Modeless Dialog #3

Hi all.

I write an application to create a modeless dialog but I have a problem,
when I minimize it parent window it will be minized too. How can I disable
this. Please help me.

Thank you.

0
binhnv (35)
6/6/2005 2:16:20 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

This is just a guess because I haven't tried it yet:  handle the
WM_SHOWWINDOW message (OnShowWindow).  if the nStatus is
SW_PARENTCLOSING, it is because the parent/owner is being minimized.  In
this case, you may be able to restore the window with a call to
ShowWindow(SW_SHOW)

In article <#yswE3jaFHA.464@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl>,
binhnv@newcenturysoft.com says...
> Hi all.
>
> I write an application to create a modeless dialog but I have a problem,
> when I minimize it parent window it will be minized too. How can I disable
> this. Please help me.
That's not a problem; that is the defined behavior of how a child dialog works with
respect the its parent. You can't disable it because that is how Windows is supposed to
work.

You might try creating a modeless dialog whose parent is the desktop, but that may be
hard, because a NULL parent reference means "the main window of this application".
					joe

On Mon, 6 Jun 2005 09:16:20 +0700, "Binh Nguyen Van" <binhnv@newcenturysoft.com> wrote:

>Hi all.
>
>I write an application to create a modeless dialog but I have a problem,
>when I minimize it parent window it will be minized too. How can I disable
>this. Please help me.
>
>Thank you.

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15974)
6/6/2005 6:05:19 AM
Yes, it worked but after minimizing its parent I can not resore its parent.

"Scot T Brennecke" <ScotBspamhater@MVPs.org> wrote in message
> This is just a guess because I haven't tried it yet:  handle the
> WM_SHOWWINDOW message (OnShowWindow).  if the nStatus is
> SW_PARENTCLOSING, it is because the parent/owner is being minimized.  In
> this case, you may be able to restore the window with a call to
> ShowWindow(SW_SHOW)
>
> In article <#yswE3jaFHA.464@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl>,
> binhnv@newcenturysoft.com says...
>> Hi all.
>>
>> I write an application to create a modeless dialog but I have a problem,
>> when I minimize it parent window it will be minized too. How can I
>> disable
>> this. Please help me.

0
binhnv (35)

Migration of BCM data to CRM 3.0 Professional
Hi, looking at the differences b/w the professional and SBS edition of CRM 3.0, I found that the profession edition is lacking a feature we need to get started, i.e. the BCM data migration wizard. This is vital to rapid production use of CRM 3.0 due to our large customer history base in BCM. OTOH, installing the SBS edition is not an option, since we are not running any SBS server, but rather an outgrown Windows Server 2003 infrastructure. Questions: 1. Is the BCM migration wizard available (technically) in the professional version of CRM 3.0? 2. If the answer to question 1 is yes, are ...

Modeless Menu
I'm trying to create a flyout menu similar to Photoshop (not the same as a normal toolbar drop-down) in that I want to be able to capture the mouse-up event on the toolbar while the menu is active. Is there a way to make the Menu Modeless or to capture the message and pass it back to the Toolbar? Is this the sort of thing you're looking for? I think Photoshop does it's settings menu sort of like this one: http://www.codeproject.com/dialog/csettingsdlg.asp If you are just looking for a property sheet type menu perhaps this would work: http://www.naughter.com/treeoption...

Turn $5 into $15 000 #3
This is very easy! Give it a quick read and you'll see what I mean. I've spent more on Lottery tickets in one day.... but never will again thanks to this! Read on.... If you want to make a few thousand dollars really quickly, then please take a moment to read and understand this opportunity I am sharing with you. NO, it is not what you think! YOU DO NOT have to send $5 to five people to buy a report, get on their mailing list, OR buy a recipe or any other product. NOR will you need to invest more money later to get things going. This is the fastest, easiest program you will ever be abl...

Recovery #3
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0016_01C5CFE0.EA155E20 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi,=20 Anyone know of a good article on how to restore active directory to a = different hardware platform. Ben ------=_NextPart_000_0016_01C5CFE0.EA155E20 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type conten...

Format cells dialog
I have a xls file that will not let me do any cell formatting to some cells. I can use the format painter to force changes. The sheet is not protected. I have the same problem whether it is marked locked or not. When I select Format | Format Cells.. , right click the cell and select "Format Cells..", CTRL+1, nothing happens. I can use the Alignment buttons but will never get the Format Cells Dialog Box. Other cells on the same sheet work just fine? I'm using 2007 You say that some cells work OK. Copy those that do work to those that do not and I think...

5/3 (Fifth Third) Bank
With Netbank's demise, I'm considering (now) moving to Fifth Third Bank. They still offer MS Money direct connect & bill pay without a fee and their other fees/rates are ok for my needs. The fact that they have a couple local branches makes it even better - although the times when I've needed a brick and mortar location is very rare. I am wondering if their bill pay deducts money from your account on the bill pay due date or some day prior? Anyone had any good success or bad luck using Microsoft Money with Fifth Third? Any other concerns or caveats to Fifth Third that I...

Folders #3
What is the Bulk mail folder for ... ? Thanks in Adv ... On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 18:55:51 -0800, "ATL" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >What is the Bulk mail folder for ... ? > Bulk mail (spam) -- Rich Cervenka Chicago, Illinois, USA Email Client: Microsoft Outlook 2002 News Client (Text): Fort´┐Ż Agent 1.93 www.forteinc.com News Client (Binaries): News Rover 9.1.2 www.newsrover.com ...

How to Implement More Button in Dialog Box ?
Hi, I am doing automation in PowerPoint using VC++.I want to know that how to implement More button. I mean to say is that when I click on More Button the size of the Dialog Box should increase & MORE button should change to LESS and Vice-versa. This is same button that you might see in MS Word's "Replace Utility". If youhave a look on it you will be able see what exactly I mean. I want to implement that "MORE" button in my dialog box. But I dont have any idea how to do it in Visual C++, If any one knows how to do it, Please help me in doing this. Thanks A...

GetWindowText #3
Env: WindowsXP, VC++6.00 I create a MDI app with one Doc and Multiple Views. I rename these view's title by SetWindowText() within CChildFrame(). But when I try to get these view's title by GetWindowText() also within CChildFrame(), they are not what I set before. For example, I open a file with name = Test.txt. And then I open 8 views and rename them with 1, 2,...,8 by SetWindowText(). When I get these name by GetWindowText(), they are return Test.txt:1, Test.txt:2, ..., Test.txt:8. Why it happens? TIA William Take a look at the SetTitle() option in the document. That might b...

terminate a dialog
If a test fails in my OnInitDialog(), I would like to terminate the dialog and continue what I was doing before. How do I do this? I have tried: EndDialog(0); return false; This works, but seems to be a little unstable. How is it unstable? I haven't noticed? If you really don't feel confortable with that then you can set a timer, or use postmessage to yourself from OnInitDialog that would later call EndDialog(IDCANCEL) AliR. "GT" <ContactGT_remove_@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:45d1e39a$0$17294$c3e8da3@news.astraweb.com... > If a test fails in my On...

modeless
I'm sure this gets asked all the time,. but why is it that it is so difficult to create a modeless dialog window? Codeguru.com - Visual c++ Goodies, talksabout how annoying modal dialog windows are, but it doesn't tell you how to create a modeless dialog window. Visual c++ in 21 days, menions modeless dialog window on a single page,again doesn't tell you how to do it. The only place that has any info is MSDN, but I have reall difficulties following the jargon on MSDN. Is there a kind'a "let-me-take-you-by-the-hand-tutorials" on modeless dialog windows anywhere? T...

.NET and XSLT id() #3
I must be an idiot because I STILL cannot coax .NET to successfully execute a transform which uses the XSLT id() function. Here's the bare-bones code: XmlValidatingReader xvr = new XmlValidatingReader( new XmlTextReader( @"s:\data\test.xml", new NameTable() ) ); xvr.EntityHandling = EntityHandling.ExpandEntities; xvr.ValidationType = ValidationType.Schema; xvr.ValidationEventHandler += new ValidationEventHandler( this.veh ); // this.veh() simply echos any validation errors. XslTransform xsl = new XslTransform(); xsl.Load( @"s:\data\test.xsl" ); XPathDocumen...

Outlook 2003 print dialog
Has anyone figured out a fix for the differing print dialog boxes in Outlook 2003? That is, a text only email has a different print dialog box than an RTF or HTML email. Mostly I want to be able to print just the first page, but for text-only email, the print dialog does not offer this. This has been discussed in another post, but with no resolve. http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=403CE6A8.70901%40neo.rr.com Matt There is no way to change Outlook's behavior. You can, of course, save the message as a .txt file and then open it with WordPad and print whichever pages you choose. -- ...

Destryoing modeless dialog in a modeless thread causes deadlock
Hello there, I've created a user-interface thread to manage modeless dialog. I use it to display comforting "Please wait..." messages to the user while worker threads do lengthy operations (in this case, tasking robotics, but that's not important). So, here's a use case: The user initiates a long process by selecting a menu item. In the main GUI message handler, a worker thread is created to do perform the operation. The message handler returns. The worker thread creates a user-interface thread, which creates a modeless dialog. Any time the worker thread needs t...

search #3
Is there an easy way to search through the pages of posts on this web site? Lots of good stuff - - just not easy to find a post that will help. I use http://groups.google.se/groups?hl=sv&lr=&ie=UTF-8&group=microsoft.public.excel Regards Anders Silven "rich" <rw@lan-nj.com> skrev i meddelandet news:125e701c442b2$0831f480$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Is there an easy way to search through the pages of posts > on this web site? Lots of good stuff - - just not easy to > find a post that will help. First, you may want to connect to the ms newsserver directly:...

Can you add a user-defined field to the new task dialog box?
Hi All: I use a custom arrangement to view my tasks in which I have a field called "No." (for number). I use it to order the tasks each day. That works fine. However, when I double click a task or if I start a new task with the shortcut key "Ctrl+Shift+K" (or Ctrl+N), a dialog box opens. This standard dialog box for an untitled task doesn't contain a field for my "No.". Is there a way I can modify that dialog box to add a number field that would show up in my custom arrangement under the "No." field? i.e. basically, I want to ad...

strangely modeless dialog working even when i didnt destroy object
hello, I ahve created a dialog based application.I have inserted 6 menu options voz dialog1,dialog2,dialog3,....dialog6 in the dialog .On clicking of these menu opions i am popping 6 different modeless dialog.here is the code written for it midialog *d;//class for dialog resource d=new midialog; d->Create(IDD_DIALOG1); d->ShowWindow(SW_SHOW); To close it i either click on OK or Cancel or Red cross button and then i close the parent window.It strangely doesn't give an error.I was thinking that for modeless dialog you need to override OnCancel,OnClo...

Location info dialog box
(Win XP, Outlook 2003) - I'm all of a sudden starting to have a problem when I add or change a phone number in a contact. I'm connected via LAN, not dialup, and no settings have changed. Yet when I put in a phone number I get the Location Information dialog box (this box: http://www.babcockancestry.com/storage/outlookproblemlocationinfo.jpg). I can NOT get out of it in any way except using the task manager to End Task, which of course does not save the contact. If I try to cancel in the dialog, it just keeps coming back. Any changes except phone numbers work fine. It's only when I...

Count If formula #3
Hi Can you use the count if formula to say: count how many cells say "sold" in blue text and how many say it in green text? You need a function to coun t the colour, like the one at http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html and then combine this with the text test like so, =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A100="sold"),--(ColorIndex(A1:A100)=3)) to test for red solds. -- HTH Bob Phillips "Jo Davis" <JoDavis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:39D590DA-6A79-4CC3-8373-3AEC51486FB8@microsoft.com... > Hi > > Can you use the count...

Duplicate Messages - Outlook
I have three POP3 accounts hooked up with Outlook 2002 running on windows XP. One of the accounts continues to give me multiples of the same message eveytime it conects to and downloads from the one server. This only happens with one account. Please advise how to fix this problem. Thanks in advance. Jim Blyth You have a corrupt (or duplicate message id) message sitting in your box that Outlook can't handle. When this happens with POP3, use Magic Mail Monitor to clear the difficult item. http://www.geeba.org/magic/ "J Blyth" <jblyth@pathcom.ca> wrote in message ...

Format Cells Dialog Box
Hi, I was delivering Excel training the other day when one of my syudents asked me a question. Can you help answer it. She wanted to know why, on the Format -> Cells dialog box (Patterns Tab) the colours appear in two groups with a horizontal line separating each group. My theory is that it is something to do with different colour palettes or colour depth. Anyone know any better ? Regards eyrei@aol.com Good question. I've occasionally sort of wondered about that too but not enough to investigate <g>. Just did some digging: Look at Tools>Options>Color. This...

Paint a colored rectangle in a dialog?
Hi How can I paint a colored rectangle in a dialog? Thanks Urban "Urban Stadler" <mail@ustadler.net> wrote in message news:3f621e6a$0$44078$91cee783@newsreader02.highway.telekom.at... > How can I paint a colored rectangle in a dialog? CDC::FillSolidRect. Jeff... Create a subclassed CStatic object (that is, create a CStatic and a CStatic-derived subclass, and add a control variable of the CStatic subclass). In the OnEraseBkgnd handler, paint the client area: BOOL CMyStatic::OnEraseBkgnd(CDC * pDC) { CRect r; GetClientRect(&r); pDC->FillSolidRe...

CFileDialog Question #3
Hi guys, If I do something like this: --- CFileDialog(...); CString path=dlg.GetPathName(); // now do a long operation --- ....the dialog box is visible (with the file selection area blank) until my long operation is complete. Well, suffice to say it's ugly. So what should I do ? I'm using VC6 (SP5) on XP Pro Thanks. "Robert A." <satan@invalid.org> wrote in message news:%23K8WEsscFHA.3204@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi guys, > > If I do something like this: > > --- > CFileDialog(...); > CString path=dlg.GetPathName(); > > // now do ...

modeless MDI
Oh heck..., This is what I'm trying to do. What's the best way forward? I want to have a "CONTROL" panel. Which contains a list of objects. I wanto be able to click on the objects to open a window to edit its properties. I'd liike to be able to open ultiple nstances of the window. I guess this sounds like an MDI? I want also to be able to click on bits of the control panel to open up modal dialog winodws to edit other properties, e.g. add another item to the list. I have a feeling that my mouth is bigger than my stomach. I'm not even meant to be a programmer.... I...

Query 1 of 3 exchange rates for specific date
I am a new Access user and am trying to query the correct rate for the right currency on a specific date. My tables are as follows: tblRecDetails tblExchRate RecDate Date Currency USRate Amount YenRate EuroRate For an example: I received US$100 on Jan 29-10, US$150 on Jan 30-10 and Euro$150 on Jan 29-10. I need to find How many CDN dollars I received for each day. Can someone please help??! Thank you in advance for your assistance. Can I suggest altering tblExchRate so it has fields like th...