Mouse up event in a button

Hi,
Can you help me with this onw,
I need an active-x control button that fire event in mouse down click on the
button and in the mouse up click,
The default button control send only click event in the mouse down pressing
on it but ther is no way to know when the user release the mouse click,
There is a new active x control that do that??
Can i build a new button control like a class the that derived from CButton
and implement the mouse up event? how can you send me an example code???

Thanks!

0
ben_gigi (5)
8/25/2005 10:05:18 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

How regain ability to scroll down pages with my mouse ball?
I often lose the ability to scroll down Word pages with my mouse ball? I use a Mac Mighty Mouse while working in a Fusion-created Windows environment on my Mac. Thanks, Karl ...

Optimize event selection
Hi, I am trying to select the best event for a particular day. There are 3 types of possible events, and there can be multiple instances of the same possible event. I need to figure out which is the longest contiguous event for each event type, and then which is the longest contiguous event out of all the event types. Here is a sample from my spreadsheet where 1st col is time, next 3 cols are the event types, called ones, twos & threes. What I would like is a table showing the longest contiguous span of time for each event type, and which is the longest of all the spans for the day. Time...

Wandering Mouse
I know that this is not strictly an Office query but does anyone know how to stop my mouse wandering. In all applications and even on the desktop screen my mouse moves in a diagonal direction of its own accord and I cannot control its movement. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated. If this is on a Dell laptop, it is a fairly common problem for the cursor to "wander" from time to time. It generalyy stops aftr several seconds, but is annoying all the same. If this is not the case, have you tried another mouse? -- Ian -- "Allan" <Allan@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Creating an event by force.
Hello, I want to create an event by force. How can I do that ? (for example : ToolStrip.ItemClicked event) Thanks :) To the dark side this path leads. Explain your request you should. Yoda On 6/10/2010 6:06 PM, Mr. X. wrote: > Hello, > I want to create an event by force. > How can I do that ? > > (for example : ToolStrip.ItemClicked event) > > Thanks :) Do you mean SomeToolstrip.Items (0).PerformClick()? -- Mike Thanks, specific, this help. I need more generic solution (I would like to do any event, not only the PerformClick event). ...

OMA on Exchange 2003
Hi All, I am experiencing a problem logging onto OMA after installing Windows 2003 Standard Server and Exchange 2003. Looking at the newsgroups using google group search it seems to be a problem that a few people are experiencing. Basically, when I try and log onto http://server/oma or the external OMA link, it asks me to authenticate, which it seems to do successfully, but then gives me the following error: http://server/oma/(ff2y2rbbgcnka445xlygciza)/oma.aspx: "A System error has occurred while processing your request. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact your ad...

mouse over effect
I used to be able to use the mouse over effect to change the displayed picture on the website. I have forgotten how to do it. HELP Select the image in the page and use Format Behaviors - select the image swap from the task bar -- _____________________________________________ SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ] "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-; _____________________________________________ "Bas" <Bas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:853A1E23-E935-4D61-9D5C-104CEBD10C03@microsoft.com... ...

tooltip without a mouse over it?
Hi, I have tooltips working in my statusbar. Currently they work when I place the mouse over them (like they're supposed to). I'm wondering if its possible to trigger them to appear briefly when the mouse isn't over them. This'll be useful to me because it can indicate that a state has changed in the program without being too intrusive. Any ideas on how i can do this? Brett. Hi, I think it can be possible. See in windows all the controls are derived from the class CWnd. So the user defined controls also derived from that class only. Now the current situation is if we mo...

Event ID 23009 Can't migrate user from Exchange 5.5 to 2003
I am getting the following error: Source: MSExchangeMig Error Event ID 23009 Error processing attribute 'mail' for user LDAP://SLG_PDC/cn=Support,cn=Recipients,ou=siboneylg,o=Sibo neyLG Error code=0x800004005. The user will be skipped. I am trying to migrate users from an NT 4 server with Exchange 5.5 to a Win 2003 server, with Exchange 2003. I have followed all the steps on the CD in Exchange Deployment Tools and Deployment the first 2003 Exchange server and then the post install steps. I did not receive any errors until I tried to migrage a user. Any ideals? ...

Events in DLLs
I'm trying to create a DLL used for a global mouse hook. I create a hook then a create a named event ("Click") on the DLL side. The exe side has an OpenEvent() calling the event "Click". The event is automatic and set to false. When the mouse is clicked anywhere it should set the event on the DLL side. The exe sits at WaitForSingleObject() until the event is sent. then resets the event and does some processing (just a printf() right now). This works, however if you click on different windows it acts as though the event is not set and will wait until it is. Example: I c...

All Day Events in a Calendar?
I have found after many searches that the screen resolution supposedly has to do with how many all day events one can view. I have found this to be incorrect. I have 2 PCs on the same version of Outlook, with the same resolution, and one PC can view 14 items, and the other can only view 10. Has anyone found a solution for this?? Is there a setting that I am missing? We use it as an Agency Calendar to tell who's in and out, and as we get bigger, we will have more than 10 people out on any given day. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Jill something is not identical bec...

display set of records in a form with previous and next button
In a worksheet around 500 records are there -Employee number,employee name, Joining date I need to display 5 records on the form depending on the date criteria. Let's say Joining date from 1st jan 05 to 30th Jan 05. There are 25 records satisfying this criteria and need to dispaly in 5 records at a time on the form. Once I click on the next button it should show next 5records satisfying this criteria, Same sa if i click on the previous button it should display the previous 5 records which satisfying this criteria. I have created 20 textboxes on the form like Sr EMP# ...

Regarding button
An email was tracked to a wrong incident #, which now shows wrongly in the incident history. Two questions here : 1) how to delete this entry in history which does not belong that that incident 2) The email that was wrongly chosen and tracked to the incident is kind of tied to the ticket and cannot be associated to the correct incident (i.e. The regading button cannot be changed to the new ticket). Any help will be appreciated. Thanks Tony ...

SetCustomer internal command error for Custom POS Button
For the Custom POS button, I have one of the buttons to set my customer. I use the Internal Command for the style and my command is "SetCustomer". However, when I try it in my POS screen, I get this error message: "BridgeReceiptor::OnFireEvent An Error occured in the event 'SetCustomer'. Error 5: Invalid procedure call or argument" How can I fix this? Thanks for your help. Ari, If you wanted to select a customer and use the custom POS buttons, th command should be SelectCustomer and not SetCustomer : I want to put the customer's info in my work order....

html fragment for mouse in and mouse out
I would like to have my text display differently when the mouse hovers over it. Can anyone tell me how I ca do this in Publisher 2003? Please refer to the webdesign group and please use only the group appropriate to your topic. -- David Bartosik - MS MVP for Publisher help: www.davidbartosik.com enter to win Pub 2003: www.davidbartosik.com/giveaway.aspx "Robin" <robinmcd@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:C846C8ED-09CD-41A6-91C8-D9D5C9EE2CEE@microsoft.com... > I would like to have my text display differently when the mouse hovers over it. Can anyone tell me how I ca...

mouse won't move cursor
When I type a new message, reply or forward a message, my cursor can't be moved around the body of the message by the mouse, only by the arrow keys!! ...

FindRecord Control Button
i built a find record control button so a user can type in the form number and go there but it only searches the field that the cursor is in and the form # is not on the tab order(purposely). How can i specify where the find record function searches? thanks Ryan, usually people use an unbound combo box or an unbound text box for searching. There is a sample download with code of a search form at http://www.allenbrowne.com/ser-62.html If you need help to get it working, post back. You can also use the wizard to put a combo for searching on your form. On the form in design view, click the...

mouse is user-defined, when mouse move to another dialog, mouse disappeared
We are doing a program running in a game. The game's mouse is user-defined, my program's dialog pop-up in game by Hook. my dialog can show in game normally, and can capture keyboard event. but mouse disappeared when mouse move from game to my dialog, and mouse will show normally when mouse leave my dialog. mouse event respond. although mouse disappeared I can drag my dialog using mouse. I think mouse need re-draw when move to my dialog, but I do know how to do. Please give advice, thank in advance. ...

how do I set icon size with a one button mouse?
Hi All, I had to remote into a Vista machine (WS08R2) from an Apple that only had one button mouse (AAAAHHHH!!). I had to move to a Vista machine to remote in and change the icon size as I could not get that stinkin' apple to right click with any combination of keys and mouse clicks. Now that it no longer matters, is there some other way to change you icon size when you only have one button on your mouse? Something in Control Panel maybe? Many thanks, -T On Wed, 07 Apr 2010 14:19:12 -0700, ToddAndMargo wrote: > Hi All, > > I had to remote into a Vis...

How do I use the scroll button on the mouse to scroll through one.
How do I program my 'form' to permit the user to scroll through the information in a memo field using the scroll button on the mouse. Today, when the user attempts to scroll through the memo field on an individual record, the user ends up scrolling through all of the records in the database. Thank you! ...

Closing a dynamically created form from click event
Hello, I have the following code: Form myForm = new Form(); myForm.Width = 700; myForm.Height = 500; .....and then a button: Button closeButton = new Button(); closeButton.Parent = myForm; close Button.Text = "Close"; closeButton.Click += new EventHandler(copyButton_Click); closeButton.AutoSize = true; myForm.ShowDialog(); In my copyButton_Click delegate, I want to close this form. However I don't know how to access the myForm object as it is outside of the scope: private v...

event sink for CHtmlEditCtrl object
Hi guys I have to provide HTML edit/preview functionality in my application. I have tried using both the DHTML edit control for IE5 activeX control and CHtmlEditCtrl object. Initially when I added DHTML Edit activeX control to my probject in MFC resource editor, I was able to properly process the events raised by the control by declaring DECLARE_EVENTSINK_MAP and implementing BEGIN_EVENTSINK_MAP( ...)/ END_EVENTSINK_MAP() in the parent dialog class. (also event pre-processing using ON_EVENT_REFLECT(...)) Now I want to utilize CHTMLEditCtrl and dynamically paste the html window on my dialog...

To show a message box if the mouse is over a particular cell??
Is there a particular way to display a message box,(or run any other sub) if the user puts the mouse over it lets say for cell A1. Like it display comments for cells that have comments in them. Since, there is a property of in excel to response to mousehover, I expect that this can be done. I don't think you'll find a solution in excel for that mouse over a cell problem. But if you could rely on change of selection, you could tap into the worksheet_selectionchange event. That'll fire if you use the mouse, arrow keys, page up/down, ... Subodh wrote: > > Is ...

To ignore scrolling CListCtrl using mouse.
I want to ignore mouse control on a scroll bar of CListCtrl. I ignored WM_VSCROLL, WM_MOUSEMOVE, and WM_MOUSEWHEEL messages on PreTranslateMessage of CListCtrl derived class. But it still works. How to ignore scrolling? I don't want to remove the scroll bar. ...

Help! Mouse Wheel Scroll Messes up View
I have a class derived from CScrollView. I am using MemDC to get rid of the flickering behaviors when scrolling. Now the scrollbars scroll fine, but I noticed that the view got completely messed up (lines get squeezed together) when I was using the middle wheel mouse button to scroll. Any idea that what might be causing the problem? One other problem was that even though the scrollbars are scrolling fine, they are scrolling a bigger range than they should be. In otherwords, when the vertical scrollbar is scrolling all the way down, I might end up getting an almost empty page. I must have ...

event 8250 win32 api call 'dsGetNamew" returned error code 0x862
I am getting the above event on my logs when starting up my exc2003 server on server 2003. The rest of the message states that the specified component cannon be found in the configureation information. When I click for more information, it says that this error can occur occasionaly and can be safely ignored however, I am getting it constantly and I beleive this is related to anothre problem I am having where my inetinfo.exe flakes out and uses up all the processor time, thereby bringing the server to an absolute halt. Any insite would be appreciated. Harry Poorman hpoorman@psu.edu ...