New to VC/MFC

Wonder, what made someone to name the following things?!

ERROR_SUCCESS
CCheckListBox

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On Feb 9, 6:37 am, "v4vijayakumar" <vijayakumar.subbu...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Wonder, what made someone to name the following things?!
>
> ERROR_SUCCESS

<>
It's called ERROR_SUCCESS because it's an error code (and therefore
must be named ERROR_something) but no error occurred.
</>

http://blogs.msdn.com/oldnewthing/archive/2004/08/31/223271.aspx

> CCheckListBox

Whats wrong with this?
---
Ajay

0
ajaykalra (6840)
2/9/2007 2:21:20 PM
On 9 Feb 2007 06:21:20 -0800, "Ajay Kalra" <ajaykalra@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>> CCheckListBox
>
>Whats wrong with this?

May be the OP is unaware of the naming convention of putting the "C"
prefix in front of a class name ( CheckListBox --> CCheckListBox)

MrAsm
0
mrasm (715)
2/9/2007 3:35:49 PM
ERROR_SUCCESS is one of the standard jokes.

CCheckListBox however, is class (C) of a ListBox that supports Checkmarks, so the name
doesn't seem all that odd.
				joe

On 9 Feb 2007 03:37:23 -0800, "v4vijayakumar" <vijayakumar.subburaj@gmail.com> wrote:

>Wonder, what made someone to name the following things?!
>
>ERROR_SUCCESS
>CCheckListBox
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15977)
2/9/2007 4:13:55 PM
So they should have called it ERROR_NONE.

On Feb 10, 8:38 am, "CharlesC" <Char...@bscinforma.com> wrote:
> So they should have called it ERROR_NONE.

"No Error" is not necessarily Success. If it was upto me(and I think
MSFT feels the same) I would name the enum differently altogether more
on the lines of status or return value.

---
Ajay

0
ajaykalra (6840)
2/11/2007 2:45:30 AM
On Feb 9, 9:13 pm, Joseph M. Newcomer <newco...@flounder.com> wrote:
> CCheckListBox however, is class (C) of a ListBox that supports Checkmarks, so the name
> doesn't seem all that odd.
>                                 joe

Thanks. I was expecting something like CCheckBox, which shares a
common name and that could be accessed by array subscripts. :)

"v4vijayakumar" <vijayakumar.subburaj@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Thanks. I was expecting something like CCheckBox, which shares a
> common name and that could be accessed by array subscripts. :)

CCheckBox to me means a single checkbox, not a list of them.

-- David (MVP)

0
dc2983 (3206)
2/14/2007 10:26:31 AM
CCheckListBox is a ListBox that supports check marks.  A check box is merely a CButton.
				joe

On 14 Feb 2007 01:51:19 -0800, "v4vijayakumar" <vijayakumar.subburaj@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Feb 9, 9:13 pm, Joseph M. Newcomer <newco...@flounder.com> wrote:
>> CCheckListBox however, is class (C) of a ListBox that supports Checkmarks, so the name
>> doesn't seem all that odd.
>>                                 joe
>
>Thanks. I was expecting something like CCheckBox, which shares a
>common name and that could be accessed by array subscripts. :)
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15977)

Must buy new computer...Ideas?

Default properties for new folders

New Email Messages

New Location/New setup

How do I activate the new mail button

Style available all sheets new or old

Delay load an MFC extension dll
I have an MFC application with many mfc extension dlls. I would like to delay load some of the nonessential dlls. Is this possible? Yes its very possible. I did it long time ago. The issues were simply related to design of DLLs. Jeff Richter had an article in MSJ few years ago that discussed this for Win32. Same thing works fine. Keep in mind that if you extension dlls have resources that are needed for definition of doctemplates etc, delay loading will not make much sense for those Dlls. ---------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com Thanks Ajay. I thought it was possible, but I thoug...

Adding new pages

New messages comes up in Deleted folder

New User has admin rights

Creating new row in other table
Dear All, Please teach me, how to make a new row/list in other table by entering number in other table. Sample, In the table A and in the field "Details", I put the number 2 and it automatically creates two rows in table B. Can this be done in MS Access? Thank you for your help. Regards, Maulwy Why? What business need are you attempting to solve with this approach? It's generally considered not very good database design to be creating 'empty' rows in a second table. Why do you want empty rows? And if the number you enter in TableA is a 'limit&...

AP
What would be the best tool to add a new field in the AP invoice screen to deploy to a client? Extender? Modifier? the ideal would be to add a field for "Job No." that is text info so the user can get some info out on certain jobs that they are paying bills for. thanks -- Linda W. Linda, You can use any tool, really, to accomplish this: - Modifier with VBA. You can add the fields to the window with Modifier, then use VBA and ADO or DUOS to store and retrieve the data. - Modifier with Dexterity. You can add the fields with Modifier, then trigger off the form with Dex...

Launching IE from a MFC Dialog
Sorry, I know this one is probably stupidly easy, but the way I thought it was done doesn't seem to work... From an MFC dialog, how can I get Internet Explorer to launch a specific page (on my machine) ? I thought it would just be a simple; system("page.html"); or system("iexplore.exe"); but that does nothing (apart from fleetingly display the black command box. -- Phil Use ShellExecute to do it. It will launch the *default* browser though: ShellExecute(NULL, "open", "http://www.microsoft.com",NULL, NULL, SW_SHOWNORMAL); -- Ajay Ka...

Button "New Account" in Sub-Accountsview opens Parent account
When I open an account, and then go to the subaccounts of that account, I click on the Button "New Account" to create a new subaccount for this account. Instead of opening a new account form, the application opens the original Account form. Anybody an idea how this is possible? Regards, Sanne groenhof -- MSCRM, hosted as ASP, and configured for your business. Sanne, Have you installed any specific toolbars in your Internet Explorer? Like google toolbar/msn toolbar? -- Rob Bakkers, Avanade Netherlands "Sanne" wrote: > When I open an account, and then go to...

new to old
hi, A web designing company has just done us a website, and part of it includes the database of our stock. They have written/created it on access xp, but we have only got and old version of access. Can we open/use/update files written in access xp on an older version of access? thanks very much jethro Hi Jethro, It depends. By default Access 2002 (XP) uses the Access 2000 file format, so if you have Access 2000 you may be able to use the database as is. However, if the database is in the form of an mde file created by Access 2002 it will be in Access 2002 format. Otherwise (i.e. if t...

New Accounts on Exchange 2003
This week I entered two new people and the reciepent policy is not providing the necessary email addresses. Of course without those, the GAL does not get updated and no one can email them. I have Exchange 2003 running on Server 2003 with a w2k AD. Any suggestions for jump starting the default reciepent policy? Omer, Thanks for the response. The Recipient Update Service was scheduled for once an hour. I changed it to every 15 minutes. I also tried the "Update Now" feature. For both of these, there were no events generated. I remember setting up trace logs earlier this y...

new columns created from "&nbsp;"
I have a bunch of data in a column and it is "separated" by "&nbsp;". The data was imported from an online database. Is there a way to create columns within the current workbook from where the &nbsp; appears? (much like importing a text file) TIA, Greg Greg Wilker wrote: > I have a bunch of data in a column and it is "separated" by "&nbsp;". > > The data was imported from an online database. > > Is there a way to create columns within the current workbook from where the > &nbsp; appears? (much like importing a te...

create new folder is always greyed out-why?
"Create new folder" is always greyed out-why? ...

No new fonts allowed
I have an excel workbook that contains graphs, downloads and linked data and I consistantly get an error when updating the spreadsheet and graphs - "No more new Fonts may be applied to this workbook". What is this error telling me? What can and can I not do? Has anyone else experienced this? Jon Peltier has some information on this in his Charting FAQ article: http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=209#jon025 david wrote: > I have an excel workbook that contains graphs, downloads > and linked data and I consistantly get an error when > updat...