ostream question, help please!!!

Hi,

Can anyone tell how to reset an ostream object? I used .flush() but it
doesn't work.

e.g.

std::ostream outputstream;
outputstream<<"s1";
outputstream<<"s2";

what i want is "s2" but not "s1s2", how to solve it ?

Any help will be appreciated!

Green

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

by the way, can't create a new ostream object due to the special
requirement, and ostream is the type i have to use.

thanks in advance!

flamesky wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone tell how to reset an ostream object? I used .flush() but
> it doesn't work.
>
> e.g.
>
> std::ostream outputstream;
> outputstream<<"s1";
> outputstream<<"s2";
>
> what i want is "s2" but not "s1s2", how to solve it ?
>
> Any help will be appreciated!
>
> Green

You just can't.

What if the stream is connected to a printer, or a remote network
connection. How would you get your characters back?

If you don't want it output, don't write it to the stream.  :-)

Bo Persson

0
bop (114)
11/11/2006 9:12:54 AM
Hi,
thanks so much for your help!

Best wishes!

Green

Bo Persson wrote:
> flamesky wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Can anyone tell how to reset an ostream object? I used .flush() but
> > it doesn't work.
> >
> > e.g.
> >
> > std::ostream outputstream;
> > outputstream<<"s1";
> > outputstream<<"s2";
> >
> > what i want is "s2" but not "s1s2", how to solve it ?
> >
> > Any help will be appreciated!
> >
> > Green
>
> You just can't.
>
> What if the stream is connected to a printer, or a remote network
> connection. How would you get your characters back?
>
> If you don't want it output, don't write it to the stream.  :-)
>

> Bo Persson

Backup question

a question and a question

Quickbooks Integration Help
Good Afternoon - I am running RMS 1.3 for my sporting goods business. I want to integrate Quickbooks 2006 with RMS. The threads that I have searched for Quickbooks on the thread are not very detail oriented, just posting confusion or troubles with the integration itself. Are there any good resources out there that can help or companies that will do the integration remotely? I have created the Chart of accounts but I am getting errors on the export... THanks in advance. Jamie ...

AliR
AliR: I am Eric Sassaman from the Microsoft MVP program. I have some important information for you. Could you please reply directly to me at ericsa@online.microsoft.com, less the "online." part? Your email address will be kept confidential. Thanks! -Eric ...

question boxes
I am trying to build a form that will search a table. This is based on the following link, http://en.allexperts.com/q/Using-MS-Access-1440/Access-Search-Form.htm. I have a form that contains a subform. That subform is based on a query w2nich is based on a table that I'm trying to search. When I double click the form, or try to open it, instead on opening, a series of question boxes comes up. These question boxes are the fields that I'm trying to search. If I put in the data, the right record is found, but what I wanted was for the form to open, then put in the dat...

Help #28
I am trying to create a daily,MTD, YTD production report. and we have some days schedule outages in April and Oct. and these are not fixed days. What i want ,on these schedule outages the daily budget should show 'O' and MTD and YTD shoud not count these schedule outage days. How can i acomplish this?. Any help will be appriciated. Thanks In advance For Example DAILY MONTH TO DATE YEAR TO DATE BUDGET ACTUAL BUDGET ACTUAL BUDGET ACTUAL 3,828.00 3,824.15 7,656.00 7,647.41 7,656.00 7,647.41 ...

outlook rules question
is there a way to specify to look for a word in a subject/body from the beginning of a line etc. ppcguy <goahead@hehe.com> wrote: > is there a way to specify to look for > a word in a subject/body from the beginning > of a line etc. No. -- Brian Tillman Yes I use this type of rule on the subject line and it is also available looking for a word in either the subject or the body. First serach for the word plus a space say "Outlook " then specify what action you want and then when you click next specify the exception which in this case wouldd be " Outlook...

Graph question #2
Hi Folks, Quick query with regards to how data is read by a graph. I have a sheet featuring the number of staff assigned to the call centre at 1/2 hour points throughout the day. This data is stored in a sheet called 'Data' and in cells D17, E17, F17 etc etc. The data within this page is not very well presented as it is run automatically from the system we use here so I have made a more presentable table and graph. For the table for each 1/2 i simply reference the cell in the data page so that all i have to do to update the sheet week by week is paste fresh data in. Using =Data!D17 t...

EXCEL Hyperlink to Charts Questions.. URGENT.. =(
I have an excel file which consists of many charts. I would like to set up a directory to link to different charts in the table of contents. Is there any ways to do it? Thank you so much. In xl2002>ctrl+k>select "place in this document">select your chart. Or you could use a double click event macro -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "kaci" <kaci@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C76ACF35-154E-439E-B318-A6162EF69F14@microsoft.com... > I have an excel file which consists of many charts. I would like to set up a > di...

IF formula question
Hi all, i have a spreadsheet formatted as below Sheet1 Name Pin Time Fred 3325 3.25 Dave 3326 5.42 Chris 3327 5.42 Sheet 2 Name Pin Time Bob 2322 Dave 3325 Fred 3326 Chris 3327 What i want is a formula in the time column of sheet 2 that will look in sheet 2 first and say if that pin number matches a pin number in sheet 1 then in the Time Column of sheet 2 the Time Value of sheet 1 should be displayed The names in sheet 2 and sheet 1 will not be in the same row but will be in the same column so the formula will need to look at the whole ...

Policy Question
Is it possible to prevent a person in Outlook from Deleting any of their emails that come in? And I mean ANY if their emails. If so, where is the policy and/or how does a person go about implementing that? Thanks, Jon Check the Office Resource Kit for your version of Office. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Jon asked: | Is it possible to prevent a person in Outlook from Deleting any of | their emails that c...

Next If Help
I'm trying to create a nested if forumla on the following data. A2 = Mo Service B2 = Max Annual Months of Service Maxium Annual 0-59 months 225 hrs. 60-119 months 277.50 hrs. 120-179 months 337.50 hrs. 180-239 months 390 hrs. If the Max Annual >225 and <60 Mo Service, "Over" >277.5 and <120 >337.5 and <180 >390 and <240 How do I create a nested if on the above information? Thanks, Paul Paul not clear what complete result you are trying to achieve: Presumably these are hours - >277.5 and <120 >337.5 and <180 &g...

Convert CStdioFile into an ostream object
Hello, I have an CStdioFile object, and I would to create an ostream from the file. So far, my only luck has been to get the file descriptor of the CStdioFile and then create an ostream object from that, but I am not sure if there is something better, or if that is even valid. What i have so far: CStdio m_LogHandle; if( m_LogHandle.Open( logPath, CFile::modeCreate | CFile::modeNoTruncate | CFile::modeWrite)) { return true; } std::ofstream ofs(m_LogHandle.m_pStream); .... ... Is that good? My reasoning for trying to get an ostream of the file is because a function that I use requ...

Question about modifying modules.
I know it is a simpleton question, forgive my noobness.I (obviously) know nothing about creating modules. the "for dummies" books don't even enter in to it, and the Access Bible just overwhelms me with info.But I have been able to modify some modules by cut and pasting info into them from wizard created products.A simple example isI set one control button to print a report. and I set a second button to print an envelope with its correspondingaddress info.I cut the command from button 2 and pasted it into button 1 so it prints both with one comand button.My question is, can a paus...

Help with graph / chart
I have a graph for weeks 1-52, I have split this into 4 seperate graphs each showing a quarter (13 weeks) I cant remember exactly how I created them but possibly using some sort of copy paste as each chart show weeks 1 - 13 along the bottom. This should read......... for chart 1 1-13 for chart 2 14 - 26 chart 3 27 - 40 chart 4 41 - 52 How do I change this on each chart to read the week numbers indicated.? thanks Hi, You need to define the Category labels for the chart. Chart 1 is fine as it defaults to the values 1 to 13. For the other 3 charts you will need to create...

Can someone help me with creating reports
What problems are you having. If you are just after general information go to the download section on the site below and you can see a couple of short tutorials. Also download the SDK from microsoft.com/downloads which has information on creating reports. ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "shiranahum" <louplou@nospam.nospam> wrote in message news:OZtdKTjaGHA.3532@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > > ...

A few small questions
I have an Excel document with many tab (actually it look like a database, before any other thing no I can't move it to Access (corporate reasons). I also have a restriction to avoid using macro!!!! First is there a way for footer or header information to include info from cells in the speadsheet. Second you can define info to repeate at the top, what about at the bottom of the page. Third the sheet that serve for report can have up to 8 pages, can the printing zone be define by a cell value, so that page x of y (the y part be other than 8). I have the database part in a sheet bu...

Help with this formula!
Morning all, =INDEX('[PPfV F A.xls]input plus'!$D$1755:$D$1798,MATCH(1,('[PPfV F A.xls]input plus'!$DJ$1755:$DJ$1798=E5)*('[PPfV F A.xls]input plus'!$DG$1755:$DG$1798=MIN('[PPfV F A.xls]input plus'!$DG$1755:$DG$1798)),0)) What im trying to achieve is for the formula to always pick the lowest and next lowest value from the range DG1755:DG1798 based on E5 always being a set value. example: E5 specifies a risk value (say 2). DG1755:DG1798 contains products with a product rating. ie the no1 product has a risk val of 2 ..........no2 product has a risk val of...

SQL Crosstab Question
I have written the following SQL Statement: TRANSFORM Sum(qryTSExportFY.Hours) AS SumOfHours SELECT qryTSExportFY.ProjNum, qryTSExportFY.ProjSub1, qryTSExportFY.ProjSub2, qryTSExportFY.LastName, Sum(qryTSExportFY.Hours) AS TotalHours FROM qryTSExportFY GROUP BY qryTSExportFY.ProjNum, qryTSExportFY.ProjSub1, qryTSExportFY.ProjSub2, qryTSExportFY.LastName PIVOT qryTSExportFY.FiscalYear In ("FY05", "FY06", "July 2006", "August 2006", "September 2006", "October 2006", "November 2006", "December 2006", "Janua...

question on DL with 2005
Hi ya'll! Sorry if this question has been asked before. I"m continuing to look through this list, but thoguht I'd ask while looking. I'm running 2005 Deluxe and so far, I'm actually impressed with it. I understand there is a lot of the featurs that I don't use, so maybe if I used EVERYTHING, then I may feel different. But I've restarted my Money file due to some small problems I had with the old one. I can actually download statements with 2005 directly from my bank website and not have to seperatly go to the websit and manually download it. It's pretty...

typing in formula help
is it possible to do this if(c5=10, take the cell 5 right 3 down to it, 0) i dont know how to write that in excel language thanks a bunch if anyone can hel -- cutsygur ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cutsygurl's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1504 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27569 Hi, Try =IF(C5=10,OFFSET(C5,5,3),0) "cutsygurl" wrote: > > is it possible to do this > if(c5=10, take the cell 5 right 3 down to it, 0) > i dont know how to write t...

Formula help: Matching text and doing a calculation
Hi all, I was hoping that someone here could help me out with a formula. I trying to make a spreadshee for my checkbook and i want to include rows (Fun, Food, Gasoline, Insurance) and in these rows I want to pu a formula that looks at my description of a entry (C#) for the key wor (say Food) then carrys out a formula that takes the cell above it (sa food col. was H) adds it too E Col. of that row and spits out a total I tried something like this. =IF(C1="Food") then (H2=(H1+E2)) else (H2= 0) Sorry if this isn't too clear, rather new to excel :) Thanks Jedediah Klusman JK_K...

Question about VC++ 5.0 and Access 97
I have an MFC with an object of ODBC Class type called "ETable". The ODBC Class hooks into an MS Access 97 table. On a form I am adding a record to the table reading entries from fields. When I press the button to perform the add, I get an Access error box that says "Attempt to Update or Delete Failed". But in fact the add record did NOT fail. The new record is there with all the correct data. What gives? Here is the code to add the info: *********************************************************************** UpdateData(true); while(!ETable->CanUpdate()...

Migrating from Pub98 to Publisher 2003 question
My wife has upgraded from Publisher 98 to 2003 version. In Pub 98 she had a tool called WORD ART FRAME TOOL that she could draw a box and then change fonts, etc. So far all she has found in Publisher 2003 is the WORD ART Tool. When she clicks on this she is forced to select immediately what type of shape she wants. Is there a way to get back to the Frame tool vs the full WORD ART tool in 2003. Any help will be appreciated -- Lee A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Lee Clayton <LeeClayton@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > My wife has upgr...