P L E A S E

    Please, could someone help me with "DLL (Resource)" post (some 25 posts
below this post). Please.

Thank you.

0
none8619 (37)
1/16/2004 8:44:50 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"Jan Plastenjak" <none@ms.com> wrote in message

>     Please, could someone help me with "DLL (Resource)" post (some 25
posts
> below this post). Please.

What?

I'm to search through the newsgroup looking for find your post?

I don't think so...

Cheers
Richard.

Jan,

I have already answered your post, let me repeat it:

"If you go to www.microsoft.com and enter the following search string:

"directory contents of the Windows 98 CD-ROM "

the section Support & Troubleshooting will give you 14 links with the
contents of the Win98 CD:s. Brrr... You might also want to search for
individual top-level DLL:s from the listing, to get a picture of what DLL:s
are updated by, for example, IE support packs (and thus might include new
DLL:s). This is indeed hard and frustrating work :-("

Yes, this is drugery, to say the least, but you will normally only have to
check the top-level DLLs, so it won't take years :-))) There is no way to be
sure that an installation of Windows contains all the standard files,
however, or even usable versions of them. The only way to handle this
problem is to compile a list of the files necessary - as you have done - and
create an installset with all the files necessary. This installset *must*
include version checking for all DLLs that are not your own, and
furthermore, you'll have to check that they are redistributable. There is no
single source to help you, to my best knowledge, so your best bet is to
search www.microsoft.com for the individual filenames.

Personally, I use the WISE installset creator from www.wise.com, which
automates some of the process, to my great pleasure.

Johan Rosengren
Abstrakt Mekanik AB

"Jan Plastenjak" <none@ms.com> a �crit dans le message de

>     Please, could someone help me with "DLL (Resource)" post (some 25
posts
> below this post). Please.
>
> Thank you.

How does one edit Exchange 2003's Global Address List (GAL) entries in Outlook 2003?
Hi, I am trying to figure out best practices for allowing an office administrator to maintain the internal staff/user list. As the IT administrator, I add new employees as users using Active Directory. But I only fill in the basic details (e.g. name and email address). I then want to turn the responsibility of maintaining all their user data to the office administrator - who has NO knowledge of Exchange, Active Directory etc. She knows, and is comfortable, with Outlook 2003. 1) So how do most companies that use Exchange/Outlook typically create a contact list of INTERNAL staff? My approa...

a/p checks and unclaimed property
I have found some ideas 1 incr adj for the check(s) amount then mark the checks as clear on the next recon 2 void the checks enter credits to fully apply the invoices document either well enought to satisfy audit requirements Am i missing an easier way the end result is we will be cutting a check to the state for unclaimed property Be careful with this. Many states require you to send the amount to them, its called escheat laws so you may have to send the amounts to your state if the outstanding AP meets certain guidelines. In that case, the expense stays but you'll need to void/cred...

e-mail format
Having trouble with e-mail formatting. When I go to type my message, the left and right margins are set at zero. I then have to format my margins for each e-mail. I did a help search and it said if you want to set your e-mail margins so that you don't have to change them each time, you simply go to File, Page Set-Up and change the margin defaults. I have done that but when I go back to type a new message....the margins are still at zero and I have to reset them. What am I doing wrong? Thanks ...

Outlook 2003 "can't receive e-mail" problem.
I'm just about to expose how little I know about Outlook. MS Office Basic 2003 was clean installed on a new PC running XP a few weeks ago. I correctly opened a mail account for myself in Outlook (Internet Only) linking properly for 'send and receive' with my cable ISP. Everything ran fine and I gradually customized my Outlook. I have a simple at home setup with a mini-network involving my wife's desktop and a Laptop. Now suddenly out of the blue I don't receive any email any more. When I open Outlook, which is set to open in Inbox and automatically download new mail,...

New e-mail chime alert but without new mail
I just upgraded to Windows 7 from Vista. I was using Windows Mail and now I'm using Windows Live Mail. I am sending and receiving e-mail just fine, however, I am also getting "ghost chimes". Meaning I get the chime sound that a new e-mail has arrived (exactly the same sound) only there's no new mail in my Inbox. It's driving me a little nuts. It's not junk mail. There doesn't seem to be any new mail at all arriving, just the chime sound periodically. Thanks for any help or suggestions! Are you sure there are no new messages? Check the setti...

error when receiving and sending e-mail
Error 0x800ccc0d, have tried all the remedies in knowledge base article 813514 without resolution of the problem. I no longer have a firewall. Was using McAfee firewall. I have been working on this problem for about a week now. HELP! ...

Does a User's Rules Run if the User is not logged on?
They will run only if using an Exchange server and the rule is not Client only. >-----Original Message----- > >. > ...

How do I get a view's rect before creating it?
I'm creating a view with the following line: pNewView->Create(NULL, NULL, 0L, CFrameWnd::rectDefault, this, nForm, &Context); The view itself was designed in the resource editor, and rather than passing CFrameWnd::rectDefault as the size of the view I would like to pass the size from the resource file. Is this possible? If so how do I do it? Thanks, James You can't. Until it is created, it doesn't have a rectangle describing it. There is nothing useful in the resource file (I presume you are talking about CFormView here) to tell you how big it is. Instead, in the O...

Unable to merge Both DB's
Hi I have two databases regarding students higher education grant with same fields and content. 1. OLD DATABASE has transaction details of the students which is linked with their course code . (Course code is of just creation for reference of the past records in papers)it should be there for future reference of the records. 2. New Database has same transactions continued and I cannot understand how to merge of these old and new records. i mean i'm unable to find where it has to get connected.. if i give the new connection old records having the course code link will not work...

Re-post with e.g.
Still struggling with printing a workbook in the correct sheet order Sorry to bother... I am just really stuck I have put a link to the file on my site. http://www.earthworks-landscape.com/Test.ht Any help would be appreciated This is not printing the work book out correctly. The sheet pages are out of order when printed The print preview looks fine. The tabs at the bottom of the book look fine. The printed sheets however are out of order I "viewed code" by right clicking on the tab and found that the list of sheets were not in order. I was unable to drop and drag, adjust an...

Control P
Why can't we get the Control P to work for printing. The Control Q in SOP works great but we can't bet the Control P to work in any of the modules. Thanks Cheryl Cheryl, Control P seems to work just fine on my GP 9.0. I just tried it on a few random screens, including Sales Transaction Entry. What version of GP are you running? -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html "Cuddles" <Cuddles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A68F7F70-5CE3-4445-B05A-B4418A1DF6C9@microsoft...

Accessing at runtime nested method's parameters values
Hi all, I have some C# code with nested method call and I would like during runtime to log on different level the values of method parameters (just like VS offers Debug-> Windows->Call Stack). Is it possible because StackTrace class does not seems to offer support of accessing parameters values, it support just paremeter types and names ? best regards, Milan. On 08-03-2010 12:43, Milan wrote: > I have some C# code with nested method call and I would like during runtime > to log on different level the values of method parameters (just like VS > offers Debu...

Send E-Mail
I've investigated this a bit further and really dont understand whats going on! I'm using Outlook 2000 in Internet mail mode I have 6 e-mail accounts that I pick up and would like to send from. When I creat a new mail message, sometimes the Send button has a drop-down list enabling me to select which e-mail account I want the message to go from. However, sometimes its just a plain old Send button with no dropdown. I've checked the combinations and it seems to vary on what e-mail format you choose, and whether you use Word as your editor. The combinations I've seen are: Te...

Inserting a text Watermark automatically moves all text down one l
In Word 2003, when I try and insert a text watermark from the Format/Background menu, on pages with .3 or less margins, there is a flicker and all the text automatically moves down one line. Clicking Undo (or the blue back arrow) removes the watermark, but DOES NOT move the text back up. I need the .3 margins and a ‘CONFIDENTIAL’ text watermark for this particular document. I tried changing the ‘Auto’ size option, with no difference. Is this an unnoticed and unfixable glitch in Word 2003? How can I insert the watermark without the text being moved down? Also, what size text...

How to sort E-mails?
In our organization we would like to make a public folder where soem mportant e-mails will be stored (stored by a number of co-workers) We have used a public forlder to palce such e-mails. Let say the directory in public folder is named "projects" Within the Project folder we created subfolders with customer names: Customer 1 Customer 2 Customer 3 etc. Each customer has a subfolder for each project We place in these folders all emails, which are important to us. There is however quite frustrationg problem with finding the right folder. We need quite a lot of time to go throu...

e-mail default address
Is it possible to define a default address for sending mail, other than the Windows Live address. After installing Windows 7, no more Outlook Express but I want to continue with my old address. "Tarheel" <Tarheel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F90D85C7-0F6A-4787-A88F-8A8B16BB34CB@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to define a default address for sending mail, other than > the > Windows Live address. After installing Windows 7, no more Outlook Express > but I want to continue with my old address. Certainly. You can set any email a...

Cant sent e-mails anymore
Why can I not send e-mails anymore. Error says 'message too large'...even with a one word e-mail this happens.HELP ...

E-Mail Router creates e-mail activities without reason
Hi!! We have MS CRM 3.0 in production environment. We have a problem with e-mails, becuase without any reason MS CRM e-mail router creates e-mails activities in MS CRM, it seems weird, but now there are a lot of e-mail activities in MS CRM without reason. We check users configuration and if they are doing something wrong, but we didn't discover any problem. The are 100 CRM users, and aprox. 5 e-mails are created dayly in MS CRM, it seems random, we have not discover any pattern. Any sugestion??. Please your help. Thanks!! Daniel Vaca Seminario ...

ESP not properly saved (DLL calling an exe's object function).
Hi everyone, I'm stress-testing an application of mine. This application is a service, so it has to be able to support quite a heavy loan of work. It is installed and working fine at several customers. But one of them has very heavy traffic, so there it crashes once a day. The service automatically restarts but its clients have to reconnect and stuff, so the customer is not very happy... So that's why I'm stress-testing it, to see if I catch the bug. The service is an exe file using a DLL, both are code of mine. After half an hour of stress-testing I get this debug error: ...

P.O. Generator #2
I just started at a company using Great Plains. The system shows that we have version 8.00g34 and SQL. I am trying to use the P.O. Generator function but it is not showing on the menus where the manuals and online help index say it should be. Rather than bug the company that installed this and cost more support $$, I thought I would ask people who actually use the system. Lost in AK I'm seeing the same thing. I thought the PO Generator was a core part of Purchasing. Anyone have any ideas? We do have security set to allow access to the setup windows. -- Jim@TurboChef "...

Woody's Lounge
Anyone been able to get on Woody's Lounge? For the last several days it has not been accessible. Anyone know what happened? Same problem here - the connection times out - I have no idea why. (maybe Hans is on vacation) <g> -- Jim Cone San Francisco, USA http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware (Excel Add-ins / Excel Programming) "dasadler" <dasadler@gmail.com> wrote in message Anyone been able to get on Woody's Lounge? For the last several days it has not been accessible. Anyone know what happened? On Wed, 08 Aug 2007 16:36:47 -0000, dasadle...

E-mails slow to open
My e-mail's take a long time to open. What could be causing this? How can I fix this? Bob F. wrote: > My e-mail's take a long time to open. What could be > causing this? How can I fix this? Disable instant messaging. Compact your PST file. Defrag your disk. Do a "ping -n 100 <mailserver>" to make sure lots of packets aren't getting dropped which then have to get resent. -- ____________________________________________________________ *** Post replies to newsgroup. E-mail is not accepted. *** ___________________________________________________________...

What happens to the e-mails ???
Hi .. We have 2 Exchange 2003 servers that process our intern e-mail and one of them is connected by a SMTP-connector to a MailSweeper (MIME-Sweeper) for external (internett) e-mail. The problem is that some (external) e-mail just disappear on their way to some users in our organization!!! Well .. At least I don't know what happens to them. We have an IMF-filter on the Exchange server. The messages come through our MailSweeper to the Exchange server. When I track the messages I can see that they are delevered but not like other external e-mail sent to us only three thing happen to the e-ma...

font changes in reply's original message
When I "reply" to a message the original message font is changed to "alba super" in some messages. Not all replies do this. What is happening here and how can I change the font used? Using word and outlook 03. Have you checked the option under Mail format to always use my fonts? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, jmsdallas asked: | When I "reply" to a message the original message fon...

Blank e-mail problem
Using OL 2003 w/ Winxp. Recently, a few of my associates have told me that they have received my e-mails when I reply back to them, but then they open them up, and there is nothing in the body? What settings did I change, or did I pickup a virus? Thanks, RED anglirich <anglirich@lexcominc.net> wrote: > Using OL 2003 w/ Winxp. > > Recently, a few of my associates have told me that they have received > my e-mails when I reply back to them, but then they open them up, and > there is nothing in the body? > > What settings did I change, or did I pickup a viru...