parent window?

hi,
Im trying to display bmp image using static control.I have
created a pointer as
cstatic stc;
when i use stc.Create(NULL,SS_BITMAP,pos,?);
what shall i give for the parent window of static control?
i used getactivewindow(),but i was not able to display bmp
when setbitmap(Hbmp) is used.

thanks in advance
susi
0
susi1984in (12)
9/17/2003 7:34:20 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Can Windows XP 64 bit be upgraded to Windows Vista 64 bit?
Would I need to reinstall applications? Thanks Partha mcp111 wrote: > Would I need to reinstall applications? Now is a great time to point you to one of the easiest ways to find information on problems you may be having and solutions others have found: Search using Google! http://www.google.com/ (How-to: http://www.google.com/intl/en/help/basics.html ) Your answer: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-vista/get/upgrade-your-pc-options.aspx "If your computer is running Windows 2000 Professional or Windows XP Professional x64, you are eligible for an u...

Windows 2000 Upgrade to Windows 2003 R2
Hello, We are going to be upgrading/migrating our 2 Windows 2000 SP4 DC's environment to Windows 2003 R2 We will have new hardware for the 2k3 DC's and plan to simply retire the 2k PC's. I'm pretty sure I have the process nailed down but want to verify: 1. Systems State backup, verify AD restore password. 2. DCDIAG and NETDIAG, check replmon for replication 3. adprep /forestprep 4. adprep /domainprep 5. adprep /domainprep /gpprep 6. Wait 2 days 7. Promote 2k3 to DC 8. Transfer FSMO 9. Promote 2nd 2k3 DC 10. Demote old DC's 11. Have a beer...o...

Remove URL in IE7 Title Bar Windows
I just recently upgraded to IE7 and using CRM 3.0. Since the upgrade, the URL shows in the title bar of CRM followed by the title. When I have multiple records open i can not tell which one is which since the title does not show like it did in the previous verison of IE. Is there a fix for this or something that would show the title instead of the URL? Thanks e.g. http://<crmserver>/?id=<GUID> - Title. I have got exactly the same problem. Do you have a suggestion? (other than opening new tabs). ...

Window Size
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC How can I stop a file opening at the full screen size when it was previously saved scaled down to the size I want it? In vX, my windows used to open in the same position and at the same size in which they were saved. On 7/12/09 7:54 AM, in article 59b77fcf.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Fingers@officeformac.com" <Fingers@officeformac.com> wrote: > How can I stop a file opening at the full screen size when it was previously > saved scaled down to the size I want it? In vX, my windows used to open ...

Windows Mail is KILLING ME, and eating my email
Please Help!! I've searched many places and can't find a solution, so I'll enter it here for the braintrust. Yesterday, my email started acting up, emails disappearing. Incoming emails I can hear bing, and see in the inbox (number), but they will not appear on the main page to view. New emails have completely stopped showing up in my Inbox. My setting is for "SHOW ALL MESSAGES", so it is not hidden that way. The wierd thing is that if I change setting to "hide read or ignored messages" that is the only way to view my new messages. Once I switc...

Setting Windows Live Mail
:I have Vista and it came with WM. I could not get my server to connect. I downloaded WLM and still cannot get it to connect. I have my server ingoing and outgoing correct, I have deleted and redone it many times. I have the correct username and password. I keep getting an error 815: The broadband network connection could not be established on your computer because the remote server is not responding. This could be caused by and invalid value for the :Service Name: field for this connections. please contact your ISP and inquire about the correct valued for this field and ...

Creating a window problem
I don't understand why this code not compiled. I don't see any mistake. Will thankful for help. //MainWin.cpp #include <afxwin.h> #include "MainWin.h" CMainWin :: CMainWin() { Create(NULL, "Mr.Typer", WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW); } class CMainWinApp : public CWinApp { public: BOOL InitInstance() { m_pMainWnd = new CMainWin; m_pMainWnd->ShowWindow(m_nCmdShow); m_pMainWnd->UpdateWindow(); return TRUE; } }mainwinApp; The "create" you call in ...

Windows Media Player no picture 08-02-10
Vista windows Media Player 11 has sound and visualization but no picture on some AVI files. One file that does not respond is Fill Handle.exe. AVI which is a tutorial for Windows Office 2007. ...

Dexterity Scrolling window limit
Anyone knows what the limit is for number of lines possible in the scrolling window? THERE IS NO LIMIT ON SCROLLING WINDOWS. "Elmer Tagarino" wrote: > Anyone knows what the limit is for number of lines possible in the scrolling > window? > > > Scrolling windows display data directly from the tables, so the limit would be the limit of the number of rows in a table. Not sure what it is but it would be very big. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer MBS Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Business Solutions http://www.micros...

Windows 2003 Server Event Log Displays Incorrect Time
I have 4 member servers in 4 separate Windows 2003 domains. On each of those member servers I have schedled tasks which run at 9PM and 9:15PM every day. All of the domain controllers and member servers are running Windows 2003 SP2 and all are fully patched. In reviewing the system event logs on the member servers, I see that since the DST switch at 2AM on March 14, they show my tasks running at 10PM and 10:15PM. But if I go into the task sceduler and view the task scheduler log, it shows the tasks as running at 9PM and 9:15PM. I also see in the event log viewer that the disp...

Multiple parent nodes
I'm creating an xml file from some data and I'm geting repeating parent nodes in the xml file. Not sure where I'm going wrong? <?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?> <MyTestData xmlns="http://www.mytestdata.com/list_data.xsd"> <Wigets> <Wiget>Muffler Bearing</Wiget> </Wigets> <Wigets> <Wiget>5 gallons of prop wash</Wiget> </Wigets> <Wigets> <Wiget>gonkalator armature</Wiget> </Wigets> <Gizmos> <Gizmo>hole-mover</Gizmo> ...

tagging file in windows and upload to sharepoint
Hello, I have created picture library in MOSS 2007 and I would like to upload images containing windows file tags from a hard drive to sharepoint. Unfortunately my picture library doesn't contain tags (or keywords) assigned to picture. Is there any way to store pictures with tags in sharepoint? If not, is there any possibility to change custom column property (title, keywords etc) for more than one picture in one editing without additional scripting? ...

Office installation and Windows 7

Workflow Error "The Parent is Not Valid"
I have a custom Entity that will not permit me to create a Task associated to it through Workflow. When I run a Workflow to create a Task I get the error message, "The Parent is Not Valid". When I look at Workflow Monitor the Workflow is paused on that particular Task. However, when I go back into Apply Rule the Workflow rule is still available to be run again??? Which would seem to indicate that the Workflow had been completed or was never run. I can manually create a Task associated with the Entity. I can also create phone call and e-mail Activities through Workflow with no errors...

Prevent information copied in one Excel window to be pasted in another windows
Hello. Since Excel is not multicore aware, I am forced to have two different windows running Excel, ie, i start Excel in one window and start another session of Excel in another window, not in the same window by doing file\new). But since I am running macros in each, and because my macro copy and paste information, sometime the windows interfere ith each other which prevent one of the macro from running. Is there a way to make Excel not able to paste in another window? Thanks for the tip. ...

Windows Server Backup
I want to go through the restoration process of Exchange date - the entire database, individual mailboxes, emails etc. My lab setup is as follows (all in a vmware machine):- Windows Server 2008 Exchange 2007 (32-bit/sp1/eval) Email flow etc works fine. I've taken a full backup using windows server backup. When I come to restore the backup in the Select recovery type screen the option for Applications is greyed out. It says that you can recover applications that have registered with Windows Server Backup. I need to find out how to get Exchange to register with Window...

hide window from task bar
if I create a window using CreateEx, how can I prevent the window from showing up on the task bar? Thanks, Mark Use WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW extended style in your window. Another option is here: http://www.codeproject.com/docview/notaskbaricon.asp --- Ajay thanks! I'm new to MFC... Cheers, Mark "Ajay Kalra" wrote: > Use WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW extended style in your window. Another option is > here: > > http://www.codeproject.com/docview/notaskbaricon.asp > > --- > Ajay > > Welcome to MFC Mark. I think you'll find that MFC will help you create grea...

Money 2000 Windows XP SP2 Password problems
Hi. * I have reformatted my hard drive (On a Compaq Table TC1000) & reinstalled Windows XP Pro Tablet. * I have then installed the Windows XP SP2. I then restored my backups, which included my mny data file from Money 2000. * I then (amongst other software installs) installed Money from the original CD. * When I tried to start Money, it asks for the password as usual BUT it doesn't accept the usual password. * I have checked that it is the right file, checked Caps Lock, typed carefully several times - to no avail. * Are you aware of any problems with Money 2000 & SP2? I...

Parent Folder
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel How can I go in parent folder from dialog box in easy way? The current file is in a folder. I want open another file but it is in parental folder. I click on File/Open and I can see the current folder. But there is not easy way to get to parental folder. I have to follow all the path from Document folder or root folder On 10/1/09 4:04 AM, in article 59b7daac.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Osvaldo_Barbarisi@officeformac.com" <Osvaldo_Barbarisi@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating Sys...

Windows live messenger has stopped working
when I boot my PC and start Windows 7 WLM during the startup phase stops working before it has fully started. If however i start it after the boot up process is complete it works fine. I am using Window 7 64 Home Prem... and am running a new ATI 5800 series card, have 4g of ram etc..... Any ideas? I have read through the posts on this board and i do not see my problem though it is likely related to the other ones i have seen. Greetings, It might be a bit hard to isolate what's causing this without disabling other things starting at startup, as it's probably just a...

windows installer 3.0
My computer is OS Windows XP PRO, SP3. I attempted to upgrade my security suite CA2007 to CA ISS 2010 and I was only able to partially install it. A windows installer message kept popping up asking to install a file from a temp folder and showing the Source List product code. I used regedit to look up the code and it belongs to a "AMRT.msi". Looking for this file on the Web; I think it could possibly be malware. It is not doing anything-I think-it is just there in the registry. This pop up message from Windows Installer is preventing me from installing AntiVirus softwar...

Uninstall MS Office 2010 Beta on Windows 7
I downloaded and installed the beta version of MS Office 2010 on my system running Windows 7, 64 bit. It ran great. The newer features are much better than what is currently available. One day I fired up the Word module and was hit with the error message "program is corrupt, uninstall or re-install to correct the problem". My problem is I can't do either. I keep getting the corrupt message and the same corrective measures to take. Anyone have a fix or suggestion - Thanks ...

windows installer; preparing to install
Every time I go to open OUTLOOK, I get a message saying 'Preparing to install' that won't go away for up to 1 minute. The hard-drive on this pc recently crashed, and all the programs on it were reinstalled, so I think the problem has something to do with the registry. I have an install CD for Office 2003 that includes OUTLOOK, and when I try and uninstall / reinstall the program, it isn't removing Outlook - that selection is grayed out. ...

After SP2 getting 'application already running' windows
On my Vista 64 Bit I just installed SP2. The install went well, everything works fine, but every time I reboot get two popup windows that both say the same thing, which is: "Warning; Application already running" The popup windows appears about 1 to 2 minutes after the vista desktop comes back up. The only option on the popup is an OK button. I press it, the window goes away and all works just fine. This was not happening before SP2. I am at a lost on how to debug this as the warning message contains no real info. I tried to uncheck several items in the msconfig st...

In Project Window of VBE
Over the years or during installation (I don't know which?) but when I go into my VBE I notice 2 Projects (nodes); 1) atpvbean.xls (ATPVBEAN.XLA) and 2) funcres (FUNCRES.XLA) Are these files Vital? or are they optional? Both are password protected.. If I were to later rid them from my system it appears the only way to do so is to just delete the *.xla files (where I can see their full path in under Tools, References although Unchecked at the time)... TIA, The APTVBAEN is the add-in required to use Analysis ToolPack functions in VBA. FUNCRES is the Analysis Tool Pak. Don't delete ...