Migration from Unix to Windows

Are MFC programs compatible with UNIX ?????Can Unix files be migrated to Windows
0
anonymous (74721)
1/30/2004 12:06:05 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

What unix files? MFC exe is no different than any other exe on the system and is not
compatible with Unix. There are 3rd party libraries which support MFC on UNIX. One of the
compaines was MainWin/MainSoft.

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

"CodeMan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Are MFC programs compatible with UNIX ?????Can Unix files be migrated to Windows

0
ajaykalra (6842)
1/30/2004 3:25:58 PM
CodeMan wrote:

> Are MFC programs compatible with UNIX ?????Can Unix files be migrated to Windows

With a name like CodeMan, I'd think you should know already ;)

Windows Live Mail #2
Ok, I've been a happy user of Outlook 2000 for a long time, but have liked what I see so far of the Vista version of Windows Mail. There is a similar version for XP called Windows Live Mail which looks the same. This may be OT, but as I am an Outlook user, maybe asking here may be helpful. My favorite features of Outlook are Rules, Calendar and Tasks. Are these features available for Live Mail or is there a plug-in? If not, I am happy with Outlook. Thanks. -- marx404 _________________ "marx404" in <news:g497t3$1sl$1@registered.motzarella.org> wrote: > Ok, I...

Capture Window Closure and prevent it.
Hi, I am capturing Close with the WM_PARENTNOTIFY Message b/c WM_CLOSE is not working. Is there anyway I can prevent the window from Closing in my OnParentNotify handler? Thanks, Marcus de Leon What type of application? Dialog or SDI/MDI. which window are trying to do this in, a view, the frame, a dialog box? AliR "madfisher" <madfisher@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1169146880.485741.195030@l53g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I am capturing Close with the WM_PARENTNOTIFY Message b/c WM_CLOSE is > not working. Is there anyway I can prevent the wind...

Moving GP Server to new Windows domain
I have seen a few questions revolving around this topic, but none specifically addressing it. My question is this: what (if anything) will break if a Great Plains (v8; SQL Server 2000 on Server 2003) server is moved from Windows domain X to Windows domain Y? A few things I have been thinking in regards to this: -since the SQL server is using mixed Windows/SQL authentication, and all users authenticate exclusively using SQL credentials, there should be no issues with user accounts -since the server (in it's entirety) is moving (not just the DB), there should be no issue with SID mismatc...

MFC Migration Kit still exists?
Does it still exist? Can I convert MSDN Win32 samples to MFC base? REFERENCE: --------------- Microsoft Visual C++/Microsoft Foundation Classes (MFC) Frequently Asked Questions Michael Pickens (mfc_faq@stingray.com) Version 5.6 Last updated: 7/14/98 ...says that: 13.5.6. What's the best way to convert my C Windows App to MFC? Microsoft and Symantec have jointly developed a tool that helps you make the move from a C Windows application to MFC. It's called the MFC migration kit. You can find it on the MSVC 2.x CD-ROM in the MFCKIT directory. The kit is also available from the Microsof...

Secondary Protection for Windows 2003 File Server Cluster
Hi, I am trying to setup Secondary Protection for a Windows File Server Cluster. When I enable secondary protection on the Agents tabs, it goes to an enabled status, however, when I got to setup a Protection Group I cannot browse to the protected resource. It just does not show the clustered resource. When I now go back to check the secondary protection staus on the Agents tab, it has reverted to "No". I am successfully carrying out secondary protection for stand alone file servers off this secondary server, it is us the clustered resources that are an issue. A...

Mac Excel 2008 breaking links when opening Windows 2003 spreadsheet?
Version: 2008 Hi, <br><br>I have a spreadsheet created with Windows Excel 2003. When it is opened with Mac 2008, some of the links in the spreadsheet become broken. Not all of the links, only a few. The spreadsheet has multiple pages, and the page name is stripped out of the links by Mac 2008. This makes this not clickable. Any Ideas? Does the service pack 1 fix this problem? <br><br>Thanks. "Service pack 1"??? That would be the 12.1.x level. If you're still running vintage Office 2008 (12.0.x) it's a wonder any of it is working properly :...

Windows Installer
Every time I open outlook the windows installer screen comes up and tries to configure outlook 2000. This used to happen when I would try to use the search application. I just cancel the installer and outllook opens fine. Any suggestions? If working with a Windows 2000/XP box, does it do this under a new profile? (I've seen the installer get so confused that you have to switch to get a new user profile before the installer settles down.) /neo ps - i am assuming that you tried a detect and repair via the add/remove applet in the control panel and it didn't help. "David Batema...

Upgrading from Windows 2002 version
Can you tell me if there is an upgrade route for Office? We several copies in the Windows version and want to migrate to MAC OSX on at least one of our computers, possibly more in the future. Can you supply me with information regarding a cross-OS upgrade. Thank you. Hello Iris, We are volunteers in this newsgroup, not Microsoft employees, so this reply isn't authoritative. You would be better off making a call to a Microsoft help line. The last time I heard it there was no upgrade route from PC Office to Mac Office, but that's not current information by any means. Cheers, Clive...

Files launching in their own window
How do I prevent launched files from opening in their own application window? I would like them to appear under one instance of Excel. Thanks for your time! William, Go to the Tools menu, chose Options, then the View tab. There, uncheck the "Windows in Taskbar" setting. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "William Berardelli" <wberarde@dap.com> wrote in message news:837d01c3e9a8$21c63040$a101280a@phx.gbl... > How do I prevent launched files from opening in their own > application window? ...

Windows 7
Every morning, between 10 and 30 minutes after "waking up" my computer, windows 7 does a blue screen. here is an example.... Source Windows Summary Shut down unexpectedly Date ‎19/‎01/‎2010 08:17 Status Not reported Problem signature Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3 Locale ID: 2057 Extra information about the problem BCCode: 9f BCP1: 00000003 BCP2: 8AFDE6B0 BCP3: 82D78AE0 BCP4: 8A627700 OS Version: 6_1_7600 Service Pack: 0_0 Product: 768_1 I tried changing the power options to never "put the computer to sleep&quo...

Window Live Messenger
Hi - I am having problems when making video calls - the recipients cannot hear me although we can see each other and I can hear them. I have tested the microphone / sound set-up etc. and it is working fine. I recently had problems with viruses while using WLM and this has now been cleared completely - but I wondered if it could have damaged part of the WLM? What I wanted to find out is if this could be a broadband issue or if I should try re - installing W Live Messenger? - Any help appreciated. many thanks nfield wrote: > Hi - I am having problems when making video ca...

CSV Import with Data Migration Manager
Hi Everyone, I am trying to migrate from goldmine 6.5 to Microsoft CRM 4.0 and I am having some trouble at the final hurdle. I have imported all company data as Accounts, then I import individual people as Contacts, but I leave the Company Name column in and map it to parent customer -> account name. This works to a degree, but for some reason will only accept 1 of each company, so if there are multiple contacts under one account then it takes the first one and rejects the rest. It looks like the relationship is stuck at 1-1 for the import, but I can then manually change it afterwards, s...

Exchange 5.5 System Free/Busy objects left in Exchange 2003 since Migration.
Hi I hope somebody can help with this. I migrated our old Exchange 5.5 Org to Exchange 2003 last year and followed all the MS KB's about doing this. Since then we have switched to Native Mode 2003 and working fine. However we found that our AD infrastructure wasn't at its best and are currently deploying a new Domain. Now this is where the fun starts. While creating a new Exchange 2003 Org in the new Domain, we are replicating the Public/System Folders from the old Org and we have been getting some errors. On investigation we have found that there are redundant Free/Busy Schedule+ obj...

Specify Window Size & Position
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C47A0A.B790FA90 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, I have a macro, then when run, opens up 3 templates at the same time. = Is it possible to add more code to the code already in place that will = open these e-mails at specific sizes & positions on my screen? Jay ------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C47A0A.B790FA90 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W...

Error code 2293 using windows live
I have an access 2003 database. within the database I click a button to send an email to the current record. This worked fine with Windows XP and Outlook Express but I get Error Code 2293 Database could send email using Windows 7 and Windows Live email. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks Dennis Dennis;111171 Wrote: > I have an access 2003 database. within the database I click a button to > send > an email to the current record. This worked fine with Windows XP and > Outlook > Express but I get Error Code 2293 Database could send email using > Windows ...

Button caption texts disappears after changing to Theme Windows XP
Hi, I have a simple dialog just for inputting text. This dialog has a input field, and OK Cancel button. In windows classic theme, everything is OK, but if the windows theme is changed to Windows XP, the texts on OK and Cancel buttons just disappear. The dialog's title is still there, BTW. What could be the reason? Thanks. To help your analysis, I give my codes here: #include "WhiteboardTextEntryDialog.h" #include "ComponentsID.h" #include "Data/ResourcesManager.h" BEGIN_MESSAGE_MAP(WhiteboardTextEntryDialog, SkinDialog) ON_BN_CLICKED( IDOK, onOKButto...

Minimize database window on launch
Access Newbie here. Never seen a VBA edit window until yesterday :o) When the database opens, I would like the main database window to minimize to the bottom of the screen. How can I do that? James On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 21:31:08 -0500, "James Ivey" <nope@nowhere.com> wrote: >Access Newbie here. Never seen a VBA edit window until yesterday :o) > >When the database opens, I would like the main database window to minimize >to the bottom of the screen. > >How can I do that? > >James > Why not hide it altogether? Tools... Startup... uncheck &quo...

Using Windows Service and CRM
Happy Holidays, All! This isn't covered in the SDK, that I can see, but we have a service running that needs to query the CRM database (using the SDK) - but it is running on an application server out side of CRM. We can do this with impersonation, using an existing user in CRM - but the password needs to be hardcoded that way - making it necessary to revisit the applicatin every 90 days... Any other thoughts on how to run a windows service against CRM? Thanks! Kristina Kristina, Ideally (and technically, legally), the service sould have it's own ID. What we've done though i...

Answer to the most annoying problem of Windows 7
This message was posted here because: 1. I couldn't find any newsgroup on Microsoft Communities for Windows 7 (which I believe is an absolute must) 2. the program mentioned at the end would also work for Vista. From day one of upgrading to Windows 7, I was faced with the unpleasant reality that Win7 doesn't remember the size and position of folders. To further torture me, for some reason unknown to me, it began to restrict some programs' windows--such as IE , Outlook, Chrome, and a few other--to a fixed size and position, not allowing any change no matter how many times...

Mutliple ListCtrls on the left in a spltter window
Hi, I don't know exactly what it is called. You can see it in Spybot Search and Destroy. You can also see it in old version of the Regular Outlook. It is like a tree and a menu. It will have a number of buttons. When each button is pressed, it will expand the level showing icons I think it uses ListView Icon mode. The Buttons must be the actual headers buttons. When the header button is pressed, it rearranges each ListControl, then Exands the List Controls Height. Anybody know what that is called or seen an example? On Tue, 1 May 2007 23:07:10 -0700, "Nobody" <Nobody@yah...

Money 2k4 Passport window hangs
I try to add a passport so it will do background updating and the passport window just sits there after I click "Sign in". I get to the screen from going to "Customize Updates" and clicking "add a passport". I tried typing in the wrong password and it game back with the appropriate error. When typing the correct password the window will appear to be signing in but never progess past that stage. It's sat there for 6 hours and not changed. The window is not frozen, I can easily cancel the process. ...

Data Migration Install
I keep getting an error installing the Migration Framework. I have done the following. 1) using same user as was when installing Server 2) user is a domain admin 3) user has a professional suite license 4) workflow services stopped Any suggestions? ...

Migration Wizard Fails at Groupwise Domain
I am attempting to transfer/convert user's mail boxes to Exchange from Groupwise. I have set up a migration server, running Windows Server 2003 Standard, and Exchange Enterprise 2003. I installed the Novell Client and the Groupwise software. I can access the Groupwise email from this migration server through the Groupwise Client. However, when following the prompts in the Migration Wizard, I get to Step 8 (http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/e2k3InterOpMig/69c57b0f-3c0c-4133-a9e0-ef0d1b51b440.mspx?mfr=true) and when I click next the wizard freezes for a m...

window fly in arbitrary direct lines
I have one window whom I want to fly in arbitrary direct lines across the screen (its not a jpeg as in screen saver case but a window). Is there some way (or a sample) how to do that smoothly? Thanks Vinter Well, do you mean "across the screen" or "across the client area of its parent"? There are a couple different issues depending on the answer. The simple answer is to have in your mainframe code something like the following that will move it right-to-left LRESULT CMainFrame::OnFly(WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam) { POINTS start = (POINTS)wParam; POIN...

Windows 7 Screen Resolution Issue
Windows 7 power saving feature puts the system to sleep after a certain period of idleness. This is fine, but in doing so it also seems to reset my screen resolution from the recommended 1980 x 1080 to a much lower resolution resulting in much larger icons, type, etc. I can easily re-set the resolution, but it doesn't seem like I should have to. Is there a way to prevent this change? I've only had my new Windows 7 machine for a week or so, but this has happened on several occasions. "BobInSF" wrote in message news:uJqPPajSLHA.2068@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl......