Migrating an mfc application from windows 2000 to Windows 2003

Hi,
 I am developing a tool in C# for the Project "Migrating an mfc application
from windows 2000 to Windows 2003" in which if you are giving your
application developed in windows 2000 as input then it will scan through the
code in your application and find out the functions which are changed
(parameter changes or deprecated) for the windows 2003 and list those
functions. For that I would like to know the list of mfc function's that have
obsolete and also changed in Windows 2003(but present in Windows 2000). Could
you please furnish
Additional URL's for our reference.

Thanks,
Arun Govindan

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

> I am developing a tool in C# for the Project "Migrating an mfc application
> from windows 2000 to Windows 2003" in which if you are giving your
> application developed in windows 2000 as input then it will scan through
> the
> code in your application and find out the functions which are changed
> (parameter changes or deprecated) for the windows 2003 and list those
> functions. For that I would like to know the list of mfc function's that
> have
> obsolete and also changed in Windows 2003(but present in Windows 2000).

Note that MFC is a C++ class library and framework - it can't be used with
C#.
A C++ project for the .net platform can either use MFC or the .net Framework
and the CLR - but the difference between them is fundamental, and much
deeper than just a few changed or obsolete functions - in fact, the CLR has
complete new type hierarchy which has nothing to do with the MFC class
hierarchy. Therefore, porting a C++/MFC project to C#/.net Framework would
rather mean a complete rewrite than a simple port.

--
Guido Stercken-Sorrenti
MVP - Visual Developer / Visual C++

0
mspbn (41)

SBS 2003 OWA not showing all emails
The full Outlook client sees all the emails, but about half of the emails in OWA are missing from the inbox. The folder list on the left side shows 4 unread emails, but the center column only shows 1 unread. Outlook client displays all 4 unread emails. The OWA toast popup displays new emails, but the center column still does not display all the emails. Only some are shown. I've tested to make sure that IE isn't caching web requests. IE is set to automatically check for newer versions of the pages. Is Outlook working from a PST file, or running in cached mode and out of ...

Sharing Outlook 2003 #2
I have 3 PC's on my home network. Can I use the same pst file on all 3 machines? anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: || I have 3 PC's on my home network. Can I use the same pst || file on all 3 machines? You can. BUT - this is NOT supported by Microsoft. So make sure you take regular, frequent backups of the pst file. Move the pst file to a shared area and just point all instances of Outlook at it. Note: - you can only access the file with one instance of Outlook at any one time. if you wish to access from a different machine to the current one, you MUST close outlook on...

Backup BCM database in Outlook 2003 w/BCM
I have a user who will be using the Business Contact Manager in Outlook 2003. I se the built-in method of backing up the database, but is there a way to allow me to do unattended backups of it or if the PC is off? If I could store the database on the server (SBS2003) that would be great. Alternatively I'm looking for some other options to automate it as much as possible so there is no or minimal user interaction, or at worst, something launched just before leaving for the day that stores it on the server. If this isn't the right place, please point me to the right place. Thank...

OWA 2003 Attachment Handling
I am looking for the registry setting to allow certain attachments to be open from within Outlook Web Acccess 2003 and not have to save them to disk. I am running a FE/BE scenario (both Exchnage 2003) and have come across only articles for blocking certain attachments: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;555001&Product=exch2003 Please let me know if anyone has come across a way to open PDF's from within a browser window with 128bit SSL turned on. By simply clicking the attachment and saying open in a new web browser does not function correctly. I need a w...

Microsoft Word 2003
Greetings, For some unknown reason my Microsoft Word 2003 freezes on me when I try to save a document to finally tell me it's not responding. Thanks, Leirum Does this happen with a particular document, only, or with any document? If it's with a particular document, copy its contents to the clipboard, except for the final paragraph mark, and then paste it into a newly created document. To show/hide paragraph marks (�) as well as other nonprinting marks, you can press Ctrl+Shift+8. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Microsoft" <Microsoft @disc...

Problems with Exchange 5.5 on windows 2000 Active Directory migration to Exchange 2003
Hi All I hope that someone out there can help me. I have an exchange 5.5 system sitting on a windows 2000 server Active directory server. I have installed a new windows 2003 server with exchange 2003 as the messaging platform. I have gone through the prep for windows 2000, moved all the roles, joined the domain and that all worked out great. The problem is that when I run the exchange migration wizard I get the following error: Unable to logon to the server. Please verify the server name, port, user name and password. I believe that this is a problem relating to the LDAP port (3...

Outlook 2003
I have a third party html broadcast editor. I am able to send an html email out to hotmail, yahoo, etc. and the html is shown correctly and display in the body of the email. However, when I send it to myself at work (Outlook 2003), it doesn't show up in the body of the email, it shows up as an attachment (untitled attachment), which i then have to double-click to open and then in that email body, the html is displayed properly... yahoo and hotmail display everything fine but not our internal network... running exch 5.5 btw. any ideas or suggestions? ...

Import Outlook 2003 into 2000
Would importing an Outlook 2003 pst file into Outlook 2000 cause any problem to either the program or the data? If this PST file was created in Outlook 2003, it will not be compatible with earlier versions (i.e., won't cause any damage, but won't be able to be opened or imported). To transfer data from Outlook 2003 to earlier versions you would first have to create an "Outlook 97-2002" PST file (New > Outlook Data file...) in Outlook 2003 and copy the data into it. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Gail S" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Outlook 2003 folder fonts on Vista
I did a clean install of Office 2003 on my new clean install of Vista Ultimate. When I first startup Outlook 2003 everything is fine but at some point the font size in the mail folder list becomes larger and the letters are too close together with the longer names sometimes cutoff at the end. When I restart Outlook it goes back to normal and then at some point the fonts get larger again. Anything I can do? What video card are you using? I have heard of some strangeness with = Matrox cards among others. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the dis...

exchange 2003 logs #2
Hi, I want to see email going out and coming in in log, like old exchange 5.5 event id 2001 and 2002, which logs should turn it on? thanks. al -- 007 SMTP Protocol logs should give fair amount of detail about smtp traffic. Message Tracking logs if you know what you're looking for (particular sender/recipient etc.) -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "wtk" <wtk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD9BA8D9-FE20-413B-8F2C-35D51988E635@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I want ...

upgrade to Money 2000
Hello, I recently received an e-mail from my bank stating that they will no longer be supporting MS Money 2000. I have enjoyed the use of this program, however do NOT wish to lose any financial information I have saved. When I upgrade ... 1. Do I delete the OLD Money program first ? Saving my *.mny file for upgrade purposes. 2. Do I leave the program installed and let the new money over-right the old program ? thanks for your help, Jason Either one will work. Always have backups, regardless. Were I you, I'd find a copy of M04 while you can. See http://umpmfaq.info/Money2005.htm ...

Money 2000 windows 98 security settings problem
When I try to start money 2000, I get a messages that says "There is a problem with your windows security settings. Money can not open a data file, or create a new file. Let money help you fix this problem." When you click to get the help suggested, you are instructed to find "rsabase.dll" and note it's location, which I did, then go to run and enter "regsvr32c:\windows\system\rsabase.dll" which I did, but I get a response that says "unable to open this internet shortcut, The protocol regsvr32c does not have a registered program. So I am stuck...

iSCSI or SMB using SBS 2003
Hi, I need some advice. I've got a Thecus N8800Pro Storage Applicance, and a Windows SBS 2003 Server. I want to hold my important business files on the applicance so that it can be accessed by the other users of the network. I tried this by connecting the applicance to the SBS Server via iSCSI, and then sharing the folders. It worked well, but if the server goes down for whatever reason then we lose access to these files. So I tried putting the N8800Pro into SMB mode, and sharing the folders directly from the applicance (bypassing the SBS server). However, now access t...

Exchange 2000 server to Exchange 2003 OWA issue
I migrated system that had one Exchange 2000 server to Exchange 2003 this weekend. I Moved the mailboxes and replicated the system and public folders. The only issue is that OWA dose not work all the users are getting Users are getting the login request repeatedly. How do I make sure that OWA is being support from NEW 2003 server? I noticed that when I turned off the IIS Admin on the old server the users did not even get login prompt We are looking to decommission the old Exchange server. When the OWA is resolved any suggestions welcomed When you go to the mailbox, does it re...

Sorting across columns in Excel 2003
I'm using Office 2003 and the Excel module. I have a spreadsheet with 3 columns. Columns A and C include names and phone number of people. Column B is just a blank divider. If I have the sheet alphabetized, with 10 names and numbers in column A and 10 in column B, I occasionally will go to the sheet and add someone else's name. I add it either at the bottom of column A or C. I then highlight A and C and ask to have it sorted alphbetically. Can't do it!! Only thing I've been able to do is "cut" the 10 names from column C and paste them under the 10 names in col...

Excel 2003 Slow Start Up
I am running Excel 2003 (11 & SP2), Office Standard Edition 2003,on Windows XP. When I launch Excel the start up is very slow compared to the other MS apps, i.e., Word 2003, Outlook 2003, PowerPoint 2003, Access 2000 or Visio 2002 Professional. Why might this be? What can I do to speed up the launch? Thanks in advance. Check to see if you have extra files opening. Items selected under Tools, Add-in. Also any workbooks in your XLSTART folders. -- Jim "SysAdmMAX411" <SysAdmMAX411@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:98857B2C-9308-4CBC-B1AE-B1D10E3329...

Data hidden/lost in Excel 2003 spreadsheet?
I have an odd situation I was hoping some of you excel experts might be able to help me with. I was sent a spreadsheet (task schedule list) that was about 25kb (only 40 rows by 8 columns). After I did some editing (adding 2 new columns and adding some information to them) and saved the file, I noticed the file size has ballooned up to 2MB! I went hunting through the file to see if had accidentally pasted a something huge from my clipboard but could find nothing. I know it is the column I added as when I delete the entire column and save the file it goes back to the original 25kb. But w...

Exchange 2003 SP2 IMF Filter-External scan
I have enabled the IMF content filter on our exchange server (why arent these instructions anywhere on the microsoft release notes?) It seems to be filtering internal email as well as external email. How can I have it only scan external emails? Thanks. Craig Um - deploy it on a gateway server? If you put IMF on a mailbox server, it's going to scan all messages that go to that mailbox server. I wouldn't expect messages to be filtered by IMF if sent from internal users, though... What do you have as your IMF settings? -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "Craig&quo...

OMA Exchange 2003 ActiveSync Mobile 5.0
I am trying to get a Mobile 5.0 device to work with Exchange 2003. I have read the installs and KB's. This is where I am at. Server Windows 2003 Server Standard Exchange 2003 Standard SP2 OWA OMA ActiveSync Mobile Device Verizon XV6700 PocketPC Mobile 5.0 OWA is working fine and has been for some time. I installed OMA and ActiveSync. OMA is working fine now from a laptop and from the mobile device. All are using SSL. The thing that does not work is ActiveSync via Verizons broadband network. When I try to sync it says that I am not conencting to an Exchange Server. Guarantee that I have...

Outlook 2003 setup; Calender transfered but can't get contacts
Help. Have tried everything I could think of and find in the help files. New Machine: Outlook 2003 Old Machine: Outlook 2000 Copied .pst file to Zip disk Put zip in new machine and tried importing. The calender came across OK - Actually ended up with two identical One called "Calender", the other "calender in personal folders: I Only need one of these. Contacts: After numerous tries, I deleted all contacts on new machine, created one phony entry, and tried importing again. As before, the sub-folders show up, but even after checking each on...

Exchange OWA 2003 "Server Error in '/OWAAdmin' Application"
I am hoping someone can help me here. I am running Windows 2003 SP1 and Exchange 2003. I installed the Microsoft OWA Admin tool and when I try to go to the web page it prompts me for a username/password. The problem is that it does not take my administration credentials. It gives me 3 tries and then I get the following error. I assume it is some kind of permission error but I have not been able to figure it out. On a side note one of the reasons I am trying to get this program working is I want people to be able to open PDF file when they are attached to an e-mail. Right now it will on...

auto save
We are trying to turn auto save off, but when we close the work book, and reopen it, its turned back on again. What are we missing? Running windows 2000 operating system. Please respond to my email address. Thankyou If you install the service release mentioned in the following MSKB article, it should solve the problem: XL2000: AutoSave Settings Not Retained Between Sessions of Excel 2000 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=231117 -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html "marv" wrote: > We are trying to tur...

Access 97 to 2000 conversion problems 08-20-03
Hi, I have a database (based in access 97) which is accessed across multi-sites on a 'read only' basis. One site has now upgraded to 2000, however they can no longer access the database. I think the problem is that access 2000 will automatically offer them the opportunity to upgrade the database to access 2000 under normal circumstances, however because the users only have read-only access this creates an error messsage. Does anyone know a work around whereby the access 2000 users can access the db on read- only without me giving them full permissions. Thanks Tom ...

MFC 7.0 Breaks DDE
Ahh, found where they are hiding MFC now. It seems like the MFC that ships with VS .NET 2003 breaks DDE. The OnDDEExecute command now omits the string copy of the parameter into a temporary buffer. However, the temporary buffer is still passed to the application OnDDECommand method. So, you always get a blank (or garbage) string I can't believe I am the first to discover this. Are there plans for a quick patch to this ? Any advice on handling this, I hate to overrride OnDDEExecute. Thanks in advance Brian Corcoran Brian, Apparently, you are not the first one to discover thi...

Maintaining a realtime backup of EXCHANGE 2000
Our existing exchange server is a win2k advance server OS with exchange2000. We want to have another machine, ( it is a faster and more powerful machine as our exchange server) but still have the exisiting one in case there is a problem. The machines are not identical hardware We wish to have the "new" machine with all the current mail and active directory. Are there any current tools that will help us with this change over? Should the operating system be windows 2000 or windows 2003? Should we move to exchange 2003? Will that help us. Once this is accomplished, is ...