Move View Window into Tab Control

Hi,

I am trying to move the view from a frame window and place it into a
tab control. I have managed this to some extent by overriding the
frame window and writing my own OnCreateClient. Is this safe? What
other things should I consider? It looks like I also need to correctly
call SetActiveView with a pointer to the view. Anything else?

regards,

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

One of this will work for you or get you started:

http://www.codeproject.com/tabctrl/AMCustomTabCtrlDemo.asp

Tom

"T" <sw.tejasvi.sn@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to move the view from a frame window and place it into a
> tab control. I have managed this to some extent by overriding the
> frame window and writing my own OnCreateClient. Is this safe? What
> other things should I consider? It looks like I also need to correctly
> call SetActiveView with a pointer to the view. Anything else?
>
> regards,

tom.nospam (3240)

Moving license to a new computer

Safe to Move?

Linking dats on a worksheet to control panel
I am in the process of creating a gantt chart in Excel 2007 for various projects my company performing. I have created formulas so that the current date used to calculate the number of days remaining and the number of days past. I was wondering if there was anyway to link the current date to the control panel so it automatically updates everyday? This way I do not have to manually do it. Thanks to everyone that helps ...

restrict a view to a sales territory
Hi, I need to do some custom views for a teams consisting of a couple of people. Is sharing the view with the team the only possibility here or can a view be shared with a sales territory? Thanks, Tuomas Tuomas, Team. (But, as a team can equal a sales territory, that's not really a limitation, right?) HTH, Dave ------------------------------------------------- David L. Carr, President Visionary Software Consulting, Inc. Main #: 971-327-6944 To download a fully functional trial version of VAST, the Visionary Audit System Tools for Microsoft CRM, visit http://www.vscrm.com/trial.h...

Design
Hello all, 1) Concerning object hierarchy, I have 2 view classes that share certain behavior (such as hit testing) - does it make sense to create a CBaseView abstract class in order to derive them both from it? I also realized I'll have to do the same for the 2 corresponding CDocs - derive them from a base abstract CBaseDoc. (because the shared behavior implemented in CBaseView will have to operate on Doc members found in both types of Docs). 2) Hit Testing (Doc is made up of fields of data, visually rectangles) - I thought to use CRgn. Does a CRgn have to be attached to a Handle ...

Windows 7, CRM Outlook client and wildcard certificates
Hi, We are hosting CRM 4.0 for several of our customer organizations. The CRM server is installed to IFD mode. We have installed several Windows 7 laptops with CRM Outlook clients in them. They have worked fine till last Wednesday when all CRM Outlook clients on these Windows 7 machines stopped from authenticating successfully to CRM. When trying to use the CRM with IE, there is first an SSL certificate warning shown which says: "The security certificate presented by this website was issues for a different website's address." I can continue by clicking a link in browser which ta...

mail moved from netscape to outlook?

Anyone tried customizing activity views by editing the SavedQueryBase records?
Would editing the SavedQueryBase records directly allow me to add otherwise unavailable columns to the various activities views? I am trying to show the phone number (location) but this column is not available using the workarounds posted for editing the activity views using the CRM GUI. Anyone tried this yet? I am not looking for an officially supported solution - just a functional workaround. ...

Moving Exchange 2000

Control Tool Box
Hi, I want to learn how to use the elements (e.g. command button, option button, combo box etc.) in the control tool box. Can someone point me to some articles/tutorial? Don't seem to have much luck with help? What is the control tool box for anyway? Thanks. Epinn It is a collection of worksheet controls that are event driven. If you select one and then draw it on a worksheet, double-click the object and you will be taken to a template event procedure for that control. -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace somewhere in email address with gmail if mailing direct) "Epinn" <...

Moving Pages between two publications

Move mailbox rights in Exchange 5.5 #2

getting around a popup window during a macro
I am running a macro to open a file, copy it, paste it to a differnt workbook, and then close the orginal. When i go to close it there is a popup that tell me "There is large amount of info on the clipboad. Do you want to be able to paste this information into another program later?" I don't need the clipboad information anymore. What do i need to add to macro to keep this from poping up? Here is what I have in the macro to close it. ActiveWorkbook.Close Hi Dennis After your paste line add this Application.CutCopyMode = False -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.ronde...

Smartlist Builder View Security
I have a poweruser who builds Smartlist reports but she does not have access to SQL. When she creates a new report using an existing View, the user always gets a blank Smartlist report (exploring...completed... no records). We followed the advice to mark all tables and views in SmartList builder security but that never seems to do the trick. I am running grant.sql on all our companies now. Does she have to come to me to run the script every time she has a new report? Why doesn't the Smartlist Security option add DYNGRP to the view security? thanks Because Smartlis...

tab on forms
Hi there I ran out of room on the form. Is there a way to easily add a tab for another page on a form? Or is there a way to make a form larger? -- Thank-you! Ruth Ruth wrote: > Hi there > > I ran out of room on the form. > > Is there a way to easily add a tab for another page on a form? Or is > there a way to make a form larger? On the same toolbox bar where you can add TextBoxes, ListBoxes, etc., is a TabControl. You will need to add the TabControl and then Cut and Paste the desired controls to each TabPage. NEW controls can be dragged and dropped onto TabPages...

Thread Safety in Views
I have a potentially memory intensive application. I need a few string buffers to hold large strings when updating the screen in OnDraw. Speed is critical and so I'd like to allocate the string buffers and keep them in memory for the life of the view rather than allocate them each time OnDraw is called. This is working fine now; however, I'm concerned about the amount of memory used if the user opens up many views. I think I would like to make my string buffers static to my view class. That way, there would only be one instance of these buffers regardless of the number of views open...

Changing MS defaults for CPropertySheet Tab Tooltip
Dear MFC community: I am a developer working on an MFC application using property sheets. I have added tooltip functionality for the property sheets by deriving both CPropertySheet and CPropertyPage. The application I am working on needs customization with multilined tooltips and at least 200 characters supported. I have successfully implemented this strategy for the tooltips on the controls themselves inside each property page. However, I am not able to change the MS defaults of one line and 80 characters limit for the tab headers of the property sheet. Please find below the code that cr...

View Old Worksheets
We have a customer that would like to look at an old worksheet in HQ. But the worksheet status viewer only shows the last 140 items. is there anyway to access historical worksheets? Version is 1.3. Thanks and regards, Matt huh ??? how does it possible? only 140 items??? r u viewing it thru ??? View-->worksheet Status if yes...check with the flags maybe you only have selected blue flag (Approved for processing) ; most of the old worksheet are in Green (Completed successfully) or Red (with Warnings) or others.. but if you chose to view it thru Admin-->Worksheets and it shows only...

Saving Window for PDF file
A end-user was working in Great Plains 7.5 and some how or another he was trying to save what he was working on to a .pdf file. I ran virus scan and it came up clean. Also ran spyware it corrected it's problems. But either when the end-user logins or an administrator logs onto the network. This Saving window for .pdf file keeps coming up. You can click on "Cancel" option and it keeps coming back. Can anyone help me? I'm not sure though this it related to Great Plains or not. ...