Multiple ActiveX Controls

We have an ActiveX control that is built in VC++ and being used in VB and
VC++.  We are trying to use it in applications where there will be multiple
instances of the control.  When we attempt to use the control in this way,
some, not all, of the events are passed to the wrong control.

Ex: If there are three instances placed on a form and the third instance
fires an event, the interface for the first control in the form will be the
one that receives the event.

When we've examined this closely, we have found that the handle of the
control is being lost.

Has anyone else seen anything like this?  Have any good ideas as to what is
causing this or how to fix/work around it?

0
rkp3 (1)
8/17/2004 7:49:02 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

This is specific to your control. This issue is not generic or common. If
the variable that represents the handle is corrupted, there is something
wrong with your code.

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

"rkp3" <rkp3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have an ActiveX control that is built in VC++ and being used in VB and
> VC++.  We are trying to use it in applications where there will be
multiple
> instances of the control.  When we attempt to use the control in this way,
> some, not all, of the events are passed to the wrong control.
>
> Ex: If there are three instances placed on a form and the third instance
> fires an event, the interface for the first control in the form will be
the
> one that receives the event.
>
> When we've examined this closely, we have found that the handle of the
> control is being lost.
>
> Has anyone else seen anything like this?  Have any good ideas as to what
is
> causing this or how to fix/work around it?

0
ajaykalra (6842)

Create a list with multiple criteria

Removing multiple hyperlinks

Charting multiple multiples

Order of Events when using the Control Box Close Button
I would like to intercept the built in messages that are generated by Access about required data when a user clicks on the Close Button. The Close Button is enabled by setting the Control Box and Close Button form properties to "Yes". Does anyone know what the order of events is when using the Close Button? Thanks much! Answered in later post. Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia "accesswanabe" <accesswanabe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E44530CC-48AE-4134-A896-BFC71F032F68@microsoft.com... >I...

distributing data into multiple cells

Single click selects multiple cells

Sending to multiple addresses

multiple selection

Exchange 2000 Distribution Lists

Common Controls and UNICODE support problem
Hello, Our product is compiled in UNICODE (using VS C++ 6.0 + PSDK Feb.2003, Windows XP US + french MUI) For some languages (like Polish) we have a very strange problem: Text: Pamiec podreczna na czesci Or, as byte sequence: _T( "\x0050\x0061\x006D\x0069\x0119\x0107\x0020\x0070\x006F\x0064\x0072\x0119\x0063\x007A\x006E\x0061" ) In the UI (for instance in a dialog box), the same Polish texte appears to be displayed correctly and incorrectly, i.e. some characters (like e) are replaced by a vertical bar | We found that the problem seems to appear only inside some controls ...

Combine multiple tables into one

Multiple domains #6

Control P
Why can't we get the Control P to work for printing. The Control Q in SOP works great but we can't bet the Control P to work in any of the modules. Thanks Cheryl Cheryl, Control P seems to work just fine on my GP 9.0. I just tried it on a few random screens, including Sales Transaction Entry. What version of GP are you running? -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html "Cuddles" <Cuddles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A68F7F70-5CE3-4445-B05A-B4418A1DF6C9@microsoft...

Finding Data in multiple worksheets
Using Excel 2000, how can I find data in multiple worksheets; example: any number between 200 & 299 in 32 worksheets? If you mean you want to find a single number across 32 worksheets, group your worksheets (click on the first, ctrl-click on subsequent (or even shift-click)). Then Edit|Find But I think I'd use Jan Karel Pieterse's FlexFind: http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/ If you meant you wanted to find all 100 numbers (200-299) in all 32 sheets, then I think I'd have a macro search for each number and report the results on a new worksheet. "mark@southwestconst.com&quo...

Active X Controls
I am creating a worksheet, with some Active X check boxes. They are very small. Looking at the properties, I can make the frame in which it is contained larger but the check box itself remains the same size. Is there a solution to this issue, or do I need to live with those tiny boxes? Thanks for any help. Paul I think you are stuck with the small checkbox. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "PA" <PA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:40A9FC55-04E4-49AE-A5ED-F9190B14C7F1@microsoft.com... > I am creating a worksheet,...

show multiple values that add to total in bar graph
Is there a way to show multiple values in a single bar (in a bar graph) that add up to a total (example: 127, 129, 87, 85, 60, 126, 89 add up to 703)? I want a sigle bar that goes to 703 but breaks the single bar down into these segments (preferrably by color showing the smaller segment amounts within the color. HELP!!!! Thanks! Hi, Is that not what the stacked column chart does? Cheers Andy Green Goose 89 wrote: > Is there a way to show multiple values in a single bar (in a bar graph) that > add up to a total (example: 127, 129, 87, 85, 60, 126, 89 add up to 703)? I > want...

IIF / OR
I want the OnPrint of a report to check three fields and run code if any ONE of the conditions is met: Iif ([MyTextOne]=1 OR [MyTextTwo]=2 OR [MyTextThree]=3) Then RunSomeCode Else RunOtherCode I thought of using Select Case and calling procedures as each condition is met: Select Case Me![MyTextOne] Case is = 1 Call Check2 Case else Stop End Select Check2 () Select Case Me![MyTextTwo] Case is = 2 Call Check3 Case else Stop End select Check3 () and so on......... It will work, but gets a bit too long as the test conditions increase. It gets just as long with nested select case or nest...

Localization with multiple string tables
The application has two string tables one for English and the other for Japanese. The IDs and Values are the same but only the captions are different. It seems that CString::LoadString does not load from the correct string table when i choose japanese from my regional settings on the control panel instead it loads english all the time. Is there any settings or configuration that i missed? Need ur help gurus >The application has two string tables one for English and the other >for Japanese. The IDs and Values are the same but only the captions >are different. It seems that CString::L...

Multiple Query questions
I'm trying to query a database of beach rentals and need a query with more than 2 bedrooms, that rents for less than 1,000. When i put both criteria in, it only registers one of them. I also need to create a query for the highest and lowest weekly rate but when I select Min or Max or doesn't show me anything. Show us the SQL. Open the query in design view. Next go to View, SQL View and copy and past it here. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "Jackie" wrote: > I'm trying...

One alert for multiple users???
I have a rule set up to send an alert to myself when mail arrives from a particular individual. I would like this alert to be sent to everyone who is sharing this folder. Is there a way to do this? Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. No. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Ann asked: | I have a rule set up to send an alert to myself when mail arrives | from a part...