MRU-List non-default

Hello,

I need a way to teach MFC, that it should

a) only call SetPathName/AddToRecentFileList if the PathName fulfills
certain criteria or
b) calls SetPathName with bAddToMRU=FALSE, so that I can later (in
OnOpenDocument) check whether I have to add it to MRU list or not

Is there an easy way (e.g. overriding certain methods) to do that?

Thanks in advance,
Richard

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

MRU index
Hi How could I retrieve the index of the MRU selected file when clicking on a particular line of the Most Recent Used Files List ? Many thanks ! S It comes as a parameter to your COMMAND_RANGE handler. OnMRU(UINT nID) subtract from ID_FILE_MRU_FILE1 to get the index. -- Vipin Aravind "sergega4@yahoo.fr" <sergega4yahoofr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2BAF5EAD-1807-44A7-99DD-FB5458785BD9@microsoft.com... > Hi > > How could I retrieve the index of the MRU selected file when clicking on a > particular line of the Most Recent Used Files L...

Global Address List #7
I recently upgraded from exchange 5.5 to 2003 Everything seems to be ok except for when I want to decommission my exchange 5.5 server. I have stopped the exchange services on the 5.5 server to see what would happen. When I do this, a few outlook clients cannot see the Global address list I think that they were looking at the GAL on the old Ex55 server because they could not see some of the new users who were added in AD since the migration. Now when I shut Ex 55 down they do not get any address list. They can send & recieve email and view public folders though Any thoughts and thank...

contact list from People & Groups
Would like to create a more detailed contact list for the "members" of the sharepoint. The people are already in a SharePoint Group - but only individuals can edit their info & I would like to add some specific custom columns. Was also hoping to have a a couple of lookup columns - for people's assistants (housed in another list), and worksites etc. Is there a way to do this? 1. site actions>site settings>people and groups 2. click you want edit group name on left menu. 3. settings>list settings>"create column". "tmirelle" w...

parameter list for hooks (RMS)
Can someone please post a list of what the various parameter numbers refer to (in relation to using Com object hooks). Thanks. Search the forum for "hook list". It's been answered a couple of times this week. There is a document available from Customer Source now, which I don't think used to be available as it is clearly labelled "Partner Only Article". CustomerSource, Support, Knowledge Base, Retail Management, Store Operations, Customization, you should fine it. ArticleID is 869720. There is a direct link in the post starting 1) Database Schema. I&...

Query to count between list of number (Predicting Start/End that may occur in data range)
Hi, I have a below list of numbers. 566667 566668 566669 566665 566666 566671 566672 566680 I want a query that would return a count between start and end of range. Like Start End Quantity 566665 566669 5 566671 566672 2 566680 566680 1 Thank you. On 2 apr, 07:17, Angela <ims...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I have a below list of numbers. > > 566667 > 566668 > 566669 > 566665 > 566666 > 566671 > 566672 > 566680 > > I want a query that would return a coun...

Importing list to create Distribution List
Is there a way to import a list of users from a spreadsheet to a distribution list in Exchange 5.5? I know, I know....We are in the process of our migration and will be off 5.5 soon. But for now I need to create a critical list of 600 people. Hello GOTTI, Yes you can but you will need the DN of the users seperated by % To see what I mean create a csv file with those fields as header Obj-Class,Display Name,Members,Directory Name Go to the export in Exchange Admin and choose only the DLs and point it to the csv file You can make the changes to the members field and re-import the file. ...

Smart list downloads, how to use?
I have downloaded some smartlists from Microsoft for the manufacturing tables. They are .xml files. How do I import them into Great Plains? -- Sheri Salomone THANKS! Assuming SLB is installed, go to Tools >> SmartList Builder >> Import. Select the file you want to import. Please read the SmartList Builder Users Guide beginning on Page 40. "Sheri Salomone" <SheriSalomone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FE70A3D5-230C-4375-B00C-CAF313C877AB@microsoft.com... >I have downloaded some smartlists from Microsoft for the manufacturing > tables....

List of Addresses
I have one column that contains Names and addresses. I want the information converted into colums that contain the Name, Address, City Postal code etc. in separate columns. I have don this before but so long ago that I have forgotten the method. Please Help. I'd start with selecting the column and going to Data > Text to columns. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I have one column that contains Names and addresses. I >want the information converted into colums that contain >the >Name, Address, City Postal code etc. in separate >columns. ...

Distribution lists #13
I am trying to create distribution lists and when I choose new members, Outlook shows fax numbers as opposed to email addresses. I find this also to be true if I am composing a single email address and click on contact's name in address book. Any suggestions? The DL dialog box will show all valid electronic addresses, not just fax numbers. If your Contacts do in fact have valid email addresses, they will appear in that dialog. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "KAC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:181301c3dfd2$ca6b6d30$a501280a@phx.gbl... &...

Adding list box
Is is possible to write a macro to create a list box that uses information from a named range? The user would only be able to select one item from the range. -- Thank you, Jodie This will give you an idea: http://www.ehow.com/how_2056378_create-list-box-visual-basic.html "Jodie" <Jodie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16635B79-5F9B-46A9-8571-9FF6CCB7BD53@microsoft.com... > Is is possible to write a macro to create a list box that uses information > from a named range? The user would only be able to select one item from > the &g...

different address list when delegating
When delegating the address list shown is a subset of the Global Address List even though the rest of Outlook has the Global address list and I am not on this subset of the GAL. ...

Summary List??
I have a list of codes, eg: KMDE1 DFER0 DCMF1 DFER0 FRRT4 KMDE1 TGRY3 KMDE1 Is there a quick way I can produce a summary list of these codes, showing all the codes that appear ie. no duplicates. So for this example, it would be KMDE1 DFER0 DCMF1 FRRT4 TGRY4 You can use an Advance Filter to filter for unique values. There are instructions in Excel's Help, and here: http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html Tray wrote: > I have a list of codes, eg: > KMDE1 > DFER0 > DCMF1 > DFER0 > FRRT4 > KMDE1 > TGRY3 > KMDE1 > > Is there a quick way I can pr...

Add a number based on list of criteria ??
Example: Cell A = 50, Cell B = 96%, Cell C = Cell A + (Cell A x Cell B) = 98 I want to be able to compare the list of criteria and add a number to Cell C accordingly For example: If Cell B is between 95 and 100%, Add 1 to the total in Cell C If between 85 and 94%, add 2... etc. There are more than 7 so I know I can't simply nest If statements... Any advice on how I could fairly simply accomplish this? TIA! One way: Put your % bands in a table (say in J1:Kx, e.g.: J K 1 0 11 2 5% 10 3 15% 9 .... 10 85% 2 11 ...

Intercept MRU message ?
Hi Two questions for you to help an maiden menu guy I d like to know how to intercept the action of clicking on one of the MRU (naturally allready AppWizard created) files displayed in the File Menu. The only message "ID_FILE_MRU_FILE1" proposed in the ClassWizard is only binded with the first item occuring in the displayed list, how proceed with the followers ? And, this fixed, how to retrieve the name from the register somtething like AfxGetApp()->GetProfileString( with the name of the key, ... Many thanks men ! S I am assuming that you are doing your own MRU handeli...

Mail Messages Stuck in Contacts List
Hey All, My Contacts list showing 1 New. I can figure out how to view the item for the life of me. I had a user years ago who had mail stuck in his calendar folder and there was a way I could configure a view where I could see the messages. Any ideas? Thanks! Apply a filter to your view to show only Unread Items or scroll down until you find the bolder item, select it and press CTRL+ENTER. This is done easiest in the Phone List view. For a Calendar, the All Appointments view is recommended to find the new item. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configurin...

Issue a non-inventory item
Dear All, I am facing a case with a client; they are purchasing some non-invnetory items and they need to transfer them from the main warehouse to different stores. is there any work around to do that? thank u in advance ...

How can I choose non consecutive column/row data to display a cha.
Could someone tell me how I could choose data in say, column A & Column C to be displayed on the same chart ? I am dealing with the same header (months) but different data fields in columns B to Z. I would like to display charts by selecting column A & then each of the subsequent columns individually, rather that pasting the data of A after each column. Select the A cells Hold down CRTL key Select the C cells Click Chart Wizard best wishes Bernard "bijijanan" <bijijanan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F82019C3-3677-4794-AF2A-3D0F5384189A@micros...

Hiding Contacts in GAL while visible in other Address Lists
I am in the process of collapsing multiple Exchange Orgs into one. One of the Exchange Orgs has numerous third-party contacts in their GAL. I would like to have these contacts reside and be visible in a specific address list but not the GAL of the final Exchange Org (the other Exchange Orgs do not want to see all these contact that mean nothing to them). I have tried by removing the global address list from the showInAddressBook attribute of these contacts (while leaving other address lists). This works for awhile until the RUS restamps the GAL back in. I have also tried by simply setting...

Resizing a list
I have a page setup to print out landscape style. on the left side is list that goes from the top of the page to the bottom. I want to b able to resize that chart so that i can fit 4 of the same list but in smaller way on the right side. Basically i want 5 of the same list. one at 100% on the left side the 4 on the right side at 25% each, so that i can cut them out. is there a way to do this? They all have to be on the same sheet. TIA -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Select the cells in the list Choose Edit>Copy Select a cell outside the list Hold the Shift key on the ...

userS list
How is possible to get the list of all users defined on a PC (win XP) ? Thanks -- Alberto if you want to contact me remove NOSPAM. from email address Take a look at the NetUserEnum() & NetUserGetInfo() API's. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [ VC++ MVP ] ----------------------------------- "Alberto" <a.forlai@nospam.virgilio.it> wrote in message news:eQoyEHgUDHA.1832@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > How is possible to get the list of all users defined on a PC (win XP) ? > > Thanks > > -- > Alberto > > if you want to contact me remove NOSPAM. from ema...

Unread messages in inbox list no longer bold
We use Exchange Server with Outlook clients. Usually, any unread messages in the inbox appear in the message list in bold. One person's inbox has stopped doing this. The only change is this person's new Blackberry which is set up to check Exchange Server via POP3 for messages, leaving them on the server. Does a message retrieval from Exchange via POP3 remove some attribute inside Exchange so that it will no longer appear in bold within Outlook? Thanks. ...

Users and Distribution lists
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_003D_01C3DB73.8933A110 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable When adding distribution lists and users in Exchange server 2003, I used = to be able to to have the X.400 address generated automatically. Also, = the name would automatically appear in the Global Address book. = Unfortunately, today, I went to create a distribution list and it failed = to generate the X.400 address, and the list's name does not show up in = the Global Address list. DOes anyone h...

What are the Color CMYK for the Default Design Chart Colors
I am using the default design colors for Excel 2007 and would like to know how I can find out the name of the colors used and their CMYK numbers so I can match that color to other things I'm using. I am using Style 15 (it looks baby blueish). Hi, You can see the RBG color numbers or the HSL color model by selecting the color and choosing More Color under the color area you are working with and then Custom. You can see the name for the colors being used by the current Theme by choosing Page Layout, Colors from the Themes group, Create new theme color, open the drop down beside...

Lists #4
Is it possible to create a list in a cell that would allow other entries, as well as those in the list. You can use Data Validation with a list, but set the Error Alert to be a warning or information message. "Boenerge" wrote: > Is it possible to create a list in a cell that would allow other entries, as > well as those in the list. ...

MRU / updating menus
I give up. I want to allow the user to change the number of files listed in MRU. Here's my code... BOOL CMyApp::ChangeMRUCount(UINT nCount) { // Delete current CRecentFileList delete m_pRecentFileList; m_pRecentFileList = NULL; //this will create a new CRecentFileList LoadStdProfileSettings( nCount ); return TRUE; } This works fine if I close the app & re-open it. But, if the user changes the mru number without closing the app, the mru list is still showing the previous number of files when the File menu is selected. How do I "refresh" my menu dynamically? Oh, ...