Multiline tooltips #2

hi,
Is it possible to have multiline tooltips ?

thanks,
   Behzad

0
behzadvc1 (15)
11/30/2003 4:45:58 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"behzad Nazari" <behzadvc@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> hi,
> Is it possible to have multiline tooltips ?
>
> thanks,
>    Behzad

Yes it is. I am not sure as the version specifics, however Baloon tooltips
can accomplish this (and iirc so can normal tooltips). Check the MSDN
documentation on the CreateToolTipEx function (this may or may not be the
correct function, but it is sure to find you the correct one).

0
jestock1 (39)
11/29/2003 6:52:07 PM
"behzad Nazari" <behzadvc@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> hi,
> Is it possible to have multiline tooltips ?

Please see the "Multiline Tooltips" sub-topic at this URL...

http://www.msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/commctls/tooltip/usingtooltips.asp

--
Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP]

0
jeffp (1711)
11/29/2003 8:57:04 PM
thanks for your reply,

but I could not find that function in MSDN, There was no
CreateTooltipEx

"Joe Estock" <jestock@NOSPAMnutextonline.com> wrote in message
> "behzad Nazari" <behzadvc@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > hi,
> > Is it possible to have multiline tooltips ?
> >
> > thanks,
> >    Behzad
> >

> Yes it is. I am not sure as the version specifics, however Baloon tooltips
> can accomplish this (and iirc so can normal tooltips). Check the MSDN
> documentation on the CreateToolTipEx function (this may or may not be the
> correct function, but it is sure to find you the correct one).

0
behzadvc1 (15)

multiline treectrl
Hello, How can I create multiline item of treectrl? Thanks MT Multiline tree ctrls can be done using custom drawing and CTreeCtrl, but are problematic if you allow the user to edit labels, and sometime scrolling is an issue. This might be a good alternative http://www.codeproject.com/treectrl/StaticTreeControl.asp AliR. "mt" <marto@vp.pl> wrote in message news:dqp3t6$ef0$1@nemesis.news.tpi.pl... > Hello, > How can I create multiline item of treectrl? > Thanks > MT Do you mean multiple selections: http://www.codeproject.com/treectrl/MultiSelect_DragImage.asp ...

setup #2
If i wanted my echange server to connect and pick up my email at www.freedomnames.co.uk how would i do it? Many Thanks Joe ...

Runtime Error! #2
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error! Program: C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information. (I receive this error when trying to open Outlook Express). -- Tabasco ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Tabasco's Profile: http://www.24help.info/member.php?userid=603 View this thread: http://www.24help.info/showthread.php?t=681551 24help.info - IT Newsgroups @ http://www.24help.info &quo...

exmerge for exchange 5.5 #2
Hello, I have a exchange 5.5 that i want to extract the mailboxes so that i can import them to another exchange 2003 in another organization. The only exmerge that i see in microsoft site says it requires exchange 2003 to run it, does anyone know where i can download the version of exmerge to extract the mailboxes from the exchange 5.5 server? thanks, jh On Mon, 2 Apr 2007 09:29:28 -0700, "jhayes" <jhayesit@gmail.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I have a exchange 5.5 that i want to extract the mailboxes so that i can >import them to another exchange 2003 in anoth...

Merging 2 excel sheets with numbers and words
I started with one sheet (using Excel 2003) but took a copy home (on a flash drive)to work on and added data (both numbers and "X" 's) - using Excel 2007. I saved the work done at home so Excel 2003 could "read" it. Then, I did some work on the copy my computer at work (BIG mistake!!) So, the problem is: I have some data on my flash drive copy which is not on the work computer sheet, and vice versa. I want to merge the 2 copies - so I cannot replace either one because data will be lost. Options??? Way to do this? (It seems like it will be easier to "Co...

How do I turn this message off? #2
I had to reinstall outlook (Office 2003), and now when I open a message, at the top in the header area, I get a security status message in a shaded background (for example "You are now viewing this message in the Internet Zone"). It wasn't there before, how do I turn this off? Thanks. PS - I originally posted this a couple of days ago. Yesterday, I had to do a new install of Outlook on a different machine, and the security status message referenced above is not appearing on that machine, so there is some setting somewhere that can turn this on or off. But I have not b...

COUNTIF? #2
Basically I have 13 cells spread out over a spreadsheet that normally have zero values. What I want to do is count the number of them that have non-zero (actually will be greater than zero) values and return that value in another cell. What I was thinking of was using COUNTIF, but that only seems to work for a contiguous range of cells. =COUNTIF (A1:H1, "<0") will count the number of cells from A1 to H1 that have a value greater than zero. My problem is that the cells are non-contiguous. For example =COUNTIF(A1, C1, H1, F1, K1, L1, O1, "<0") does not work. Anyone help...

Calendar Options #2
How do I get the calendar options to show up in the Format publication side window? I am trying to cahnge the month on a calender in my newsletter and I don't know how. The help says to use the "calendar options" but I don't have one. I don't know what I am doing wrong. Please Help. The wizards for the Design Gallery calendars do not work in 2007. Hopefully they will be fixed in the next service pack. You will have to create a new Design Gallery calendar for every month. A workaround would be to open a new publication, click Apply a Template, Calendar, select ...

Outlook time wrong #2
In Outlook 2003 (SBE), the time is an hour slow. Incoming emails are tagged an hour earlier than I actually get them, though there is no delay in their send/recieve. Appointments scheduled by a third party are an hour earlier than the organizer set the time as (when I schedule in my own calendar, the time remains correct). The time on my PC clock and everywhere else is correct. I've tried changing the Time Zone in Tools>options>preferences>calendar options>time zone, but this changes the time everywhere else on the computer and the Outlook times are still an hour s...

Edit box
Hi All, I want to create a simple program which has to write in an editbox numbers from 1 to 10, each on a different line. I created an integer member variable and I use a for loop to generate the numbers, but I don't know how to display them on different lines in the editbox. Any help appreciated Regards, Nicolae Just insert "\r\n". -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits http://www.softcircuits.com Available for consulting: http://www.softcircuits.com/jwood/resume.htm "Nicolae Fieraru" <nospam@please.com> wrote in message news:41ec500a$1@duster.adelaide.on.ne...

Moving SQL Server for CRM 1.2 12-15-05
Hi there! We have to move our MS CRM SQL server from one machine to another, due to slowly failing hardware. (We have the recommended setup of a dedicated SQL server and a separate dedicated CRM/IIS server.) Now according to the document found on Customer Source (article 861115), in Step 8 we have to reinstall MSCRM, so that the new SQL server can be connected up. The document was written for CRM 1.0. We have CRM 1.2 (plus diverse patches and hot fixes etc), and in the deployment manager, there is a wizard which lets us choose a new SQL server. Question: Is the un-install and re-inst...

Background Banking #2
Is "Background Banking" and "Direct Services" the same thing. Microsoft has all these banks listed online that provide direct services but yet, whenever I email them, they say that no, I have to download an OFX. Why is it so hard to find banks that support Money background banking? I use US BANK, which has and does support it, but finding other banks in my area seems impossble. "Thinker" <Thinker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B962EA8D-D7EF-4B04-852E-E2DB204AA3BE@microsoft.com... > Is "Background Banking" and "Dir...

Multiline tooltips
I'm handling TTN_NEEDTEXTx messages in my CMainFrame class and copying a string to the szText member of the TOOLTIPTEXTx structure depending on the resource id of the control. I'm doing this because the state for each control id can change and I want the tooltip to reflect the current state of the control. Okay, that all works fine, but how do I implement a multi-line height tooltip? I've tried using \r\n and just \n but the tooltips still are single line with a little box character in place of the carriage return or line feed. Anyone know how to do multi-line tooltips and if s...

Dont allow blank #2
First of all thanks to Mr.Frank and Mr.Ron for the quick reply, but another problem arise i have already one work sheet change module "( Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)" in the same sheet , so how do i occupy the second one. please give some idea about this. nowfal -- nowfal ------------------------------------------------------------------------ nowfal's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=10003 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=266999 Hi Like this Private Sub Worksheet_Change(By...

Changing Title Bar color of the DlgBox? #2
Hi I have a mfc based dialog based application. I wish to change the color of the titlebar of my dialog box. I have successfuly changed it using the function SetSysColor(), but the problem is that as a result of this the titleBar color of all the other opened Widows also changes. How can i make sure that only my dlgboxes title bar color is changed Waiting for suggestions Regards ...

Attendance spreadsheet #2
I am trying to set up an attendance system to record student attendance. Students are assigned to one of eight courses. The course involves them in attending 3 modules (from a choice of seven) three times per week (9 attendances in total per week). I need a combined system that allows me to view attendance by module, by course and by individual student. I would have thought the easiest way would be throught auto filter. Once you have created your list - click Data, Filter, Aito filter. This will allow you to select individual courses, or student, or a mixture, and wioll return ...

Upcoming BIlls #2
I accidently removed the "upcoming bills" section from the bottom of my account register. Anyone know how to get it back? All it took was a rightclick to remove it, and I've been unable to figure out how to get it back. I can find no reference of it in Help. Also, this is Money 2003, after I click an account and am able to add transactions to the ledger. >-----Original Message----- >I accidently removed the "upcoming bills" section from >the bottom of my account register. Anyone know how to get >it back? All it took was a rightclick to remove it...

sharing #2
is it possable to share outlook dara files over a local network? Five of us recently signed up with a company that offers Exchange Server over the Internet for $10/person in order to use group features of Outlook. You can use the Outlook client on your PC if you have a broadband connection or a browser based application if you don't, or you can use both. It works great to share contacts, tasks, calendars, etc. There are lots of companies that do this. Tom "colin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:149d601c3f96d$d1d2a3e0$a401280a@phx.gbl... &...

How do I sum a range after 2 different conditions are met (2 colu.
I would like to sum a range if column A = x and column B = y then sum those numbers in range C that meet the criteria. Is this possible? SumIf only allows for one range and criteria, how can I get around this? Try =SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A500="x"),--(B2:B500="y"),C2:C500) Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Holly B." wrote: > I would like to sum a range if column A = x and column B = y then sum those > numbers in range C that meet the criteria. Is this possible? SumIf only > allows for one range and criteria, how can I get around this? try =sumproduct((rnga...

Totalling by referring to 2 date ranges #2
I have a spreadsheet that has 2 columns of date ranges. I want to refer to the first column and count how many entries meet a specific date range criteria. If there is no entry in the first column, I want to refer to column 2 to see if the range matches. Can somebody help???? Thanks Try: =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100>=D1)*(A1:A100<=E1)+(A1:A100="")* (B1:B100>=D1)*(B1:B100<=E1)) where D1 = start date, E1 = end date. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I have a spreadsheet that has 2 columns of date ranges. >I want to refer to the first column and co...

IF Statement with both AND and OR Criteria #2
I'm having difficulty creating an if statement that has both AND/OR criteria. The following statement covers the OR part, but how do I include the AND condition? =IF(OR(A1=TRUE,A2=TRUE),C2,"N/A") In other words, return the value in C2 if A1=TRUE OR A2=TRUE. In addition, F2 must = "Include" Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! T Try =IF(F2="Include",IF(OR(A1=TRUE,A2=TRUE),C2,"N/A"),"N/A") "T" wrote: > I'm having difficulty creating an if statement that has both AND/OR > criteria. T...

ODBC #2
Hi, I;ve got a flat-file database I'd like to be able to access using odbc. So that would basically mean writing an odbc driver? Can anyone help where to start, preferably code samples etc. I have the specs to the flat file database, so all I need is the interface part Tia Arthur If your flat file is dBase format or CSV text or something standard there may already be a driver for it. Otherwise, you'll have to write one. Something like this: http://www.syware.com/products/odbc_driver_kit.php Maybe help you get started, but it's spendy. "Daffy D." <x666nl@yah...

Add a custom tooltip to a file open dialog?
Hello out there, in many file open dialogs when hovering over a file name a tooltip pops up showing information about this particular file. Question: Can I override this tooltip to show specific information which I provide? In my application there will be eventually many (XML) files in a directory and I would like to give the user the option to add a comment when creating a new file AND in the tooltip mentioned above to show this comment. Can this be done? Question 2: Would it be possible to integrate an image into this tooltip (possibly by creating a custom tooltip).? These XML...

Microsoft Exchange server 2007 #2
Hi there, I Downloaded and used Exchange SDK, There was a sample on VC++ named CreateAppointment, I'll get error while I want to run the sample, I saw there error occured on this lines: // Set the provider to the Exchange OLEDB driver. connection->Provider = "ExOLEDB.DataSource"; connection->Open(iMailbox->BaseFolder, bstr_t(), bstr_t(), -1 ); Please do me a favore and help me if yiu'd like. Regards, I am getting follwing error : The following calendar has been opened: CreateAppointment threw the following error: IDispatch error #...

ver.2.
How much does ver.2 cost? Can anyone supply it? dexter You can buy it from any certified RMS Reseller. The price varies based on where in teh world you are. In US the end use price is about US$1,400. Afshin Alikhani - [ afshin@retailrealm.co.uk ] CEO - Retail Realm = = = = = = = = = = "dexter" <dexter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2EBE0032-194E-488F-9232-A991D3586155@microsoft.com... > How much does ver.2 cost? Can anyone supply it? > > dexter ...