multiline treectrl

Hello,
How can I create multiline item of treectrl?
Thanks
MT
0
marto1 (3)
1/19/2006 10:28:41 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Multiline tree ctrls can be done using custom drawing and CTreeCtrl, but are
problematic if you allow the user to edit labels, and sometime scrolling is
an issue.

This might be a good alternative
http://www.codeproject.com/treectrl/StaticTreeControl.asp

AliR.

"mt" <marto@vp.pl> wrote in message news:dqp3t6$ef0$1@nemesis.news.tpi.pl...
> Hello,
> How can I create multiline item of treectrl?
> Thanks
> MT

0
AliR3470 (3234)
1/19/2006 10:38:58 PM
Do you mean multiple selections:

http://www.codeproject.com/treectrl/MultiSelect_DragImage.asp

or something with multiple lines for each node.  This article talks about it
a bit and presents an owner drawn control that may help you get started:

http://www.codeproject.com/treectrl/StaticTreeControl.asp

Tom
"mt" <marto@vp.pl> wrote in message news:dqp3t6$ef0$1@nemesis.news.tpi.pl...
> Hello,
> How can I create multiline item of treectrl?
> Thanks
> MT

0
tserface (3861)
1/19/2006 10:39:53 PM
it's good idea! I don't need to allow user to edit labels.
thanks

AliR wrote:
> Multiline tree ctrls can be done using custom drawing and CTreeCtrl, but are
> problematic if you allow the user to edit labels, and sometime scrolling is
> an issue.
>
> This might be a good alternative
> http://www.codeproject.com/treectrl/StaticTreeControl.asp
>
> AliR.
>
> "mt" <marto@vp.pl> wrote in message news:dqp3t6$ef0$1@nemesis.news.tpi.pl...
>> Hello,
>> How can I create multiline item of treectrl?
>> Thanks
>> MT

0
marto1 (3)
1/19/2006 10:46:14 PM
I'd like something with multiple lines for each node.
The sample is good, but I need to allow user to see which item he selected.

Tom Serface wrote:
> Do you mean multiple selections:
>
> http://www.codeproject.com/treectrl/MultiSelect_DragImage.asp
>
> or something with multiple lines for each node.  This article talks about it
> a bit and presents an owner drawn control that may help you get started:
>
> http://www.codeproject.com/treectrl/StaticTreeControl.asp
>
> Tom
> "mt" <marto@vp.pl> wrote in message news:dqp3t6$ef0$1@nemesis.news.tpi.pl...
>> Hello,
>> How can I create multiline item of treectrl?
>> Thanks
>> MT

0
marto1 (3)

multiline treectrl
Hello, How can I create multiline item of treectrl? Thanks MT Multiline tree ctrls can be done using custom drawing and CTreeCtrl, but are problematic if you allow the user to edit labels, and sometime scrolling is an issue. This might be a good alternative http://www.codeproject.com/treectrl/StaticTreeControl.asp AliR. "mt" <marto@vp.pl> wrote in message news:dqp3t6$ef0$1@nemesis.news.tpi.pl... > Hello, > How can I create multiline item of treectrl? > Thanks > MT Do you mean multiple selections: http://www.codeproject.com/treectrl/MultiSelect_DragImage.asp ...

Edit box
Hi All, I want to create a simple program which has to write in an editbox numbers from 1 to 10, each on a different line. I created an integer member variable and I use a for loop to generate the numbers, but I don't know how to display them on different lines in the editbox. Any help appreciated Regards, Nicolae Just insert "\r\n". -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits http://www.softcircuits.com Available for consulting: http://www.softcircuits.com/jwood/resume.htm "Nicolae Fieraru" <nospam@please.com> wrote in message news:41ec500a$1@duster.adelaide.on.ne...

Multiline tooltips
I'm handling TTN_NEEDTEXTx messages in my CMainFrame class and copying a string to the szText member of the TOOLTIPTEXTx structure depending on the resource id of the control. I'm doing this because the state for each control id can change and I want the tooltip to reflect the current state of the control. Okay, that all works fine, but how do I implement a multi-line height tooltip? I've tried using \r\n and just \n but the tooltips still are single line with a little box character in place of the carriage return or line feed. Anyone know how to do multi-line tooltips and if s...

CEdit multiline
I read the contents of a file and store them in a CStringArray with each element of the CStringArray containing one line of text. then I use the following routine to display the file contents into a multiline CEdit control, however it display only one line of text Any suggestions will be appreciated. int nLines = m_strFileDataArray.GetUpperBound();; CString temp, temp1; temp.Empty(); for (int i = 0; i != nLines; i++) { temp += m_strFileDataArray[i]; temp = "\r\n"; } m_EditWnd.SetWindowText(temp); /r/n should give a line break. You need to make sure that your control ...

paste multiline text to a single cell-Excel 97
I wrote a little macro to do this with the .GetFromClipboard method and it works fine, but many users will need to do this in the org and I'm wondering if there's a simpler method. Based on other recommendations I tried the replace Alt+0010 method and got an error message that the 'Formula is too long.' Is there a simpler method? Thanks! Cindy Maybe they could just paste into the formula bar. But I don't think I understand the real question. cgbikes wrote: > > I wrote a little macro to do this with the .GetFromClipboard method and it > works fine, but man...

multiline appointments
I synchronize my outlook calendar with my Palm device. On the Palm I can easily create appointments with multiple lines which show up correctly in various views. These appointments show up with multiple lines after synching to Outlook if I double click on an appointment to bring up the appointment form. But the form shows a maximum of 2 lines at a time. The only way to create a line break in Outlook seems to be to copy the line break from an appointment I created on the Palm and paste it into the Outlook appointment form. However, when trying to print a list of appointments, I can eith...

multiline Static
I have derived a class from CStatic to set the background and foreground colour. I want to make the text multiline. I have tried \n \n\r and variants of in SetWindowText. Is it even possible? Can anyone help? -- Malcolm Clarke "Malcolm Clarke" <not4bad@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23ovMI4oSFHA.1152@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > > I have derived a class from CStatic to set the background and foreground > colour. I want to make the text multiline. I have tried \n \n\r and variants > of in SetWindowText. > > Is it even possible? Can anyone help? > &...

Extracting data from multiline Spreadsheet
I have a couple of spreadsheets that use multiple lines for each record. Sample follows: Name Address City State Zip Contact John Citizen 111 Some Streeet Boston MA 00000 jcit@email.com 555-123-4567h 555-987-6543c Jane Doe 222 Another Street Boston MA 00000 555-555-6666h ...

multiLine listbox
Hello all I program win32 api in C and I need a multiline listbox, could anyone please tell me how I can accomplish that or refer me to some sample application. Thank you in advance So far as I know all list boxes can hold multiple lines :o) If you mean multiple lines per item then you may need something like: http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/controls/lists,treesandcombos/article.php/c2291/ Or you could use a list control like: http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/listview/article.php/c1001/ Tom "Frank" <hero_2030@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:sP6dnVMmG...

Multiline and DrawText
I want to draw images and text on CScrollView. When I draw text,how do I draw multiline text?I use DrawText,but it draw a line only. pDC->DrawText(pszText, -1, rect, DT_NOPREFIX | DT_NOCLIP); Is your Rect big enough vertically to display multiple lines? Is the text longer than the width in your rect? You use DT_CALCRECT to figure out how big your height should be. If you set the width of the rect to how wide you want the text to be drawn, and then call DrawText with the DT_CALCRECT flag it will adjust the height of the rect to display the entire text, without drawing the te...

text in a multiline textbox...
I want to create a string and then pass it into a multiline textbox. In the the string, I will be using \r\n for a newline. I was wondering if there is any way to change part of the string to bold using parameters similar to '\r\n'? Thanks, RABMissouri2006 "RAB" <rabmissouri@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1155528402.843382.14950@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com... >I want to create a string and then pass it into a multiline textbox. > In the the string, I will be using \r\n for a newline. I was wondering > if there is any way to change part of the string ...

Multiline Quote
I am trying to print a quote with multiple line items onto a word template via Word Mail Merge and have all the line items appear on 1 sheet or record. I am using CRM 3.0 and using the print quote for customer feature. I have my template setup, it is type directory, I have used the Alt + F9 to see the hidden code and its all there but it prints each line item as a seperate quote. I see {mergeseq} but that doesnt help me unless someone describes how I can use that to help resolve this. I am not looking to purchase a 3rd party add on unless there is no other resolution. Thanks in advance fo...

Cedit multiline problem
i have a CEDIT control, and multiline is enabled. The problem i have is with a client, all CRLF are displayed as 2 stripes. I can't simulate it. his configurations are: winxp professional service pack 1 font Trebuchet MS 11 Bold does anyone know what the problem could be?? i have tried running my app on more than one xp box, and tried some fonts, but i never have this problem. Maybe there is a known problem with xp ? i don't know thx in advance Does it happen for even something as simple as this? DWORD style = WS_CHILD | WS_BORDER | WS_VISIBLE | ES_LEFT | ES_MULTILINE; edit.C...

CListCtrl multiline cells
I have CListCtrl type report. I need to write into it's items multiline text. When I insert into text "\r\n", it does not help. How to write multiline text into CListCtrl cell ? Other thing what I need is to change font in some cells. I know SetFont(), but how can I retrieve HWND of cell ? Thanks ! Peter You have to create an owner draw control that does that. The only problem with that is that all your rows have to have the same height which could cause problems Here is an example of how to do it: (not so good but at least is a starting point) http://www.codeproject.com/lis...

Multiline tooltips #2
hi, Is it possible to have multiline tooltips ? thanks, Behzad "behzad Nazari" <behzadvc@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23BUIWwptDHA.3468@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > hi, > Is it possible to have multiline tooltips ? > > thanks, > Behzad > > Yes it is. I am not sure as the version specifics, however Baloon tooltips can accomplish this (and iirc so can normal tooltips). Check the MSDN documentation on the CreateToolTipEx function (this may or may not be the correct function, but it is sure to find you the correct one). "behzad Nazari" ...

Multiline Edit Control
Dear All, Need Help......... How to restrict Maximum number of Column and Number Of Row in Multiline Edit Control if Number of Charecter in a row Exceed 255 then move to next line But also validate that Line should no exceed 10 But Cursor Position should at the same line and charecter If any Idea then plz Let me know. Lalit You MAY be able to do it by using a fixed font, calculating the size of the edit box needed to contain rows x cols, setting the size of the edit box to this and then using SetLimitText. You have to be pretty careful with this sort of thing as when running on ...

Cursor keys in multiline forms
I may be missing something but I need help with a simple question. In multiline forms cursor keys Up/Down move cursor to next/previous control so that I always put short code in Form_KeyDown to change this behavior to move cursor to next/previous record. I also need to set Form's KeyPreview to True. This is different from datasheets behavior. 1) Does it behave same way in US (EN) versions of Access? 2) Any workaround to change this behavior so that I don't need a code to move between records? TIA Vlado ...

multiline edit box
Hello, I am developing an application that uses an edit box to printout its result. The printout should be some thing such as follow: Task 1 started some result a=1 b=2 c=3 Task 1 finished task 2 started a=11 b=12 c=13 Task2 finished Is there any better way to do this than using a multi line edit Box? In Edit box how can I enter several line? I tried to attach a CString to Edit box and put data in CString but it didn't work. I couldn't force it to go to next line. (putting \n in the string didn't work). How can I do this? Best regards > ...

Decent ListView/ReportView for Multiline String Commercial or Free
I've almost finished my first VC App, a hard slog made easier with codeproject.com. However, Im still puzzled by the lack of a good CList function capable of displaying multiple lines if the string is longer than the physical size of the cell. Is there a class, pay of free, that allows a developer to use a grid like control to display an image in one cell and a multiline in the other? Probably similar to CReportCtrl by Maarten Hoeben. I would of used this but found the preview text function difficult to implement. http://www.thecodeproject.com/miscctrl/reportctrl.asp Thanks for all y...

Multiline button caption
Hi, Is it possible to set the MS_MULTILINE property of a button control at design time? Or does it have to be done using CreateWindow()? I simply need to display multi-line captions on pushbuttons. Excuse me if the question is too trivial. I'm new to MFC. Thanks a lot. It should work in designer as well as at run time. I tried it in designer and use \n as the line break. This link shows how to do it dynamically: http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/buttonctrl/advancedbuttons/article.php/c8395/ ------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com Hi Ajay, Thanks for reply. But no..."\n&quo...

MultiLine Code Builder, Need Help to Clean Code:
My end goal is to create multi-line code that I can paste into VBE. Currently I'm pasting code like this... If Worksheets("vessel").Cells(CurVesl,8).Value Then Else frmVesselLog.DTPICKER1.value = Worksheets("vessel").Cells(CurVesl,11).Value End IF For example Column D is:If Worksheets("vessel").Cells(CurVesl,8).Value Then Column E is : Else Column F is: frmVesselLog.DTPICKER1.value = Worksheets("vessel").Cells(CurVesl,11).Value Column G: End IF Column H is row1 If Worksheets("vessel").Cells(CurVesl,8).Value Then row2 E...

multiline Edit control question
Hello, I have an EDIT control on my dialog. On init I would like to put some text to this control. I override OnInitDialog method where I use SetWindowText("") method on the control to send some text. If the control is multiline, is it possible to put more than one line to the control using one of CEdit's methods? Thank you in advance for help, Tomek "TB" <tb@amt.pl> skrev i en meddelelse news:c14kea$23c2$1@news2.ipartners.pl... > Hello, > > I have an EDIT control on my dialog. On init I would like to put some text > to this control. > > ...

CRichEditCtrl multiline enter
Hi. I have a CRichEditCtrl in a dialog box. When the user hits the enter key for a new line the dialog ends with the IDOK. To produce a carriage return the user would need to hold ctrl and enter. Is there a simple way of changing the dialogs’ behavior when the RichEditCtrl has the focus? Thank you Tim Yes the easy way is to add the ES_WANTRETURN to your edit control. From the resource editor, select the RTF control and set the Want Return property to true. AliR. "Tim Francis" <TimFrancis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C1FD443F-FC08-4B73-ABF5-4891E438...

Contextmenu with multiline CEdit
Hi, How do you hide the contextmenu, (UNDO,PASTE,COPY etc.) with a multiline CEdit control ? Disableing the PASTE function would be ok too. But how do i do this ? One way is to derive a class from CEdit and in your derived class, add a handler for WM_CONTEXTMENU that does nothing. Mark -- Mark Salsbery Microsoft MVP - Visual C++ "RAN" <nijenhuis@wish.nl> wrote in message news:1187642052.138989.190580@57g2000hsv.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > How do you hide the contextmenu, (UNDO,PASTE,COPY etc.) with a > multiline CEdit control ? > Disableing the PASTE ...

RegEx matching in multiline is not working
Hi, I am trying to do some regex replacement, but thats not working. Initial Text: " Change: new Client: L_Hotfix User: ramte Status: new Description: <enter description here> Test this : description. Files: //users/harsha/testfile.txt # add " I need to replace the description section Final: " Change: new Client: L_Hotfix User: ramte Status: new Description_mod: Modified Test desc: ID: xxxx xxx, ..... Files: //users/harsha/testfile.txt # add " In the above text i need to modif...