Minimized MDI Children

Hi, all

I remember in 3.0 when an MDI child is minimized it
becomes an icon instead of a shrinked/shortened titlebar
as it is now. Is there an option to turn a minimized MDI
child window into an Icon instead? If yes, how to do it
in MFC? I'm using VS6+sp5.

Thanks,
Vincent
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

MDI FormView project
I want to create a MDI project using the FormView class, but limit it to only 2 forms. Also, I would like to have each form slightly different. How would I go about doing this? Z.K. You can have a separate doctemplate for each formview/doc? If you want to have a single doc with two views, you may want to use SDI w/splitter. What does limit to two forms mean? -- Ajay "Z.K." <nospam@nospam.net> wrote in message news:uVR2fU1xIHA.548@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I want to create a MDI project using the FormView class, but limit it to >only 2 forms. Also, I would...

How do I minimize to the trey
I have a requirements to put an icon of my app in the trey when it is minimized. How would I do this. 1. From a console app. 2. From an MFC dialog app? Thanks, Yes, an MFC dialog app. All Dialog apps, if I remember correctly, come with an App.ico file. You can draw on this or replace it with your own. If you replace it, then you may need to find how it links with the code and make sure your file is used instead. Not sure if you can override the icon of a console window. >-----Original Message----- >I have a requirements to put an icon of my app in the trey when it is >mini...

Minimized Outlook
I was glad to discover that I could minimize Outlook to an icon at the right of my task bar instead of to the standard big minimize bar. At least, until I found out that half of the time when I click on it to expand it, I get a ! message telling me that Outlook is not responding. I suppose that's a function of my Exchange server. But having to click again slows things down. Is there a way to disable this message and maximize Outlook quickly? Howard Brazee <howard@brazee.net> wrote: > I was glad to discover that I could minimize Outlook to an icon at > the right of my ta...

CTreeCtrl, CDialogBar, MDI application, and messages
I have an MFC application (MDI based) with a CDialogBar-derived class (CLeftBar) and on it is a CTreeCtrl. The CLeftBar is drawn in CMainFrame (which I am assuming is the 'core' of the program). Since I want all the data and controlling to be done froma central place, and CMainFrame looks to be where I want it, how to I get the messages from the CTreeCtrl to CLeftBar passed to CMainFrame? This seems like the most logical way to handle it, as doubleclicks on branches on the tree will spawn new view windows. jorj Jordon Hofer wrote: > I have an MFC application (MDI based) with ...

Sales for outlook
I suppose there is no way to show relation ships of family members? Antony Antony, Currently, MS CRM does not track so-called "network" relationships. There are a few ISV products that will allow this, and it sounds like this will be something that you could add in v2.0 using the expanded customization capablities. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 07:25:55 -0700, "Antony" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: I suppose there is no way to show relation ships of family members...

Minimized form
Hi, I have a big issue with Acces 2007,whne i open a form,the window is always minimized,i try to set the property "Auto resize" to yes,but when i open the form it's minimized as usual and displays one record only unless users scroll down the bar to see the records one by one... Is there any solution for this? What I did ( Access 2003 though ) was to put a macro with the command Maximize in the form onload event "Pietro" wrote: > Hi, > I have a big issue with Acces 2007,whne i open a form,the window is > always minimized,i try to set the proper...

Minimize
I can minimize the whole program, but I can not minimize the file itself, the minimize button for the file is not there, what do I do? THanks S Hi Shawn Your Workbook is protect with Windows Checked Tools>Protection.....Protect Workbook -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Shawn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0f9b01c3932e$360a9df0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I can minimize the whole program, but I can not minimize > the file itself, the minimize button for the file is not > there, what do I do? &...

How to add "minimize" button for the dialog
How to add "minimize" button for the dialog - that is - the little "x" on the top right of the window? In resource editor, right click on the dialog and click properties. In styles tab, you will find the option "System Menu". Check it in your case. ------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com I am sorry. I also want minimize, that is "-" on the top right of the window How to add it by using code? This option (minimize box) is also available in the styles tab. -------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com Play with GetSystemMenu of your dialog and remove...

Minimize??
For some reason when I click on Minimize the window still takes up the full screen. Obviously I've changed something. How can I restore it back to where the full screen is not used? Thanks, Doug Do you mean minimise which is the leftmost icon, or do you mean the one in the middle which takes it from full screen to a smaller screen. Assuming it is the latter, hit that and then manually resize your window to the size you want. After that it should alter to this size when you hit the icon. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel S...

How to create an hyperlink on the desktop of my MDI application
I have written an MDI application. I wolud like to create on the desktop of my application an hyperlink to my web page How can I do this? I'm able to create an hyperlink in the dialog box but I'm not able to create it on the desktop of my application ...

how do i minimize/maximize a workbook from vba? I want to minimize it durring processing to speed things up a bit
how do i minimize/maximize a workbook from vba? I want to minimize it durring processing to speed things up a bit Record a macro when you do it manually (either the worksheet window or the application window). But I never thought that minimizing stuff would make the macro work faster. But there are some other settings that can make your code work faster: Application.ScreenUpdating = False CalcMode = Application.Calculation Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual ActiveSheet.DisplayPageBreaks = False The first stops the screen flickering when you select different s...

working minimized
can anyone tell me if there's a way to close the outlook and have it run minimized on my notification area (area where the clock and volume control is located) instead of my taskbar. what i'm trying to do is leave my outlook running checking my email account constantly but not have it minimized on my taskbar but only have an icon on the notification area. thank you all! lukas What version of Outlook "Lukas Beltrame" <lukasob@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:072b01c3d413$97a388d0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > can anyone tell me if there's a way to close the outlo...

How do I print my CRichEditDoc/View MDI app?
I've created a fairly standard CRichEditDoc/View MDI application. I included Printing and Print Preview in the options during the AppWizard. What do I need to do to get a basic output when printing? E.g. setting the number of pages, etc. I'm using RichEdit 2.0 and also have set m_bRTF to FALSE in the CRichEditDoc derived class. I've struggled to find an example on the web that uses CRichEditView and I believe it should do most of the work for me but at the moment, besides the print preview kind of working, and getting the Print Dialog, it just prints blank pages! not sure how t...

Tiled background picture on MDI form
Hi all, I used in some apps a tiled background picture - usually on an form - to display a company logo. That's easy, load the logo into a StdPicture und use PaintPicture in 2 nested loops to paint the logo "tiles" on the form background. In a new app I have to tile the customers logo on the client area of a MDI form. And the MDI form has no PaintPicture, ScaleMode, ScaleX, or ScaleY. I first thought about StdPicture.Render but it seems for the destination ScaleMode must be vbPixels. I came up with two solutions in plain VB6 and used the second: 1) a PictureBox o...

MDI Message
When I drag the MDI Parent window , which message would the child window inside MDI receive ? Look at OnMoving() or OnMove() Tom "hangaround" <hangaround@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D550362-4742-445E-B4A8-7C59D98CEEB9@microsoft.com... > When I drag the MDI Parent window , which message would the child window > inside MDI receive ? ...

Minimize all applications...
Hello NG, I want to have my application to be alone on the screen. If other applications are open, I want them to be minimized (normal applications have this opportunity, I won't pay attention to the ones that do not have it...). Do you know, how I can broadcast a Minimize-SYSCOMMAND to all windows (instead of my own)? Thanks for help, Guido ::SendMessage(HWND_BROADCAST,...) would do this. But why do you want to remove control from the user? This sounds like a Really Bad Idea. Only the end user should have control of what is on the screen. joe On Wed, 16 May 2007 17:58:33 +0...

MDI support in ATL composite control
Hi, I have components created in ATL. The components are ATL composite controls. Entire work has been done till now using ATL, however I now need to give MDI type of work area (based o doc-view architecture) within the control. I have class derived from CMDIFrameWnd. However when I try to initialize instance of this class by calling "Create" method of CFrameWnd (base class in CMDIFrameWnd), I get error and creation fails. Tracing the code, I found that base class create method calls "AfxGetInstanceHandle" to get handle to the DLL. Now since this is ATL Composite control, ...

Unwanted restore in MDI
I have an MDI app that has a main CView that is normally Maximised. There are a bunch of CFormViews that can be displayed. The CFormViews are maintained at fixed sizes (Maximise box disabled and OnGetMinMaxInfo overridden). When a CFormView is activated any other maximised view is restored (non-maximised). This appears to be related to the fact that the Maximise box is disabled (window style) in the CFormView. (Leaving the Maximise box enabled has other problems). I presume that the MDIClient is telling the other window to restore but havn't tracked down how. Does anyone know how th...

Children's email
My 11 year old wants an email address. Can I setup a filter in Outlook 2003 that will only allow select email addresses to send email to my child? My OS is Windows Vista Home premium. In the Junk E-mail filter settings you can use the "White List only" setting. Then only the addresses/domains you want will go to the Inbox "Doug" <Doug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BFD8A17C-F882-484F-B986-8D206AD92982@microsoft.com... > My 11 year old wants an email address. Can I setup a filter in Outlook > 2003 > that will only allow select email ad...

How to minimalize window?
Function CMDIFrameWnd::MDIMaximize maximalize child window in MDI. How to minimalize this window? You should be able to do it by using ShowWindow(SW_SHOWMINIMIZED) on the child frame itself. --- Ajay Stefan Gutten wrote: > Function CMDIFrameWnd::MDIMaximize maximalize child > window in MDI. How to minimalize this window? ...

Minimizing Outlook
How do I apply the following settings, when I minimize outlook 2007 it does NOT stay on my staus bar but rather in the icon tray? Thanks "heshie" <heshie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A823326A-9342-4382-8604-75212FA98E05@microsoft.com... > How do I apply the following settings, when I minimize outlook 2007 it > does > NOT stay on my staus bar but rather in the icon tray? Right-click the icon in the system tray and either check or uncheck "Hide When Minimized" as you wish. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] Thats the way it works, wh...

Get a label value from a MDI child form
I'm obviously new at C# and this question is more about the language than the example. I have a MDI child and I want to get/set a label (labIndex) value on another child form. I have: private string labIndex { get {return labIndex.value; } set {labIndex.value = value; } } public static string getIndex() { return labIndex; << but this can't be seen because it's inside a static method } So, how to I get and set the labIndex.value?? Thanks in advance! On 12/13/2009 10:30 AM, Steve Ricketts wrote: > I'm obviously new at C# and ...

Clicking link minimizes Excel
Hi, This may be a really newbie question, but I haven't been able to find the solution on my own and am hoping someone here can help. Whenever I click a link to a Word document that exists within an Excel 2000 spreadsheet cell, Word opens as expected. When I'm done with Word and close it, I find that my Excel window has been minimized. I find this behavior to be quite annoying and am wondering if there's anything I can do to maintain my pre-click Excel window status. Thanks. Mark I'm not sure that this applied to xl2k, but I think with xl97, you could make a minor ...

Slow Restore after Minimize
I keep Outlook minimized but running during the work day. When I click the minimized icon in the taskbar to restore Outlook, it takes 36 SECONDS for it to become operational. We are running off an Exchange Server. My machine is running Outlook 2000 on Windows XP, 1.8 gig P4 processor, 512 RAM. I've done all the usual things, deleted cookies and temporary internet files, updated & scanned for viruses, updated and run Ad-aware to get rid of spyware. Two of our IT people have tried several things but couldn't help. This is really hurting my productivity. HELP! Thanks for an...

No minimize button
I changed over from Office 2000 to Office 2002. When I open some excel files the speadsheet has no close or minimize buttons. Also this happens in word on some documents on a different machine. MK No buttons or just "grayed out"? If no buttons, could be the workbook(s) are protected. If just "grayed out", could be you have GroupWise loaded. If that's the problem. See this MSKB article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260199 Article is specific for 2000 but I think it is valid for other versions. It gives a workaround (use the file...