? Unable to deliver the message due to a communications failure The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=IMG;l=KINGMAIL-051102204650Z-132 MSEXCH:IMS:IMG:IMG:KINGMAIL 3554 (000B09AA) 554 TRANSACTION FAILED On Wed, 2 Nov 2005 13:05:07 -0800, "MikeO" <MikeO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When anyone from my domain emails anyone at AOL, the message below is >returned immediately. Any ideas? > > >Unable to deliver the message due to a...

password popup
HI, I'm using Outlook 2002 and every time i open it password window pops up. I tried everything. I changed my password with ISP, i went to the settings and verified name,password and every imaginable combination i could think of. i even went to security settings and set my privacy to low and i still get the same password pop up.Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Check you connection settings. Are they set to manual? If so, it will prompt you for your password. Check under tools email accounts and be sure the connection type is set to automatic Vickie >-----Original Messa...

Handling Popup Menu Commands in Parent ?
Hi guys, I have a CWnd-derived child window that has a popup menu (when you right click), I want to handle some (not all) of those menu commands in the parent. I can get the parent to handle them by using GetParent() in TrackPopupMenu() but then the child can't handle any. If it's a big pain I can handle them all in either the child or the parent but maybe it's pretty easy to do ? Thanks. R. I did it like this: // My Cwnd-derived custom view BOOL CLayoutView::OnCmdMsg(UINT nID,int nCode,void* pExtra,AFX_CMDHANDLERINFO* pHandlerInfo) { // let child have first crack at ...

Excel 2007
I'm running into an issue with a range of cells in a spreadsheet where nothing shows up in the cell as I type. I can see the cursor moving to the right to show that I'm typing something, but the value that I'm typing doesn't actually appear in the cell until I hit <Enter>. I'm maintaining a large workbook with lots of formulas and named ranges. It was built by someone who no longer works here, so I'd rather not blow it away and start over. It appears it was built using Excel 2003. I'm now managing the file in Excel 2007. I've been adding records to t...

Changing caption,Dynamically adding menu,Scrolling text #3
Hello to everyone, I am involved into the development of the Toolbar for the Internet Explorer using COM & WTL. I have got stuck at one point,so It is my request to all experts to help me out. I have been successful in building the drop-down list by using BTNS_WHOLEDROPDOWN & SetButtonInfo(nID, &tbi); I set the caption for this button using AddStrings method. I want to dynamically change the caption of the button. I am simply not getting how to do this. & also I want this caption to scroll from left to right. Is it at all possible to do so?? If yes how?? I have checked Cod...

Two servers behind one public IP
I am currently running an email server on our AS400 to handle our email. I am replacing this AS400 based email server with an Exchange Server 2003. I currently have a single public IP address assigned to our outside firewall/router. The router is configured to direct all SMTP and POP3 to our AS400 based email server. I would like to leave the AS400 setup and working and move users to our new Exchange server in small groups. I know this may be more of a network question, but thought maybe someone else had tried something similiar. Has anyone tried to do anything similiar? What would be t...

Delete contents of unlocked cells in another worksheet
I found some help regarding this as a post to someone elses question. The solution deletes the formatting in the cells as well. I need to keep the formatting. I'm also having trouble running the macro from another worksheet. The macro is as follows... this is the macro..... Sub clear() Sheets("Payroll - Collections - Pledges").Select ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:=Password Range("C1:AR142").Select <-RIGHT HERE IS WHERE IT HANGS! Count = 0 On Error Resume Next For Each RNG In Selection If RNG.Locked = False Then Count = Count + 1 ...

menu in a dialogbar
Hey, I'm trying to get a menu in a dialogbar, so unlike a dialog I can't use the system menu. I implemented my own version today (very idiotic principle of CWnd with a list of ownerdrawn CButtons that do TrackPopupMenu when clicked), but I was wondering if there was a better way. Google and code project didn't really provide any help :-) thx, crimson13 Have you tried simply using SetMenu on it? Why are you doing it? If SetMenu does not work, you can put a CWnd inside it and then use SetMenu on the CWnd. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "crimson13"...

menu bar is gone
I dont know how I did it, but I made the bar on Excel that has file,edit, view.. disapear. Also the bar that lets you see the formulas is gone. The hotkeys don't work anymore for the items on the bar that is gone. All of the other bars are there and working. I could not find this on the Help section and I tried to reinstall and that did not work, the menu bar was still gone. How do I get these bars back, and how did I make them disapear? Hi goto'View - toolbar' and check thses menubars -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "TA" <tatatita2@yahoo.com&...

How can I organize multiple disc sets as one album?
I have been using iTunes for many years but I decided to give WMP a try since I am using Media Center and also want a lossless codec. I configured Media Player to automatically rip the CDs as I place them in the drive. The process automatically creates a directory for each CD, even when they are the same album. I really don't want to have multiple icons in my album list, so what can I do to simply the layout after the tracks are all ripped. I spent about 10 minutes renaming both icons with a common name and then renumbering the tracks. I have about 45 more double albums t...

Folder with mixed item types
I want to have a mixed set of items in a given outlook folder. For example, I want to create a folder for a particular project that has tasks, relevant emails and notes... maybe even calendar items? Is this possible? Do I really need to write some VB to do this? Mario <mario@davirro.org> wrote: > I want to have a mixed set of items in a given outlook folder. For > example, I want to create a folder for a particular project that has > tasks, relevant emails and notes... maybe even calendar items? Is this > possible? Create a folder related to the subject and then mail/note...

Sorting 4 columns as one
I know how to sort a row of 2,000 random numbers. This might take 40 pages if I only used one column per page. ???? How can I use and sort the full page (multiple columns) where the date in column A line 50 would continue to column C1? And c50 would continue on in E1 and so on? Thanks in advance to the Excel expert. Hi John, Excel has very limited facilities for saving paper (fit to page, font, margins). You will have to maintain your sheet as the 3 columns and snake that into another sheet for display and / or printing. See SNAKECOLS, How to snake columns to use fewer pages ...

Popup required
For a longish macro (made up of a few smaller macros), what is a simple way of displaying a message box saying "operation in progress, etc", and then when the macro has finished, another message box with an OK button saying "operation completed"? For the first requirement, just create a UserForm with the appropriate message on it (I use one called 'frmWaitMsg' that just says "Building Document - Please wait...") and make sure its ShowModal property is set to false. This will allow code to run while the UserForm is displayed. Show the f...

more than one set of data labels per series?
Hi - I have a vertical bar chart. One of the bars is a "followup" score. I have used data labeling (xy data labeler or j-walk chart tools) to label the series "followup score" at the bottom of the bar, with the actual percentages. what i would like to do is add a P value at the top of that bar. that seems to entail creating another set of labels, that would run "outside end" (over the top of) the follow-up bar, which now has another data label at the bottom center of the bar. when i try to create more labels, it overwrites the other labels for the series.. is t...

vlookup no one can solve
I am trying to use vlookup to return a value, in a specified column, only if it meets a certain condition. For example in the list below I want to search for test2 and return the itme in column 2. Currently if vlookup search's for test2, it takes the first time it appears, and returns the corresponding column entry, in this case "1". I want it to keep looking until the value in column two is greater than say 4. IE how can I search for test2 in this example and return 5. I have tried to embed if then statements but have failed so far? Thanks Test1 2 Test1 3 Test1 4 Test2 1 Test2 ...

NewRow fails when using XML document as Dataset
Hi All, I am using following code snippet to add another user in Users.xml: ------------------------------------------------------------------- DataSet dstUsers = new DataSet(); dstUsers.ReadXml("Users.xml"); DataTable dtbUsers = dstUsers.Tables["User"]; DataRow drwUser = dtbUsers.NewRow(); drwUser["UserName"] = "Test User 2"; dtbUsers.Rows.Add(drwUser); dstUsers.WriteXml("Users.xml"); ------------------------------------------------------------------- Users.xml looks like ----------------------------------------------------------------...

How To: copy dialogs from one project to another ?
Do you know how to copy a dialog used in one project to a new project, can I do this from outside IDE just copy files from one directory to another ? or do I need to copy manually inside IDE. Thanks in advance for your help, Eduardo Tom Serface wrote: > > don't mess up the original. I do this all the time and it works really > well. Do you do it with VS .NET 2003? If you do, great, because it just means my installation is broken in some way. If you don't, I suspect that if you migrate to .NET 2003, you'll swear at it and stamp your foot as much as I did when I fo...

one advantage to '05
You can still use the software while it's updating online in the background, even if you don't use a passport. I don't recall being able to do that in the past with '04. -- Chris Cowles, Gainesville, FL See the following link though for some problems observed while working during an online update. http://www.jguidera.com/money_2005_bugs.htm Have you experienced any of this Chris? Regards, JB >-----Original Message----- >You can still use the software while it's updating online in the background, >even if you don't use a passport. I don't recall...

contex menu for left mouse click
Hello, how to modify contex menu code to react on Left mouse clikc not right. I've tried replacing TPM_RIGHTBUTTON with TPM_LEFTBUTTON: mnuPopupMenu->TrackPopupMenu(TPM_RIGHTALIGN | TPM_LEFTBUTTON , point.x, point.y, this); but still right button is working only. thanks Do you want to come up with the Left button, or select items of menu with left button? AliR. "adamus" <ad@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uhRWiDPsGHA.1224@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hello, > how to modify contex menu code to react on Left mouse clikc not right. > I've tried replaci...

How to support clickable URL in the balloon popup from systray icon
Hi, I am working on a project which creates a sys tray icon and occasioanlly pop up ballooon message. The project is in VC++. As per our product requirement, this pop up should support clickable URLs as well, to which I am facing difficulty. I tried adding href tags to the URL, but it is showing up as plain text. Is there any way by which I can support this feature. It would be of great help, if anyone can suggest me a solution to this. Thanks in advance, Anu You will have to display the balloon yourself. Here is a an example that does have link capabilities built-in http://www.codeprojec...

Menu colours?
How do I change the colour of the menu background in my Excel 2000 from the horrid dark grey? A change in my display options, from the control panel, has only managed to alter the colour of Word menu's. Thanks in advance douglas due to a horriable legle war fought by apple and micorsoft over GUI(which was first developed by Zerox and who wasn't in the war), i am afraid you are stuck with the microsoft colors of blue and gray. >-----Original Message----- >How do I change the colour of the menu background in my Excel 2000 from the >horrid dark grey? A change in my displ...

move data in one form to another after calculation
OK, this is what I have. I have a main form that I put patient info into. On that form I have a button that brings up a 2nd form for weight conversion. The 2nd form consists of 2 fields and a return button to go back to the main screen. I have the conversion working, but not the moving of data from the 2nd form back to the first form. I have tried adding ' [Forms]![Patient]![BirthWeight] = [Text1] / 2.2046244' to the afterupdate action on the 2nd form 1st field. This alas does not work. TIA I'm not understanding why you need a second form. I'm not clear what you want to...

Excel Closes all open excel files when I close one
If I double-click 3 different .xls files to open 3 different excel applictions, I find that they all close at the some time when I close one of the windows. I am closing the windows by clicking the "X" in the upper right corner. I am using Excel 2002 sp2. ...

popup
The following shutdown script calls up an .hta correctly. Then the script correctly pops a requester in front of the .hta seeking a response, or will time out. The second popup resulting from timing out or the user interacting, pops UNDER the .hta instead of in front. I want that second popup in front. Help? =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- begin .vbs =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Option Explicit Const gcVERBOSE = FALSE ' ### TRUE for testing Dim objShell Set objShell = Wscript.CreateObject( "Wscript.Shell" ) Sub sTerminate( strReason ) If gcVERBOSE Then Wscript.Echo no...