Moving within the dialogue causes assertion failure!!!

Can anybody tell me the steps how should i modify the
Dialogues in the working project?The moment i just change
the places of the controls in the same dialogue i get
assertion
failure(i do not touch any code).
or Is there any sample project in msdn?

Thanks

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Its too vague to figure out whats going on. You should debug it and see what
the offending assert says.  Step in the code from the point where the assert
is fired.

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

"sameer" <sameermanagoli@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Can anybody tell me the steps how should i modify the
> Dialogues in the working project?The moment i just change
> the places of the controls in the same dialogue i get
> assertion
> failure(i do not touch any code).
> or Is there any sample project in msdn?
>
> Thanks

0
ajaykalra (6841)
7/24/2003 7:17:21 PM
What is the callback from the assertion? Note that changing places of controls has no
effect, but deleting a control and re-creating it could cause it to have a different ID.
In this case, you will get assertion failures in the DoDataExchange as it tries to do a
DDX_Control or other DDX_-related call. In that case, you need to manually fix things up.
				joe

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 12:01:10 -0700, "sameer" <sameermanagoli@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Can anybody tell me the steps how should i modify the
>Dialogues in the working project?The moment i just change
>the places of the controls in the same dialogue i get
>assertion
>failure(i do not touch any code).
>or Is there any sample project in msdn?
>
>Thanks

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15974)

Moving license to a new computer

Safe to Move?

Event sink causing access violation
I have created an event sink in my ATL COM project. The event sink receives events from a C# component. There is no problem with receving events but when my COM object is released I get an access violation - (MSCORWKS.DLL): 0xC0000005: Access Violation. Here's my event sink class: namespace { static const int EVENT_ID = 111;//any arbitary value static const int DISPID_UPDATE_PROGRESS = 1;//disp id of UpdateProgress... _ATL_FUNC_INFO OnUpdateProgressInfo = { CC_STDCALL, //calling conv... VT_EMPTY,//return value... 1 ,//number of arguments... ...

Moving Exchange 2000

mail moved from netscape to outlook?

Mail Delivery failure #2
I have one specific user that constantly receives email replies for undeliverable emails to an unknown address in which he never sent. Can someone explain why and how to fix it? Karen <karen@reuelnc.com> wrote: > I have one specific user that constantly receives email replies for > undeliverable emails to an unknown address in which he never sent. Can > someone explain why and how to fix it? There's nothing that can be done. Somewhere on the Internet, someone who has your user's address in his or her address book has been infected with malware. This infect...

Move mailbox rights in Exchange 5.5 #2

Moving Pages between two publications

Moving Folder error

Moving between worksheets

Moving Cache
I have started a new computer with Vista Ultimate. I have outlook 2003 up and running and have copied my PST file from my old Windows XP Pro computer. I did have a lot of cached addresses which were not in my contacts. I copied the .NK2 files from the XP to the Vista computer, replacing the currect *.NK2 files in the roaming folder. The address do not appear when I try to address a new email. Am I missing something? Regards. Bob Is your profile name the same on the Vista Machine? Where did you put = the file? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to ...

MRP V10 Move In and Move Out
Service Pack 1, has anyone seen any issues with the Move in and Move out not working for 'make' items when MRP regenerates? I seem to be able to create a situation, where if I change the MO Due date or change the Sales Order In House Date, (change one OR the other so they dont align with each other) MRP will suggest a new MO instead of moving the existing. MRP is suggesting MO's with no demand. For example: MO Due Date 07/1/2008 Sales Order In House Date 07/03/2008 If I change the Sales Order In House date to 06/27/2008 (and leave the MO alone) MRP will suggest a ne...

New Window Causes Hidden Gridlines to Reappear
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have built a excel workbook tool that does a mathematical analysis of a users data that they enter into one of the tabs. Once the data is entered the other tabs in the workbook show the users tables and charts of what their data looks like. In order to display these tables and charts the best, the tool has all Headings and Gridlines turned off and then all the tabs are protected to prevent inadvertent changes to these result tabs. One of the features of this tool is that you can display both the input tab at the sa...

Starting Outlook in the morning causes it to hang and then on restart I have to rebuild my PST file
Hi, I am usuing Outlook 2003 with all the latest patches etc. recently though I have noticed that in the morning when I come into the Office, Outlook appears to start OK, starts downloading messages and then hangs. When I restart Outlook my PST file has to re-build and this takes about 40 minutes. Strangely when I shut down my laptop at the Office and go home, restart my machine and start Outlook, it starts up OK. I can't figure out what the problem is... I have a number of PST files that I use though all ranging from 200K to 7 MB in size.... Any ideas what the problem may be .....

Moving .pst to new machine
Need to move my data to a new machine temporarily. I copied my .pst file and opened it on the new machine. I have my email, and my primary calendar but I am wondering where my additional calendars are located. What is the best way to copy over those calendars, are they not part of the .pst? Also, what about Rules? Do they not get copied with the .pst? Lastly, how can I copy my BCM data to the new computer? Thanks for all your help. Interesting thing happened, just added a new appt to my calendar on the new machine, and suddenly my other calendars appeared. Very strang...

Mousekeys causes video display issues
I have used mousekeys on XP Professional for many years on many different PCs in different work situations. The problem is that after about 4 hours of intensive usage, my video display starts to mess up. Windows are not where they appear to be, among other things. The PC quickly becomes unusable. The only way to get it back to normal is to log off then log back on to Windows. I have tried adjusting video settings, as well as changing computer performance options in the System Properties Advanced tab, but this has not effect. The reason I use mousekeys is because it helps ...

How to move a file?
When saving a document into a file I'd like to move the old version into a backup directory (and rename it using the date and time). Using CFile, as I am, I could copy it of course. But does the OS have a way to move a file without copying? Pat Crowe wrote: > When saving a document into a file I'd > like to move the old version into a backup directory > (and rename it using the date and time). > Using CFile, as I am, I could copy it of course. > > But does the OS have a way to move a file > without copying? You could try: BOOL MoveFileEx(LPCTSTR lpExistin...

moving from an older version to 2003
Hi, My old computer used Outlook 2000. The new one has 2003. How do I move the data from one PC to the other? Is it as simple as copying the *.pst file and opening it on the new PC? When I tried that it looked wrong because there were two sets of folders with the same names. Any help is appreciated. Phil That is the way I did it and it worked just fine. I then created a new 2003 format .pst and copied everything to it within Outlook 2003. Then I switched the folder under the Account settings to make the new .pst the folder to be used by 2003 and that worked fine also. "Phil&qu...