Modeless property sheet. #2

I have a modeless property sheet. Since it is modeless, I know that I need
to have OK and Cancel buttons on the pages...

When the operator clicks the close X box at the top right. (Or selects
"Close" from the sheet's system menu.) How do I act upon that?

0
TonyG2127 (95)
2/25/2007 4:46:24 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

exmerge error #2
after install sp1 for exchange 2003 on small business server 2003 , i cant use exmerge utility , and the error log ( error creating message services (mspst ms) cmapisession::creat emspstprofile) i try all thing without any respond , can any one help me, thanks ...

Modeless Menu
I'm trying to create a flyout menu similar to Photoshop (not the same as a normal toolbar drop-down) in that I want to be able to capture the mouse-up event on the toolbar while the menu is active. Is there a way to make the Menu Modeless or to capture the message and pass it back to the Toolbar? Is this the sort of thing you're looking for? I think Photoshop does it's settings menu sort of like this one: http://www.codeproject.com/dialog/csettingsdlg.asp If you are just looking for a property sheet type menu perhaps this would work: http://www.naughter.com/treeoption...

Outlook closing #2
Hello All When I open Outlook 2002 it closes immediately. I have tried updating drivers etc.., nothing helps. I run Windows XP Home. Geek <geek@geek.com> Thu, 18 Nov 2004 11:04:39 -0400 === Posted with Qusnetsoft NewsReader 2.2.0.8 Geek <geek@geek.com> wrote: > When I open Outlook 2002 it closes immediately. I have tried updating > drivers etc.., nothing helps. I run Windows XP Home. Try renaming or deleting the outcmd.dat file located in the (hidden) folder %AppData%\Microsoft\Outlook -- Brian Tillman ...

Anyone succeeded in registering CRM 1.2 ?
Hi all, Today I tried to get my keys for CRM 1.2 (I'm a MS Certified Partner) and I couldn't figure what information it needed. I got the latest 1.2 CRM cd's with the latest MSDN package, and a sheet of paper with a web site to goto after February 9th. So this morning I tried to do as instructed, and couldn't figure out what options to pick and what information to put in. Any other MS Certified Partners out there have success with this ? Thanks Nick Nick, I have just registered our copy that we got through MSDN. I selected the bottom option on the first page, and then ...

ScrollBar property
Hello, I have a scroll bar to control the x axis of a chart. Can I set the MAX value in the Scrollbar Property form to be linked to cell in the spreadsheet rather than a fixed amount . I if so how do I do it. I tried just entering the cell reference but it rejects it as an invalid property. Thank you in advance. One way that might work is if you put the Max formula into a spare cell and then reference your Scrollbar property to that cell. Rgds, ScottO "Ben" <isy.taman@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:dk3qjc$d25$1@nwrdmz03.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com... | Hello, | I...

ShellExecute to display windows property dialog
Hi EveryBody, This group has helped earlier to solve my problems and I hope I may get some help this time as well. I want to dispaly the windows property dialog for files through my application developed using VC6.0. I am using the function ShellExecuteEx with the "properties" verb to display the dialog. However, I am facing a problem while displaying the dialog for .tiff files on Win98/WinME systems. I tried putting the thing in a separate thread as I read somewhere that ot may help, but no success. I tired using the function ShellExecute, but it does not display the dialog. Can a...

2 spaces as a typo in PowerPoint 2007
Is there any to have 2 spaces be a typo in PowerPoint 2007 like it is in Word? Yup, under Office button choose PowerPoint Options from the bottom right corner. From the new menu choose Proofing. Under AutoCorrect Options... you have the opportunity to add various typos you wish PowerPoint to correct. Kristiina AndyA wrote: >Is there any to have 2 spaces be a typo in PowerPoint 2007 like it is in Word? -- I help with Excel and PowerPoint Office ToDo http://www.officetodo.com Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/powerpoint/201005/1 ...

I have to compare two sheets for changes
Hi I have to try and compare 2 sheets and highlight the cahnges, what is the best way of doing this in VBA, I was going to try and do it cell by cell but I was wondering if there was a quicker way?. Any help would be much appreciated. Regards Charles Maybe you can make use of conditional formatting, e.g. if you want to compare newsheet to oldsheet which is an earlier version of newsheet, then apply CF on newsheet! Select A1 then select used range on newsheet and create CF with formula =A1<>oldsheet!A1 Choose a pattern and press OK! -- Regards! Stefi „vqthomf” ...

AOL and Outlook #2
I have configured Outlook to pickup and send mail via the AOL server (imap.aol.com). It generally works nicely however there have been some serious glitches. The AOL mail exists in a parallel folder system to the Outlook "Personal Folders". Many of the built in functions - searches, junk mail filters, etc. - do not work with AOL. There is a separate root folder containing its own "Sent Items" and "Inbox". This setup appears to have happened automatically. There is some conversation between the Personal Folders root folder and the imap.aol.com r...

Money2002 #2
I have been using Money2002 quite uneventfully for several years. When I tried to sign-in today it wold not accept my password. It keeps prompting for my sign-in name and password neither of which has been changed since the beginning. I have tried clicking the "Forgot you password" option but that does nothing. The sign-in screen is the "Microsoft Passport Sign-in" screen. I did try recently to enroll to try-out the new Microsoft Beta Office but found the process with Password too confusing and gave up in the process. Could I have in some way unintentionally fouled ...

TREO 700W #2
Hi, I really need some help, i have a number of users that can not sync their calendar to their treo 700w. looking on the server I have two error messages one is HTTP status code: [409]. Verify that the Exchange mailbox Server is working correctly HTTP status code: [503]. Verify that the Exchange mailbox Server is working correctly I am running exchange 2003 sp2 windows 2003. I have not made any changes so i don't know why and what has changed. Patti You may want to check your server and make sure you are not having any problems with your protocol virtual servers. C:\WXP\system...

getting email address of To property in Outlook Inbox and From property in Outlook Outbox
I have a requirement to get the email address to whom emails in the Outlook inbox was sent as well as the From address for emails in the Outlook outbox. I have only looked into making this happen with the Inbox scenario thus far. Here are the problems I am running into. I first tried getting the information by for eaching through the Recipients property. But the Address property is always null. Then if I check the To property I don't get the email address but just the full name of the person that owns the email address. The ReceivedByName property gives me the same thing as the To prop...

modeless
I'm sure this gets asked all the time,. but why is it that it is so difficult to create a modeless dialog window? Codeguru.com - Visual c++ Goodies, talksabout how annoying modal dialog windows are, but it doesn't tell you how to create a modeless dialog window. Visual c++ in 21 days, menions modeless dialog window on a single page,again doesn't tell you how to do it. The only place that has any info is MSDN, but I have reall difficulties following the jargon on MSDN. Is there a kind'a "let-me-take-you-by-the-hand-tutorials" on modeless dialog windows anywhere? T...

Error Failed to create named Property
We are getting the below error on our Exchange 2007 server. We have modified the registry to try and stop this but it is still happening. Anyone have any ideas. Failed to create a new named property for database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Database" because the number of named properties reached the quota limit (9216). User attempting to create the named property: "NETWORK SERVICE" Named property GUID: 00020386-0000-0000-c000-000000000046 Named property name/id: "x-khdp" http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=820379 -- Ed ...

Free Entry or List? #2
Is it possible to configure a cell so that a user can enter EITHER a value OR select from a list of values? Thanks in advance! Sure...you can create a Data Validation with an Error Alert style of "Warning" or "Information". If the user enters a non-list item....a warning will display, but the entry will still be allowed. Is that something you can work with? Post back if you have more questions. -------------------------- Regards, Ron Microsoft MVP (Excel) (XL2003, Win XP) "NumLock" <michelle.swan@us.kema.com> wrote in message news:25307548-e893-4a9...

deleted mailboxes #2
I am running Exchange Server 2003 and I have a question about deleted mailboxes. I'm new to Exchange 2003 and I've been reading thru the documentation and I came across this: "The mailbox is not removed from the store immediately. The next time the mailbox management process runs, it marks the mailbox as deleted. The mailbox remains in the store, viewable using Exchange System Manager, for the length of time that is specified by the mailbox store settings Keep deleted mailboxes for (days) and Do not permanently delete mailboxes and items until the store has been backed up...

Description of booket Printed when 2 A4 sheets are printed on A3 p
I want to print a booklet. the information tells me to use 11.5 x 17 paper which will print 2 sheets of 11.5 x 8 and hopefully this will turn out a booklet in proper form? The way it works, select A3 in the printer setup first, in page setup select booklet. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Policy Printing" <Policy Printing@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A1D794B-79FD-468B-ABF7-FBA5C1BC1BC9@microsoft.com... >I want to print a booklet. the information tells me to use 11.5 x 17 pa...

Destryoing modeless dialog in a modeless thread causes deadlock
Hello there, I've created a user-interface thread to manage modeless dialog. I use it to display comforting "Please wait..." messages to the user while worker threads do lengthy operations (in this case, tasking robotics, but that's not important). So, here's a use case: The user initiates a long process by selecting a menu item. In the main GUI message handler, a worker thread is created to do perform the operation. The message handler returns. The worker thread creates a user-interface thread, which creates a modeless dialog. Any time the worker thread needs t...

Account Framework #2
We're having a fresh install of GP 10.0. While setting up the account framework using GP Utilities, we need to keep in mind an extra 3 digit segment for future use. Any suggestions that may be helpful? Suggestions for what? What is the question? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Aman" wrote: > We're having a fresh install of GP 10.0. While setting up the account > framework using GP Utilities, we need to keep in mind an extra 3 digit > segment for future use. > > Any sug...

Outlook 2000 Startup #2
Hi, Help please! I installed my Office 2000 on a new computer runing with vista and since, every time I open Outlook, I get the message "Another version of outlook was installed on your machine prior to installing Outlook 2000. Did you use that version of Outlook to read electronic mail?" How could I get rid of this message? Thanks, Jacques did the computer come with a trial version of outlook? see http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/vista.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipst...

Togglebuttons as drawers on multiple sheets
Hi I'm doing a calculation-program for the building industry. I'll end up with aprox. 15 sheets in my UI. 12 of them are very much alike, but have different numbers of rows (collums are always the same). I've made a kind of drawers system using togglebuttons, so the user can "open" headlines by clicking the apropriate togglebutton, thus showing the rows that make up the sum in the headline. So far i've added the togglebuttons manually including code like this on every sheet: Private Sub ToggleButton0503_Click() Call Togglebutton_Klik(Me.ToggleButton...

Problem Editing Macro in Shared Excel File #2
Hello group: I have a question regarding a shared Excel file with a project that I am past a deadline on. Some time ago I created an Excel file and enabled sharing so that others wouldn't be able to change the macros within it. I have now run into the problem of having to change something within a macro....how do you make it so that you can do this? This file I originally created on my computer before I formatted it, so I don't know if that makes any difference as far as for identification purposes (since I had a different computer name and user name). The file was created with Win 20...

strangely modeless dialog working even when i didnt destroy object
hello, I ahve created a dialog based application.I have inserted 6 menu options voz dialog1,dialog2,dialog3,....dialog6 in the dialog .On clicking of these menu opions i am popping 6 different modeless dialog.here is the code written for it midialog *d;//class for dialog resource d=new midialog; d->Create(IDD_DIALOG1); d->ShowWindow(SW_SHOW); To close it i either click on OK or Cancel or Red cross button and then i close the parent window.It strangely doesn't give an error.I was thinking that for modeless dialog you need to override OnCancel,OnClo...

How do I connect 2 Exchange servers together that are not in the same domain?
We have an Exchange 2003 server at a Co Lo facility. The other location is an Exchange 2003 also. The remote site is not part of the domain but they are using the same email address as us. They are currently using a POP3 connector into our server but I want to move beyond that and get them in a tighter integration. i.e. public folders etc. I am assuming I would use a smtp connector between the two but becuase of the differnt domains I am not sure what other options I have. Thanks for any tips or links to some good white papers. John I'm assuming different Forest\Exchange ...

tracking sheet #2
I want to know how to set up my excel program to highlight a certain row if time has elapsed more than one week. I know it can be done, just not sure how to do it. See if this helps http://www.uncc.edu/sysdev/HowTos/Excel/Using%20Conditional%20Formats%20with%20Date%20Values.htm Judy Freed Systems Development UNC Charlotte "sarah" <sarah.moore@eglin.af.mil> wrote in message news:9EE8B3E7-BA7C-4D7F-9A2F-FCDE1FCA68B6@microsoft.com... > I want to know how to set up my excel program to highlight a certain row if time has elapsed more than one week. I know it can be don...