ole drag and drop problem in a ListView

I've implemented ole drag and drop in my application's listview. My
understanding is that I should get scrolling for free but I don't get any
scrolling action. Am I missing something here? I'm new to OLE so any pointers
would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Omundu.

0
omundu (4)
11/18/2004 7:25:03 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Message problems after using the Inbox Repair Tool
In Outlook 2000 I ran the Inbox Repair Tool on a damaged pst file. It repaired the file but now I can't move/copy many of the e-mails from the "Recovered Folder". I get the error message: "Can't copy the items. This task cannot be performed for Remote Mail message headers. Download the complete messages, and then complete the task" However, the message is complete and I can read it by opening the message as normal. Also the preview pane doesn't work on these messages - I get a message saying: "This item contains active content that cannot be dis...

shared files problems
I have a file I share with some other people. I have it open almost all the time. Used to be when other people wanted into it, they could open a read-only copy. Then my hard drive blew up, and after fixing it, now they get an error message about not being able to open it. What do I change to get it back the way it was? Thanks how are they trying to open it? If it was a shortcut, then the link is gone and they need to re-connect to your computer. "russ b" wrote: > I have a file I share with some other people. I have it open almost all the > time. Us...

Drop Down List in Excel
Hello, I need to analyse survey data in excel. I can make a drop down list in Excel, via Validation, and get the option to enter one choice. However, one question asks respondents to select "all" that apply. I do not know how to do this, there are anything from one to six selections. The ideal choice would be to be able to selct more than one rather than have to enter each choice as a new column. Any help would be much appreciated Thanks maybe this would work, if your dropdown menu is in A1 and the formula is in B1 =IF(A1="a",1,IF(A1="B",2,IF(A1="...

Drag and Drop Problem
Hi Everyone, I have a drag and drop problem. I have an MDI application. The child frame has two docking pannels and a view. One of the docking pannels is a CListCtrl. I allow users to drag and drop listbox items from one view to another. That part works fine. Where I am having a problem is when the list box of the view being dragged to is covered by another window. So what I did was created a COleDropTarget for the Child frame and all it did was when the OnDragOver gets called I call BringWindowToTop(m_hWnd) to bring the window that the mouse is on to the Top and this part works fine too. ...

Big problem with numbered lists
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi everybody, <br> I'm having a big problem with a word 2008 file. In this file I've numbered all the paragraph titles with 2 levels: title 1 and title 2. Everything is working till I print the file. When I print it in some different point of the document numbering fails (for example the second level number 5.8 become 4.1 and many of the following change). In the file, at the end of printing numbers are wrong but different (4.1 is now 5.1) and if I change something in the document all the numbers ...

drag & drop
I'm having a problem w/dragging & dropping email into folders while using MS Outlook 2003. After dropping about 3/4 email messages into folders (no matter where you drop them)I recieve this error message "Not enough storage is available to process this command". I've ckecked Event Viewer & task manager & cannot find any information about this problem so I can address it.I have also tried "Rebooting" and still get the same issue. Does anyone know how I can solve this issue??? .. ...

"manual" serialization problem
I have written an MDI app that uses serialization. Now I have started a task that requires reading data into the document object without displaying/viewing, etc. So I get the file name using a CFileDialog, create a new CFile and open it, then create a new CArchive object as follows: if ( newFile.Open(fileName, CFile::modeRead) == 0) // Error opening file { #ifdef DEBUG CString msg = "Cannot open " + fileName; AfxMessageBox(msg); #endif return FILE_ERROR; } CArchive ar(&newFile, CArchive::load); scanDoc->Serialize( ar ); The problem is, the process fa...

formulas not dragging
In the past couple of months we have had problems with two of our spreadsheets used for payroll. These are spreadsheets that are duplicated and used each week for hours and such. For some reason the formulas won't drag. If you try to drag a formula for totalling columns, the value of the source cell appears instead of the total for each column. We are on a network with two computers using 2000 and one computer using 2002. What is more odd about this is we can go back into prior years in different directories and that particular spreadsheet has the same problem. This happene...

Exchange 2003
We have A LOT of users who drop files into folders in Outlook - basically, using our Exchange server as a fileserver. Can this be restricted at the server level? Thanks, Mark I don't think there is a method to stop messages from being dropped in. I'm assuming users copying files into their own outlook folders? The only thing to discourage is mailbox limits. James Chong (MVP) MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+ msexchangetips.blogspot.com On Mar 20, 9:27 am, justmark <justm...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We have A LOT of users who drop files into folders in Outlook...

Unique Problem
I was hired 3 months ago to update and maintain an Access database for the state. I am writing queries and forms and so forth as needed but I am also entering data. No one has added data to this database in months - they had just kind of "let it go" until they got someone hired. Now my boss wants to know "what percent of the database has been updated. Is there a way to tell how much of a database has changed in the last 3 months/last week/last day? Help please!!! Thanks so much!!!!! Sorry, no. If you're going to need this information on an ongoing basis, add a new Da...

Problem opening excel from other application
If I double-click on an excel file in, say, explorer - or try to open an excel file which is an Outlook attachment I get the following error message : "There was a problem sending the command to the program." Four other points : - the excel application opens but the file doesn't - the xls xlsx file association is set to excel - it only happens with excel - double clicking on a word document or opening a f-a *.doc file works fine - I can open the excel file if I open excel first and do File/Open OS is Win7; Excel version is 2007 Can anyone help Tx ...

drop and drop task order
I recently switched to a new instance of Outlook 2007. In my custom task view I was grouping by category. I was also able to drag and drop tasks to change their order. Now, on this new instance of Outlook, I am not able to drag and drop in this fashion. Drag and drop will only occur between categories. I can drag a task(s) from one category to another. I want to be able to drag and drop the task and change the order they are listed. Can someone give me a tip on what I need to do with the custom view that will allow me to do this and still have grouping on category? Thanks...

Mac problems opening excel files when connected to two windows shares

cell formatting problems
I installed Office 2000 onto my desktop before I reformatted the hard drive and everything worked fine. I reformatted and then got a laptop. For some reason certain functions are now refusing to work. Funtions such as: formatting individual cells and colouring individual cells (or lines). I can't change any of the cells properties...the window doesn't come up at all when I do Ctrl+1. Also, when I try to colourize some cells...nothing happens. Please, please help me. I have uninstalled and then reinstalled with no resolution to the problem. I've tried installing different fea...

Problems sending
I posted this earlier, but still have no answers, althought I think I'm getting closer. I'm getting this NDR when sending to some domains: This message was rejected due to the current administrative policy by the destination server. Please retry at a later time. If that fails, contact your system administrator.<(mydomain).com #4.3.2> (replace my domain by the domain of the server that is sending) I'm getting this on 4 servers which all have different domains at different site that I applied the DST patch on. These were all working fine until the 1st of April. I'...

ALT+TAb problem in W7
Hi, I have an MFC application which its main window does not pop to foreground when the user presses ALT+TAB on W7. Can someone help me understand what may cause it ? thanks, Yoav. This is probably a bug that has been around since XP. I've had the same problem for years on XP, and now on Vista. Instead, I have to start minimizing apps until the one I want appears. A real pain. joe On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 11:04:04 +0300, "Yoavo" <yoav@cimatron.co.il> wrote: > >Hi, >I have an MFC application which its main window does not pop to foreground ...

OLE Program Error
When trying to edit a WordArt object that worked properly in the past now receives the following error message and cannot be opened for editing. Error Message: Publisher cannot launch or communicate with the OLE program server program to complete this task. What can be done to aleviate this error? I have gone through the support database and it is way above my head. I'm wondering if it has to do with any MS updates? If any of you are able to assist, it would be deeply appreciated. It would be helpful to know the version of Publisher you are using. There are different solutions for ...

TWO DOMAIN SEND EMAIL PROBLEM
HI... I have setup small business with exchange server on it and i have config exchange server two accept two different domain email that is @acd.com and other is @xyz.com i am able to receive message from both email but for sending i can send one by one that is @abc.com that all acitive direcoty loaded and is primary but i cannot send email in from field as @xyz.com how i will setup exchange so that i can send email with both different address in from field pls help me Thanks -T Using POP3 Client to send email by other address Outlook MAPI Client will always using the primary em...

Recurring Task Problem
I've set up a recurring Task in Project to reflect our daily sync meeting, 1 hour a day for 4 months. The pertinent details are below: Duration: 1hr Recurrence Pattern: Daily, Every 1 workday Range of Recurrence: Start: Thu 1/7/10, End by: Fri 5/7/10 Calendar: Standard, Scheduling ignores resource calendars The problem is that each person invited to this morning meeting is now assigned 689h of Work time from this task alone. On the advice of another person on this board, I set each meeting to Fixed Duration of 1hr each, but this had no effect on the 689 hours. Can anyon...

copy drag financial years
Hi i use financial years a lot and was wondering if there was a simple way to copy, paste/drag the years down a column so they expand? For example when i drag the years down i get: 2006/07 2006/08 2006/09 Does anyone know how to get 2006/07, 2007/08 etc? Thanks I would do it with a formula. Enter your starting fiscal year in, say, A1, then use: =left(a1,4)+1&"/"&text(right(a1,2)+1,"00") and drag down. Regards, Fred "Ben" <Ben@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA1459EE-9F53-4693-A215-5C5B4CC1E3FA@microsoft.co...

problems getting email sent
I am having difficulty getting my emails from my microsoft email account to go to my yahoo account, or anywhere else. I get a message about "POP3" and SMTP server and an error code. It executes then fails to send the message. I have POP3 110 and SMTP 25, I use Comcast broadband with a cable modem. Can you please help me. I contacted Comcast and they said I would need to contact you. Thank you, -- Rebecca ...

a rather odd problem with the tasks folder
We're running a combination mail/terminal server running exchange 2k. All of the clients are outlook 2k. If you create a new task and insert an item (Insert->Item in outlook) from a puiblic list of contacts then wait untill monday, the link to the contact has polymorphed into a *.bmp file which looks like the icon as it was on friday. I realy haven't got a clue wether this is the server or the client, but it is annoying. Any help would be appreciated. -Royce ...

OLE
I have a table with fields (Id primary key) and (d_object OLE) The field d_Object contain (data base) as OLE Dear all I want to use VBA To Copy OLE from the table and put it in specific place on my H.D (D:\) for example Is This possible Note this posts also post to table design Thank you It's "Blobs" you want to know about, (binary long objects or somethikng like that.) Its a complex procedure about opening a file for writing, and insterting the blob. I didn't understand it when I tried (to read blobs *in* to OLE) go google "write OLE Blob" or look for...

Drag a column header here to group by that colum
When we are in outlook and we are on the inbox view we notice a greyed out field above the pane where the email messages in our inbox reside and the pane has the following heading... "Drag a column header here to group by that column". How can we get rid of this field? Thanking you in advance. Jack Right click the column headers and deselect Group By Box -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Jack Kuzuian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

unsolvable problem
This the first time I've posted a message, left it up for a week and received no replies. My unsolvable problem is mail I send from Outlook or Outlook Express is sent BUT also stays stuck in my outbox with the message that it has not been sent. ...