persistent error for altered or nonexistent line

When I am getting a persistent error (in an imported C header), even when
the particular line has been commented out, edited or even removed, where is
the error coming from, and how can I flush it?

c:\hand in hand\test\vorbisfile.h(27) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open
include file: 'codec.h': No such file or directory

0
srussell2458 (497)
6/18/2005 9:56:02 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"Steve Russell" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> wrote in message
> When I am getting a persistent error (in an imported C header), even when
> the particular line has been commented out, edited or even removed, where
> is the error coming from, and how can I flush it?
>
> c:\hand in hand\test\vorbisfile.h(27) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open
> include file: 'codec.h': No such file or directory

It is possible that your code #includes some other h file that #includes the
problem h file.

It is also possible that you are not editing the same cpp file that is being
compiled.  Do you have more than one copy of the file?

Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

0
scottmcp (342)
6/18/2005 11:29:26 PM
Also note that if a file is edited but is part of "external dependencies", then it is not
automatically saved on a rebuild, so the change is visible on the screen but has not
actually been saved to the file, so make sure the file is actually saved.
					joe

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 18:29:26 -0500, "Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]" <scottmcp@mvps.org>
wrote:

>"Steve Russell" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> wrote in message
>> When I am getting a persistent error (in an imported C header), even when
>> the particular line has been commented out, edited or even removed, where
>> is the error coming from, and how can I flush it?
>>
>> c:\hand in hand\test\vorbisfile.h(27) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open
>> include file: 'codec.h': No such file or directory
>>

>It is possible that your code #includes some other h file that #includes the
>problem h file.
>
>It is also possible that you are not editing the same cpp file that is being
>compiled.  Do you have more than one copy of the file?
>
>Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15977)
6/18/2005 11:53:47 PM
Thanks, guys.  To my surprise, I did find a duplicate header.  And I also
found that when I saved, the error did go away.
> Also note that if a file is edited but is part of "external dependencies",
> then it is not
> automatically saved on a rebuild, so the change is visible on the screen
> but has not
> actually been saved to the file, so make sure the file is actually saved.
> joe
>
> On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 18:29:26 -0500, "Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]"
> <scottmcp@mvps.org>
> wrote:
>
>>"Steve Russell" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> wrote in message
>>> When I am getting a persistent error (in an imported C header), even
>>> when
>>> the particular line has been commented out, edited or even removed,
>>> where
>>> is the error coming from, and how can I flush it?
>>>
>>> c:\hand in hand\test\vorbisfile.h(27) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open
>>> include file: 'codec.h': No such file or directory
>>>

>>It is possible that your code #includes some other h file that #includes
>>the
>>problem h file.
>>
>>It is also possible that you are not editing the same cpp file that is
>>being
>>compiled.  Do you have more than one copy of the file?
>>
>>Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]
>>

> Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
> email: newcomer@flounder.com
> Web: http://www.flounder.com

srussell2458 (497)

catching the error number
I'm catching an exception when I try to listen with my WinSocket control. To try this code I'm trying to open a socket in a port already used: try { if (m_WinSock.GetState()!=0) m_WinSock.Close(); m_WinSock.SetLocalPort( portNumber ); m_WinSock.Listen(); } catch(CException *e) { char info[300]; UINT code; e->GetErrorMessage( info, 300, &code ); TRACE( "Exception opening Server TCP Port: %s -->ID:%d\n", info, code ); } I'm trying to get the error ID into the variable "code" and always getting code=0. I don't know if 0 is the error number...

Mappings Do Not Persist Correctly in Customization File
I have noticed that when I remove default mappings that ship as part of CRM (ie: account address information to contact) and save these customizations, they do not persist when importing into a new environment. I think the reason for this is nothing is removed when doing an import into a new environment, but only added. Can someone confirm this is the case? If so, is there a plan for a more robust import process where one can remove items in 5.0? This becomes very difficult to maintain for system integrators and ISVs. Don't know about future versions. But I can confirm that is ...

Lost mouse click after displaying error dialog
I am having a problem with a modification I am doing to an old piece of code. It is using Visual C++ 5.0. Basically I have added some code to check the range of a typed in value. If the value is out of range I am using an AfxMessageBox to display an error dialog. This is all triggered in the ON_EN_KILLFOCUS handler for the entry field. The problem I am having is that after clicking the Ok button on the error dialog, the next mouse click is 'lost'. Also the mouse cursor shows as an input cursor anywhere over the application window until I do the 'extra' click, then it goes ...

Persistent Connetion
I am wanting to put in place some best practices to try and optimize a db and am working on the 'Persistent Connection', as discussed in http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/performanceldblocking.htm Now, Tony starts off talking about opening a bound form in hidden mode using DoCmd.OpenForm "frmKeepOpen", acNormal, , , , acHidden Then he goes on to talking about referencing the fields ... using forms!GlobalOptions!goReportBandingColour and forms!GlobalOptions!goCorporateLogoPathandFilename I am just a little confused since the form he originally opens was call...

trigger odbc error
All, We have been experiencing issues where users are deleting records from inventory tables and making administration a real task. I have created a trigger to run and email me what has been deleted from one of the tables. However when I test the trigger it gives me an error stating that the DELETED table is not a valid object. Below is the trigger I created and following that is the error I get. CREATE TRIGGER dbo.IV00104_delete ON dbo.IV00104 FOR DELETE AS exec master..xp_sendmail 'neil.vidt@dynavoxtech.com', @query = 'SELECT ITEMNMBR, CMPTITNM FROM DELETED', ...

Error PLEASE HELP!!!
I'm trying to syudi Ansi C in this program like suggested by my University Book, #include "stdafx.h" #include <stdio.h> #include <string.h> #include <stdlib.h> #define MAXLINES 5000 /* max #lines to be sorted */ char *lineptr[MAXLINES]; /* pointers to text lines */ int readlines(char *lineptr[], int nlines); void writelines(char *lineptr[], int nlines); void qsort(void *lineptr[], int left, int right, int (*comp)(void *, void *)); int numcmp(char *, char *); int StrCmp(char *, char *); /* sort input lin...

How do I place diagonal lines in a cell in Excel.
I would like to place diagonal lines in one or more cells in an Excel spreadsheet. How do I do this? Select the required cells. Then from the Format menu select cells. Then select the Border Tab. Choose the line style you require in the box on the right and then click just below and to the left of the work "Text" in the box on the left. Click OK. Regards Rowan "ezas1040" wrote: > I would like to place diagonal lines in one or more cells in an Excel > spreadsheet. How do I do this? Rowan, I really appreciate you taking time to answer my question. I need t...

out box error
i get this error on this accouts The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Live Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'dshipman@shipent.net'. Subject 'ttest shipent.net' Server Error: 550 Server Response: 550 not local host ...

Error: The ordinal 6880 could not be located in the DLL MFC42.DLL
I know - this is an old problem but still, I can't overcome it: A year ago I have stared receiving the above application error when I navigate to folders containing AVI files. Dismissing the dialog is followed by an apparent Windows Explorer crash and restart. ================================ The solutions I found in several sites are as follows: The WinXP file version 6.02.4131.0 *has* the ordinal 6880. Therefore, you've installed poor software installing an older version of that system file. If you're lucky, that copy was installed in a program folder and can ...

Organization Settings Error
Seems like everyone is having a similar issue with CRM 3.0, no supprise then whats following... Problem: Error message to contact sysadmin when selecting either System Settings or Fiscal Year Settings. (you can access Auto Numbering) Tried: Changed expiry on server to immediately from 3 days. Rebooted both server and client, with no fix. Deleted all cached Internet files, with no fix. Can anyone help ?? (my only other thought is to wait till Monday and see if anything hanging in the system expires (3 days)). Any help greatly appreciated. I dont know if this helps? You may have...

OFXIE12045 error message connecting to Schwab
Hi Everyone, I just started getting this message updating my Charles Schwab account -- it says It can't establish a secure connection b/c I dont' have the needed security components. I'm running M07 with Vista -- been working great up until today. any ideas? thanks! I am also getting a message that Money H&B 2008 cannot update my Schwab files. It was working fine earlier in the day but just started having the problem. I suggest waiting until tomorrow morning to see if it is a Schwab problem and clears up. I would appreciate it if you would update your status when ...

Integrating Comment Lines
Currently I am populating SOP Transaction Entry comment lines 1, 2 and 3 by padding the strings to 50 characters because using string1 & vbcrlf & string2 etc. did not work. How can I insert the strings into each line without padding? Is there some other way to create a hard return between each string to accomplish? ...

Error when connecting to HQ Manager
All, I have a weird problem. When connecting to HQ Manager, I get the following error: Invalid Object ‘# Temp’ Select * From # Temp Where [Status] IN (0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7) after which, HQ Manager shuts down. After multiple attempts I may be able to get in. If one person is able to get in, other people who may be getting the error above, using their own log in, can access HQ Manager if they use the log in info from the person that is able to get in. So there are instances where 5 people will be connected to HQ using the same persons log in. The interesting thing is that not eve...

Error 514: Excel Error Mess
I have an excel spreadsheet which I have on my Palm Pilot which was placed there by documents to go. One day my spreadsheet on my palm told me an error 514 message, and just froze, found out it could be insufficent space on my palm. There is no macros, but was a password needed to change data within the palm. I transfered it back and when i open it in word i get an error message: (i cannot open it at all) EXCEL caused an invalid page fault in module MSO9.DLL at 0167:308d0b99. Registers: EAX=00629c74 CS=0167 EIP=308d0b99 EFLGS=00010212 EBX=00000000 SS=016f ESP=00628684 EBP=0062868c...

Error in macro.
I am sorry, i am very new to Excel programming. I try to create a macro to copy a formula in a column where the number of lines os not constant.. This macro will be used in many cases, so the range should not be precised as a cell, but as activeCell. The macro does the follwing : 1go the left column, same line, 2.go down to the last cell end of the column 3.go to the next right column 4.put 1 into it 5.go up the column where the first full cell is (it is where the formula must be copied) 6.copy this formula from this very cell until the las cell of the column. I have a problem at 6. Here i...

eConnect UOFM error
hi, I have written a code for PO Enter match Invoice in eConnect.But I have received the following error message. Sql procedure error codes returned: Error Number = 4858 Stored Procedure taPopEnterMatchInvLine Error Description = UOFM is not valid for the item Node Identifier Parameters: taPopEnterMatchInvLine POPRCTNM = RCT1310 RCPTLNNM = 16384 PONUMBER = PO1105 POLNENUM = 16384 Related Error Code Parameters for Node : taPopEnterMatchInvLine ITEMNMBR = 1-A3261A UOFM = Each <taPopEnterMatchInvLine><POPRCTNM>RCT13...

emails lost with compression error. Restore question.
I run Vista Home Premium and have Windows Home and Student. I use Windows mail. During a mail compression I got an error saying that the program was in use and an error had occurred. All of the e-mails were lost but there was some kind of automatic e-mail restoration. I was able to retreive what I needed from a restore e-mail folder. My question -- There are now a bunch of files in my trash bin relating to the restored e-mails. They showed up there by themselves. When I click on them they are listed as restored Windows Mail files and Recovered File Fragments. Since I have...

Any way to color code subject lines?
Is there any way to color code subject lines, automatically or manually? On Sun, 22 May 2005 13:50:19 -1000, Bill <mediaconversions@bellsouth.net> wrote: > Is there any way to color code subject lines, automatically or > manually? Automatic formatting. I can't be more specific without knowing what version of Outlook you have. Check Help. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP-OneNote/Outlook Operations Coordinator Stockholm/KSG - Honolulu Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr/computers/onenotefaq.htm Bill <mediaconversions@bellsouth.net> wrote: > ...

Vista, Outlook 2007 client synchronization error with crm 3.0
Hi, I am getting the error " An unknown error occurred while synchronizing daha to Outlook ". Any idea to resolve this issue? Kind Regards, G�rkan I am having this same issue, have you managed to resolve it? I have tried repairing outlook and crm and reinstalling crm but with no luck. Thanks K "Gurkan Erol" wrote: > Hi, > > I am getting the error > " > An unknown error occurred while synchronizing daha to Outlook > ". > > Any idea to resolve this issue? > > Kind Regards, > > Gürkan > > ...

SERIOUS error
I need help!!! Right now, when any one the of the Domain Admins logs into the OWA it works. But when any other user tries to log into the OWA they only see the following page after entering their username / password. The page cannot be displayed There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please try the following: Open the hermes.jjbedmonton.com home page, and then look for links to the information you want. Click the Refresh button, or try again later. Cli...

Error 9316
Hi, I've been seeing error 9316 in my logs. Looked it up in technet and found article Q247782 which recomended I set the XAPI concurent connections to 50. It was already set at 50 and I can find no further info. Before I do the obvious hit in the dark I though I'd ask if anyone else has had the same experience? TIA, Pete ...

Stanley 47-681 100 Chalk Line Reel &amp; Chalk Set
Price:$13.98 Image: http://thediscounfinder.info/image.php?id=B0000950PT Best deal: http://thediscounfinder.info/index.php?id=B0000950PT A lot faster to use than my old irwin, the handle is out of the way when stringing it out, has held up for 6 months of daily use on the job, I've seen a lot of irwin chalk boxes with broken handles. The line level is relatively useless though. Never worked, right out of thr box. Don't buy this worthless piece of junk I really like other Fat Max tools; tapes, chisels etc., so I thought after loosing my Irwin chalk box, I'd try the Stanley. I...

error rc2168 : resource too large
mybe me help how resolve visual studio 2005 c++ error "error rc2168 : resource too large". Best Regards michal Make a smaller resource? Seriously, that's all we can tell from an error message that has no other accompanying information. What kind of resource? Who created it? How big is it? joe On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 13:45:12 +0100, "michal" <kichus34@wp.pl> wrote: >mybe me help how resolve visual studio 2005 c++ error "error rc2168 : >resource too large". > >Best Regards >michal Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: newcomer@flounder...

Undefined Function Error
I am developing in access 2002 on a win98 2nd edition machine. When I transfer my database to a Windows XP Professional Machine running Access 2002 I encounter errors. For Example the code: SQLStmt = "SELECT * FROM [GL Transactions] WHERE Left([GL ID],6) = '" & Temp & "' ORDER BY [GL ID]" Set GL = CurDb.OpenRecordset(SQLStmt, dbOpenDynaset) When run this code produces an Undefined Function Error for the Function 'Left' on the XP machine but executes properly on the Win 98 Machine. I have checked the references and they are the same and in the ...

Registry Persistence
Hi there, I have a small problem with persistence of my Hive registry, and every time I do a google search I seem to get offers for all sorts of wonderful creams that will make my persistent hives go away. Anyway, I seem to have strayed from the point. I have an arm-based system with NOR Flash and SDRAM, on power up I have the OS (Win CE 6.0 R3) load from Flash into SDRAM and the upper half of the Flash becomes a file store. I also have the Hive registry created in the Flash file system. At this point everything is wonderful, because up to now I've wanted the registry settin...