My systray icon crashes

Hello,

I have written an MFC application which does the following steps:
1> Add Systray Icon.
2> Timer (15mins).
3> On Timer opens one URL, Reads the contents.
4> Based onthe contents, The systray Icon is either changed or retained.
5> three events on tray icon (LeftButton, RightButton and MouseMove)
   a> Left Button -> ShellExecute to open IE with some URL
   b> RightButton -> PopupMenu
   c> MouseMove -> display the tip.

My problem is the icon crashes, infrequent (avg 1 day). Is there any known
bug that i shud be aware of
It has become very hard to find out the crash area.

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks
Subhash

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Even with the debug build its not possible to find the location ?

"Subhash Badri" <subhash.badri@in.bosch.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I have written an MFC application which does the following steps:
> 1> Add Systray Icon.
> 2> Timer (15mins).
> 3> On Timer opens one URL, Reads the contents.
> 4> Based onthe contents, The systray Icon is either changed or retained.
> 5> three events on tray icon (LeftButton, RightButton and MouseMove)
>    a> Left Button -> ShellExecute to open IE with some URL
>    b> RightButton -> PopupMenu
>    c> MouseMove -> display the tip.
>
> My problem is the icon crashes, infrequent (avg 1 day). Is there any known
> bug that i shud be aware of
> It has become very hard to find out the crash area.
>
> Your help is appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Subhash

0
neelagain (74)

reply/forward icon
The field for the reply and forward icons is not present and thus I cannot see those icons when I forward or reply to a message. Bummer - care to share the version of Outlook, the message editor, when it last worked, and what you did to make it stop working (installation of new software, uninstallations, etc.) --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Ed Gask...

Outlook 2003 systray icon stays after Outlook exits
Hi new to group...this may have been covered running outlook 2003 on windows XP pro version sp1 all updates unable to exit outlook..well its seems to exit but systray icon stays and outlook.exe shows in task manager processes when I click on systray icon get message that outlook is not responding and must be stopped via task manager before restarting anyone know of a cause/solution to this ...

Transparant background of icons in a treeview sometimes become grey...
I have problems with the transparant background of my icons in a treeview control. Sometimes the background gets a grey background, and if they got into that state they are grey until I restart the app. How annoying... I'm developing in VC++ 6.0 on Win2000. I have created a couple of icons in the Visual Studio resource editor. The icons are small (16*16) and uses 16 colors. I selected the background to be transparant and then draw the icons. I then created an imagelist in my CWinApp-derived and added icons to it: g_pImageList = new CImageList(); g_pImageList->Create(16, 16, ILC_COL...

Customising Taskbar Icon actions for Outlook 2003
Hi there, Does anyone know how I might be able to tweak / customise the task bar icon for Outlook? I am referring to the Icon down on the right side of the task bar which appears when I set outlook to do so when minimised. Clicking this icon brings up various options... like OPEN OUTLOOK, Show Network Warnings, Hide when Minimised... etc. I would like to add SEND / RECEIVE to this little icon so that I can start a send / receive routine without taking outlook out of the minimised state. Anyone familar with how I might be able to go about such a customisation?? Thanks, Jonathan You can use...

Restoring the Microsoft Outlook icon on the desktop after it is deleted
I accidently deleted the Microsoft Outlook icon off my desktop. How can I restore it? I am running Windows XP Pro SP1. If you can help please e-mail me at djforster@westnet.com.au Thanks http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/20031111.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com "DeeJay" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:63f501c3e604$f...

Epson Tm-T88IV USB Crashing
Hi We have sold and used RMS for a couple of years, and been selling Epson TM-T88 receipt printers for even longer. However in the past couple of months, we have experienced a few sites where their till crashes windows. On checking the dump files, it refers to TMUSBXP.sys, which is the Epson OPOS driver file. (dump example at the bottom). The tills are HP DC7800 SFF with 2GB RAM. The OPOS drivers have been updated to EPSON OPOS ADK Version2.62E and it still happens. Every time we think we have identified the cause (PC image, anti virus software, old OPOS driver) it continues to happen. ...

Drawing the iconic window
Many years ago, it was possible to draw anything you wanted in the iconic window view. Today, it seems like the SHell has taken this over completely. I've got two problems: My app has no caption bar and no system menu, but I want to handle right-click on the taskbar icon. No messages appear to be generated to indicate any activity in the task bar icon. My app would like to custom-draw the iconic representation on the taskbar, such as drawing the icon and the caption. It does not appear this is possible. Note that the funny routine that MFC generates for dialog-based apps, that is suppose...

Systray popup menu overlaps with Windows systray menu
Hi, I have a SDI application where the frame window is hidden, and only its tray icon is displayed. The problem is that when I click on the systray icon for the first time after launching the application, the popup menu overlaps with the Windows systray menu (and which contains "Toolbars", "Adjust Date/Time", etc.). How do I prevent the Windows systray menu from coming up? The code is shown below: void CMainFrame::ShowContextMenu() { POINT pt; GetCursorPos(&pt); HMENU hMenu = CreatePopupMenu(); if(hMenu) { InsertMenu(hMenu, -1, MF_ENABLED | MF_BYPOSITION,...

debugging app crashes under Vista
OK, here's the skinny... Like good little boys we were testing our system under Vista, modding up the look and feel, getting ready for the big day using RC releases etc. We know that any new systems will arrive for s/w installation at customer sites with Vista pre-installed about one femto-second after midnight on Jan 29, so we have to be ready. Everyone else is busy with support work, so it falls to muggins. Everything going reasonably fine using RC1, all the apps work bar one or two oddities. Until the big day arrives and we get the gold release (Vista business as it happens, but that&...

outlook crashes #2
when replying to an email I attempt to add text to the body of the email and Outlook crashes with the following message "Outlook.exe has generated errors and will be closed" does anyone know of a solution to this issue?? I can add text before the header but not in the body. Thanks ...

System Tray Icons Not Appearing
Often when I start my laptop, with Vista installed, I find that some of the three icons, namely: 1. Speakers/Volume; 2. Network Connectivity; and 3. Battery/Power Meter; is/are no appearing. Being quite a necessity I am compelled to unfortunately LOG OFF and Re-Login or RESTART the system. I don't even find the option of the checkbox of speakers to be shown in the system tray, in the CONTROL PANEL > SOUNDS. What might be the cause and how to overcome the same? -- Thanx in advance & Best Regards, Faraz! You can bring them back easily. 1. Right click ...

Icons
My desk top icons wont open unless my browser is open first.I am using Windows XP and Exployer 7 Hi Birdy, This is the wrong newsgroup for your post. But it sounds to me like you have a virus or some spy ware loaded on your system. I recommend you get and use a descent spyware scanner and see if it picks up anything. Failing that, copy your data off the machine and do a complete format and reinstall of Windows and all your applications. -Mike -- Micheal LoPatriello Coordinator, Luna Development mlopat@lunadevelopment.com http://www.lunadevelopment.com "Birdy" wrote: > M...

Icon quesiton
How do you make it so the executable created by visual studio has an icon you created rather than the standard mfc icon? Go to the resource editor and change the 32x32 and 16x16 icons for IDR_MAINFRAME HTH -- ============ Frank Hickman NobleSoft, Inc. ============ "danny" <danny_staten@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:033401c3999b$86c2cd80$a301280a@phx.gbl... > How do you make it so the executable created by visual > studio has an icon you created rather than the standard > mfc icon? I changed the icon, but there is only one icon that I can find for the IDD...

Exchange 5.5
We have an IBM Netfinity 5000 server running Windows NT4, and Exchange Server 5.5 Over the last 2-3 weeks, Outlook has been freezing, not sending messages ("Operation failed"), and Exchange has been just crashing at odd times and unpredictable times The event log shows a lot of 'Error 0xfffffbd3 occurred on message 1-EB1F8B1 during a background cleanup' type messages. when someone trys to send a message it sometimes comes up with "Operation failed" If the user opens a new email, and then cuts and pastes the text from the failed message into the new email, it goes o...

Minimize to systray?
Is there a way to minimize outlook 2003 to the systray? I hate taking up the space on my task bar just so I'll know when I have spam. Do you see an Outlook Icon in the Systray if you do right click on it and select "Hide when Minimized". "Keith LeLievre" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0b8401c3d531$07289600$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to minimize outlook 2003 to the systray? > > I hate taking up the space on my task bar just so I'll > know when I have spam. ...

Which Icon should I use?
I want to know what is the dimension and the number of colors of the following icons. 1. Icon shown in the task bar 2. Icon shown in the title bar 3. Icon shown in the Explorer Thanks.~~ -- My C++ and C# ( Traditional Chinese ) Web Site : www.franzwong.com/Home.php These icons are created for you (IDR_MAINFRAME) by the app wizard. You will find two sizes of these in resource editor(32x32 and 16x16). I have never investigated other sizes but I gather that would be OK but MFC may not like it. As far as colors are concerened, its number is limited by resource editor capability. You can use...

Excel 2007 Crashes When Deleting Column
First post so please be gently. I have a customer who is experiencing issues with a particular process in Excel 2007 and I wanted to seek clarification on what its doing. They are importing data from a SQL table, approximately 90 columns by 2000 rows. They filter the data and then copy the data and paste to another sheet in the same workbook. They then delete 78 of the 90 columns. At this point, they get "Excel cannot complete this task with available resources" message. Looking in Task Manager, memory usage for Excel has increased from around 70mb to over 1gb. c...

Help! Trial version always crashes.
Does anybody know what causes this exception after Money signon? Unhandled exception at 0x74985c91 in msmoney.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000000. Please don't reply with 'piss poor programming practices', I already know that much. thx ...

Guest access entry icon
My apologies if I am in the wrong newsgroup, but I have searched everywhere I could think of. I am trying to help my friend who has Windows XP Media Center Edition, Version 2002. I can put an icon on the opening page for her as administrator that is password protected so no one can change her personal settings. However, I cannot seem to find the way to also put a Guest icon on the opening page - below her icon - that will allow her family to also use the computer without going through her icon. (because they inevitably change her settings to theirs). The help instructions s...

Default zip file icon
How can I get my Windows zip icon back? Thanks to Ramesh I can now open zip files but thee Internet Explorer icon is being used as the zip file icon. How can I get it back? I'm not too computer literate when it comes to working on H_keys in the registry, if that's what it takes, but I can follow good instructions. Can a clever person help me out please? Here's the Registry key. Copy everything between the dotted lines, including empty lines but not including the dotted lines, and paste it into a fresh plain-text file using Notepad, for instance. There must be tw...

Displaying balloon tooltips on systray icon
Hi, How do I display balloon tooltips on the systray icon of an application. It should be in response to some application specific message instead of a mouse event over the icon. TIA, SD "SD" <SD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2604CB01-7AE8-4F32-B89C-7832F25E0ACF@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > How do I display balloon tooltips on the systray icon of an application. > It > should be in response to some application specific message instead of a > mouse > event over the icon. If the "tip" isn't related to a mouse event, it ...

sound icon
I have Window Vista 32, I just wondering how to get my sound icon back on my taskbar?? It seems to disappear -- Lauria goldpony HI. Right click on the taskbar. Click "properties". Click "notification area". Tick "volume". Click "apply". Click "ok". -- karnyks22 Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com ...

Adding Programs to Systray
I have some programs I would like to run and leave open but I don't want them to reside on the taskbar. These programs do not normally reside in the systray but I was wondering if there was a way to make them do that. Any ideas?? Ted Smith On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 10:29:35 -0600, "Ted Smith" <me@mynet.net> wrote: > I have some programs I would like to run and leave open but I don't want > them to reside on the taskbar. These programs do not normally reside in the > systray but I was wondering if there was a way to make them do that. Any >...

OT :: How to change desktop icons list view style
Hi all, anybody know how to change icon list view style for desktop icons. I mean, i'd like the icons being displayed such "small icon" is for a ListView control. Now they are displayed as "Large Icon" I think something to change or add to registry... I think I've found where to add or change but i don't know what!!! Without any EXE,DLL etc... Thanks Ale Ale wrote: > Hi all, > anybody know how to change icon list view style for desktop icons. > I mean, i'd like the icons being displayed such "small icon" is for a > ListView control....

Systray menu again
Hi, Another problem that I'm facing is that when the popup menu is invoked, and the mouse is not moved, the tooltip message displays automatically. How do I prevent the tooltip being displayed when the menu is visible, and the mouse is not actually moved? The code again is: void CMainFrame::ShowContextMenu() { POINT pt; GetCursorPos(&pt); HMENU hMenu = CreatePopupMenu(); if(hMenu) { InsertMenu(hMenu, -1, MF_ENABLED | MF_BYPOSITION, SWM_EXIT, _T("Exit")); SetForegroundWindow(); TrackPopupMenu(hMenu, TPM_BOTTOMALIGN | TPM_LEFTALIGN, pt.x, pt.y, 0, ...