Mixed Icons

I created an application with Visual Studio 2005 under Vista and
changed the only icon that the wizard created.  When the app runs, the
correct icon appears in the task bar and also if I click properties.
However, the default icons appear on the quick lanch toolbar and in
Windows Explorer.  I read through about a years worth of messages on
icons, but didn't see anything exactly like my problem.

Thanks for any help,
Curt
0
Curt
2/5/2008 2:06:52 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You will want to make sure that the default icon is the first one in the EXE
and that it has both a large and small icon (and 48x48 if you are specifying
for XP or Vista).  I'm not sure which one the Quick Launch bar uses, but I'd
guess the small version othe main icon (not the document icon).  You can
pull up the resources from your EXE in VS to see how the icons are ordered.

Tom

"Curt Rowe" <a@b> wrote in message
>I created an application with Visual Studio 2005 under Vista and
> changed the only icon that the wizard created.  When the app runs, the
> correct icon appears in the task bar and also if I click properties.
> However, the default icons appear on the quick lanch toolbar and in
> Windows Explorer.  I read through about a years worth of messages on
> icons, but didn't see anything exactly like my problem.
>
> Thanks for any help,
> Curt

0
tom.nospam (3240)
2/5/2008 4:10:22 AM
There's one icon in the exe labeled 128.  It's 32x32 when I open it. I
just replaced the contents of what was generated by the wizard. Is the
other icon (the MFC blocks) coming from somewhere else?  Does the
wizard not generate all the necessary icons?  It's been over ten years
since I've done windows programming and it's changed quite a bit.  I
did notice that when I right click on the image workspace I can view
images types.  There are nine, three each of 16x16, 32x32, and 48x48.

Never mind, I found it.  I clicked on the 16x16 image type and found
the default.  Not exactly a straight forward  organization.

Curt

On Mon, 4 Feb 2008 20:10:22 -0800, "Tom Serface"
<tom.nospam@camaswood.com> wrote:

>You will want to make sure that the default icon is the first one in the EXE
>and that it has both a large and small icon (and 48x48 if you are specifying
>for XP or Vista).  I'm not sure which one the Quick Launch bar uses, but I'd
>guess the small version othe main icon (not the document icon).  You can
>pull up the resources from your EXE in VS to see how the icons are ordered.
>
>Tom
>
>"Curt Rowe" <a@b> wrote in message
>>I created an application with Visual Studio 2005 under Vista and
>> changed the only icon that the wizard created.  When the app runs, the
>> correct icon appears in the task bar and also if I click properties.
>> However, the default icons appear on the quick lanch toolbar and in
>> Windows Explorer.  I read through about a years worth of messages on
>> icons, but didn't see anything exactly like my problem.
>>
>> Thanks for any help,
>> Curt
0
Curt
2/5/2008 7:12:14 AM
Yeah, we've all be caught by that one.  Glad you found it.

> There's one icon in the exe labeled 128.  It's 32x32 when I open it. I
> just replaced the contents of what was generated by the wizard. Is the
> other icon (the MFC blocks) coming from somewhere else?  Does the
> wizard not generate all the necessary icons?  It's been over ten years
> since I've done windows programming and it's changed quite a bit.  I
> did notice that when I right click on the image workspace I can view
> images types.  There are nine, three each of 16x16, 32x32, and 48x48.
>
> Never mind, I found it.  I clicked on the 16x16 image type and found
> the default.  Not exactly a straight forward  organization.
>
> Curt

0
tom.nospam (3240)
2/5/2008 3:40:49 PM
Not quite there yet.  I changed all nine images and still get the
defaults in Windows Explorer and the Quick Launch toolbar.  I deleted
the exe and rebuilt it with no change.  I remember reading something
about icons being cached.  If so how might I purge it?

By the way, do I need all nine images?  Is there resaonable minimum?
Some of the ones I did are still pretty crude and my eyes can't take
much more of clicking on microscopic squares.

Curt

On Tue, 5 Feb 2008 07:40:49 -0800, "Tom Serface"
<tom.nospam@camaswood.com> wrote:

>Yeah, we've all be caught by that one.  Glad you found it.
>
>Tom
>
>"Curt Rowe" <a@b> wrote in message
>> There's one icon in the exe labeled 128.  It's 32x32 when I open it. I
>> just replaced the contents of what was generated by the wizard. Is the
>> other icon (the MFC blocks) coming from somewhere else?  Does the
>> wizard not generate all the necessary icons?  It's been over ten years
>> since I've done windows programming and it's changed quite a bit.  I
>> did notice that when I right click on the image workspace I can view
>> images types.  There are nine, three each of 16x16, 32x32, and 48x48.
>>
>> Never mind, I found it.  I clicked on the 16x16 image type and found
>> the default.  Not exactly a straight forward  organization.
>>
>> Curt
0
Curt

Cannot access Outlook by clicking on icon
I notice yesterday I could not delete one email, said there was an error detected in file. I tried the Inbox diagnose through Help tab..no luck. Now I cannot get on Outlook to open, I get an error box shows up saying: "Cannot start Microsoft Ofice Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. Errors have been detected in the file. C:....\Outlook.pst. Quit Outlook and all mail-enbabled applications, and then use the Inbox repair tool (Scanpst.exe) to diagnose and repair errors in the file. For more information about the Inbox repair tool, see He...

Hammer & Wrench icon in Rules?
Can someone tell me what the Hammer & Wrech icon mean to the right of some of the rules I've set up in my Rules & Alerts wizard? Thanks. It means that you added "and stop processing more rules" to that particular rule. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Aaron asked: | Can someone tell me what the Hammer & Wrech icon mean to ...

Session mix-up issue
We ran into a strange issue 2 days back in our client's production environment. A remote user, logs in and finds out that the data available in the web page are from a different user. The client environement is having ..net 3.5 running on Windows 2003 server connected to an Oracle 10g DB. The web server is on NLB and in a DMZ. The sessions are maintained In proc. We analysed the IIS logs and the network logs for that duration and were not able to conclude if this was a security issue or a genuine application related issue. Request your inputs in solving this issue. Ben...

More Outlook bugs... Rules are mixing up accounts!
*sigh* WHY do the rules in Outlook 2003 keep changing the accounts they are to apply to. ie. "When message arrives through MYACCOUNT@HERE.COM move it to the MYACCOUNT folder." ....changes to... "When message arrives through ANOTHERACCOUNT@HERE.COM move it to MYACCOUNT folder." - These rules were manually entered by me, not imported from OE6. - This is a fresh installation of Win XP Pro SP1 - Only action in OE6 was to import the old email account settings and contents through the Transfer Settings Wizard. The Outlook 2003 was installed and account info imported. If I fix...

Desktop icons
How can I show desktop icon titles within a rectangular box so that they can be read more easily Not a Media Center related question, repost to the general group of what ever version of Windows your using. -- -- "mbrodell" <mbrodell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:48DEC4FA-A773-4BC0-80D1-6D904D6CC612@microsoft.com... > How can I show desktop icon titles within a rectangular box so that they > can > be read more easily =?Utf-8?B?bWJyb2RlbGw=?= <mbrodell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:48DEC4FA-A773-4BC0-80D1-6D...

floating copy icon
How do I get rid of the icon (clipboard)which appears when I copy and paste an item. It is the most frustrating thing. It appears in such a location as to prevent you from getting to the cells it covers. glenn Tools>Options>Edit. Uncheck "Show Paste Options Button". Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 08:14:34 -0800, "glenn olsen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I get rid of the icon (clipboard)which appears when >I copy and paste an item. It is the most frustrating >thing. It appears in such a location as to pr...

.MIX files
I have several .MIX files (Microsoft Photo Draw) that were sent to me. Are there any other Microsoft programs that can read these files ?? I tried to even insert them into MS Word (XP version) but I have received errors everytime I try. Windows XP will preview in a window but I cannot import them into any application ! ...

How do I make my tool bar icons larger?
I am just trying to enlarge my tool bar icons, i.e., the home, etc. Maybe there are some Accessibility options that can help (look in Control Panel)? If not, reducing the screen resolution is the only way. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Debbie T." <DebbieT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D0852D8-DAD1-49EB-A08B-CA4D3E1BB293@microsoft.com... >I am just trying to enlarge my tool bar icons, i.e., the home, etc. > > "Debbie T." <DebbieT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D0852D8-DAD1-49EB-...

Mixed Icons
I created an application with Visual Studio 2005 under Vista and changed the only icon that the wizard created. When the app runs, the correct icon appears in the task bar and also if I click properties. However, the default icons appear on the quick lanch toolbar and in Windows Explorer. I read through about a years worth of messages on icons, but didn't see anything exactly like my problem. Thanks for any help, Curt You will want to make sure that the default icon is the first one in the EXE and that it has both a large and small icon (and 48x48 if you are specifying for XP or Vist...

how do you attach an icon to a content type in sharepoint server
We have created new content types but when they are uploaded onto the intranet they show without an icon linked to them. Are they office related files - .doc etc etc? "Paula" wrote: > We have created new content types but when they are uploaded onto the > intranet they show without an icon linked to them. ...

printing document a mix of text and photos imported from photoshop
Printer prints document where the text is accurate, however most of the phots come out black...anyone know why? Hi j hall (jhall@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || Printer prints document where the text is accurate, however most of || the phots come out black...anyone know why? Microsoft Office Publisher 2003 and older are critical about printer drivers. Usually upgrading (or downgrading in some cases) will fix the problems you are encountering. If you have not already done so, you would want to visit the manufacturers website of your printer to download and inst...

Missing Desktop Icon
I just upgraded to Office 2003. My outlook desktop icon is now gone, and I cannot see how to get it back. It does not show up in Tweak UI as an optional icon. There was no help from Microsoft either, suggesting only that I should make sure the Address Book is included in my install, which it already was. Any other suggestions? Is there a patch? I don't want to create a fake icon, I want the real thing. Chad is it in your start menu? If it is Right click and drag it to your desktop. If its not go to your install direct and right click and drag that. >-----Original Messag...

New, strange icon in lower right box of Outlook 2002 window
Recently for no known reason, I have this new icon in the utmost lower right box in the Outlook 2002 window. It looks like a disk drive (silver colored rectangular box with a line under it) and it has a red "X" on it. Please advise as to what this is and how it affects Outlook. Thanks On Tue, 3 Aug 2004 00:07:33 -0700, "pmekin23" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Recently for no known reason, I have this new icon in the >utmost lower right box in the Outlook 2002 window. It >looks like a disk drive (silver colored rectangular box >...

How to accomplish mixed page orientation?
How can I have some pages with portrait and some pages with landscape orientation in the same visio file? Thanks, Keith Brickey Keith, In the File > Page Setup dialog, go to the "Page Size" tab and make sure that "Same as printer paper size" is not checked. When printing, you'll need to change the printer orientation to match the page that you want to print. This is only necessary if you're running a version of Visio older than Visio 2003. -- Dawn This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Keith Brickey...

Keep mail icon only for messages in inbox ???
Hello all, I running Outlook 2002 (XP Home) and SpamBayes. SpamBayes is an anti-spam filter that automatically removes messages as they arrive if they are deemed to be spam. (I also have Spam Bayes set up to mark these messages once moved to the Spam folder as read) Right now I get the new mail icon in my taskbar (the envelope icon) when any new mail arrives (no matter if it's a real message and stays in my inbox or a spam message that is moved to my spam folder). Is there a way I can set things up so I'll only get the new mail icon for "real" mail that remains in my inbox?...

[Outlook] mixed accounts
Dear Sirs, we work in a corporation with an exchange server and outlook client on every workstation. on some workstations we have installed an internet smtp account, so on these machines we have 2 mail accounts: 1 intra/exchange account and 1 internet/smtp account. The main question is: how can the user tell outlook which account should outlook use? Do you mean to send mail? >-----Original Message----- >Dear Sirs, >we work in a corporation with an exchange server and >outlook client on every workstation. on some workstations >we have installed an internet smtp account, so on...

mixed mode...
I presently have a exchange 5.5 server and a exchange 2003, I'm presently doing a migration. on the serveur 5.5 I have a mailbox called : Publisher. the primary user accound is set to : Domain USER. this mailbox is needed by our publishing software. If I understand well exchange 2003 there's no such a config. any replacement for this function? thank you Hi, Unclear as to what the problem here is? If you are migrating users from 5.5 to 2003 this user should be able to be moved with out a problem in regards to mail. The Domain Users is a global group that every person in AD ne...

Meaning of Symbol (Icon) in Sent Folder
This may be a very simple-minded question, but I can’t seem to find reference to it anywhere. 1. There is a symbol in the Sent folder, in the “Sort by: Icon” column that looks like an opened envelope with a blue “I” in a circle. What does this icon mean? It seems to appear for some, but not all, mail I’ve sent to people within my organization (on the Outlook system and in the mailbox. In fact, sometimes it will appear for the same person at some times, but not at others. It never appears for people outside of our network. I also noticed that when it appears, the message includes a...

Purchasing Mix & Match Tables- what do you think???
Microsoft should add a Mix & Match table for purchasing. It would act the same way it would for the sale of an item only it would help calculate the Purchase Orders. Example: I buy cases of coke. I need 100 cases to reach a qty discount. A purchase order report would calculate the products needed to reach the level. This would be an priority trigger over the ROP. For example if I sold 25 cases of each (coke, diet coke, caf free coke, caf free diet coke) and my reorder point was 30 case sales(for each) a purchase order would not be generated. If the Mix & Match PO could do a: cal...

Formview Icon issue
After adding a formview to my MDI project (via class view) the .exe has taken on the formview's icon. Why would this happen and how can it be change it back but still having an individual icon for that formview? VC 6 w/ sp 6 Thank you ...

icons are missing in SmartList
A user just complained that Print, Excel, and Word three icons didn't show up in the SmartList. Any answer for this problem? Thank you very much. stien Great Plains Cannot find the Office Installation files. Try to reinstall office, if you are using older version than 2003 you need to update service packs. Hope this helps. Akram. "stien" wrote: > A user just complained that Print, Excel, and Word three icons didn't show up > in the SmartList. Any answer for this problem? Thank you very much. > > stien ...

Quick Launch Icons do not match Applications
I am running Windows XP SP3. I have 11 Quick Launch Shortcuts on my task bar. The icons do not match the applications. For Example the IE8 icon looks like an Adobe file today. Yesterday it looked like the Excel Icon. This my work computer with an incredibly restricted firewall. I have checked the latest virus scans and no issues found. My machine is a Dell Latitude E6400. Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated. On 3/29/2010 1:03 PM, Kat4Wake wrote: > I am running Windows XP SP3. I have 11 Quick Launch Shortcuts on my task > bar. The icons do not match the a...

expression with mixed types
Hello! if I have this expression long = int * uint * ushort * short; how is the implicit conversion done here for the different types in this expression. //Tony Tony Johansson wrote: > Hello! > > if I have this expression > long = int * uint * ushort * short; That's not legal C# syntax. Are you trying to refer to some arbitrary expression where the operands have the given types? > how is the implicit conversion done here for the different types in this > expression. See section 6.1, "Implicit conversions" in the C# specificati...

A2007 Mix/Max buttons missing
When I try to design a new form in A2007 it is always maximized and the Min/Max buttons do not show despite the appropriate property settings. Furthermore I cannot change the value of the Moveable property, it is locked to No. However forms designed under A2003 and brought forward behave as expected. (The exception is that the Moveable property is set to Yes for Modal, Pop-up forms but the Min/Max buttons still do not show.) Another symptom is the the Windows category does not show on the Ribbon. I've searched the KB to no avail. Any thoughts? I run A2007 SP1 under Windows Vist...

Exchange 2007, Exchange 2003 Mixed Environment For CRM
Hello all, we are currently in the process of bringing up a production Exchange 2007 environment for our company. We are also looking to bring our test and new development and production environments of CRM 3.0 online with mail functionality. (Right now we have a test system setup with no Exchange mail routing for CRM.) My question is this. In bringing up our new Exchange 2007 environment we need to add a small Exchange 2003 server for the CRM mail 'router'. What process do we install the 2003 server in our 2007 environment and what role / install do we use for the Exchange 2...