Multiline Edit Control

Dear All,

Need Help.........

How to restrict Maximum number of Column and Number Of Row
in Multiline
Edit Control

if Number of Charecter in a row Exceed 255 then move to
next line But
also validate that Line should no exceed 10 But Cursor
Position should
at the same line and charecter

If any Idea then plz Let me know.

Lalit

0
anonymous (74724)
12/8/2003 6:50:53 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You MAY be able to do it by using a fixed font, calculating the size of the edit
box needed to contain rows x cols, setting the size of the edit box to this and
then using SetLimitText.

You have to be pretty careful with this sort of thing as when running on
different computers with different fonts, screen res etc things do not always
turn out as you might like. Also user can move around edit box
inserting/deleting characters etc.

You might have to define your own window type to do it.

Lalit Sharma wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Need Help.........
>
> How to restrict Maximum number of Column and Number Of Row
> in Multiline
> Edit Control
>
> if Number of Charecter in a row Exceed 255 then move to
> next line But
> also validate that Line should no exceed 10 But Cursor
> Position should
> at the same line and charecter
>
> If any Idea then plz Let me know.
>
> Lalit

0
isemmel (236)

Small Business edition to deluxe ed.
Is it possible to "downgrade" versions of money? I currently am running small business edition, but have decided I don't want to use it to run my company's finances just personal, therefore deluxe would be fine, plus it is cheaper. Is there a way to get all of the personal data into deluxe from SBE? I really don't want to reenter 10+ years of investment data. -brian In microsoft.public.money, sarge_53186@yahoo.com wrote: >Is it possible to "downgrade" versions of money? I currently am >running small business edition, but have decided I don't wan...

control arrow in editing
I have always used CONTROL + left or right arrow to move along document lines but all of a sudden this no longer works. Are there any settings I may have accidently changed and how can I get it back. This is driving me crazy. Without knowing more about your equipment and environment, it's hard to say. If you're using a laptop, for example, it's possible that some function lock combination has altered how your computer is interpreting the arrow keys. It's also possible that you've activated a different keyboard language, and that has changed the key def...

Make box control not visible based on condition
I have created my own tabs using boxes and subforms. However, I would like one of the "tabs" or the box that makes the tab (as well as the unassociated label) not visible on the event that a particular field is empty ([Notes]). I've played around with this in the OnCurrent event, but have been unsuccessful. Any ideas? Thanks in advance! magmike You could try setting the control based on the value of the particular field as follows: me.tab.visible=not isnull(me.particular field) '-where particular field = your fieldname you should also place this in the after update of...

How to get an edit control with flat style( no 3d borders)
Select the Edit control in the resource editor and goto its properties. Select the Style tab and remove the Border style. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [ VC++ MVP ] ----------------------------------- "Jeff Huang" <jeff_hh@msn.com> wrote in message news:eC7xa42TDHA.1552@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > > ...

GL Edit List and VAT
How can I show on GL Edit lists the VAT enties created using the VAT entry button on the GL Transaction entry window? I couldn't work out what new table relationships were require. Thanks ...

Tooltips don't appear in Crystal Report Viewer Control in VC6/7
Could someone kindly tell me how I can view tooltips created in Crystal Reports 8.5 using a Crystal Report Control (NOT the Crystal Report Viewer Control) ActiveX Object in VC++. Currently I am able to view the crystal reports using the Crystal Report Control from a Dialog based VC++ application, but I have been unsuccessful in making the tooltips appear (even though the tooltips appear fine when opening the report using the crystal report software) Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. CD ...

Upgrade from Money 2005 Standard edition to Money 2008 editions
I have Money 2005 standard edition and I would to upgrade to Money 2008. Can someone tell me which Money 2008 editions (essential, plus, deluxe) can accept Money 2005 standard edition files? For example, will I be able to upgrade/convert Money 2005 Standard edition files if I purchase Money 2008 Essential. Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, nedcpa@yahoo.com wrote: >I have Money 2005 standard edition and I would to upgrade to Money >2008. Can someone tell me which Money 2008 editions (essential, plus, >deluxe) can accept Money 2005 standard edition files? You need Money Plus Deluxe ...

View a control's name
In 2003 the control name was always visible when I clicked on the control. Now In 2007 I don't see the control name. I can find it but is there a way to have it show all the time ? Hi Kruppy, They sort of hid it. The control name (and type) is always shown in the very top of the properties window. You can also choose a particular control from that location. Of course if you close the properties window, as I often do, it no longer shows. There does not appear to be any way to customize the ribbon to put it back. Anyone know different? Clifford Bass ...

editing email address
I switched over to Gmail from Juno. I made some mistakes in the email addresses that I switched over and want to edit them to make them correct. >From reading how to do it, I understand that it is not allowable. If that is so, then I don't think I want to use Gmail. People get married or change email servers without changing their email name. So what's the deal? Lois lois.granny@gmail.com wrote: > I switched over to Gmail from Juno. I made some mistakes in > the email addresses that I switched over and want to edit them > to make them correct. > >> From rea...

Windows server standard edition sp 1 to update to sp2
hi, I have Windows server standard edition sp 1 I try my best to update this version to Windows server standard edition sp 2 but I cant update because the mgs. saying windows server sp 2 not install plese help to solve this promblem faizal wrote: > I have Windows server standard edition sp 1 I try my best to update > this version to Windows server standard edition sp 2 but I cant > update because the mgs. saying windows server sp 2 not install > plese help to solve this promblem Windows Server what? 2000? 2003? 2008? 32-bit? 64-bit? R2? Start button --> ...

Increasing Size of Controls on Dialog
Hi I am developing a dialog application and have found that i would like to increase the size of some controls so that they are bigger as they look quite small. e.g i have some radio buttons that i would like to make bigger. Do i have to do this at run time rather than design time? If i increase the dimensions of an edit box in the dialog editior the text stays the same as it was when i originally put the edit box on the dialog. Can anyone tell me how i can increase the text so it is in proportion to the size of the edit box I suppose my general question is how i can make the contents of th...

Adding Helptext for edit controls
When i used vc++ version 6 i remember you could add help text for a control that would appear on the screen when you hovered the mouse over it. How can you get this functionality working in vc++ .net version? Look Like you are Looking for ToolTips look for CToolTipCtrl class or take a look at this article http://www.codeproject.com/dialog/windowtip.asp -- With Regards Alok Gupta Visit me at http://alok.bizhat.com "I think this will Help" "Chris Baker" <ChrisBaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5AF95006-87D7-49A7-B6...

Using InStr on form control
Hi, I have this bit of code: Dim myText As Variant, i As Long If Not IsNull(Me.mktAreaCombo) Or Me.mktAreaCombo = "" Then If InStr(Me.mktAreaCombo, "...") > 0 Then MsgBox "... Detected!" myText = Split(Me.mktAreaCombo, "...") For i = LBound(myText) To UBound(myText) MsgBox myText(i) Next i Else strWhere = strWhere & "([mktArea] = " & Me.Controls("mktAreaCombo") & ") AND " MsgBox "No ..." ...

Edit Links to Files Powerpoint 2007
I have a couple of Powerpoint presentations with graphs where the data is linked to an Excel spreadsheet. At one point when I opened the presentation I received a message (Microsoft Office Powerpoint Security Notice) asking if I want to update the links. Now however, not only do I not receive the message allowing me to update the links, but the Edit Links to files option has disappeared from my Office menu. I can update the graphs by opening each one individually (if the Excel file is open) but I have a few hundred slide to update on a regular basis and would like to have it auto...

Viewing/Editing list of previous recipients in Entourage 2004
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop A few &quot;previous recipients&quot; are displayed in the To and CC fields of a message being composed in Entourage 2004. Apple Mail provides easy access to the full list for editing. Does Entourage also allow viewing and editing of this list? ...

multiline treectrl
Hello, How can I create multiline item of treectrl? Thanks MT Multiline tree ctrls can be done using custom drawing and CTreeCtrl, but are problematic if you allow the user to edit labels, and sometime scrolling is an issue. This might be a good alternative http://www.codeproject.com/treectrl/StaticTreeControl.asp AliR. "mt" <marto@vp.pl> wrote in message news:dqp3t6$ef0$1@nemesis.news.tpi.pl... > Hello, > How can I create multiline item of treectrl? > Thanks > MT Do you mean multiple selections: http://www.codeproject.com/treectrl/MultiSelect_DragImage.asp ...

creating a template that cant be edited?
Hi people, I am having trouble putting our logo and address behind the body of the letter. It works fine if i insert them into headers and footers but the problem is the turn into water marks when i go back to page view. I dont ant them as watermarks. Any ideas?? They only look like watermarks--all text in headers/footers is faded out in page view, and there's nothing you can do about it. They will print out fine. On 10/7/04 4:07 AM, "sublimesoul" wrote: > Hi people, > > I am having trouble putting our logo and address behind the body of the > letter. &...

Can I edit email after running spellcheck (before sending it)?
Does Outlook have the option to return to writing or editing an email after running spellcheck and before sending the email? It seems to send the email automatically after running spellcheck. Is there an option or override to prevent this? How are you invoking spell-check? Neither the spell-check button (abc), nor F7 sends the message after spell-checking it. Pressing "send" of course, will, as will alt+s. "mom1227" wrote: > Does Outlook have the option to return to writing or editing an email after > running spellcheck and before sending the email? It seems...

? Changing Column for "Jump Key" in List Control
Hi, When you press a key in a list control, it jumps to the next item whose first-column text begins with that key. I am looking for a way to change that, so that pressing a key jumps to an item based on a different column. I don't mean just reordering the columns, so that the first column appears in a different position, but actually using a different column. I looked around for an answer, but only found a couple of others who /asked/ this (and did not get responses). :( Is it even possible? I could swear that I have seen it, or read of a way to do it. (On this topic, does anyone know...

Control Money importing and updating
When I first ran Money after install, I found it has already made an account - with a name that I recognise as one I use (e.g. in my attempts at Excel budgets). Where does Money look for and import such data? How do I stop it from rifling through my documents? Also, how do I tell it to only update from the internet with my permission? (Program updates as well as exchange rates, accounts, investments, etc.) ...

Office:Mac Student & teacher Edition
Why can i not reinstall office onto my imac after restoring the system, the cd does not seem to be recognised......? any help would be apreciated.... Lee In article <1137343827.070984.191440@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, "Lee Bradford" <lbradford@havering-college.ac.uk> wrote: > Why can i not reinstall office onto my imac after restoring the system, > the cd does not seem to be recognised......? any help would be > apreciated.... Lee Hi Lee! A variety of things could be happening. 1. Try another CD. Is that one recognized? If so, your Office CD may be ...

Exchange tasks tab on domain controllers
When we were running Exchange 2K, I could add a mailbox from any domain controller, but can't now that we've migrated to Exchange 2K3. Was this a function of connection agreements in Exchange 2K/5.5? Is there any way to re-enable this functionality? Thx. Phil: Thanks much. Is it my imagination, or are details like that hard to find? P >-----Original Message----- >On the domain controllers that are not running Exchange run the Exchange 2003 CD install on them. Install the management tools option. This will enable the tabs in AD on that domain controller. And, yes, ...

bracketts when I edit email
When I type a response within the body of an email someone sends me, [] bracketts appear before my text as if to show where a change was made. For example, if text in an email sent to me said: Test message And I add the words "more text" it would look like this: Test message [] more text What causes this and how can I turn it off? Thanks Hi Sherry, you don't say which version of OL. In OL2002 - Tools > Options > Email options > uncheck the box at the bottom that says Mark my comments with You might then want to check your text format in Tools > Options > Mail F...

Edit box
Hi All, I want to create a simple program which has to write in an editbox numbers from 1 to 10, each on a different line. I created an integer member variable and I use a for loop to generate the numbers, but I don't know how to display them on different lines in the editbox. Any help appreciated Regards, Nicolae Just insert "\r\n". -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits http://www.softcircuits.com Available for consulting: http://www.softcircuits.com/jwood/resume.htm "Nicolae Fieraru" <nospam@please.com> wrote in message news:41ec500a$1@duster.adelaide.on.ne...

how to send excel attachments which can be edited and sent back
We want to send excel questionnaires as email attachments which the recipients can open, fill in and then just send back without having to save first. I notice there is a 'Reply with changes' button on the toolbar but it isn't active. Any tips? ...