msg: The symbol 'OnTest' is undefined

I just added a handler to my view.  When I right click on it and choose 'Go
to definition' or 'Go to reference', I get the message, 'The symbol 'OnTest'
is undefined."  Yet everything seems to be working fine.  What would cause
this or fix this?

0
srussell2458 (497)
3/25/2005 1:12:41 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"Steve Russell" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> wrote in message
>I just added a handler to my view.  When I right click on it and choose 'Go
>to definition' or 'Go to reference', I get the message, 'The symbol
>'OnTest' is undefined."  Yet everything seems to be working fine.  What
>would cause this or fix this?

I notice that every function I am now adding has this same situation.
Having made quite a few changes in the program lately, I am wondering, Is
there a setting that I might have changed that would be the culprit?

0
srussell2458 (497)
3/25/2005 3:18:43 AM
> "Steve Russell" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> wrote in message
>>I just added a handler to my view.  When I right click on it and choose
>>'Go to definition' or 'Go to reference', I get the message, 'The symbol
>>'OnTest' is undefined."  Yet everything seems to be working fine.  What
>>would cause this or fix this?
>>
> I notice that every function I am now adding has this same situation.
> Having made quite a few changes in the program lately, I am wondering, Is
> there a setting that I might have changed that would be the culprit?

Make sure that you have Generate browse info checked and then do a rebuild
all.

VC6
Project->Settings->C/C++->General

VC7
Project->Properties->C/C++->Browse Information->Enable Browse Information

--
============
Frank Hickman

"Frank Hickman [MVP]" <fhickman_NOSP@M_noblesoft.com> wrote in message
> "Steve Russell" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> wrote in message
>> "Steve Russell" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> wrote in message
>>>I just added a handler to my view.  When I right click on it and choose
>>>'Go to definition' or 'Go to reference', I get the message, 'The symbol
>>>'OnTest' is undefined."  Yet everything seems to be working fine.  What
>>>would cause this or fix this?
>>>
>> I notice that every function I am now adding has this same situation.
>> Having made quite a few changes in the program lately, I am wondering, Is
>> there a setting that I might have changed that would be the culprit?
>
> Make sure that you have Generate browse info checked and then do a rebuild
> all.
>
> VC6
> Project->Settings->C/C++->General
>
> VC7
> Project->Properties->C/C++->Browse Information->Enable Browse Information
>
> --
> ============
> Frank Hickman
> Microsoft MVP
> NobleSoft, Inc.
> ============
> Replace the _nosp@m_ with @ to reply.

Thank you very much, but that still has not solved the problem.

0
srussell2458 (497)
3/25/2005 10:53:11 AM
Steve Russell wrote:
> "Steve Russell" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> wrote in message
>
>>I just added a handler to my view.  When I right click on it and choose 'Go
>>to definition' or 'Go to reference', I get the message, 'The symbol
>>'OnTest' is undefined."  Yet everything seems to be working fine.  What
>>would cause this or fix this?
>>

> I notice that every function I am now adding has this same situation.
> Having made quite a few changes in the program lately, I am wondering, Is
> there a setting that I might have changed that would be the culprit?

Just a WAG, but it sounds like maybe you were in editing the header files
and got some of the ClassWizard comments out of whack.  Like maybe you
removed OnTest, but not complete?

--
Jonathan Arnold
inSORS
> "Frank Hickman [MVP]" <fhickman_NOSP@M_noblesoft.com> wrote in message
>> "Steve Russell" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> wrote in message
>>> "Steve Russell" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> wrote in message
>>>>
>>> I notice that every function I am now adding has this same situation.
>>> Having made quite a few changes in the program lately, I am wondering,
>>> Is there a setting that I might have changed that would be the culprit?
>>
>> Make sure that you have Generate browse info checked and then do a
>> rebuild all.
>>
>> VC6
>> Project->Settings->C/C++->General
>>
>> VC7
>> Project->Properties->C/C++->Browse Information->Enable Browse Information
>>
>> --
>> ============
>> Frank Hickman
>> Microsoft MVP
>> NobleSoft, Inc.
>> ============
>> Replace the _nosp@m_ with @ to reply.
>>

> Thank you very much, but that still has not solved the problem.

Hmm, you may want to check the individual source file settings, maybe it's
set to exclude the file from the build.

Something else you may want to try if the above is also not the
case...delete all the files in your Debug directory.  You would think that a
Rebuild All would do that but it leaves some files intact.

--
============
Frank Hickman

> "Steve Russell" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> wrote in message
>> "Frank Hickman [MVP]" <fhickman_NOSP@M_noblesoft.com> wrote in message
>>> "Steve Russell" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> wrote in message

>>> Make sure that you have Generate browse info checked and then do a
>>> rebuild all.
>>>
>>> VC6
>>> Project->Settings->C/C++->General
>>>
>>> VC7
>>> Project->Properties->C/C++->Browse Information->Enable Browse
>>> Information
>>>
>>> --
>>> ============
>>> Frank Hickman
>>> Microsoft MVP
>>> NobleSoft, Inc.
>>> ============
>>> Replace the _nosp@m_ with @ to reply.
>>>

>> Thank you very much, but that still has not solved the problem.
>>

> Hmm, you may want to check the individual source file settings, maybe it's
> set to exclude the file from the build.
>
> Something else you may want to try if the above is also not the
> case...delete all the files in your Debug directory.  You would think that
> a Rebuild All would do that but it leaves some files intact.
>
> --
> ============
> Frank Hickman
> Microsoft MVP
> NobleSoft, Inc.
> ============
> Replace the _nosp@m_ with @ to reply.

Clearing the Debug directory did the job -- thank you very much, Frank!

0
srussell2458 (497)
3/25/2005 9:41:57 PM
"Jonathan Arnold" <jdarnold_online@insors_comm.com> wrote in message
> Steve Russell wrote:
>> "Steve Russell" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> wrote in message
>>
>>>I just added a handler to my view.  When I right click on it and choose
>>>'Go to definition' or 'Go to reference', I get the message, 'The symbol
>>>'OnTest' is undefined."  Yet everything seems to be working fine.  What
>>>would cause this or fix this?
>>>

>> I notice that every function I am now adding has this same situation.
>> Having made quite a few changes in the program lately, I am wondering, Is
>> there a setting that I might have changed that would be the culprit?
>
> Just a WAG, but it sounds like maybe you were in editing the header files
> and got some of the ClassWizard comments out of whack.  Like maybe you
> removed OnTest, but not complete?
>
> --
> Jonathan Arnold
> inSORS
Thanks for trying to help me out of this jam, Jonathan.  I tried Frank
Hickman's suggestion to delete all files in the Debug directory, and all is
well now.  (I also discovered that the problem had been occurring in other
files.)

0
srussell2458 (497)

error msg
The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.gmail.com (1)', Server: 'pop.gmail.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E How do I fix the setup so I don't get this. tks. Gmail would like you to use the settings they specify. See http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=86383 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "kbalme60" wrote in message news:5E4392EB-1B1C-4604-ACA8-8900DC1F3354@microsoft.com... The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.gmail.co...

how to stop send of msg in outlook 2007
I sent a message from Outlook 2007 but it will not go. I tried deleating it from the outbox but I get an error message that outlook has already started sending the message. I can't open the message or perform any action on it. As a result of this, I can't send any other messages. Thanks for your help "Geek Toddler" <Geek Toddler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E3146257-12B8-44F1-9FDD-0AD5F5174F1A@microsoft.com... > I sent a message from Outlook 2007 but it will not go. I tried deleating > it > from the outbox but I get an err...

hidden formatting symbols
In Word I'm able to see paragraph marks and other hidden formatting symbols. Can this be done in powerpoint 2007? I've searched and haven't found it. Seeing the hidden symbols would help when editing a slide within a text box Thanks -- Dave Yep would be useful but you can't do it AFAIK. "Dave R" <DaveR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8755AD11-7B3B-47E1-A6D4-DA54B8AE87BB@microsoft.com... > In Word I'm able to see paragraph marks and other hidden formatting > symbols. > Can this be done in powerpoint 2007? I'...

Symbols?
Has anyone found the "not greater than" or "not smaller than" symbol? I cannot believe that with abundance of symbols and characters available, these symbols, pretty common at that, are not available. Hi Eric! What keyboard do you have? Mine are the two keys to the right of M. Both are shift operated. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. "Eric Carter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

@ symbol in field
Excel 2007. I need to have some cells with a @ character at the start of them. As soon as I add it and move out of the cells it gives me a "function not valid" error. I have tried turning off all sorts of autocorrect and other options to no avail. How can I get that to stop trying to change it and leave it be? For example I want the cell to say @image Format the cell as text and you will be able to input it. Pleased hit Yes if my comment has helped. "dudemanmax" wrote: > Excel 2007. > > I need to have some cells with a @ character at ...

Error Msg.
Can anyone decipher this error message: DVZMSGR caused an invalid page fault in module MSVCRT.DLL at 0167:78001296. Registers: EAX=00650078 CS=0167 EIP=78001296 EFLGS=00010202 EBX=0075000c SS=016f ESP=0063f728 EBP=0063f748 ECX=0064fc40 DS=016f ESI=0000003f FS=393f EDX=00650448 ES=016f EDI=0000003f GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: 89 4c 11 fc 8b 75 f0 03 d1 8d 4e 01 89 0a 89 4c Stack dump: 00000000 00000040 780013d0 816d0238 00000050 006503c0 0064fc40 00000001 0063f77c 7800145c 0075000c 00000000 ffffffff 780013d0 bff7b9c5 816d0204 ...

Excel doesn't recognize stock symbol and won't update price
Excel doesn't recognize stock symbol and won't update price. Is there a simple work around? You are not telling us very much. Which excel Which method- Be specific Which symbol(s) -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Usainsomthing" <Usainsomthing@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:68B8D8FE-3C1C-496B-97C2-95E396EED6DB@microsoft.com... > Excel doesn't recognize stock symbol and won't update price. Is there a > simple work around? Thanks, Don. I have three NYSE listings that it doesn't r...

Err Msg that is kicked back from Exch2003
From time to time people on our network are running into this: They will email people from a distribution list (of say... 15 internal people) and an Administrator message will come back for a few of the recipients: ------------------------- Your Message did not reach some or all of the intended recipeints. Subject: Sent: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Grams, Dave on 7/22/2004 2:07 PM The e-mail system was unable to deliver the message, but did not report a specific reason. Check the address and try again. If it still fails, contact your system adm...

Email field information for .msg file outside of Outlook
I have implemented a mailbox size limit for all users. Users found out that they could drag their emails to their network drives. These emails are .msg files, and they only display the subject of the email. Users now want to be able to view more information, at least the date that they recieved the emails. When I view the properties of the .msg files I only see the date that the files were moved instead of the date that they were received. Is there any way to get windows to display more information than the subject? If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, then you can en...

Newbie
Hello, I have Outlook 2002 running in Win98 SE. I'm unable to open the .msg attachments that come from AOL users. Windows opens the "Files of Type" dialog, but I don't know what to put in there. I've done my Usenet homework, but haven't been able to find an answer to this question. TIA >-----Original Message----- >Hello, > >I have Outlook 2002 running in Win98 SE. I'm unable to open the .msg >attachments that come from AOL users. Windows opens the "Files of >Type" dialog, but I don't know what to put in there. I'v...

msg.msg files
I recently switched over to Outlook from Outlook Express. Since then, whenever anyone forwards a message it comes as a .msg file. I can not open it. I have to save it without the second '.msg'. After saving it, it will then open. In Outlook Express it would open by just double clicking on it. What can I do to make this easier and simplier? ...

Help for err msg of outlook2000!
My client use outlook2000 on her win98 workstation. When I open her outlook to check E-mail, there is a error message pop-up: this is illigale runnig wont let me open outlook, so I can not check the e-mail. Does anybody can tell me how to fix this problrm, and check e-mail. Thanks! What is the exact error message? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Danny asked: | My client use ...

Error msg
I am trying to work from a db that is on a shared drive. When I open it from my desk, I get a message that says that it contains a missing or broken reference to the file "OWC10.DLL" version 1.1 It doensn't happen at any other computer. Now, my computer is running an older OS than the others. is that the problem? do I need to Download something? Thanks! :) On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 06:07:01 -0700, Angie <Angie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Find this DLL on your computer, and compare it with one on a working computer. Most likely you would have to copy it over from th...

Symbols in Excel #2
I have inserted a symbol in a cell - wingdings 2 and it is the 4 with a circle around it. When I send it to others they do not see the 4 with a circle they see an m in the cell - any ideas? They probably don't have the Wingdings font installed on their computer. "Erika" <Erika@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B06F0251-B442-41F1-AEAF-2CB5491C7986@microsoft.com... >I have inserted a symbol in a cell - wingdings 2 and it is the 4 with a > circle around it. When I send it to others they do not see the 4 with a > circle they see an m in the cell -...

what is .msg
Recently I have received a number of emails with .msg attachments (actually, some are xxxxxxx.msg.msg). A search of the web seems to imply these are safe to open but I found one site that warned of attachments within an msg attachment. Are these safe enough I should open them without fear? Why would you want to open them? Unless you are expecting an attachment from someone, the proper thing to do would be to just delete the message without opening it. In reading your post, I think about the cat who just can't walk away from the sounds coming from within the box. Their curiosity...

"Operation failed " Error Msg when sending mail
Hi all , I am getting "Operation Failed" Error Msg when i send mail to some mail IDs but rest is successfull. I am using Microsoft Outllook 2000 SR-1. Please let me know any workaround ...

Startup err. msg. MSDART.DLL in Outlook 2003
Error Message when starting Outlook 2003: CiceroUIWndFrame: OUTLOOK,EXE - Entry Point Not Found The procedure entry point GetIUMS could not be located in the dynamic link library MSDART.DLL. If I click on the OK button 5 or 6 times, everything seems OK. Any help will be appreciated. MSDART.DLL is part of MDAC, so I suspect that the MDAC installation on the Windows XP doesn't have all the right versions of files. There is a utility called Component Checker that will help determine if MDAC is okay. You can download it from www.microsoft.com/data. This file should be located in the w...

Can see the status-bar msg AND tool-tip for tool-bar button, but only status-bar msg for a menu item.
Hi. When creating a status bar message and a tool-tip for a tool-bar button, you set the following string in the 'Prompt' text box : "This is the status bar for tool-bar\nThis is the tool-tip bar for tool-bar" (Note the use of the '\n' as the seperator). So, I assumed you can do the same for a menu item, right? WRONG! I only seemed to get the status bar message working. Is there a way around this? Is it supported, or is there some 'trick' I must do ? Cheers in advance... Brad. No, it is not supported. To get tooltips (if I get you correctly) when pointi...

How do I create a fraction that is not in the symbols?
I need to create fractions that are not listed under the symbols. Is it possible to do that? You really can't. You could use subscript and superscript with a slash but it's not going to look the same. (To be honest, that's the one place where decimals are easier.) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Jamie M." <Jamie M.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AFD9F1B3-46A6-4285-8A72-0537ECA3771D@microsoft.com... >I need to create fractions that are not listed under the symbols. Is it > possible to do that? Jamie M. <Jamie M.@di...

Msg Box problem
Hi I want to split the message which i have below into 2 lines within the msgbox MsgBox ("help i'm stuck"), vbCritical when the box is displayed i want it to read:- help i'm stuck how can i adapt this? Paul Paul, try this MsgBox "Help" & vbCrLf & "i'm stuck" -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 97 & 2000 ** remove news from my email address to reply by email ** "Paul W...

Outlook msg
I am attempting to send an Email automatically from Access, but an Outlook popup appears and advises that my application is attempting to send an Email on my behalf, it pauses for about 5 seconds and then I have to clik OK. I am running this off a timer that is to send a Email message with an attached report at 4:15 each Wednesday I wanted to run it unattended. How can I keep the Msg box from stopping/questioning my process See if the information on the following page helps: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm#autosec -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to m...

how to fix "Check Catalog Msg 3851" error
I've got two sql server 2005 systems (production & development) nightly, I backup my production databases and do a test restore on my development server as part of the test restore, today I added this statement DBCC CheckDB (testmaster) WITH No_Infomsgs, All_ErrorMsgs testmaster on my development server is the 'master' database on the production server the statement gave me this output Msg 8992, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 Check Catalog Msg 3851, State 1: An invalid row (class=60,depid=1,depsubid=0) was found in the system table sys.syssingleobjrefs (class=60)....

Error Msg
Hi. When I drop the table through query or enterprise manager in sql server 2000 it gives the following error “Server: Msg 7105, Level 22, State 3, Line 1 Page (1:1424), slot 0 for text, ntext, or image node does not exist. Connection Broken” There is no column with the data type text, ntext or image is in table and no foreign key only a composite primary key is on the table. But data in the table can be modified, deleted or modified. Dbcc checkdb also raises error “Server: Msg 8929, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 Object ID 2: Errors found in text ID 2655486279680 owned by da...

Symbol not appear when print
When I print, the symbol theta doesn't appear however is displayed on print preview and the worksheet. Do I need to change a setting somewhere? ...