Need advie with database error

I created a small Access 2000 database with one table. I am using a MS
Access DSN driver with Snapshot RS (CRecordView with a single form). The
database fails to open and returns "Data Truncated" error.

I researched this at MSDN and there is a fix for a known bug in MFC 4.0.
However, I am running VS 6.0 with SP-6 installed and should have MFC
4.2. Do I need to apply the patch or is something else wrong?

Thanks!
0
user1895 (19)
10/2/2005 1:07:12 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Data truncated indicates that a variable mapping in RFX has a length
parameter less than the actual field length in your database.

Search your source code and look for RFX_Text (there are several RFX_
functions) like function calls and check any length parameters specified are
as per your table design.

If the field is Text and it is over 255 characters long in the database,
then for the text field you are likely to need to add an extra parameter to
indicate that the field is longer than 255. Ditto for Memo fields - I tend
to set those to say 65535 or some arbitrarily large value.

- Tim

"Mark F." <user@nospam.com> wrote in message
>I created a small Access 2000 database with one table. I am using a MS
>Access DSN driver with Snapshot RS (CRecordView with a single form). The
>database fails to open and returns "Data Truncated" error.
>
> I researched this at MSDN and there is a fix for a known bug in MFC 4.0.
> However, I am running VS 6.0 with SP-6 installed and should have MFC 4.2.
> Do I need to apply the patch or is something else wrong?
>
> Thanks!

0
Tim
10/3/2005 3:50:02 AM
Tim wrote:
> Data truncated indicates that a variable mapping in RFX has a length
> parameter less than the actual field length in your database.
>
> Search your source code and look for RFX_Text (there are several RFX_
> functions) like function calls and check any length parameters specified are
> as per your table design.
>
> If the field is Text and it is over 255 characters long in the database,
> then for the text field you are likely to need to add an extra parameter to
> indicate that the field is longer than 255. Ditto for Memo fields - I tend
> to set those to say 65535 or some arbitrarily large value.
>
> - Tim
>

> "Mark F." <user@nospam.com> wrote in message
>
>>I created a small Access 2000 database with one table. I am using a MS
>>Access DSN driver with Snapshot RS (CRecordView with a single form). The
>>database fails to open and returns "Data Truncated" error.
>>
>>I researched this at MSDN and there is a fix for a known bug in MFC 4.0.
>>However, I am running VS 6.0 with SP-6 installed and should have MFC 4.2.
>>Do I need to apply the patch or is something else wrong?
>>
>>Thanks!

Since the field lengths in the table are set to max of 255, I set the
edit controls in my form to 255 and the CEdit that contains the memo
field's data to 65535. It now works fine.

Thanks for the help.
0
user1895 (19)

Not sure if Excel can do what i need

Errors in Event Viewer
I have three errors in event viewer that occur during computer startup. How can I address these? 1) Event Source=Dhcp, ID=1002 Description: The IP address lease 192.168.1.21 for the Network Card with network address 00508D8287D7 has been denied by the DHCP server 192.168.1.1 (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message). (note: The computer is connected by Ethernet cabling) Comcast cable --->cable modem --->Netgear router --->computer (The error is obviously related to the router but the signal should be just passing through the router.) 2) Event Source=Service Control Man...

SEARCH ERROR
Something strange has started to happen with IE8. When i put something in the search bar it has started to come up with a page full of what looks like chinese. i'm also having a problem editing the church website since the site's been upgraded. However it has been tried with IE8 on 6 other computers but won't work properly on my laptop. any ideas? Your computer is infected with malware. --- Leonard Grey Errare humanum est woodstockpeace wrote: > Something strange has started to happen with IE8. When i put something in the > search bar it has started t...

Excel need help

Database problems in Vista
I have been using a database on my XP machine with Access 2007 without problems but when I run it on my Vista machine I cannot make any of the buttons on the switchboard work - I get the message: "The expression On Click you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: Object or classs does not support the set of events!" I can run all the queries, forms etc from the database window. Is there something I need to do to make the switchboard buttons work? See: http://allenbrowne.com/bug-17.html Option 2 is probably the best general solution. -- A...

error 0x80040126 I can recieve emails but cannot send
I am getting the Task Error (0x80040126) when sending e-mails. Error message shows up, also says not connected to server. I can recieve e-mails, but error shows up every time. I've contacted comcast, but they assure that it is a Microsoft issue. BTW I have Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003. Are you sure this error is associated with your Comcast e-mail address and not a Hotmail account? The reason I ask is that I am used to seeing this error with the connector that allows one to add a Hotmail mailbox to Outlook 2003. If it is the later, have you tried uninstalling/...

Need Help Linking Sheets

Macro help needed........

error 17895
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I would like to know if there is anything to be done about this. I have to solve this. I am considering going to another client, though this would not be idea. I looked at thunderbird today. there is not a way to easily bring my extensive library of email archives to it. Frankly, I feel like because this is microsoft, it should work, and I should not have to go to a 'free' program. I bought this because it is supposed to be able to handle the pressure of professional use. I have lost a seri...

Need to test a mobo

Help needed

Linking errors with MFC Dialog Based application and Crypto++ #2
* bump * Any suggestions? Please... * bump * -- Crocodil ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Posted via http://www.codecomments.com ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Could you provide the linking error you have got! ...

error in dates
Hi! I keep having problems when I type the date 6/16/86 in Excel, even if i format it, it won't display as a date. Can anyone help me? Thanks. Hi check the format of your cell prior to entering the date. Probably the cell format is set to 'Text'. change this to 'General' or a date format and after this enter your date -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany cheng wrote: > Hi! I keep having problems when I type the date 6/16/86 > in Excel, even if i format it, it won't display as a > date. Can anyone help me? Thanks. If your regional setting is using d...

Need help on this....thanks

Help with Error
I got this error recently, and just want to make sure I'm reading it right. Logon Failure on database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (EXCHANGE)" - Windows 2000 account PARADIGM\user1; mailbox /o=Paradigm/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=user2. Error: -2147221231 Does this mean the user1 tried to access the user2 mailbox and failed? Thanks in advance hello albert, well, this looks familiar to: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260782 and http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;309113 regards, Alex "AlbertP&quo...

I need Help

need help badly

Killing the off-line database
Having to kill the off line database to add new records seems a little extreme if you have to do it every day but thank you for the answer. I think they will should have a wireless connection anyway. I am sorry I really don't know how Windows wireless works. In any case what about Active Server pages? Is it secure for only a company intranet. Is there a way to only allow connections to the database via Active Server pages only from desinated IP's? Also, say the .mdb database is on a wireless network can those people still navigate through the network to get to the .mdb database. ...

MSCRMEmail errors in event log
Running CRM 4.0 (rollup 3) and I am receiving the following message about every second in the application log. Exchange is on a different server. We are using "Forward Mailbox" for incoming email and "E-mail Router" for outgoing. We continue to have issues with emails being automatically promoted to CRM, as sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. #14494 - A provider work item using assembly: Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EmailProviders.dll and class: Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.ExchangePollingMailboxProvider has been aborted because it has been running for lo...

Error accessing control when form not open
On a form when trying to get a value from a field it displays Run-time error 2450 when the form is not open. In this case instead of displaying the error how can I get a value from a control on a different form? You can only get a value from an open form that is displaying that value. Just refer to the control on the open form: [Forms]![OtherForm]![Text1] Use DLookup to get a value from an underlying table. The form does not need to be open. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "Robin9876" <robin9876@hotmail....

Database backup whilst the POS is in use
I currently do my daily database backup during the night using a scheduled Windows task. The backup is copied to multiple hard disks on different PCs. I would like to do additional backups during the day whilst the POS is being used. Does RMS SO actually allow this or would I have to briefly shutdown the POS for the backup? I am on V2, SP2. Thanks for your reply. Yes, you can run backups while POS is running. You can even run backups when multiple manager programs are running. SQL server is built to handle many different concurrent connections. As another option, you can also use the c...