multiline edit box

Hello,

    I am developing an application that uses an edit box to printout its
result.

The printout should be some thing such as follow:

Task 1 started

some result

a=1

b=2

c=3

Task 1 finished

task 2 started

a=11

b=12

c=13

Task2 finished

Is there any better way to do this than using a multi line edit Box?

In Edit box how can I enter several line?

I tried to attach a CString to Edit box and put data in CString but it
didn't work. I couldn't force it to go to next line. (putting \n in the
string didn't work). How can I do this?

Best regards

0
ma1 (15)
4/11/2005 1:15:04 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

> In Edit box how can I enter several line?
>
> I tried to attach a CString to Edit box and put data in CString but it
> didn't work. I couldn't force it to go to next line. (putting \n in the
> string didn't work). How can I do this?
>

> Best regards

    Try using "\r\n" instead of "\n".

--
Cheers
Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP]

0
CheckAbdoul
4/11/2005 1:23:25 PM
"ma" <ma@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
>     I am developing an application that uses an edit box to printout its
> result.
>
> The printout should be some thing such as follow:
> Is there any better way to do this than using a multi line edit Box?

It's not uncommon to use a list box for this sort of logging.

--
Tim Ward

tw2 (223)

Small Business edition to deluxe ed.
Is it possible to "downgrade" versions of money? I currently am running small business edition, but have decided I don't want to use it to run my company's finances just personal, therefore deluxe would be fine, plus it is cheaper. Is there a way to get all of the personal data into deluxe from SBE? I really don't want to reenter 10+ years of investment data. -brian In microsoft.public.money, sarge_53186@yahoo.com wrote: >Is it possible to "downgrade" versions of money? I currently am >running small business edition, but have decided I don't wan...

Group Box
Hello: I'd like to create Group Box and placed a number of other controls on top of it from inside code. How can I do it ? I know that have to use CButton.Create ( BS_GROUPBOX ... ) to create Group Box, but how I can place controls like ComboBox on top of it ? Thank you, Dave The most common way is to place the controls in a dialog box using the dialog editor. It is very easy to do it this way. Did you need to do this at runtime for some reason? -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits http://www.softcircuits.com Available for consulting: http://www.softcircuits.co...

control arrow in editing
I have always used CONTROL + left or right arrow to move along document lines but all of a sudden this no longer works. Are there any settings I may have accidently changed and how can I get it back. This is driving me crazy. Without knowing more about your equipment and environment, it's hard to say. If you're using a laptop, for example, it's possible that some function lock combination has altered how your computer is interpreting the arrow keys. It's also possible that you've activated a different keyboard language, and that has changed the key def...

How to get an edit control with flat style( no 3d borders)
Select the Edit control in the resource editor and goto its properties. Select the Style tab and remove the Border style. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [ VC++ MVP ] ----------------------------------- "Jeff Huang" <jeff_hh@msn.com> wrote in message news:eC7xa42TDHA.1552@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > > ...

GL Edit List and VAT
How can I show on GL Edit lists the VAT enties created using the VAT entry button on the GL Transaction entry window? I couldn't work out what new table relationships were require. Thanks ...

Upgrade from Money 2005 Standard edition to Money 2008 editions
I have Money 2005 standard edition and I would to upgrade to Money 2008. Can someone tell me which Money 2008 editions (essential, plus, deluxe) can accept Money 2005 standard edition files? For example, will I be able to upgrade/convert Money 2005 Standard edition files if I purchase Money 2008 Essential. Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, nedcpa@yahoo.com wrote: >I have Money 2005 standard edition and I would to upgrade to Money >2008. Can someone tell me which Money 2008 editions (essential, plus, >deluxe) can accept Money 2005 standard edition files? You need Money Plus Deluxe ...

Text Box Problem
On a form, I am attempting to add numbers (currency) in a text box based on fields in a record. The sum displays correctly when there are values (or 0) in all of the 5 fields being added but displays nothing when one or more of the fields is NULL. Is there a way to force the sum to appear when one (or more) of the added fields is NULL? Thanks -- Dennis Nz(Field1, 0) + Nz(Field2, 0) + Nz(Field3, 0) + Nz(Field4, 0) + Nz(Field5, 0) -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "denyoung" <denyoung@discussions...

drop down box
Is there a way to allow participatns to select multiple choices from a drop down list Multiselect from a DV dropdown is possible using VBA. See Debra Dalgleish's site for a downloadable sample workbook with event code. http://www.contextures.on.ca/excelfiles.html#DV0017 Note that you can have the selections in an adjacent cell or in the same cell. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 8 Dec 2009 17:33:01 -0800, cp <cp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way to allow participatns to select multiple choices from a drop >down list ...

How can I generate a report by using the check box?
I am trying to generate a report to open for only the boxes I have check marked, how can I do that? Does this question make sense? No, your question doesn't make much sense. Do you have a table structure, sample records, and desired output? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Kat" wrote: > I am trying to generate a report to open for only the boxes I have check > marked, how can I do that? Does this question make sense? ...

editing email address
I switched over to Gmail from Juno. I made some mistakes in the email addresses that I switched over and want to edit them to make them correct. >From reading how to do it, I understand that it is not allowable. If that is so, then I don't think I want to use Gmail. People get married or change email servers without changing their email name. So what's the deal? Lois lois.granny@gmail.com wrote: > I switched over to Gmail from Juno. I made some mistakes in > the email addresses that I switched over and want to edit them > to make them correct. > >> From rea...

Windows server standard edition sp 1 to update to sp2
hi, I have Windows server standard edition sp 1 I try my best to update this version to Windows server standard edition sp 2 but I cant update because the mgs. saying windows server sp 2 not install plese help to solve this promblem faizal wrote: > I have Windows server standard edition sp 1 I try my best to update > this version to Windows server standard edition sp 2 but I cant > update because the mgs. saying windows server sp 2 not install > plese help to solve this promblem Windows Server what? 2000? 2003? 2008? 32-bit? 64-bit? R2? Start button --> ...

Adding Helptext for edit controls
When i used vc++ version 6 i remember you could add help text for a control that would appear on the screen when you hovered the mouse over it. How can you get this functionality working in vc++ .net version? Look Like you are Looking for ToolTips look for CToolTipCtrl class or take a look at this article http://www.codeproject.com/dialog/windowtip.asp -- With Regards Alok Gupta Visit me at http://alok.bizhat.com "I think this will Help" "Chris Baker" <ChrisBaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5AF95006-87D7-49A7-B6...

Money 2004 DVD Box
I know anyone who has real info on M04 signed a NDA but I was just hoping for other peoples thoughts. I just preordered (yes I'm addicted) Money 2004 Premium DVD Box on Amazon. Does any one have any idea's why it says "DVD Box" when Amazon list the media as "CD Rom". I don't currently have a DVD Player but I've been wanting one for my computer so I figure if it arrives and is actually a DVD then I'll just pick a drive up. I know the program is getting bigger every year but I can't believe it's so big that it needs a DVD to hold all of it. Wh...

Two Combo Boxes
Is there a way to have two combo boxes in the header of a form to search and for each one to reflect the criteria of the other. I'm thinking specifically of a concatenated name field and their PeronalID field so that I can find data either way. Thanks Nigel Here's another possibility... You could add an option box with two choices: "name" and "ID". In the AfterUpdate event of that Group/option, selecting "name" results in the combobox's Source changing to look up names. Selecting "ID" changes the combobox Source to l...

Edit Links to Files Powerpoint 2007
I have a couple of Powerpoint presentations with graphs where the data is linked to an Excel spreadsheet. At one point when I opened the presentation I received a message (Microsoft Office Powerpoint Security Notice) asking if I want to update the links. Now however, not only do I not receive the message allowing me to update the links, but the Edit Links to files option has disappeared from my Office menu. I can update the graphs by opening each one individually (if the Excel file is open) but I have a few hundred slide to update on a regular basis and would like to have it auto...

Viewing/Editing list of previous recipients in Entourage 2004
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop A few &quot;previous recipients&quot; are displayed in the To and CC fields of a message being composed in Entourage 2004. Apple Mail provides easy access to the full list for editing. Does Entourage also allow viewing and editing of this list? ...

dialog box fonts too big in outlook 2003
Some of the dialog boxes that come up in outlook 2003 have very large fonts and buttons and cause the entire box contents not to be shown. I also get large fonts in new message address lines. Can't find a setting I've changed. Anyone know what might have happened? I am having the exact same problem and I can't figure it out! I wish someone would fix this or at least address it in some of their articles on the microsoft website ----- rich wrote: ---- Some of the dialog boxes that come up in outlook 2003 have very large fonts and buttons and cause th...

creating a template that cant be edited?
Hi people, I am having trouble putting our logo and address behind the body of the letter. It works fine if i insert them into headers and footers but the problem is the turn into water marks when i go back to page view. I dont ant them as watermarks. Any ideas?? They only look like watermarks--all text in headers/footers is faded out in page view, and there's nothing you can do about it. They will print out fine. On 10/7/04 4:07 AM, "sublimesoul" wrote: > Hi people, > > I am having trouble putting our logo and address behind the body of the > letter. &...

How to resize a check box and description
I have inserted a check box in my spreadsheet (using Excel 2003), but I can't resize the check box or the description. I can resize the entire box, but the check box and description stay the same size. I have tried check boxes from both the forms toolbar and the control toolbar. Any suggestions? -- Thanks for taking the time to read my thread, I look forward to reading your response. Kathryn If you use a checkbox from the Control toolbox, this has properties that can be set individually, such as font which allows you to change the size of the descriptive text. But the actual bo...

Can I edit email after running spellcheck (before sending it)?
Does Outlook have the option to return to writing or editing an email after running spellcheck and before sending the email? It seems to send the email automatically after running spellcheck. Is there an option or override to prevent this? How are you invoking spell-check? Neither the spell-check button (abc), nor F7 sends the message after spell-checking it. Pressing "send" of course, will, as will alt+s. "mom1227" wrote: > Does Outlook have the option to return to writing or editing an email after > running spellcheck and before sending the email? It seems...

multiline treectrl
Hello, How can I create multiline item of treectrl? Thanks MT Multiline tree ctrls can be done using custom drawing and CTreeCtrl, but are problematic if you allow the user to edit labels, and sometime scrolling is an issue. This might be a good alternative http://www.codeproject.com/treectrl/StaticTreeControl.asp AliR. "mt" <marto@vp.pl> wrote in message news:dqp3t6$ef0$1@nemesis.news.tpi.pl... > Hello, > How can I create multiline item of treectrl? > Thanks > MT Do you mean multiple selections: http://www.codeproject.com/treectrl/MultiSelect_DragImage.asp ...

Office:Mac Student & teacher Edition
Why can i not reinstall office onto my imac after restoring the system, the cd does not seem to be recognised......? any help would be apreciated.... Lee In article <1137343827.070984.191440@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, "Lee Bradford" <lbradford@havering-college.ac.uk> wrote: > Why can i not reinstall office onto my imac after restoring the system, > the cd does not seem to be recognised......? any help would be > apreciated.... Lee Hi Lee! A variety of things could be happening. 1. Try another CD. Is that one recognized? If so, your Office CD may be ...

list box
Hi, I create a list box inside a column. It works ok. However, the arrow appears at the next column, not inside the main column. Ex: list of text, which I can choose from, at F column, but the arrow is at G column. I wish the errow will be at F column also. Please help me. Thank you Loi When you create a list with Data Validation, the arrow is outside the cell, on the right border. There's no way to change this, so it displays inside the cell. Loi wrote: > I create a list box inside a column. It works ok. > > However, the arrow appears at the next column, not inside ...

bracketts when I edit email
When I type a response within the body of an email someone sends me, [] bracketts appear before my text as if to show where a change was made. For example, if text in an email sent to me said: Test message And I add the words "more text" it would look like this: Test message [] more text What causes this and how can I turn it off? Thanks Hi Sherry, you don't say which version of OL. In OL2002 - Tools > Options > Email options > uncheck the box at the bottom that says Mark my comments with You might then want to check your text format in Tools > Options > Mail F...

How to edit Boot.ini on XP-Pro, if unable to load windows
Hello, Had to do a clean install from a USB drive, because the CD drive died on me. and now I need to edit the "Boot.ini" file. I just need to delete one line off of it. Can someone please point me to where I can find instructions on how I can accomplish this? I've been reading and found that they are not directly editable when on a NTFS volume. but also read that it is possible. but haven't been able to find good directions on how to do it. Thank you ***In2Ndo*** wrote: > Hello, > > Had to do a clean install from a USB drive, because the C...