ot question

except for being something i need to do in an mfc app i'm working on this
doesn't really have anything to do with mfc.... but its as bad a place to
start as any other group i watch.  i need a kind of generic algorithm to
take an array of 3d points that describe a surface, then given two
coordinates of another point interpolate the third coordinate on the
surface.  picture it like you have a set of random latitude, longitude and
elevation points, then want to find the elevation of any given latitude and
longitude coordinate.  (over a small area, don't worry about spherical earth
and all that stuff)  any ideas of libraries that do this type of job?  web
resources for algorithms?  etc???

0
noone1 (387)
11/26/2003 6:54:00 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Conditioning Format Question
What formula would I use for a cell that has no value but has a =B1 formula in it, So if B1 is empty this cell has no value then I can Condition the cell to do something Thanks in advance for your help....Bob Vance .. .. .. .. Not too clear what you need. Does this work =IF(B1="", "Bi is empty",B1) -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in e-mail address "Bob" <enter_address@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:c18mt3$dn4$1@lust.ihug.co.nz... > > What formula would I use for a cell that has no value but has a =B1 formula > ...

Publisher Question #3
How do you draw a line around a selected area within a text box? I want to draw or out line an area on a picture I inserted to show the area of the landscape that is for sale. thanks Cindy With the image in place, go to the left tool bar and select the rectangle and use it to draw the line. -- Don Vancouver USA "Suziq" <Suziq@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A22B4234-EC55-428B-8065-FA7999BD78FE@microsoft.com... > How do you draw a line around a selected area within a text box? I want to > draw or out line an area on a picture I inserted to show...

Budget Questions
Using Money 2005 Standard Quicken has a very robust set-up for budgets. If the category was rateable (newspaper subscription) I could setup the budget for that category as such. If the category was not rateable (auto insurance which I pay once per year), I could setup the budget will the Auto Insurance amount in March. 1) I am not seeing this flexibility in Money's budget. Is it there and I am missing something? I ran some reports to look at the last 13 months of spending and income by category. I creating this report some numbers looked way off so I had to dig some more. I came up w...

RTTI CObject question
If I have this: // .h class Base : public CObject { public: DECLARE_DYNAMIC(Base) } class Derived : public Base { public: DECLARE_DYNAMIC(Derived) } If I try to do something like this in the .cpp file, Im not getting what I expected: // .cpp stuff IMPLEMENT_DYNAMIC(Base, CObject) IMPLEMENT_DYNAMIC(Derived, Base) Derived derived_class; BOOL b = derived_class.IsKindOf(RUNTIME_CLASS(Derived)); // This returns false! BOOL b = derived_class.IsKindOf(RUNTIME_CLASS(Base)); // Returns true... I thought from reading the docs that that BOTH of these would return true. This is in fact the k...

PST question
Is it possible to take an outlook pst from outlook 2000/excahnge 5.5 and upload to a echange 2003 mailbox Yes easily, 2 ways, first one is easiest; Create mapi profile to mailbox, add pst, copy from pst to mailbox from outlook. Second is use exmerge, but that takes permission setting on the store first. >-----Original Message----- >Is it possible to take an outlook pst from outlook >2000/excahnge 5.5 and upload to a echange 2003 mailbox >. > ...

OT...check this out...OT
http://www.escapeyesterworld.com/ try all the controls -- John Inzer Thanks John...pretty nifty. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "John Inzer" <oobie@doobie.xyz> wrote in message news:uuhImG%23mFHA.3988@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > http://www.escapeyesterworld.com/ > try all the controls > > -- > > John Inzer > > ...

Rules & Alerts question....
I have set up my Outlook 2003 e-mail inbox to move an email newsletter that I get everyday to a specific folder. But, for some reason, this rule doesn't "move" my email, it only seems to "copy" it. In other words, I end up with a version of the newsletter in my general Inbox *and* in the specified folder. I don't want two copies of this same e-mail. I only want it to move to the specified folder. I've tried and tried and can't seem to figure out how to correct this problem. If someone could help, I'd really appreciate it. Here is what the rule...

question about coupons
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C86C88.122E37B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, Is there another way of creating coupons other then with the tender type. For example with manufacturers coupons that a barcode on them. How do you prevent the cashier from tendering out more then what the coupon value is? Thanks,,,, CHICAGO CASH REGISTER Daniel Buntic Daniel@chicagocashregister.com 847-965-9500 ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C86C88.122E37B0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="us-ascii&quo...

Flexgrid question
Hi All, Is it possible to apply certain styles to a part of the cell and not to the entire cell. For example I want to change background color of a particular character (not the whole cell) in a cell. Is it possible or I'm just wasting my time on flexgrid. By the way I'm using MS Hierarchical flex grid control. Thanks Irfan ...

Color-filled cell questions
I've copied Chip Pearson's VBA code for 'counting cells with a specific color' into my spreadsheet - and it works - but: 1) If I protect the sheet, even though I leave the cells to be colored (fill color tool) unprotected, I cannot fill/color the cells. They act like they are protected, too. If I select Tools to format the cells, the cell selection is grayed out. 2) How do I get the results of the formula to show after the cell is colored? It eventually shows, but I would like it to show after tabbing from the cell. (Please note the first sentence - I know how to co...

VC and Cobra and OTS
Hello, Can i use VC to build a project using cobra and OTS to communicate with other UNIX system? Do you mean CORBA? WTH "So Sick" <Sug@sug.com.hk> wrote in message news:OJ6KUh%232DHA.1264@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > Can i use VC to build a project using cobra and OTS to communicate with > other UNIX system? > > > > yes ..... sorry. "WTH" <spamsucks@Ih8it.com> wrote in message news:u09iMT$2DHA.2460@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Do you mean CORBA? > > WTH > > "So Sick" <Sug@sug.com.hk>...

Question on mailbox security tab on a user i see listed there
When i pull up a users mailbox and look at the security tab to see the list of who has security access to the mailbox it has a listing that looks like this. HQDC4$(administrator\HQDC2$) I do not have a domain controller named HQDC4 (Their could have been one before i started here.) What is it for and does it need to be there? That's not something that shows by default. My guess is that at some point you had a machine by that name in the environment. You could find a guinea pig account and remove it and see what happens but my guess will be nothing. Thanks, Dan "charles18...

SORTING question
Hi. I'm using MS XP (Home) and MS Excel 2003, and I'm just learning how to use the program, so please bear with me (what follows below is a little long-winded). I recently imported a very large Access database file into Excel. This file has five columns, and one of them is a KeyID column (numbering 1 to 60,000). I will be sorting this Excel Sheet frequently, but I need to maintain the exact (original) order of the file for reasons I won't go into here. I will sort the Sheet, make some changes, then sort on the KeyID column to return to the original order (which starts a...

2 questions
Just bought the PC with Vista Home and IE7. There are 2 questions please. 1. I don't know how Microsoft Bing is on the browser toolbars. How can I get rid of it? 2. Icons on the desktop are somewhat too big. How can I reduce their size? TIA One answer. 1. Click the down arrow to the right of the search box and then Search Options-Change Search Defaults, highlight Bing and Remove. ....Alan -- Alan Edwards, MS MVP Windows - Internet Explorer http://dts-l.com/index.htm On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 13:32:23 +0800, in microsoft.public.windows.v...

Questions about the Data Migration Framework
Hello, I try to use the Data Migration Framework and during population of the CDF-Database I run in a problem which I would like to discuss. The task is quite simple but I found the DMF to be the most suitable solution to it. We want to remove the leads from our database and only run contacts and customers. We found that our organization doesn't need the separation of Leads and Customers in the sense CRM sees it. We will set the status of a contact/account via a customized field. So in an Access-Database I set links to the CRM-tables for Lead and Annotation. Also I set links to the CDF-...

create automatic response to questions in excel....
Hi, Is there a way in excel where I have 10 questions and can click on one question and get the answer to pop up in my spreadsheet? thank you, Felicia On Dec 1, 6:39 am, felicia <feli...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > Is there a way in excel where I have 10 questions and can click on one > question and get the answer to pop up in my spreadsheet? > > thank you, > > Felicia One way, with questions in A1:A10 and corresponding correct answers in A1:A10 on a hidden worksheet with tab name "Answers"... right click the tab of the sheet with the qu...

Attachment Question.
Mayhaps I'm on drugs, but I recall that when I sent an attachment it was ATTACHED as an attachment. Now when I send an attachment, it is included in the body of the message. Hugh??? WazUp Sounds like you sent a message in rich-text format. Compare with the = results for HTML and plain text messages.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=3D54=20 "Waz Up" <ms_mvp@netservices.net> wrote in message = news:eYnUz4kvHHA.4528@TK2MSF...

Simplest Question
Hi everyone I have this macro below that creates charts automatically and it works so far with no problems. I have 4 sheets Sheets("V","$","RU","Chart") Currently all the charts gets created below the actual data sheet "$". Q: How do I alter or add to this macro in order to make the chart in sheets("Chart") instead of sheets("$") ? Thanks alot for your help. regards, James Sub Graph() Dim L As Single, T As Single, W As Single, H As Single Dim i As Long, cnt As Long Dim X As Long, xx As Long, lastRow As Long Dim gap ...

Question for experts IE 8 on Win 7
When I have an IE 8 window open, I experience a flickering in the taskbar. This stops when I minimize the window or run the cursor over it. Have run antivirus, spyware, malware... everything's good. Should I worry? Hi, Do you have the G'Mail Taskbar notifier installed? or the Google Task bar search box installed? On Win7 you can click on the Task Bar Notification area and then choose which 'services' you want displayed on the Task Bar. (other OS versions you need to disable these items from msconfig>Startup.) Ensure you have the latest versions of Goog...

OT
OT - OFF - TOPIC Hola amig@s; El gobierno Colombiano en su continuo inter�s de ofrecer oportunidades acad�micas y profesionales a todos sus habitantes y a todos los interesados en capacitaci�n ha preparado una de las mejores plataformas de educaci�n virtual, con cursos virtuales "certificados" con cero costo. Los invito a visitar la WEB del Servicio nacional de Aprendizaje, nacionales o extranjeros pueden acceder a una de las plataformas educativas gratuitas mejor estructuradas y pagadas por todos los Colombianos. Hay cursos de inform�tica, office, outlook , cursos de Excel...

delegation question
microsoft.public.exchange.admin Hi, E2K SP3. Outlook 2003. User A opens Outlook which has an Exchange mailbox account. On the parent folder, I add Publishing Author permissions for user B. On user B computers, I set up a profile to open User A's mailbox. When she tries to do so, she gets prompted for credentials, and her credentials do not work. What am I missing - what has to be done so that User B can access the mailbox? Thanks, Peter you will need to grant user B "full mailbox access" if user B needs to configure an Outlook profile for user A's mailbox... -- Susan...

1 QUESTION about OUTLOOOK EXPRESS!
You know the little flags that are on the Wright side off the open INBOX I thinks is a paper clip, a down arrow and then somethi9ng I never saw before today a pair of sunglasses! What the hell! Maybe it was there but today I got a letter with the sunglasses next to it does anyone have a clue what this means I looked all over Microsoft's site all the help files in XP Some one please tell me what this means its bugging the shit out of ME! Thanks, Tom ...

Publisher Question #5
How can you select the toolbars that appear on your workspace Isbell wrote: > How can you select the toolbars > that appear on your workspace ============================ Not sure what you mean by "select". If you're asking how to toggle them on or off...just right click and check or uncheck the one you're interested in. Also you can access the settings at... View / Toolbars. -- John Inzer MS Picture It! - Digital Image MVP Digital Image Highlights and FAQs http://tinyurl.com/aczzp Notice This is not tech support I am a voluntee...

OT...Ping...Brian Kvalheim...OT
Hey...Brian... Check your e-mail. If you didn't receive anything from me...give me a current address. -- John Inzer Hmmmm you didn't send me anything John Inzer wrote: || Hey...Brian... || || Check your e-mail. || || If you didn't receive anything from || me...give me a current address. || || -- || || John Inzer Did not receive anything. I am at bkvalheim@hotmail.com -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "��MS-Publisher��" wrote: >...