non-XP CListCtrl with groups

I like the grouping feature in MFC's CListCtrl, but it only works for XP.
Has anybody seen any code that implements this feature for previous OS's? I
searched around for quite a while and came up empty.

I'm looking to do it for an icon view. So, I'd have labeled groups of
thumbnails in a scrollable window.

0
sorry (37)
7/11/2005 10:02:52 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Creating a field to search and enter non duplicate data
Hello all. I have a team of 15 pople that all work with reference numbers, on occasion a number has to be sent to a different work group. I've created a spreadsheet for them to enter the numbers into, but we have been duplicating numbers. I want to create a field to enter th number into, have the field cross reference the exsting numbers, and if it does not find a match, enter the number and sort the list. I know how to create a custom macro that will accomplish what I want to do, but I'd prefer a static formula if it's possible. A formula can not do waht y...

copy and paste into xp defaults to text data-type
When I copy and paste data into Excel XP from other applications (such as Access), I find that the numeric fields always default to text data types. This is really irritating!!! I know that I can go in afterwards and convert them to numbers. However, is there some setting somewhere that can change the default to number, so that I don't have to convert them each time? The data I am pasting into excel is wholely number format (ie. there is no mixture between numeric and text datatypes). Thanks Belinda Instead of pasting, you can choose Edit>Paste Special, and choose csv or Tex...

Group Calendaring
I'd like to know if anyone has any experience with group calendaring on CRM, eith through 3rd party recommended vendors or upcoming plans from Microsoft. ...

non

Query a non-MS/non-Active Directory LDAP Server
Hi All, Does anyone know how to query an LDAP server from Access VBA that is not a Microsoft / Active Directory (AD) server? I have found a lot of stuff about how to query AD and have succeeded in doing so. But that does not seem to transfer to the non-MS LDAP server. It gives the error "Automation error" "There is no such object on the server." Thanks, Clifford Bass -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-modules/201004/1 Clifford Is there a chance that there...

I can't open an xls.file compressed(zipped)folder in Windows XP?
I get this error message: " The file may be in use by another application, the file format may not be supported by any of the installed converter, or the file may be corrupted" ...

Non Delivery Strangeness
I rebooted Exchange 2003 SP2 and received the following NonDelivery email on 1/3/2006 for an email sent on12/15/2005. I and other users received a few of these and the server seems to perform normally for the 100's of other emails that are sent and received daily. Thanks, Dan Foxley ---------------------- Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Purchasing From Your Site Sent: 12/19/2005 2:05 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: smartservice@smartwool.com on 1/3/2006 10:17 AM The e-mail system was unable to deliver the message, but d...

NON TAXABLE Item Setup, What TAX CODE to assign
What is the proper way to set up a non taxable item like a coupon or labor? I was assigning the <not assigned> (RMS dbase Tax ID 0) (But I just read said to delete the <not assigned> tax code. to prevent a runtime error (we have not had yet)) Do I need to setup a Non tax tax code? and add all non tax items to it? PS I have a < > (blank)(RMS Dbase tax id 3) tax code that seems to need to be deleted, RMS assigned it tax code 3. There are currently no items assigned to the < > blank tax id I can not find any guidance in the RMS Help. It seems MS ex...

NDR from non-existent email address
Any user that sends a meeting request to the user in question gets the following responce. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. I changed the info to the innocent. Subject: test Sent: 8/16/2005 9:01 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Gay, Esse M. on 8/16/2005 9:02 AM The recipient name is not recognized The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=XXX;l=XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX MSEXCH:MSExchangeMTA:EXCHANGE:XXXXXX This only happens with meeting invites, regular email goes through just fine. It is jus...

Non-cash, Non-regular Transactions
Money 2003 SE V11 I have a need to set up transactions, such as Mileage, to keep track of non-cash activities. I currently handle it by setting up Bills & Deposits split into two transactions totalling $0.00. The first is the Category/Subcategory I want to track and the second is a Category/(Non-Cash Offset Subcategory) that I filter out of all reports. This works ok for me. Example: (meaning 23 miles traveled) Mileage:Medical/Dental 23.00 Mileage:Offset Non-cash Transaction -23.00 However, the transaction is not regularly occurring. Yet we are required to ...

bios does not automatically select Hard Drive that contains Windows XP
I have an HP PC computer with a single built in hard drive which contains Windows XP. Recently, when I turn computer power on to start computer, it the computer does not access the hard drive that contains XP. I am able to boot up only by pressing the ESC key when starting the computer, which forces the computer to access the BOOT MENU screen. Once there, I must select the single hard drive, and then exit the boot menu and the Windows completes the boot process. Is there anything I can do to force the BIOS to access the hard drive automatically, and not one of the other USB ...

Updating from XP/2002 to 2003, no categories came
Updating from Outlook XP/2002 to 2003, none of my old categories came over, either on the master list or with my individual contacts. Suggestions? (other than recreating/reassigning) Thank you, Wayland. The Master Category List is in the registry -- see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/olcat.htm for location of the registry entries and see if they still exist. As for the categories saved with individual contacts -- did you import from your old .PST file or did you open the .PST in Outlook and copy the data to the new .PST? Copying would work best... -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** ...

Outlook XP #17
Hello, I had ofice 11 beta 2 on my computer until it expired. SO I installed Office 2002 but I cannot get my outlook to work. Here is the error message I get: UNABLE TO OPEN YOUR DEFAULT E-MAIL FOLDERS. COULD NOT OPEN ITEM. TRY GAIN. Any help? Outlook 2003 has a new Unicode format for .PST files and that format is not compatible with older versions of Outlook. You do have a couple of options for getting your data back in the old format, though -- see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2003.htm#betaexp for help. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address wil...

Windows XP looks like classic. Virus?
Well I have Windows xp and I turned off my computer today. Turned it back on later, and The whole Start menu and taskbars took the look of windows classic. The blocky one. I've been doing various cleanups but is this a virus or fixable? Check your video adapter drivers, they may have gotten corrupted and need to be reinstalled. "Ressurekt" wrote: > Well I have Windows xp and I turned off my computer today. Turned it back on > later, and The whole Start menu and taskbars took the look of windows > classic. The blocky one. I've been doing various cl...

Best group for Windows 7 issues?
Best news group for Windows 7 issues? Thank you for your help. None -- .. -- "Erik" <reply-to-group@email.net> wrote in message news:%235ft4l3iKHA.5524@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Best news group for Windows 7 issues? > Thank you for your help. alt.windows7.general Just my opinion :) "Erik" <reply-to-group@email.net> wrote in message news:#5ft4l3iKHA.5524@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Best news group for Windows 7 issues? > Thank you for your help. On Sat, 2 Jan 2010 02:01:52 -0500, Erik wrote: >Best news group for ...

mail from non exsiting user accounts
Hi, I have one exchange 2003 cluster server. and the email address configured as user@corp.ho.com. We are not using it for external mails. one of our IBM AIX user is able to send mails to anybody in my exchange server eventhough he is not having mail account in the windows 2003 domain. if u check the ID of the sender u will see that he is also using the same domain name ie @corp.ho.com... How can i stop others who do not having account in exchange to send mails to my domain. thanks BM Uncheck "Anonymous access" from SMTP virtual server properties | Access | Authentication and r...

Everyone group is missing
I have no "Everyone" distribution group. I can't create one as it says the object already exists. I cannot resolve in outlook. Help? On Tue, 6 Jun 2006 10:34:02 -0700, John L <JohnL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have no "Everyone" distribution group. I can't create one as it says the >object already exists. I cannot resolve in outlook. Help? huh? The everyone group is a builtin group controlled by OS. If you add permissions to an object you should be able to resolve it. If you want an All Users DL for the GAL, create it, call it wha...

CListCtrl #13
I've derived a class from CListCtrl that creates and stores a bold version of the control's font in the event I want to do some custom drawing. CMyListCtrl { CFont m_fontBold; ... // During creation, call GetFont, get its LOGFONT, apply // bold weight, then create m_fontBold } 1) Is it possible that the control's font could change while the app is running based on changes a user makes to Windows Appearance/Display settings? (or some other system wide setting) 2) If so, how would I detect the change from within the control so that I could then update the bold font to match...

Pull Data From Non-Default Calendar
Hello, I am running Outlook 2003 and I have a macro that pulls data from the default calendar. I created a new calendar named "Instructor Schedule" which is a subfolder under Calendar. I would like to change the code so that the data is pulled from the new calendar. Currently I am using the following code. Set colCal = objNS.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderCalendar).Items What change would I need to implement to get my desired results? Thanks. Regards, Chris -- Regards, Chris Set colCal = objNS.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderCalendar).Folders.Item("Instructor Sch...

non project time
I am using MSP2007 for several projects en use a resource planning. The problem I have is that 1) the people have 8 hour working days but are not working 8 hours on the project. I can simply change the working time per person (it is different per group) but when I ad vacation as a task (next problem) MSP is not using the 8 hours but the adjusted time. This means that the vacation days are shorter than actual. 2) how can I use the non working time and make it visible in the Gantt Chard, like individual vacation and the non project time per day. 3) when adding vacation in the res...

message configure office xp with front page
Hi. I have a problem when starting up Excel. A message window comes up and says 'please wait while office xp configures with frontpage' . Then asks for the installation CD of office XP. I don't have the installation CD, and I don't use front page. The message came up a while back and I lost the excel icon entirely from Office toolbar. I had to pin it to startmenu manually from office short cut bar. Is there any chance I can end this problem? I think it has something to do with Visio which I installed and uninstalled after about a week because I didn't need it. Wi...

List Groups in Page or Report Header?
I have a report with several groups. I would like to list the items in one group in the page header. For example: GroupA contains Cats, Dogs, Fish In the Page Header I would like a field that would show those items. How can I do that? TIA Karin wrote: >I have a report with several groups. I would like to list the items in one >group in the page header. > >For example: GroupA contains Cats, Dogs, Fish >In the Page Header I would like a field that would show those items. How >can I do that? Create a report based on a query that contains the group id field a...

Outlook XP Upgrade
Does anyone know if an upgrade to Outlook 2003 w/BC can be purchased without buying the entire office suite upgrade? You can buy Outlook 2003 for $109.00 by itself. Frank El Paso, Texas ...

Access XP database
I am creating a database that will produce a sales contract in the construction biz. It will have two tables: one contains the line items and the other the customer information and static contractural information. I need to link the two tables so that I can produce a query from which I will produce a report. 3 questions: 1). What kind of field would I need to create to act as primary key, which leads to question 2). What kind of relationship do I need: one to many, etc and 3). what kind of join would I need to make this work?. The table with line items has a "Yes/No&...

Grouping will not work
I have data in columns A through FG and in rows 1 to 105. I have the months as the column headings, and each Jan-November is grouped to collapse into December using the Group feature on the Data menu. When I go to collapse the view to only display the December columns, after I collapse about 3 of the groupings, excel errors out and tells me it cannot collapse any additional groups because it will have to shift objects off-sheet. How can it be that I ave over 90 unused columns and I am actually making the viewing area less yet still getting tis error. I have tried closing and re-open...