Multiline button caption

Hi,

Is it possible to set the MS_MULTILINE property of a button control at
design time? Or does it have to be done using CreateWindow()?
I simply need to display multi-line captions on pushbuttons.

Excuse me if the question is too trivial. I'm new to MFC. Thanks a lot.
0
shirley (60)
6/30/2005 12:05:03 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

It should work in designer as well as at run time. I tried it in
designer and use \n as the line break.

This link shows how to do it dynamically:

http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/buttonctrl/advancedbuttons/article.php/c8395/

-------
Ajay Kalra
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

0
ajaykalra (6840)
6/30/2005 2:23:44 AM
Hi Ajay,

Thanks for reply. But no..."\n" had no effect when I tried it.
Just to confirm: I dragged a button onto the dialog box, and change the
"Caption" field of the Properties to, say, "line1\nline2".

The button displayed "line1line2", instead of on two lines...

Is this what you did?

"Ajay Kalra" wrote:

> It should work in designer as well as at run time. I tried it in
> designer and use \n as the line break.
>
> This link shows how to do it dynamically:
>
> http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/buttonctrl/advancedbuttons/article.php/c8395/
>
> -------
> Ajay Kalra
> ajaykalra@yahoo.com

0
shirley (60)
6/30/2005 2:33:02 AM
Shirley wrote:

> Is this what you did?

In addition, I checked the Multiline style in properties dialog (styles
tab) for the button in designer.

-------
Ajay Kalra
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

0
ajaykalra (6840)

missing buttons

Activation Button and Key... PLZ NEED HELP ASAP
I got a 60 day free trial of Microsoft office and student 2007 addician and everything went great until after I Copied the Key to put in the activation Part to Paste the key (like the instructions told me to). The problem is that when I click the activation key it does nothing. When I right click and force it to open, it comes up website not found, but yet my internet is working fine. Another tip said to turn off your firewall and then it will open. Have any sugestions? Chelsea27 wrote: > I got a 60 day free trial of Microsoft office and student 2007 addician and >eve...

multiline treectrl
Hello, How can I create multiline item of treectrl? Thanks MT Multiline tree ctrls can be done using custom drawing and CTreeCtrl, but are problematic if you allow the user to edit labels, and sometime scrolling is an issue. This might be a good alternative http://www.codeproject.com/treectrl/StaticTreeControl.asp AliR. "mt" <marto@vp.pl> wrote in message news:dqp3t6$ef0$1@nemesis.news.tpi.pl... > Hello, > How can I create multiline item of treectrl? > Thanks > MT Do you mean multiple selections: http://www.codeproject.com/treectrl/MultiSelect_DragImage.asp ...

From Command button, Find records beginning with ID#
ID# is the primary key. I have a form where you can enter an ID and the Command button finds the record that is equal to the ID. This uses stLinkCriteria (through the wizard). What I really want is for all the records beginning with the ID entered to be available on the form. I can't make an 'Or' condition work with the stLinkCriteria and that may be because I'm still in early learning process. I can change the condition to be > than the ID and that works fine, except it does not show the record the person actually entered; it begins with the next record. I thou...

resizing te button ??
hi .. i need help for how to resize the button that is placed in a form.. for example wen i maximize r wen i strech r drag the form te button placed in the.. also need to be moved.. along with the form i.e it should resize it.. i have done a done as given below... m_bmpBtn1 -> my button name i have placed it in a form.. m_bmpBtn1.LoadBitmap(...); ..... and Onsize() if(m_bmpBtn1) { CRect rcCtrl(0,0,0,0); m_bmpBtn1.GetWindowRect(&rcCtrl); ScreenToClient(&rcCtrl); rcCtrl.right = rcClient.right - 20; rcCtrl.bottom = rcClient.bottom - 20; m_bmpBtn1.MoveWin...

Option Buttons
I am a first time option buttons user and have a question. I have created a spreadsheet which has 4 option buttons for 3 different parties. they are: Approved Declined Additional Info Requested 4th button has no text i set up the 4th button so that when they get the worksheet - i can tell that no option had been chose as of yet. is this the correct way to do this? additionally, i have those 4 buttons for three different attys. so atty 1 will have his own buttons (I put initials after the text); atty 2 will have his own, etc. When there is more than one request that nee...

Centralizing a command button on a userform
I have a userform which sizes to the screen using the following code Private Sub UserForm_Initialize() With Me .Height = Application.Height .Width = Application.Width .Left = Application.Left .Top = Application.Top End With End Sub I have a command button on the userform, but I would like it to be always centered on the page. Is there a way to do this? Many thanks, Roger Roger, If you know the height and width of your command button, then after you set the size of your UserForm (with the code you posted), do a little math to ge...

Embedding spin button
I've put a spin button icon into a cell and liked it to that cell. However when I go to use the button it highlights it for editting and won't work. The button comes up with: =EMBED("Forms.SpinButton.1","") - in the top panel when selected - do i need to modify this to get it working Maybe try the spinner from the Forms Toolbar instead of the Control Toolbox? Here's some steps to ease you in: Let's say we want to create a spinner button to increase / decrease the value in say, cell A2 Steps ------- Click View > Toolbars > Forms Click on "...

Custom POS Button #3
I want a section of the POS screen to show the customers last date of purchase as well as the most recent items they purchased. I think this might be done using HTML but I don't know how to do that. Any help would be great Thanks ...

Toolbar & OnUpdateCmdUI
Hello, I have an application with a toolbar and I'm using OnUpdateCmdUI to update Toolbar-Button states. The Toolbar is derived from CToolbar and has just a few additions. This is not my work, though. The Toolbar has 9 Elements, them being 7 Buttons, a checkbox (is logically a button, too) and a dropdown combo. The checkbox and dropdown are added dynamically during runtime (replacing an existing resource), but all the buttons are from the resource. Two of the buttons in the resource were just added the other day. Now when I come to update my button-states I found out that so...

Add Button to Cell
I have two questions: A/ Can I add a button to a cell in my worksheet that will sort the column data? Like the Assending/Descending buttons on the toolbar above the sheet. Basically, can I add those buttons to a cell? B/ Can I have Excel mail me when a date within the worksheet is getting close, or overdue, etc..? Thank you for your assistance. I've researched both of these in other places, and found the answer to be no to both questions, but I figured I'd ask the experts to get the final answer. Mike .. Turn on the macro recorder and sort a range. turn off the macro rec...

custom button in custom toolbar #2
OL 2002 SP3 Win XP HE SP1 Follow-up to: microsoft.public.outlook Hi, How do I create a custom button for a customized search I have saved as ..oss, in a new custom toolbar I have created for that purpose/or just as an addition to the regular toolbar? Tx a lot. ...

cmd button to run other Access database
How can I make a command button open another Access database (I do not want to close the active database)? Is there any way to put a Windows shortcut on an Access form? I have several daily reports,in numerous databases, and I would like to create a Menu program for my substitute to run, when I am out of the office, so they don't have to traverse our complex file structure looking for the databases. Thanks, Jim look in VBA help for the OpenDatabase method. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Capt James Cook" wrote: > How can I make a command button open another...

how to find which button in a group is checked...
Hi, I have a group of radio buttons (ID_R1, ID_R2, ..etc). I want to know which button is checked. This can be done easily if there is a dialog integer member variable associated with ID_R1 set in the dialog function DoDataExchange(). But could someone show me how to simplify the other often used approach to achieve the same purpose shown below? CButton *p = (CButton*) pDlg->GetDlgItem(IDC_R1); if (p->GetCheck() != 1) { // check through all the buttons p = (CButton*) pDlg->GetDlgItem(IDC_R2); if (p->GetCheck() != 1) { } ... }...

Lock/unlock form button
I've successfully created a button that locks/unlocks all the fields in a form. In addition, it keeps all fields unlocked during initial record creation, but requires the user to use the button whenever any fields in the form are edited. This was accomplished by following the instructions and code (see pasted at bottom of this post) at the following web address under "Double-Action Command Button" posted on 3/28/08: http://www.msaccesstips.com/labels/msaccess%20forms.shtml This does almost exactly what I want, but I'd like to have one of the fields on the form (...

Publisher template for lapel buttons
Looking for a template to produce round, 2-3 inch diameter lapel buttons Avery 3113, it appears in page setup, labels. Looks square, but it prints okay on round Avery stickers. Avery has Word templates. Search for 5294 http://www.avery.com/us/Main?action=software.BlankTPLProductSKU&catalogcode=WEB01&softwarecode=4078 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "brittleliquid" <brittleliquid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D31D8499-B85C-4277-9982-EDB47FAAC056@microsoft.com... > Looking ...

Wide button on toolbar
Does anyone know how to have a button on a toolbar which is of a different width than the other buttons? I have tried using multiple toolbars, and that works, but does not give the result I want when the window is made resized small and then back large again. Thanks You could put a regular button on a toolbar and make it as large as you'd like (or any other control). Tom http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/toolbar/placingcontrolsintoolbars/article.php/c2547/ "Banner" <Banner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2AE0E1B4-F4BF-4EAE-8E0C-567FCE57D715@micr...

selecting more than one option button
I have set up a worksheet in Excel with numerous option buttons. My problem is now it will only let me select 1 option button. How can I select multiple option buttons? Thanks, Katie You may not want option buttons. You can only have one option button in any given grouping selected. You might want to use Check boxes instead. "Katie-Baughman" wrote: > I have set up a worksheet in Excel with numerous option buttons. My problem > is now it will only let me select 1 option button. How can I select multiple > option buttons? > > Thanks, > Katie If you ha...

Printing Command buttons
I have an excel spreadsheet with a few command buttons placed on it. When I print the sheet the buttons slide a little and change appearance. Is there a fix to this? xl2002??? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;838910 Controls move to the left of the worksheet in Microsoft Excel 2002 RobertLee wrote: > > I have an excel spreadsheet with a few command buttons > placed on it. When I print the sheet the buttons slide a > little and change appearance. Is there a fix to this? -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Edit box
Hi All, I want to create a simple program which has to write in an editbox numbers from 1 to 10, each on a different line. I created an integer member variable and I use a for loop to generate the numbers, but I don't know how to display them on different lines in the editbox. Any help appreciated Regards, Nicolae Just insert "\r\n". -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits http://www.softcircuits.com Available for consulting: http://www.softcircuits.com/jwood/resume.htm "Nicolae Fieraru" <nospam@please.com> wrote in message news:41ec500a$1@duster.adelaide.on.ne...

Action buttons in slides
I guess the buttons in the lower left of a slide (next slide, previous slide, etc) are referred to as action buttons. It must be in the Help somewhere, but I sure couldn't find it. They seem to appear on a random basis -- that is, on some slides and not in others OR what's worse sometimes when playing the show and sometimes not. All I want to do is to completely eliminate them in particular shows or at least be able to control them. There must be a way -- what am I missing. I am using PP 2003 under XP. Thank you. Hi Hickory Annoying, aren't they? You can tu...

Outlook 2007
We are implementing Outlook 2007 - Exchange 2010 across the company and we are noting that while we can open and save attachments directly from the email in either preview pane or full view (by right clicking and saying "Save As"), the Save Attachment button does not work in the Email Toolbar. Having put the Save Attachment button in my quick access toolbar, I note that it does not work either when I open the full Email. I am thinking this might be related to the Exchange/Outlook relationship. Our exchange server in on our LAN and I have my connection set to "Dow...

Help button in the main frame
Hi, I want to create a small help button besides the minimize button on the main frame of the view and the dialog boxes. Is this possible? Any ideas please let me know. rgds subhash Hi, I checked the context help for view but the button does not seem to appear. rgds subhash "Subhash Badri" <subhash.badri@in.bosch.com> wrote in message news:bnr5lp$mv5$1@ns2.fe.internet.bosch.com... > Hi, > > I want to create a small help button besides the minimize button on the > main frame of the view and the dialog boxes. Is this possible? > Any ideas please let me...

Multiline tooltips
I'm handling TTN_NEEDTEXTx messages in my CMainFrame class and copying a string to the szText member of the TOOLTIPTEXTx structure depending on the resource id of the control. I'm doing this because the state for each control id can change and I want the tooltip to reflect the current state of the control. Okay, that all works fine, but how do I implement a multi-line height tooltip? I've tried using \r\n and just \n but the tooltips still are single line with a little box character in place of the carriage return or line feed. Anyone know how to do multi-line tooltips and if s...

Radio button color
Hi group I use VC8.0 and i would like to make Radiobutton colored please help Neel > I use VC8.0 and i would like to make Radiobutton colored > You will need to owner draw it in order to chage its appearance. Look at codeguru/codeproject for some samples of owner drawing. --- Ajay Hi, You could handle wm_ctlcolor and return any colored brush . /Kiran Neel wrote: > Hi group > > I use VC8.0 and i would like to make Radiobutton colored > > please help > > Neel <kiran.inbng@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1159767841.184316.128920@m7g2000cwm.googleg...