Painting of CHtmlView !!!

Hello All
I am showing dialog when clicked on link of HTML page navigated inside
CHtmlView. After closing dialog, the browser( CHtmlView ) does not
paint itself properly. I did everything to solve this problem including
Send Paint message, InvalidateRect, WM_ERASEBKGND, UpdateWindow and
RedrawWindow. But all solutions did not help me. So MFC Gurus, Please
help me to solve this problem of painting of CHtmlView.

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Who likes painting?
Hi there, I've got the following: if(pMsgDet->message==WM_NCPAINT){ //the code from http://support.microsoft.com:80/support/kb/articles/q99/0/46.asp&NoWebContent=1 WM_NCPAINT part ONLY! } if(pMsgDet->message==WM_NCACTIVATE){ SendMessage(pMsgDet->hwnd,WM_NCPAINT,0,0); } However, I never see the text that is meant to be shown unless I resize the window and it just reverts back to what it was... Anybody? ...

How to paint connections by value
Hi, Im doing rack diagram, so i need to paint all cables with different colors by their lengths. I can see all connections lengths from "size & position" one by one, How to do that? now looking up that "color by value" command and it doesn't work? Pls help? "Tulga" <tulgabat@gmail.com> wrote in message news:856c2ee0-0b04-48d0-9ad0-67791fd83b4e@w9g2000prb.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > Im doing rack diagram, so i need to paint all cables with different > colors by their lengths. I can see all connections lengths from "...

Painting in Mainframe Window
Hi All How can i paint inside a Mainframe Window of MDI Application..... Suppose i want a Text Message there "BLAH BLAH" Tell Where to put my Code in WM_Paint .????? Thanxs Ashutosh there is a class -- CLogoMdi in demo classes of CxImage599a (http://www.xdp.it/) that may help you. though in fact i don't understand the usage of SubclassWindow(in the demo, m_LogoMdiClientWnd.SubclassWindow(m_hWndMDIClient) ). can someone tell me? thanks. "Ashutosh" <efextra@efextra.com> д����Ϣ���� :uUM1tSWlEHA.592@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi All > How can i paint ins...

Paint
How do I get Paint to open in Excel to change a bitmap object in inserted from a file. If I double-click the object it says it is an OLE something or other. I need to use Paint. Thanks Unfortunately the information you chose to post as "something or other" is exactly what someone would need in order to offer a responsible reply. Regards |:>) "Cynthia" wrote: > How do I get Paint to open in Excel to change a bitmap object in inserted > from a file. If I double-click the object it says it is an OLE something or > other. I need to use Paint. > > Th...

Wall-paintings, Mural and Monumental Paintings, Frescos
Hi! Our New Original Services on Your House: Owners of numerous bars, discos, restaurants, shops have estimated appeal wall painting as original element of an interior, and the most brave have allowed on walls of the apartments and houses to appear to fantastic landscapes, old city streets, to colors, continuation of premises, and etc. Monumental, or Mural, Painting existed always, and walk the way from rock figure up to wall lists of tombs of pharaons and fresco in Russian temples has revived in a new century. In due course figure has found a frame, has decreased in sizes and, has lost the ...

DrawIcon( ) paints only 32x32, not 16x16???
I want to paint an icon on a device context. The icon is extracted from the system imagelist and it works, BUT it paints a 32x32 icon! I want to paint the 16x16 icon associated with a file. I do not know if currently I am extracting the wrong size (32x32) or if the problem is the default icon paint size (resizing 16x16 to 32x32). How do I paint the 16x16 icon? DrawIcon gives me no options in the arguments. // Retreive info from registry about a file extension SHFILEINFO shfi; SHGetFileInfo(".jpg", 0, &shfi, sizeof(SHFILEINFO), SHGFI_SMALLICON | SHGFI_TYPENAME | SHGFI_USEFILEA...

Wall-paintings, Mural and Monumental Paintings, Frescos
Hi! Our New Original Services on Your House: Owners of numerous bars, discos, restaurants, shops have estimated appeal wall painting as original element of an interior, and the most brave have allowed on walls of the apartments and houses to appear to fantastic landscapes, old city streets, to colors, continuation of premises, and etc. Monumental, or Mural, Painting existed always, and walk the way from rock figure up to wall lists of tombs of pharaons and fresco in Russian temples has revived in a new century. In due course figure has found a frame, has decreased in sizes and, has lost the ...

How to paint corners of dialog when using dc.RoundRect()
I've created a dialog app without Title bar and I'm am painting the dialog area using dc.RoundRect() so that the corners are rounded. This worked ok using the system supplied dc but I was getting flicker so now I am using a memdc to paint with. I've gotten rid of the flicker problem but the corners of the dialog are left unpainted (black) after painting the surface using the RoundRect(). Does anyone have a suggestion on how to paint the corners without paint the whole surface? Actually to be more specific, the corners need to be transparent. thanks "mike" <n...

How to use Paint?
I have Win XP SP3 and the version of the Paint that comes with it (Programs > Accessories). Is this the correct NG to ask questions about Paint? If not, what then? My question.... I use ctrl-PrintScreen to capture the display. Then I run Paint and paste the image. To copy a subset of the image, I use the box Select tool to outline the area, then press ctrl-C and ctrl-V. At that point, I have trouble "selecting" the two different objects: the original PrintScreen image and the subset I just pasted. By "select", I do not mean the box Select tool...

Painting Problem
Hi, I am Trying to paint a particular area in my application and this area keeps on changing as we scroll the window. I am able to paint it to a certain limit and after that the painting stops. After iterative observation I found that GetClientRect (which I am using to find out the area to be painted)doesnt give me a value greater than 32767. Please suggest some way to handle this problem... Regards Anjali "Scott McPhillips [MVP]" wrote: > Anjali wrote: > > > Hi, > > > > I am Trying to paint a particular area in my application and this area keeps on...

CHtmlView, CCustomOccManager, and disabling the context menu and 3d borders #2
Hello, I am trying to create a CustomControlSite that can hook into the basic operations of a CHtmlView. I want to disable the context menu and also get rid of the 3d border. Ive checked out this article, and followed it to a T. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q236312 It seems like my COleControlSite* CreateSite(COleControlContainer* pCtrlCont) is not getting called. If I can figure out how to get this working, I think the rest will fall into place. I also created a standalone project and followed the directions again, just to make sure something else in my code w...

Where Paint Messages?
I am trying to draw a rectangle in a dialog window. I put the code in OnPaint(), even though I see a message put there by VC++ saying "Do not call CDialog::OnPaint() for painting messages." I don't know what that means. The code below worked in one dialog window, but not in another. Any idea what could cause this to work in one window but not in a similar one? (there are no buttons or controls overlapping where the rectangle should be) CPaintDC dc(this); // device context for painting CPoint upperLeft,lowerRight; upperLeft.x=40; upperLeft.y=40; lowerRight.x=upperLeft.x+40; l...

MFC Paint screen does not refresh
Hi I have a VC6 app that I am trying to develop. It takes a 700 maps and processes each one individually the program is set around one big loop I intend that it should paint all the maps however it just paints the first and the last map at the end of the major loop I have an Invalidate(); UpdateWindow(); it does not force an update except for the first and last map If however I do a Invalidate(); UpdateWindow(); AfxMessageBox("next one",MB_ICONEXCLAMATION|MB_OK); then I can step through each map - not very attractive given there are 700 maps I tried to use Inval...

paint background without view
Hi, I want to paint background of my Mainframe window to blue color when there is no view contained in it. How can I achive it. Thanks, Lee This will give you a good start: http://www.codeproject.com/dialog/mdibackgroundimage.asp <yang__lee@ausi.com> wrote in message news:1178688268.639681.212840@n59g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I want to paint background of my Mainframe window to blue color when > there is no view contained in it. > > How can I achive it. > > Thanks, > > Lee > > I want to paint background of my Mainframe window t...

Paint error
I have a friend running XP that gets a paint error "Paint has encountered an error and needs to close" Where, in the event viewer, might she find more detail on this error? -- Frank C Dell Inspiron 530S Win Vista Ultimate 64 bit SP1 Dell studio laptop Win Vista Ultimate 64 bit SP1 HP Photosmart D7260 "Frank C" wrote: > I have a friend running XP that gets a paint error "Paint has encountered an > error and needs to close" > Where, in the event viewer, might she find more detail on this error? > > -- > Frank C > ...

Window painting
Can anybody please help! I am using OpenGL in my MFC app. I want to do render a window in Selection mode when mouse button is down and then when the mouse button is up I want to render the window in Render mode. I have written appropriate code in OnLButtonUp and OnLButtonDown as below void CManifoldViewerView::OnLButtonDown(UINT nFlags, CPoint point) { // TODO: Add your message handler code here and/or call default renderingMode = 1; // variable to keep track of rendering mode 0 - GL_RENDER //1 - GL_SELECT PostMessage(WM_PAINT); CView::OnLButtonDow...

formula continuation with the paint too.
I am having problems continuing my formula down the column though I have followed the expamples in bothe MS Excel training and Excel for dummies 2003. It will either put the last known number down the entire column or not work at all. Any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong? One guess is that it's all in the "$" signs which makes the cell ref -- either col/row or both parts -- absolute (ie fixed). Eg: In B1, copied down to B3: =A1/A$3, where A3 could be housing the total of A1:A2. The dollar sign will fix the point to A3 in the copy down. For better answers, always po...

using vista paint
Can someone tell a newie how to paint on a map I have googled to my screen? Thank you. Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums On Mar 12, 10:25=A0pm, bullett55 wrote: > Can someone tell a newie how to paint on a map I have googled to my scree= n? Thank you. > > Post Originated fromhttp://www.VistaForums.comVista Support Forums ---------------------------------------------------------------------------= ------------------------------------ Do you have the map saved there? Go to Programs > Accessories > Paint > File > Open >...

How to paint on MenuBar
Hi, I have a MDI application, how can i paint the background of the menu bar...? how to get the handle of the MenuBar window...? Regards Tony ...

Events from CHtmlView
If a browser control CHtmlView is embeded in an MFC application, is it possible for the MFC application to get events (e.g., a button click on the HTML page) and other form information from the HTML page ? Vinodh I am not sure about CHtmlView. But this can be done on CHTMLDialog using DECLARE_DHTML_EVENT_MAP. Check the Documentation The other way is a do it the painfull way where you can get the IHTMLDocument object from the webbrowser and search for the individual elements and advise for them for all the events you want. -- ------------------------------ Ashok K Kumar -----------------...

painting windows
so instead of sending messages to applications and ask them to paint their client area from time to time, why doesn't windows just do us a favor by buffering what the apps have drawn and doing all the repaintings itself? ben Nice idea, but probably this would be unreliable. How would Windows know whether it was restoring a background or whether the application is trying to draw itself again. The way it works by invalidating portions of the screen is actually pretty good if we can limit the amount of space being redrawn at any time. Tom "benben" <benhongh@yahoo.com.au&g...

Disabling Context meny in CHTMLView (MFC 7.1)
As the title says, I am trying to disable the context menu of a CHTMLView. I have tried the solution presented in the knowledge base "HOWTO: Disable the Default Pop-up Menu for CHtmlView Q236312", following the instructions to the letter but I just get lots of error mesages. I assume something has changed between mfc 6.0 and 7.1 that prevents this solution from working. Is there no way I can intercept the mouse event? Force the class/control to reflect the message so I can just get my APP to ignore it? Thanks for any help. "Martin Gill" <anonymous@discussions.micro...

Efficient Region Painting
I have downloaded CXListCtrl source code from code project site All in All it is great multi list control. I have an application with multiple resizable panes. One of the panes inherits form dialog control. In it is CXListCtrl. The problem that I am finding with it is painting. It appears not to be efficient. When you resize the window the control jiggles. I suppose this is because the application is painting the whole control rather than just invalidated portion. I guess my question is how do I determine what region was invalidated and how does one repaint it? Please let me kno...

How to impliment Print Functionality like Paint
Hello I want to impliment Print functionality like print , I want to take print out from my MFC application whatever my logical figure display on scerrn a want to take print out with same dimension but i m not able to do this , when i set change mapping mode but at the time of actual printing the image will shrink why so ? plz tell mi step ragarding this It sounds like you have to multiply the font and x,y coordinates by a factor that equals the difference between the screen and print scales (there is a considerable difference to the physical distance of a pixel on the screen to the d...