OnKillFocus, not working with topmost window

Hi,

I have a Dlg, and i used SetWindowpos(...) to ensure that it is the top most
window.
But, i also want to ensure that i never looses the focus for that window.

If i click on another window and want the focus to return to my window until
the user has finished with it.

How could that be done?

Many Thanks

Sims

0
siminfrance (102)
1/28/2004 9:07:39 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"Sims" <siminfrance@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<bv84bd$p469v$1@ID-162430.news.uni-berlin.de>...
> Hi,
>
> I have a Dlg, and i used SetWindowpos(...) to ensure that it is the top most
> window.
> But, i also want to ensure that i never looses the focus for that window.
>
> If i click on another window and want the focus to return to my window until
> the user has finished with it.
>
> How could that be done?

Are you talking about a system-wide modal dialog? If so, you can set
your dialog to have that property. I've never done it, so I can't tell
you how, but now you know what you're looking for...

HTH

Paul.
0
paul.ganney1 (118)
1/29/2004 12:13:52 PM

> Are you talking about a system-wide modal dialog? If so, you can set
> your dialog to have that property. I've never done it, so I can't tell
> you how, but now you know what you're looking for...

Hi,

Thanks for your input.

I don't think i want such drastic actions.
What i was after was to be the top most window, (and have the focus), for a
selected window.

For example, lets say that i start the calculator, i want my application to
display a dialog box and force the user to acknowledge it b4 he can do
anything.
I can get the window of the calculator but i cannot force the focus to
remain on my dialog box.

Sims

0
siminfrance (102)

Graphing work and remaining work over time
I would like to generate a graph showing total actual work and remaining work for a top level task over time (week), This would enable me to show the projected remaining work through the duration of the project as it decreases from N to 0, and show the actual work completed though the duration of the project as it increases from 0 to N. The canned visual reports don't allow me to do this (that I can see anyway). Maybe I'm missing something. I also can't see how to customize a visual report that will do what I want. Using Microsoft Project 2007 (not the Server edit...

GP8 Manufacturing
Hello Everybody. Our Shop works 5 days a week (closed weekends). We have a WC that works 6 days a week (down Sundays only). We have setup both the Shop and WC Calendars to reflect this reality. We would expect that, when scheduling an MO that routes thru this WC, the WC calendar will override the Shop Calendar? However, our tests are not showing this to be true - We use a Backwards Infinite Scheduling Method and it always skips the weekend when calculating the start day of an MO regardless of the WC. Does anyone have any experience working with the WC Calendars? Please share your wis...

Get Windows directory
Hello, How do you get the name of the windows directory? Some windows directories are named "Windows","Winnt" "W2000",... TIA, Barbara ...

outlook2003 send button does not work
send button does not work i have tryed a new email acc. and reinstalling with no luck. now i am useing express and then export to outlook ...

Drag and Drop does not work
Hi all. This is funny: When I try to drag and drop a message from "Inbox" to "Backup" I get an error message. When I right click and select "move to folder"- it does work. ANY CLUES? TIA Guy Not a single one. No Outlook version = no clues. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Guy Cohen asked: | Hi all. | | This is funny: | When I try to drag and drop a message from "Inbox" ...

Internet Explorer E-mail links are no longer working in Outlook?
Hi, As soon as I click an e-mail link in Internet Explorer, another Outlook pops up. It used to just open a fresh new e-mail screen with the persons address already in the "TO:" line ? I can't figure out what I did wrong. Thanks, Rich ...

IE 8 & windows 2000
Can I upgrade to IE8 with windows 2K operating system No. haulden wrote: > Can I upgrade to IE8 with windows 2K operating system ...

OnSetFocus(), OnKillFocus()
Hi, I have a standard MDI app. My view class is CFormView based. I have a microsoft chart activex control placed on top of the form. In the CFormView class I have a handler for OnSetFocus() and OnKillFocus(). I have this strange behaviour where if I click on another view in my app, the previous view that had focus first gets a kill focus message, then gets a set focus message somehow! It should just get a kill focus and that is it when losing focus. I have no idea why this is happening, but without the control present, the focus problem goes away and the set/kill focus messages are receive...

hyperlinks don't work
the hyperlinks on my web page don't work when i try them in preview. i've gone through the troubleshooting possibilities and none of them apply. any ideas? I cover the common reasons on my FAQ page www.davidbartosik.com/faq.htm and if you are using version 2002 be sure to visit my section on 2002 for more issues. If you still need help after reviewing my documentation then post in our forum at "microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign" with details. -- David Bartosik - Microsoft MVP Visit www.davidbartosik.com for Publisher and Web Design Tips and How-to's. "emily&...

Failed to run Windows Explorer from MFC using ShellExecute.
I use Visual C++ MFC 4.2. I need to run a Windows Explorer if user click a Button on my application. Here is the code: void RunExplorer() { CString sParameter; sParameter.Format( "%s %s", "/n, /e, ", "C:\\ABC\\" ); ShellExecute( GetSafeHwnd(), "explore", "explorer.exe", sParameter, sCDFolderSakuseiPath, SW_SHOWNORMAL ); } But it failed to execute the explorer. What was wrong? Thank you very much. Use open verb - ShellExecute( GetSafeHwnd(), "open", "explorer.exe", sParameter, sCDFolderSakuseiPath, SW_...

SunTrust Auto-Download Not Working after Banking Upgrade
I have been automatically downloading transactions from SunTrust since I installed MS$ 2007 Deluxe last year. I have done this without having to signup (for a fee of 5.95/month) with SunTrust for MS$ support. AFter the MS Banking Upgrade, I had to re-establish my SunTrust account with MS$. But, now I'm told (by MS$) that I don't have a SunTrust on-line account. Any thoughts? Anyone? I have been having issue as well with Suntrust, even if you get it to work you will find that its basically useless now downloading and duplicating pending transactions repeatedly, this is where I am ...

Spell check not working.

Windows 2003 Server Role Hardware Specifications
Hello, I don't know where I saw it but is there a link that talks about the hardware specifications for the various servers roles such as DCs, file server, web server, etc.? -- Thank you for your help! JYC Hello Mr. JYC, Maybe this can help you: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/solutionaccelerators/ee382254.aspx Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups ** HELP us help YOU!!! http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm >...

Working with option buttons in Word 2002
So, we are trying to create a form in Word 2002 in which we offer a series of radio or "option" buttons for some of our survey questions. However, we are struggling to make the option buttons work through the "Web Tools" toolbar. We can create the list we want to create, but can't save the file so it can be e-mailed and utilized in the correct capacity. Can someone please walk me through the steps of how to create a form in which there are numerous questions, almost all of which utilize the same clickable "option buttons" to choose either a &q...

Windows SharePoint Services 6398 Timer
This is a new build, in Jan 2010, of SBS 2008 std. Full patched. Getting loads and loads of these. Log Name: Application Source: Windows SharePoint Services 3 Date: 26/02/2010 08:30:02 Event ID: 6398 Task Category: Timer Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: XXXXXX-SBS.xxxxxx.local Description: The Execute method of job definition Microsoft.SharePoint.Search.Administration.SPSearchJobDefinition (ID 51e6fb53-ed1d-42b8-ad9c-44c9fda18619) threw an exception. More information is included below. The gathe...

Working with WORKS
We have some spreadsheets in WORKS 4.5 fpr Windows 95. But Excel 2000 won't open them. It says that the version is incompatible. How can that be if it is an older version of WORKS? Using Windows XP. -- ____________________ Bill DeShawn Please reply to group only Thank you http://my.sterling.net/~bdeshawn Generally you would normally open the file in WORKS and then save it down as a file that Excel can read. .xlr is a native Excel format, or .txt, .csv, dbaseIV are all formats it can read. You can also find a converter here if you don't have WORKS. http://www.rl-software.co...

hyperlink in new IE window
I use Excel for my home financial reports and for my investments, I have the stock symbol listed onscreen with a hyperlink to Yahoo finance stock/mutual fund symbol. like http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=FEQIX If I want to get online info, I click the symbol and it opens, but - it opens in Excel. I understand why, and I'd like it to open it in an IE window. ( I find that often I close that window - forgetting that it is my Excel file that I'm closing - not an IE window. ) I've looked around and see folks saying to write the code like this: <A HREF="http://www.pageresourc...

failure of Open XML 1.1.4 to work
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Previous versions of this worked fine. This version comes up with comment &quot;not enough memory&quot;. As I have 2mg Ram this seems strange. Any help appreciated. I'm afraid you haven't provided sufficient information for anyone to go on, especially since that message quite often has nothing to do with memory. For any questions of a technical or performance nature it's important that you specify your current update level of OS X as well as for Office. Exactly when does this messag...

validation does not work
If I input cell's value with VBA codes, the validation rules contained in the cell would probably not work, are there any other ways to make the validation works when I set its value outside the sheet? Thanks, Jack AFAIK Data Validation will only work if a value is entered into the relevant cell and entered by hitting 'Enter' Regards, Alan. "Jack Zhong" <noemail@invalid.com> wrote in message news:mn.79157d685e0c5d14.57832@invalid.com... > If I input cell's value with VBA codes, the validation rules contained in > the cell would probably not work,...

subtracting a break from hours worked
windows xp, excel 2003. i have never used any type of spreasheet before so am needing help. i have downloaded cpearson's timesheet which was a great help for setting up my timesheet. it works great but i'm having a problem deducting 0.5hr break, this break does not have a start or finish time. i dont know where in the formula to put the break. the sheet is set up like this: start time finish time break total hours worked 13:00 22:00 0.5 8.5 the formula i am using is =(I2-H2+(I2<H2))*24 where do i put the break part of the formula. any help would be mos...

Windows XP Pro
Boas ! Tenho 1 windows xp pro ingles multilanguage. Instalei o cd (em ingles) depois coloquei o cd da linguagem portugues, e passou tudo para portugues. At� aqui tudo, bem (IE em pt). Ap�s baixar todas as actualizaoes atrav�s do windows update (IE8, etc...), o IE8 ficou em ingles. Desinstalei o IE8, baixei da microsoft o IE8 em pt, mas nao aceita, diz que o SO est� noutro idioma. O que posso fazer para aceitar o IE8 em pt, entre outros ???? Obrigado. Ol� ! Avelino Tavares ! Voc� precisa instalar o Windows XP Pro (Portugu�s) na Primeira Instala��o. Como voc� inici...

Drag and drop pictures in Excel 2003 from Windows Explorer?
In previous versions, I could drag and drop pictures from Windows Explorer in Excel. With Excel 2003, I can see the cursor changing to a "plus" as if it is copying it over, but no picture is copied over. Can anyone help me with this? ...

Problem with Windows Update
I have a problem with windows update, it does not continually recieve microsoft's updates and install them, today i have learned it has not installed any updates since 2005. My operating system is Windows XP, and I have a Emachine T6410. The error code is 0x80072EE2, and I have already done the suggested solutions to the problem on the website. Berry-Morin wrote: > I have a problem with windows update, it does not continually > recieve microsoft's updates and install them, today i have learned > it has not installed any updates since 2005. My operating system is ...

Moving Exchange 5.5 on NT4 to new Windows 2000 Server.
This is my first post and I'm hoping to get a little advise. Hi. I need to move Exchange 5.5 running on NT4 Server(BDC) onto a new machine running Windows 2000 Server. The new server must have the same name as the NT4 server. There is no AD in the network as yet. Just a PDC and a BDC(current NT4 Exchange box), plus several member NT and 2000 boxes. The new hardware is not compatible with NT4, so I am forced to load Windows 2000 Server onto it. I'm familiar with the process of backup, restore, mailbox moving etc, but I do not know the consequence of doing a backup of Exchange on ...

I need to work with CListView
I try to use the CListView deried class to display the customer details in SDI . I cant insert the details can any one help. I am new to MFC. So please help me. Thanks in advance. regards, KSMH On Feb 15, 2:21 am, "mohamed hanif" <mohamedhani...@gmail.com> wrote: > I try to use the CListView deried class to display the customer > details in SDI . > > I cant insert the details can any one help. I am new to MFC. So please > help me. > > Thanks in advance. > > regards, > KSMH Whats the problem? What happens when you insert/add? Look at codeguru/...